View Full Version : 2 B A Master - IC

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 08:52 AM
Minus 4 Damage from defense
Era falls to 0 HP.

"Era!" He runs up to the young psychic Pokémon as she colapses and picks her up. "You did great, girl. You almost had him. We'll get you to a center real soon, okay?" He givers her a hug, then turns to Julian. "So you kinda see the problem we've been having? We've been working on her defenses, but she just can't hit very well. I think it's partly to do with her age. We were told in school that a lot of psychics have difficulties using their powers when they're this young."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 10:15 AM
'Bye Queen!' Owen waves goodbye to his pokemon. Then he brings Indigo out and scoops him up in his arms.

'So that website was telling lies about Miss Whitney. We need to look into this more seriously. If its just slander then thats okay but if they are out to ruin good trainers reputations we might need to look into this.' Owen thought for a moment on where he could find info on these guys. The only area he could even think of was the old Radio Tower. He didn't even have a clue on how they could help him but figured it was better than nothing. After sending a quick e-mail to Hayai and Damian to let them know where he was going, he headed off to the radio tower to look for info on this 'PokeExposed.com' website.

planswalker
2012-02-05, 04:01 PM
Fine with me. :smallbiggrin: they should make a pokemon out of it. Pipamon, with only serious as its nature.

Scribly readily accepts the pay.

Alright, let's make a detour before I pick up this pokedex thing. Could use another member to my team. Heading out once more.

You head out... although where is not known yet...

gotta tell me where, as there are a lot more options than jsut into Scyther Woods.

Minus 4 Damage from defense
Era falls to 0 HP.

"Era!" He runs up to the young psychic Pokémon as she colapses and picks her up. "You did great, girl. You almost had him. We'll get you to a center real soon, okay?" He givers her a hug, then turns to Julian. "So you kinda see the problem we've been having? We've been working on her defenses, but she just can't hit very well. I think it's partly to do with her age. We were told in school that a lot of psychics have difficulties using their powers when they're this young."

"Indeed. If you would like, I am a medic and could heal your pokemon for you so you can train again."

140 xp, btw.

'Bye Queen!' Owen waves goodbye to his pokemon. Then he brings Indigo out and scoops him up in his arms.

'So that website was telling lies about Miss Whitney. We need to look into this more seriously. If its just slander then thats okay but if they are out to ruin good trainers reputations we might need to look into this.' Owen thought for a moment on where he could find info on these guys. The only area he could even think of was the old Radio Tower. He didn't even have a clue on how they could help him but figured it was better than nothing. After sending a quick e-mail to Hayai and Damian to let them know where he was going, he headed off to the radio tower to look for info on this 'PokeExposed.com' website.

After you send the email, you hear a familiar thrumming noise in the distance...

and Queen returns to you, a pair of dead squirrels impaled in its scythes. It offers one to you.

Moranica
2012-02-05, 04:13 PM
While Scribly wanders along the roads he ponders.

Hmm, that Whitney sure is tough! I´m sure she could teach me so much! And it would be fun to defeat her...... that is so far away..

I would need at least one fighting type to do that. Then again, I really don´t know many fighting types. I heard of this uber slow pokemon though. One of those could be an example to Rocky!!

Silly Rocky, so much talent, but even more laziness.

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 04:18 PM
"That would be great. Thank you." Damian hands the unconscious Ralts to Julian.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 04:40 PM
A real squirrel? Hope not a pokemon.

Owen, clearly shocked that Queen came back, takes of the dead squirrel off her scythe. He pulls the squirrel in half (looking utterly disgusted by himself) then gives the large half to Indigo. At least you can eat it, he thinks. He sits down with his two pokemon to eat and looks for the first opportunity to hide the dead creature in his bag so as not to offend Queen.

'Well, at least we won't go hungry with you around, will we girl?'

planswalker
2012-02-05, 05:37 PM
While Scribly wanders along the roads he ponders.

Hmm, that Whitney sure is tough! I´m sure she could teach me so much! And it would be fun to defeat her...... that is so far away..

I would need at least one fighting type to do that. Then again, I really don´t know many fighting types. I heard of this uber slow pokemon though. One of those could be an example to Rocky!!

Silly Rocky, so much talent, but even more laziness.

You wander down the road... which road? What direction?

"That would be great. Thank you." Damian hands the unconscious Ralts to Julian.

After a few minutes and some medical attention, Era is back to full strength.

"Would you like to give it another try against Madon, or would you like me to use a weaker one?"

A real squirrel? Hope not a pokemon.

Owen, clearly shocked that Queen came back, takes of the dead squirrel off her scythe. He pulls the squirrel in half (looking utterly disgusted by himself) then gives the large half to Indigo. At least you can eat it, he thinks. He sits down with his two pokemon to eat and looks for the first opportunity to hide the dead creature in his bag so as not to offend Queen.

'Well, at least we won't go hungry with you around, will we girl?'

yep, just an animal. Animals exist in my version of the poke world. They're just not nearly as interesting as creatures which shoot lightning or fire out their butts so get a lot less screen time.

Queen looks at you with calm arrogance in her eyes. She knew that she was the best. When she thinks you aren't looking, she filches your half the animal out of your bag and quickly downs it.

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 05:40 PM
"Thanks for helping her. I think we'll try against-" He pauses as Era sends him a message. He nods. "She wants another crack at Madon I guess." He says it as though he's a bit unsure.

planswalker
2012-02-05, 05:45 PM
"Very well."

Madon is quickly healed and the two are ready to face off once more.

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 05:55 PM
"Alright! Era, just like you said. Lift him into the air."

Era uses Telekenesis to lift Madon into the air and him to six spaces away from her. Telekenesis from a level six is able to lift thirty pounds. Metapod normally weight around 22.

EDIT: Fixed range

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 06:05 PM
Owen shrugs in defeat. Even his own pokemon were beating him today. Yet despite everything that happened today he was happy.
'C'mon girl, we were going to go check out the radio tower in town. We might not get in but I still think its our best bet to find any info. Unfortunately I'm not sure its good to have a pokemon like you loose in town. I promise I'll let you out later.' He returned Queen to her pokeball. He and Indigo head back into town towards the Radio tower.

planswalker
2012-02-05, 06:23 PM
"Alright! Era, just like you said. Lift him into the air."

Era uses Telekenesis to lift Madon into the air and him to six spaces away from her. Telekenesis from a level six is able to lift thirty pounds. Metapod normally weight around 22.

EDIT: Fixed range

You lift the metapod up. However, this does not completely prevent it from acting. Silken threads shoot out of the end of the pokemon and attach to ralts. Era is pulled right up to the metapod and slammed up against it for [roll0] damage.

"Very clever to think of using your pokemon's full capabilities. Just be careful not to underestimate your foe's capabilities as well."

Owen shrugs in defeat. Even his own pokemon were beating him today. Yet despite everything that happened today he was happy.
'C'mon girl, we were going to go check out the radio tower in town. We might not get in but I still think its our best bet to find any info. Unfortunately I'm not sure its good to have a pokemon like you loose in town. I promise I'll let you out later.' He returned Queen to her pokeball. He and Indigo head back into town towards the Radio tower.

As you approach the radio tower, one of the security guards stationed just outside says, "I'm sorry, kid, but Radio Tower policy is that all pokemon must be kept in their pokeballs while in the building."

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 06:32 PM
Subtracting defense leaves Era at 7/18
"Well so much for that. Era, Confusion!"
Uses Confusion
AC: [roll0] Must reach 2, Confuses on 19-20
Damage: [roll1]/2

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 06:37 PM
'Fair enough. In you go Indigo.' Owen wondered to himself if this security had anything to do with that incident here that happened some years ago. He entered the building and went looking for some sort of reception or visitor centre.

planswalker
2012-02-05, 06:43 PM
Subtracting defense leaves Era at 7/18
"Well so much for that. Era, Confusion!"
Uses Confusion
AC: [roll0] Must reach 2, Confuses on 19-20
Damage: [roll1]/2

bug doesn't resist psychic

You rip through its defenses for 11 damage, and it responds with another tackle. This time, it hits for [roll0] damage.

'Fair enough. In you go Indigo.' Owen wondered to himself if this security had anything to do with that incident here that happened some years ago. He entered the building and went looking for some sort of reception or visitor centre.

Immediately inside, there is a reception center with a pair of ladies working behind desks answering questions. The line is short should Owen decide to enter it to ask one of them questions.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 06:53 PM
'Um, hi. Is there anyone from the news department that answers questions from the public. I'm looking for information on a website called "PokeExposed" and I'd appreciate any info they could give me. I'd like to know about them from a reputable source.'

planswalker
2012-02-05, 06:54 PM
"I've never heard of the site, but I can refer you to the research department. They can schedule you with an appointment."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 07:05 PM
'Thank you very much. It's not that important and I understand you're all busy, so just whenever you can. When do you think you could fit me in?'

planswalker
2012-02-05, 07:35 PM
"You will need to go upstairs to room 218. They will schedule your appointment."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 07:48 PM
Owen heads upstairs to room 218, keeping an eye out for celebrities. He knocks on the door then enters. 'Hello, I'm looking to make an appointment with the research department. I'd like to look into any information they have on "PokeExposed" and I'd like to speak to someone.'

planswalker
2012-02-05, 08:34 PM
A secretary behind a desk says, "Very good. I can get you a 2 o'clock meeting with one of our researchers tomorrow."

Esprit15
2012-02-05, 10:23 PM
Era: 4/18
"Good, it just nicked ya. One more good Confusion!"
Confusion
AC: [roll0] Meet 2, Confuse on 19-20
Damage: [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-05, 11:16 PM
Owen, glad he got an appointment so soon, thanks the secretary then leaves the building. He tries to think of something to do before meeting up with Damian and Hayai. He decides to head north and look for berries or acorns up on route 35. When he gets to the city outskirts he calls out Queen to use her sharp senses to help look around. He decides not to wander too far this time. Remembering the trouble Damian got into with Queen, Owen decides not to wander too far from the city.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 01:33 AM
Era: 4/18
"Good, it just nicked ya. One more good Confusion!"
Confusion
AC: [roll0] Meet 2, Confuse on 19-20

you hit it for 14 damage, and it is nearly felled. It responds by tackling you for [roll0] damage.

Owen, glad he got an appointment so soon, thanks the secretary then leaves the building. He tries to think of something to do before meeting up with Damian and Hayai. He decides to head north and look for berries or acorns up on route 35. When he gets to the city outskirts he calls out Queen to use her sharp senses to help look around. He decides not to wander too far this time. Remembering the trouble Damian got into with Queen, Owen decides not to wander too far from the city.

You find a patch of bushes that have small blue berries growing on them. Most are not ripe yet, but you are able to harvest 6 good berries.

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 01:42 AM
Era falls again. "Dang it, not quite. Still, she put up a much better fight. I bet if I hadn't tried that trick with telekenesis she'd have done better." He walks out to pick up Era again. "Okay, let's let you rest. Two good fights in less than an hour. You earned a good rest." Damian holds the passed out psychic in his arms like a small child. He turns to Julian. "She seems really tired out. You're a more experienced trainer; should we heal her up and keep going or call it a day and let her rest?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 04:43 AM
Owen takes the berries that are ripe and puts them in his backpack. Not knowing what type of berries they are or what they do, he decides to ask about them next time he is in a pokecenter. He then takes his laptop from his bag and heads further north, looking for a pokemon to scan.

Moranica
2012-02-06, 05:25 AM
As Hayai stumbles along the road, he passes a sign. "Route 35" it says.

Best not to wander to far. Don't want to miss Whitneys classes.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 05:52 AM
Era falls again. "Dang it, not quite. Still, she put up a much better fight. I bet if I hadn't tried that trick with telekenesis she'd have done better." He walks out to pick up Era again. "Okay, let's let you rest. Two good fights in less than an hour. You earned a good rest." Damian holds the passed out psychic in his arms like a small child. He turns to Julian. "She seems really tired out. You're a more experienced trainer; should we heal her up and keep going or call it a day and let her rest?"

"I feel that she is close to a breakthrough. Let us try once more."

140 xp.

Owen takes the berries that are ripe and puts them in his backpack. Not knowing what type of berries they are or what they do, he decides to ask about them next time he is in a pokecenter. He then takes his laptop from his bag and heads further north, looking for a pokemon to scan.

You encounter a small, round, brown pokemon with long ears, a ringed tail, and a large white ring on on its belly that seems to be guarding its burrow. As you approach, it glares at you and stands on its tail to make itself look taller.

As Hayai stumbles along the road, he passes a sign. "Route 35" it says.

Best not to wander to far. Don't want to miss Whitneys classes.

As you are walking along, you encounter a yellow pokemon with a segmented body and a small straight horn protruding from its head.

Moranica
2012-02-06, 06:01 AM
“Well look at this. Looks like some kind of unicorn bug pokemon. That horn looks dangerous though. Better leave it alone. … doesn’t look to fast anyway.”

Hayai walks past the pokemon, trying not to raise any aggression. He doesn’t go far out of the way of it either though.

Also, on an entirely different note. I made lvl 7 in AVB!

planswalker
2012-02-06, 06:23 AM
It looks at you curiously and does not approach.

Moranica
2012-02-06, 06:58 AM
"Wait, you don't look agressive at all."

Rocky is called out from his pokeball.

"Rocky, can you ask this unicorn bug if he's seen any strong pokemon pass by at all?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 08:25 AM
'Calm down, little guy. We don't want to fight.'

Owen just stands as still as possible and scans the pokemon with his laptop. He wispers to Queen to make no sudden moves towards it but stay ready to defend him, just in case.

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 08:53 AM
"Okay then." He hands Julian Era one more time to heal up.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 09:46 AM
"Wait, you don't look agressive at all."

Rocky is called out from his pokeball.

"Rocky, can you ask this unicorn bug if he's seen any strong pokemon pass by at all?"

If the two communicate, they forget to talk to you about it. However, you have no indication of such.

'Calm down, little guy. We don't want to fight.'

Owen just stands as still as possible and scans the pokemon with his laptop. He wispers to Queen to make no sudden moves towards it but stay ready to defend him, just in case.

The thing continues to stare at you with trepidation but not hostility.

"Okay then." He hands Julian Era one more time to heal up.

She is healed up once more and the metapod as well.

Moranica
2012-02-06, 09:59 AM
"So Rocky, it's nice to see you have fun, but what did it say?"

"Do you even have a clue as to what I'm saying?"

"So, you think it would make a good team mate?"

"Alright, unicorn bug, do you understand what I'm saying?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 10:26 AM
Owen takes out one of the blue berries from his bag and rolls it close to the brown pokemon.

'Thats a good little fellow. Just stay there.'

Provided it doesn't try to run away or attack him he keeps scanning the pokemon until its added to his records.

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 11:14 AM
"Okay, no tricks this time, Era. Confusion!"
AC: [roll0] Meet 2, confuse on 19-20

planswalker
2012-02-06, 04:29 PM
"So Rocky, it's nice to see you have fun, but what did it say?"

"Do you even have a clue as to what I'm saying?"

"So, you think it would make a good team mate?"

"Alright, unicorn bug, do you understand what I'm saying?"

It blinks twice in your direction.

Owen takes out one of the blue berries from his bag and rolls it close to the brown pokemon.

'Thats a good little fellow. Just stay there.'

Provided it doesn't try to run away or attack him he keeps scanning the pokemon until its added to his records.

It eats the berry with no ill side effects. After a brief time, you scan the sentret.

"Okay, no tricks this time, Era. Confusion!"

You deal twelve damage to the metapod and it tackles you for [roll0]

Moranica
2012-02-06, 04:40 PM
"That's it, I've had it with these bugs, I can't make any sense out of them. Rocky, let's go!"

Now, I could make bird feed out of it for Ramba...., but that somehow seems cruel. Nah, better to just leave it like it is.

Hayai then turns around and continues it's travels on road 35.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 04:45 PM
You encounter a gray round pokemon with a pair of arms and a large face and no other features. His skin is tough and hard.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 04:55 PM
He gets up and waves goodbye to the Sentret. Owen also claps queen on the head.

'Keep an eye out girl. Not all pokemon are that friendly.' Then it occured to him who he was talking to. 'Lets head back to town and see if we can get you a challenge in a fight. I don't like fighting pokemon that don't attack us unless I'm going to catch it.' Owen and Queen head back south, still searching to see if there are any new pokemon on the way back.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 04:56 PM
You come across a gray round pokemon with a pair of arms and a large face and no other features. His skin is tough and hard.

Moranica
2012-02-06, 04:58 PM
"Wow, this thing look rock solid. How does it move like that?"

"Rocky, come out, someone took your name and took it serious. It looks awesome though."

Hayai then procedes to scan the pokemon with his laptop.

I keep forgetting to scan...

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 05:02 PM
Was that second one to me, or did you just repeat what Morancia ran into?

planswalker
2012-02-06, 05:14 PM
"Wow, this thing look rock solid. How does it move like that?"

"Rocky, come out, someone took your name and took it serious. It looks awesome though."

Hayai then procedes to scan the pokemon with his laptop.

I keep forgetting to scan...

You begin to scan, and the pokemon notices you. It starts floating towards you.

Was that second one to me, or did you just repeat what Morancia ran into?

one to each of you.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 05:38 PM
Despite not having it in his pokedex, Owen can recognise it due to the large number of them that live in Victory Road and Rock Tunnel, both near his home town.

'Dang! A Geodude. I'd really like one of them but unfortunately neither you nor Indigo could really hurt it much. And both its types could hurt you two. We better head back to town.' Owen and Queen move slowly past the Geodude, trying not to make his presence known to it. He decides it would be better just training in the city. He could try and see if anyone was still at the Gym.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 05:41 PM
you sure you wanna run away? It's not high enough level to have rock moves yet...

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 05:56 PM
Yeah but I only have normal moves. If I can lvl up my nidoran I can learn double kick and come back and catch one easier.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 06:08 PM
well, you poison it and take off just a little hp and it will be very catchable.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 06:21 PM
Fair point.

Changing his mind, Owen returns Queen to her pokeball and summons Indigo out. 'Now c'mon. I want you to hit it with that new move you got. It cost me some money but I know you can do it.'

Owen pulls out his laptop and starts scanning it. 'Okay Indgio, use Toxic.'
[roll0] AC: 4 to badly poison

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 06:26 PM
11/19
"Again!"
Confusion

planswalker
2012-02-06, 07:09 PM
Fair point.

Changing his mind, Owen returns Queen to her pokeball and summons Indigo out. 'Now c'mon. I want you to hit it with that new move you got. It cost me some money but I know you can do it.'

Owen pulls out his laptop and starts scanning it. 'Okay Indgio, use Toxic.'
[roll0] AC: 4 to badly poison

Your toxic misses. Fortunately, the geodude doesn't notice.

11/19
"Again!"
Confusion

You deal 16 damage, and your foe hits for [roll0] damage.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 07:40 PM
'Eh?' Owen looks at Indigo confused. 'You haven't hit anything all day. You must still be sick from that TM'
Deciding that it would be safer to stick to his original plan of coming back later he scoops up Indigo and makes a bee-line for the gym. It was not turning out to be his day at all.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 07:42 PM
You arrive at the gym without further incident.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 08:03 PM
Owen looks around for a trainer who is willing to have a friendly two-on-two battle. Hopefully trainers wont give him the same trouble as wild pokemon had been giving him. On a whim, he gives a berry each to both his pokemon. While he didn't know what berries they were, the Sentret didn't seem any worse the ware for eating it.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 08:09 PM
You find a trainer who will offer you just such a battle. He proposes at $300 bet on it.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 08:18 PM
'Sorry, I only got $170' Owen takes out two pokeballs. 'Can I use these as collateral?'

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 08:51 PM
4/19
"You got him! One more time!"
Confusion
AC: [roll0] Hits on 2, Confuse on 19-20
EDIT: Well f***.

planswalker
2012-02-06, 09:45 PM
'Sorry, I only got $170' Owen takes out two pokeballs. 'Can I use these as collateral?'

"Good for me."

4/19
"You got him! One more time!"
Confusion
AC: [roll0] Hits on 2, Confuse on 19-20
EDIT: Well f***.

You miss with your mind attack. He hits once more for [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 09:50 PM
'Cool.' Indigo jumps down from Owens shoulder.

'Ready when you are.'
If I go first I use Focus Energy

planswalker
2012-02-06, 09:54 PM
Your opponent's first pokemon is a slowpoke.

Oddly enough, you indeed are faster.

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 09:57 PM
-8/19
Era again falls to the ground. "Well so much for that. I think we should call it good for now. Era's getting stronger, but I won't want to treat her like a living punching bag. Everyone knows that's a Wobbuffet's job. Say, I've always wondered how psychic attacks were able to miss. Is it just a lack of focus sort of problem?"

planswalker
2012-02-06, 10:01 PM
-8/19
Era again falls to the ground. "Well so much for that. I think we should call it good for now. Era's getting stronger, but I won't want to treat her like a living punching bag. Everyone knows that's a Wobbuffet's job. Say, I've always wondered how psychic attacks were able to miss. Is it just a lack of focus sort of problem?"

"Probably wise. As for that question, normally it is more of an issue of your opponent's resistance to the attack than it is to your focus."

160 xp this time. His metapod leveled up.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-06, 10:14 PM
As I said I do focus energy for my first turn, so its slowpokes turn

'Wow! A Slowpoke! I better scan this for Hayai, is that okay with you?' he asks the trainer. 'I got a friend who loves slow pokemon.'

Esprit15
2012-02-06, 10:18 PM
He holds the passed out Ralts in his arms. She's not suffering any major injuries, and keeping her in a ball just seems cruel to Damian. "So why did you decide to specialize in bugs? Aren't most of them fairly weak compared to other Pokémon?"

planswalker
2012-02-07, 01:32 AM
As I said I do focus energy for my first turn, so its slowpokes turn

'Wow! A Slowpoke! I better scan this for Hayai, is that okay with you?' he asks the trainer. 'I got a friend who loves slow pokemon.'

"Not a problem."

did things this way because trainers act first, and I thought this kind of thing might be your reaction.

You focus your energy, and it sets up a curse.

He holds the passed out Ralts in his arms. She's not suffering any major injuries, and keeping her in a ball just seems cruel to Damian. "So why did you decide to specialize in bugs? Aren't most of them fairly weak compared to other Pokémon?"

"I like a challenge. That, and they are almost universally underestimated. However, they have neither the weakest or strongest of the pokemon in their number. You would be surprised how many people underestimate their potential. It worked on you. You assumed that the supernatural psychic powers of your pokemon could not be overcome by a bug. What can a bug do in response to being held by the power of the mind?"

Moranica
2012-02-07, 01:41 AM
Hayai continues scanning it.

"Look Rocky, it's coming over."

planswalker
2012-02-07, 01:45 AM
It comes over to you and begins to smell your leg.

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 02:09 AM
"I actually just never had an interest in them, though not for any weakness. In all honesty, I was actually worried about training with a bug trainer, but when the alternative is trying ghost attacks on normal types, you take what you can to help your team."

planswalker
2012-02-07, 02:20 AM
"If this was your gardevoir training for the League Championship, my elite butterfree would be using silver wind, signal beam, and u-turn to set up for an unbeatable volcarona. However, you are a young trainer seeking to train his ralts. Thus, Harry's granddaughter battles you to learn what she can of fighting pokemon with unusual abilities."

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 02:29 AM
"And I'd have probably taught Era Thunderbolt or something for wider coverage. Of course more likely I would not have been practicing against a bug trainer." He chuckles at the last sentence. "Then again, if I want to be a Gym Leader eventually I should probably get used to countering unfavorable type matchups. What's the League's rule on Gym Leader teams? I know we generally should have to be able to cater to any level of trainer, but what about types and such? I never got a good answer when I asked at school."

planswalker
2012-02-07, 02:34 AM
"That's because there are no rules, but it is heavily encouraged for you to favor a type to help trainers learn to deal with that type. No one regulates what team you use, other than that you must have pokemon who can challenge trainers of any level of experience."

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 02:45 AM
"Great to know. I'll have to keep that in mind. Well I don't want to keep you from your bugs, so I think I'll head out to get Era healed up and meet up with some friends. It was great to meet and train with you." He walks off with Era still in his arms as he follows the map to the Center. Once he arrives he asks for an attendant to take care of Era, then goes to charge his computer while he waits.

Too much me controlling what happens? Just say so if it is.

planswalker
2012-02-07, 02:59 AM
All the above happens as you have planned.

Moranica
2012-02-07, 03:55 AM
"Look, it likes me!"

"Let's take it with us."

Rocky takes out a pokeball and let's the rock smell it.

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 09:12 AM
After receiving a fully recovered Era, Damian asks her how she's feeling as they head to route 35.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-07, 09:30 AM
Owen starts scanning the pokemon. 'C'mon. Hit something this time. Use Peck.'

[roll0] Ac: 2 (17-20 Crits)
[roll1]

Indigo actually hit something. :smallbiggrin:

planswalker
2012-02-07, 06:04 PM
"Look, it likes me!"

"Let's take it with us."

Rocky takes out a pokeball and let's the rock smell it.

The rock begins to lick the pokeball, then attempt to eat it. You barely manage to pull your hand back before it would have crunched both the ball and your hand.

After receiving a fully recovered Era, Damian asks her how she's feeling as they head to route 35.

You wander around on Route 35 for a bit before a pink bipedal bulldog with blue polka dots covering its body walks out from some nearby brush. Its loose, flabby skin gives the illusion that it is wearing a small dress with a blue colored ruff. It looks at you and barks in a warning for you to respect its territory.

Owen starts scanning the pokemon. 'C'mon. Hit something this time. Use Peck.'

[roll0] Ac: 2 (17-20 Crits)
[roll1]

Indigo actually hit something. :smallbiggrin:

It takes 12 damage and yawns at you.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-07, 06:19 PM
Owen switches his pokemon. 'Queen, use quick attack.'

[roll0] Ac: 2
[roll1]

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 06:23 PM
Damian laughs. "What, you guarding something there?"

planswalker
2012-02-07, 06:37 PM
Owen switches his pokemon. 'Queen, use quick attack.'

[roll1]

Queen downs the foe in 1 hit.

Next, out comes a geodude.

Damian laughs. "What, you guarding something there?"

It continues to act as threatening as it can.

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 08:53 PM
"It would be cute if it weren't so ugly. Era, try lifting it up from here."
Use telekinesis as a level 8 Pokémon. Lifts 40 lbs.

planswalker
2012-02-07, 09:35 PM
Era lifts it up, and it yelps in surprise.

Esprit15
2012-02-07, 09:53 PM
"Good. I don't think it can understand what I'm saying, so try and tell it that we just want to get through without conflict, but if it wants to fight we will."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-07, 10:38 PM
Owen cursed his luck. Another one that he couldn't catch. He started scanning it.

'Queen, take it out with a quick attack.'

[roll1]

Moranica
2012-02-08, 03:02 AM
"Look Rocky, it likes the pokeball. I think .... wow, it almost got me there. Here little dude, let me show you what it's for."

Hayai touches/hits the pokemon, trying to catch it.

Do you roll the capture check or do I?

planswalker
2012-02-08, 08:54 AM
"Good. I don't think it can understand what I'm saying, so try and tell it that we just want to get through without conflict, but if it wants to fight we will."

The pink thing looks at your ralts for a moment, then continues to growl. The message isn't getting through or is being ignored. It does not want you to pass.

Sound familiar? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UfAL9f74I)

Owen cursed his luck. Another one that he couldn't catch. He started scanning it.

'Queen, take it out with a quick attack.'

[roll1]

Your attack hits, but it largely resists the attack. Still, 8 damage gets through. It responds by tackling you for [roll0] damage.

"Look Rocky, it likes the pokeball. I think .... wow, it almost got me there. Here little dude, let me show you what it's for."

Hayai touches/hits the pokemon, trying to catch it.

Do you roll the capture check or do I?

normally, you do. This time, I did.

The ball wiggles thrice and stops with little drama. It is caught.

lvl 6 male geodude.

Moranica
2012-02-08, 09:02 AM
Sweet!! So far, the catching is going really smooth!

Hayai dances around the pokeball a bit, while Rocky looks on in surprise.

"That's right Rocky, he will make an excellent new teammate. He seemed very slow though, so he'll be training alongside you. ... Although at the moment, I think you're the faster one!"

Hayai then procedes to mail the two trainers he met earlier and heads to them.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 09:39 AM
'Arrgghhh' grunts Owen. He didn't really have much choice against it.

'Quick attack again and again and again.'

Just going to keep quick attacking till Queen or it is knocked out. Can't really tell her to eat the berry if I'm not sure what it is.

[roll1]

[roll2] Ac: 2
[roll3]

[roll4] Ac: 2
[roll5]

planswalker
2012-02-08, 09:47 AM
Sweet!! So far, the catching is going really smooth!

Hayai dances around the pokeball a bit, while Rocky looks on in surprise.

"That's right Rocky, he will make an excellent new teammate. He seemed very slow though, so he'll be training alongside you. ... Although at the moment, I think you're the faster one!"

Hayai then procedes to mail the two trainers he met earlier and heads to them.

You return to see Owen in a trainer fight.

'Arrgghhh' grunts Owen. He didn't really have much choice against it.

'Quick attack again and again and again.'

Just going to keep quick attacking till Queen or it is knocked out. Can't really tell her to eat the berry if I'm not sure what it is.

[roll1]

[roll2] Ac: 2
[roll3]

[roll4] Ac: 2
[roll5]

The geodude takes 7 damage.

It tackles for [roll0] damage.

Assuming Queen doesn't faint, it will eat its berry and gain 10 hp.

It will then deal 11 damage to the geodude and knock it out.

360 xp split between everyone who participated.

Moranica
2012-02-08, 10:00 AM
"Hey Owen, see you're practising hard! Have you gone to the guy who sells pokedexes yet?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 10:27 AM
Yep, she had 9 hp after the hit so 19 after the berry

Owen hears Hayai just as Queen knocks out the geodude. 'Whooo! Good going girl, return.' He turns to Hayai. 'Not yet, didn't have any money but I just won some. Hey I just seen a pokemon you might be interested in. Slowpoke!'

Moranica
2012-02-08, 10:30 AM
"You .... you saw a slowpoke?? The legendary pink beast? .... just wow, that is so awesome. Did you catch it? Cause then I wanna trade."

Slowpokes are da bomb.

planswalker
2012-02-08, 10:31 AM
"Well, a deal's a deal. Nice scyther you got there." The trainer forks over the money. After hearing his slowpoke complimented, he says, "Well, I'd be willing to trade it, if you have something interesting."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 10:35 AM
'Thanks, shes amazing. Sup to you man. I wouldn't trade Indigo for anything and Queen earned my respect so I gotta earn hers. If you got something the guy wants go for it.'

Moranica
2012-02-08, 10:35 AM
"Wait, you're the one with the slowpoke? Lucky you!"

"I just caught a nice geodude, very handy if you're visiting the gym, since it's resistant to normal attacks."

"Of course, I would also offer to fight you for it, but I just saw your pokemon get knocked out."

planswalker
2012-02-08, 10:41 AM
"Wait, you're the one with the slowpoke? Lucky you!"

"I just caught a nice geodude, very handy if you're visiting the gym, since it's resistant to normal attacks."

"Of course, I would also offer to fight you for it, but I just saw your pokemon get knocked out."

"Uh, geodude? Like, the most common pokemon to find in caves? Anything more interesting?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 10:45 AM
Owen thinks to himself; Does everyone have a geodude except me? And whats wrong with it? Have they never seen how strong a Golem is?

He does not say this out loud though.

Moranica
2012-02-08, 10:48 AM
"Well, this is a special one for sure. I found it outside a cave!!"

"I have a murkrow as well, but I'd rather not. And there is the slakoth, but he's been with me since forever, and we have business, so I'd rather not."

"What would you like, perhaps I can find/trade one for you."

Esprit15
2012-02-08, 10:48 AM
"Okay, seems it won't let us by peacefully. What do you say Era? Fight it or toss it aside and continue?" He realizes that he could scan the Pokémon while he thinks about this, and starts collecting information with his computer.

planswalker
2012-02-08, 10:57 AM
"Um, sorry. None of those interest me. Maybe later. I stay in town and often hang around the gym. If you find something interesting, I'd love to trade."

planswalker
2012-02-08, 10:58 AM
"Okay, seems it won't let us by peacefully. What do you say Era? Fight it or toss it aside and continue?" He realizes that he could scan the Pokémon while he thinks about this, and starts collecting information with his computer.

30 seconds later, you learn that this thing is called snubbull and is a rather territorial canine with a big bite.

Moranica
2012-02-08, 11:00 AM
"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. Can I have your email adress, just in case I find something interesting? I would really like a slowpoke you see. Where did you find yours?"

planswalker
2012-02-08, 11:08 AM
"Sure thing." He gives it to you. "I caught him in Azaela town."

Moranica
2012-02-08, 11:16 AM
"Alright, thank you. I'll be sure to contact you when I find something new."

"Owen, you said you didn't have enough money. How much is this pokedex thing?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 11:31 AM
'Dunno, not visited the guy yet. We can go ask him now. But first ...' he turns to the trainer 'Do you know anything about the rumours of Team Rocket being back? I'm from Viridian, so lets say i have a ... vested intrest in not seeing them return.'

planswalker
2012-02-08, 11:39 AM
"I've heard the rumors, but that's all."

Moranica
2012-02-08, 11:43 AM
"Yes, let's go see the man next."

He'll just wait for the conversation with the trainer to finish and then follows Owen.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 11:43 AM
'Fair enough.' He realised that if Whitney could kick his butt without even trying, it may be best to avoid Team Rocket for now. 'Can we swing by the PokeCenter first Hayai. I wanna heal up and find out anything I can about these.' He gives Hayai one of the blue berries he found earlier.

Moranica
2012-02-08, 11:44 AM
"Sure, visiting the center wouldn't hurt. Any idea what these berries do?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 11:48 AM
'I think it might heal them up. I gave one to Queen and she seemed healthier after eating it during the battle. I figured we could ask Nurse Joanne about them. C'mon, lets get going.'

Moranica
2012-02-08, 11:55 AM
"Oh nice, I'll be sure to save it for times in need then. Let's go."

Esprit15
2012-02-08, 02:42 PM
I did say that he asked Era what she thought. Assuming she was neutral on the question.
"Okay, let's see how that battle could have gone. Keep holding it up and use Confusion."
Confusion
AC: [roll0] 2, Confuse on 19-20
Damage: [roll0][/SPOILER]

planswalker
2012-02-08, 05:10 PM
moranica and irnbru, I'll give y'all a response when either of you takes an actual action.

I did say that he asked Era what she thought. Assuming she was neutral on the question.
"Okay, let's see how that battle could have gone. Keep holding it up and use Confusion."
Confusion
Damage: [roll0][/SPOILER]

Unfortunately, it is too much concentration to hold it up telekinetically AND use psychic powers. Fortunately, its stubby little legs do not close the distance. and it cannot reach you this turn.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 05:34 PM
We agreed we'd hit up the PokeCenter to heal and see if Nurse Joanne knew anything about these berries, then after that we'll go check the price on buying a pokedex.

planswalker
2012-02-08, 05:36 PM
The two of you arrive at the pokecenter and get your pokemon healed. Nurse Joann takes a look at the berries and says, "Oran. Very common berry. Nutritious for pokemon and even heals them a little."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 05:39 PM
'Oh, thanks for telling us. They seem helpful.' After collecting their pokemon, the two head out again.

And now that we have an in-character reason to use them, we head to visit the pokedex man.

planswalker
2012-02-08, 06:00 PM
I prefer it if you say something IC rather than spoilered OOC in the IC thread.

You find yourselves in front of an old but elegant house in the Business Quarter.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 06:15 PM
Sorry, try not to let it happen again.

Owen knocks quite loudly on the door.

'Hello, we're looking for Professor Farns. We were sent here by Whitney. She said you might be able to sell us some cheap pokedexes.'

planswalker
2012-02-08, 10:33 PM
"Yep, that's me." says a voice behind the door.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-08, 11:01 PM
Owen looked at the still closed door. 'So, how much are you wanting for them? Neither of us have all that much.'

Esprit15
2012-02-08, 11:27 PM
"Dang, not strong enough to pull that off yet. Okay, Confusion again!"

planswalker
2012-02-09, 08:42 AM
Owen looked at the still closed door. 'So, how much are you wanting for them? Neither of us have all that much.'

"$250"

"Dang, not strong enough to pull that off yet. Okay, Confusion again!"

You have hit for a total of 22 damage, and then your foe reaches you and bites you for [roll0] dark physical damage.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 09:14 AM
'Fine. I'll take one.' He looked at the door again. 'So, uh ... do you want me to post it through the door or something?'

Moranica
2012-02-09, 09:22 AM
"What?! Where am I going to get that kind of money?"

"So, Owen, can I borrow some?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 09:24 AM
'I got $470, have you got $30?'

planswalker
2012-02-09, 09:31 AM
"I will bring them out shortly." the voice says.

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 09:59 AM
Holy crap! Doubled for weakness.
17-4=13, 13x2=26
-6/20
"Dangit! Era!" Damian recalls Era and tries to run away.
It's a d20+dexterity for a trainer to run away, right?
[roll0]
Please dice gods don't let me get killed by a Snubble.

Moranica
2012-02-09, 11:11 AM
"I do, I have 100 of my own money. I owe you one man, if I can repay it now, please tell me. Of course, when I get the money, I will do so anyway."

planswalker
2012-02-09, 11:48 AM
Holy crap! Doubled for weakness.
17-4=13, 13x2=26
-6/20
"Dangit! Era!" Damian recalls Era and tries to run away.
It's a d20+dexterity for a trainer to run away, right?
[roll0]
Please dice gods don't let me get killed by a Snubble.

90 xp for Era.

You flee successfully.

"I do, I have 100 of my own money. I owe you one man, if I can repay it now, please tell me. Of course, when I get the money, I will do so anyway."

A middle-aged man in a white lab coat walks out with a pair of boxes in his hand. "These pokedexes should suffice. Guaranteed 20 second scan of any poke you point it at, rechargeable batteries with both an ac adapter and a usb adapter so you can charge it anywhere. Guaranteed to have every known pokemon in it, with a customizable section for unique or powerful legendary pokemon should you come across any."

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 12:13 PM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/Esprit15/AltEvoV2Final1_01.png :smalltongue:
Also, he keeps an eye out for Owen and Hayai on the way to the center.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 12:23 PM
Owen gives Hayai $150 of his money then pays for his pokedex.

'Just pay me back whenever.'

He also e-mails Damian with their location and the price of the pokedex.

planswalker
2012-02-09, 01:45 PM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/Esprit15/AltEvoV2Final1_01.png :smalltongue:

he does not encounter them,but he does find that they have emailed him their location.

He accepts your money then gives you one of the boxes.

planswalker
2012-02-09, 01:46 PM

he does not encounter them,but he does find that they have emailed him their location.

planswalker
2012-02-09, 01:49 PM

Moranica
2012-02-09, 02:10 PM
"Alright, sweet."

Hayai proceeds to dig into his pocket and draws out all his money. Which now is exactly 250.

"Here you go old man. Can't wait to try this baby out."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 02:12 PM
Owen opens up the package and looks at his new pokedex. He tries to look for anything out of the ordinary.

'So why are these pokedexes so cheap then?'

Am I paranoid for not trusting this guy?

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 02:18 PM
"Ah, that's were they went." He lets Era out of her ball and carries her. She's still passed out, but whether or not she can hear him, he tries to talk to her as he continues to the center. "Sorry about what happened back there. We should have just passed by the Snubble. It was my fault. We'll train against something easier after we get you patched up." After he arrives at the center, he asks one of the nurses to help with Era. "We had a run in with a Snubble, and it got a lucky hit in."

planswalker
2012-02-09, 02:52 PM
"Alright, sweet."

Hayai proceeds to dig into his pocket and draws out all his money. Which now is exactly 250.

"Here you go old man. Can't wait to try this baby out."

He gives you one as well.

Owen opens up the package and looks at his new pokedex. He tries to look for anything out of the ordinary.

'So why are these pokedexes so cheap then?'

Am I paranoid for not trusting this guy?

"No fancy innovations, no extra features. It uses the lists previously recorded by other field researchers that are all public domain now, and the software is all user-developed freeware. If you had the time, skill and tools to make it yourself, you could make it for about $150. I guarantee mine to work for two years, and some of the ones I've sold have been in use for over 15 years."

"Ah, that's were they went." He lets Era out of her ball and carries her. She's still passed out, but whether or not she can hear him, he tries to talk to her as he continues to the center. "Sorry about what happened back there. We should have just passed by the Snubble. It was my fault. We'll train against something easier after we get you patched up." After he arrives at the center, he asks one of the nurses to help with Era. "We had a run in with a Snubble, and it got a lucky hit in."

"We sure can. Do be careful when training, especially with a ralts so young."

Moranica
2012-02-09, 03:00 PM
"Nice, thank you sir."

Receiving the device seems to light up Hayai's energy, cause he shoots into a rant.

"Alright, Owen, let's wait up for Damian to get here. What do you want to do after that? I'm broke, so I need to make some money. I also want to see the classes from Whitney, catch an awesome pokemon so I can trade it for uber awesome slowpoke. Also Rocky needs more training, as well as Stones. Oh right, and when I'm strong enough I want to challenge Whitney...."

"But I guess that will be a while more..."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 03:10 PM
Owen thinks back on his battle with Whitney. 'Yeah, that might be a while before we're up to her standard.'

'Well I'm not leaving town till tomorrow, and I'd like to maybe stay and see the Exhibition match of the Champion. But first' he claps Hayai on the shoulder 'we both need to find a way to make some money. Got any ideas? I think I might go with you next time you help out at the gym if thats okay.'

You want a fight between Rocky and Indigo? I only need 5 xp to learn a new move.

Wait, are we even allowed PvP?

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 03:26 PM
"Naturally. We'll be more careful." He and Era walk out of the center, following the directions in the email.

planswalker
2012-02-09, 03:46 PM
Damian joins the other two and receives his pokedex for $250.

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 03:52 PM
"Actually, I'm okay with my computer."

planswalker
2012-02-09, 03:59 PM
you'll want the upgrade. Computers require constant attention and can't be risked in many situations. Pokedexes require only a single trainer action and are much easier to protect in hostile situation.

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 04:35 PM
He grumbles as he pulls out the money. "Hm, fine. Looks like I ain't saving any money on this trip...eh, it'll pay for itself eventually." He hands over the 250 and takes the Pokédex. "Hey guys, it would probably be a good idea to get a quick scan of each other's Pokémon before we get going. Plus it gives us a chance to try out the new 'dexes and if something goes wrong and one of us can't take care of our Pokémon," he waves his bandaged arm "we can still make sure they'll be okay quickly."

planswalker
2012-02-09, 04:51 PM
all of y'all now have credit for each other's pokemon. list in the OOC all the pokemon you own.

The pokedex crafter smiles and says, "Satisfied?"

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 04:56 PM
"I'm not gonna lie, that is much nicer than using my computer. So, where to guys?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 05:01 PM
'Seems satisfactory. Good work Professor.'

Owen turns to Damian. 'We still need to find you a new pokemon. Don't think I forgot that I owe you one for helping me find Queen. If we go with you we can support you and make sure Era doesn't faint before you catch one. You want to do that now?'

He pulls one of the oran berries out and tosses it to Damian. 'And give her this.'

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 05:07 PM
"That would be quite helpful. I do remember doing a bit of reading at school. Hm...is there anywhere nearby that we could find some ghost types, or possibly Spinarak? A ghost would really help at the gym here, and I've had my eye on a spider Pokémon for a while."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 05:34 PM
'Bug pokemon? Hmmm.' He thought back to what little he knew of the Johto region. 'My aunt used to tell me about a bug catching contest they held north of here every week. That or Ilex Forest might be your best bet to find a spider. As for a Ghost type, isn't the Ghost Gym in the next city. He might know a good spot for finding one.

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 05:38 PM
"Hehe, a trainer with only a psychic type joining a bug catching contest. What could go wrong? What day is it held on?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-09, 05:48 PM
'If its types your worried about I could lend you Indigo for the contest. He's a poison type that knows a flying attack.' He would have offered Damian Queen to borrow, but considering how they met he figured Damian wouldn't be thrilled about taking the scyther that almost killed him.

'As for the days, I'm not sure. You could check your laptop and see. Or ask at the visitor center back at the train station.'

planswalker
2012-02-09, 07:45 PM
Laptop searches reveal that the day has shifted around from year to year. This year, they are on Wednesdays.

planswalker
2012-02-09, 08:22 PM
Laptop searches reveal that the day has shifted around from year to year. This year, they are on Wednesdays.

Esprit15
2012-02-09, 08:55 PM
"Wednesday? That works. Two days of training so Era doesn't die. We might not even need Indigo, but thank you for the offer. Who knows though. In the mean time, anyone want to go ghost hunting tonight?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-10, 08:10 AM
'I'd be up for it, long as we can come back here tommorow. How about you Hayai, you up for it?'

Moranica
2012-02-10, 08:16 AM
"Sounds good to me. We can always do with a bit of training. Rocky here is quite helpful when catching pokemon btw."

Esprit15
2012-02-10, 10:49 AM
"Alright. So to Ekruteak?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-10, 11:49 AM
'Yeah, lets get going! We wanna get there around about dusk if we can.'

Moranica
2012-02-10, 02:16 PM
Hayai recalls his pokemon.

"These guys aren't to fast. So they travel in their pokeballs. Let's go!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-10, 02:45 PM
'Well Queen is more than fast enough to keep up with us.'

As soon as they get to the city outskirts, Owen summons Queen out of her pokeball.

Esprit15
2012-02-10, 03:05 PM
Damian carries Era on his shoulder as he leaves the town with the others.

planswalker
2012-02-10, 09:14 PM
It will take y'all a full day's walk to get to Ekruteak City. Along the way, you have to pass through Ilex Forest.

About an hour into the forest, Owen walks into a spiderweb he had not seen and [roll0] angry green spider pokemon descend. They have distinctive black markings and yellow legs.

btw, I'll assume everyone who is conscious is scanning the pokemon they encounter unless every last turn is used for trainer actions and/or you are unconscious. One of the perks of having dexes.

Esprit15
2012-02-10, 09:55 PM
"Whoa! Look at those Spinarak! Era, be ready to defend yourself." He waits for them to act hostile, not wanting to annoy them further.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-10, 10:58 PM
'Queen, cut me down from here, fast!' Owen orders his pokemon. 'Well looks like we found what you were looking for.'

Esprit15
2012-02-10, 11:13 PM
"Indeed. If they get agrssive, try to save me one to catch."

planswalker
2012-02-11, 01:42 AM
They shoot webs at queen, dropping her speed 3 combat stages.

Esprit15
2012-02-11, 03:39 AM
"And agression shows itself. Era, Confusion on the nearest one!"
Era has 8 Speed.
Confusion
AC: [roll0] 2, confuses on 19-20
Crit Damage (Should it happen): [roll2], did I do that right, besides forgetting STAB?

EDIT: More like critical failure

Moranica
2012-02-11, 03:41 AM
The spiders catch Hayai completely of guard and they've launched a string of webs before he manages to respond. Quickly, he calls out Ramba, after which the murkrow shoots up in the air.

"Oh no they don't! Ramba, get them!! Use peck!"

The ramba shoots down again, aiming it's beak for one of the bugs.

[roll0] vs 2; [roll1]

Moranica
2012-02-11, 03:43 AM
The spiders catch Hayai completely of guard and they've launched a string of webs before he manages to respond. Quickly, he calls out Ramba, after which the murkrow shoots up in the air.

[roll0] vs 2; [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-11, 06:49 AM
'Okay, y'know what, forget me now. Fly up there and Quick Attack them.

[roll0] Ac:2
[roll1]

planswalker
2012-02-12, 02:50 AM
'Okay, y'know what, forget me now. Fly up there and Quick Attack them.

[roll0] Ac:2
[roll1]

Queen smashes a bug with great ferocity for 22 damage. It's now a squishy mess.

[roll0] vs 2; [roll1]

You manage to strike one for 14 damage, your peck piercing their hard carapaces. It looks wobbly and nearly faints.

"And agression shows itself. Era, Confusion on the nearest one!"
Era has 8 Speed.
Confusion
AC: [roll0] 2, confuses on 19-20
Crit Damage (Should it happen): [roll2], did I do that right, besides forgetting STAB?

EDIT: More like critical failure

Their bug-brains resist the psychic attack.

The pair of bugs your dexes identify as spinaraks shoot forth a pair of poison stings, one aiming at Queen, the other at Ramba.

Queen is hit for [roll0] damage and is poisoned.

Ramba takes [roll1] damage but manages to resist the poison.

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 03:30 AM
"One of you mind putting the weakened one to sleep so I can catch it? In the mean time, Era, Confusion on the unhit one."
Confusion
If applicable, Crit Damage: [roll2]

Moranica
2012-02-12, 08:01 AM
"Uhm, sure, I'll put it to sleep after I finish this one."

"Ramba! Peck once more to finish it!"

[roll0] vs 2 ; [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-12, 08:07 AM
'Queen, return.'

After what she did to the first spinarak, he decided it was best if she didn't fight them if they wanted to capture them.

Owen tries to pull away from the web and get away as much as possible.

planswalker
2012-02-12, 08:13 AM
'Queen, return.'

After what she did to the first spinarak, he decided it was best if she didn't fight them if they wanted to capture them.

Owen tries to pull away from the web and get away as much as possible.

Queen returns, satisfied with herself, although annoyed at being poisoned.

"Uhm, sure, I'll put it to sleep after I finish this one."

"Ramba! Peck once more to finish it!"

[roll0] vs 2 ; [roll1]

You finish off the second spinarak. There is only the single injured one left.

"One of you mind putting the weakened one to sleep so I can catch it? In the mean time, Era, Confusion on the unhit one."
Confusion
If applicable, Crit Damage: [roll2]

Ralts might want to refrain from confusing this spinarak if anyone wants to catch one.

If you decide to not go through with the confusion, it will try to poison sting Ramba. It hits for [roll0] damage but the poison is once more resisted.

Moranica
2012-02-12, 08:17 AM
Seeing Ramba taking hit after hit, Hayai recalls her.

"Alright, Ramba, come back!"

"Rocky, time for you to use that magic sleepy thing you do so well! Use yawn!"

He does.
Truant [roll0] 9-20 = good

planswalker
2012-02-12, 08:25 AM
Rocky is faster than the spinarak, so the yawn goes off.

The spider would be looking sleepy if spiders actually used facial expressions.

It poison stings once again, this time aiming for Era. it hits for [roll0] and Era is poisoned.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-12, 08:31 AM
Owen couldn't do much without killing the spinarak, so he just watched.

Not going to toxic it. If I do it might die before we catch it.

planswalker
2012-02-12, 08:36 AM
... or be poison type and unable to be poisoned...

Moranica
2012-02-12, 08:37 AM
"Good job Rocky, now get back here. No need to risk getting poisoned by this thing."

Rocky is withdrawn and Hayai looks expectantly at the spider pokemon.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-12, 08:48 AM
Completely forgot poison types couldn't be poisoned. For some reason I only remembered steel type. (Probably cause poison can damage poison but steel is immune)
Still nothing I can do though.

planswalker
2012-02-12, 08:59 AM
It takes one more turn, where it poison stings Era once more. It hits for another [roll0] and falls asleep.

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 11:27 AM
(Can I actually get a turn in to call Era back (or do anythig else for that matter)? She hasn't technically done anything. :smallconfused: Sorry for being asleep.)

Era looks at the Pokémon and senses its weakeness, telling Damian that a hit from her would kill it. Damian nods and calls her back.

After the Spinarak continues to attack, Damian watches Hayai fight it. "Not exactly what I meant but it could work."

Once Era gets hit and poisoned, he tells her to use Shadow Sneak once and then return afterwards.

"Era!" He recalls the Ralts. They'd have to get to a center quickly.

"Thanks Hayai." He tosses Pokéballs at the sleeping Spinarak until it is caught.
Era at -2 health, plus the damage from poison.

[roll0] Applied Pokéball modifier, apply appropriate health and status modifiers.
[roll1] Applied Pokéball modifier, apply appropriate health and status modifiers.
[roll2] Applied Pokéball modifier, apply appropriate health and status modifiers.
[roll3] Applied Pokéball modifier, apply appropriate health and status modifiers.
[roll4] Applied Pokéball modifier, apply appropriate health and status modifiers.
Stops after first success.

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 02:21 PM
Shadow Sneak I forgot to roll:
AC: [roll0] 2
Crit Damage: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-02-12, 02:38 PM
the shadow sneak fails to hit, but you stabilize it from the poison rather quickly.

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 02:45 PM
Damian looses it for a second and tries to kick the Spinarak at the nearest tree. (Watch as he ends up missing and falling on his back or something) "This'll teach ya to poison a non-aggressive Ralts!"
Improv attack
AC: [roll0] 5, right? Or was it 6?
Crit Damage: [roll2]

Rolling because I assumed you didn't do the catch rolls for a reason.

EDIT: Forgot the noun.

planswalker
2012-02-12, 03:32 PM
ac is 6.

You fail to hit the bug, which seems to be barely standing.

also, I am under the impression that the d% spam was for curing ralts of poison, seeing as you only have 5 pokeballs and each one needs to be rolled one at a time in turn.

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 03:41 PM
Oh, I was rolling for several turns' worth of Pokéball catches. I forgot that you could even roll for poison recovery. I'm going off of what you last posted, assuming an attempt for poison recovery.
Calming down after the humor of missing a sleeping Pokémon, Damian calmly throws a Pokéball at the Spinarak.
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-02-12, 03:44 PM
He catches the spinarak on his first try.

You are now the proud owner of a lvl 6 female spinarak.

planswalker
2012-02-12, 03:48 PM
filler bumP!

Moranica
2012-02-12, 03:49 PM
Hayai smiles at the teenager as he too, must realise that he just caught a pokemon.

"Congrats! Hope this guy is what you were looking for."

Esprit15
2012-02-12, 03:50 PM
"Now we just need to name you, ya little demon. Come on, let's keep going."

Moranica
2012-02-13, 02:37 PM
"Let's continue, we do want to catch that ghost right?"

planswalker
2012-02-13, 02:57 PM
btw, did I remember to give y'all 180 xp per trainer (divide evenly among your pokemon)?

Y'all continue traveling, and just near dusk with the edge of the forest in sight, a quartet of mankey begin to throw sticks at y'all from the treetops.

Moranica
2012-02-13, 03:32 PM
"Oh dear, these guys look aggresive. What do you guys want to do?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-13, 04:28 PM
'One would be useful for fighting Whitney but it's more important we get to Ecruteak City and find a ghost tonight. I say we make a run for it past them.'

'But if either of you want one I'll help.'

Esprit15
2012-02-13, 08:42 PM
"I hated fighting types. If Era was conscious I'd say fight them, but she isn't. Run for it!"

Moranica
2012-02-14, 07:14 AM
"Run run run!!"

Hayai proves how fast he can be.

planswalker
2012-02-14, 08:14 AM
dex checks versus a dc of 6. Two of y'all need to succeed for y'all to elude the mankeys.

Y'all begin to run, and the mankeys begin to chase.

Moranica
2012-02-14, 08:21 AM
Dex check. [roll0]

Esprit15
2012-02-14, 10:30 AM
[roll0] Damian starts running, covering his face as sticks pelt him.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-14, 12:30 PM
Owen takes off after them.

[roll0]

planswalker
2012-02-14, 08:23 PM
Y'all escape the mankeys and arrive in town just at dusk.

Esprit15
2012-02-14, 08:52 PM
"First order of business: center. Agreed?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-14, 09:15 PM
'Most definitely agreed!'

Moranica
2012-02-15, 08:46 AM
"Sounds good to me."

planswalker
2012-02-15, 09:26 AM
The three of you arrive at the local pokemon center, where a nurse Jana has just come on duty. Seeing the three of you enter with small bruises from the sticks and looking rather more bedraggled than less, she says, "Wandered around in Ilex forest?"

Moranica
2012-02-15, 10:11 AM
"Hello there, yes indeed. Not quite as safe as we were hoping for. You get many trainers coming in like this?"

"Also, while you're at it, could you heal my pokemon?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-15, 10:25 AM
Giving her Queens pokeball, Owen asked 'Is the Gym still open? We need to ask your Gym leader where to get ghost pokemon and we were planning on trying tonight.'

planswalker
2012-02-15, 10:32 AM
"Of course. I'll get the equipment fired up. If you all would give me your pokeballs, I will get to it at once."

Once y'all do, she heads back with them, and says over her shoulder as she leaves, "Oh, and about the gym, you're in luck. The Ecruteak City gym leader keeps late hours. His gym is open until midnight."

Moranica
2012-02-15, 10:55 AM
"Ooh, lucky indeed. Let's grab a quick bite while our pokemon heal and then head over to the gym."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-15, 11:15 AM
'Good idea. I haven't had anything to eat since Queen tried to feed me a squirrel earlier. Long story, don't ask.'

planswalker
2012-02-15, 11:17 AM
The three of you head out to find someplace to eat . The first thing y'all find is a hamburger joint open 24 hours named [censored by SOPA]. The iconic pair of golden arches stand inviting, begging y'all to buy [censored by SOPA]s.

Moranica
2012-02-15, 04:49 PM
"Ooohh, the pictures look so good!! I must have some of this!!"

Without even looking back, Hayai runs into the [SOPA].

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-15, 05:12 PM
'Hayai, aren't you still skint? You need me to lend you some money?'

Owen looks up at the menu.

'Ah well! I could go a [censored by SOPA], and maybe a diet [censored by PIPA] to drink.

planswalker
2012-02-15, 07:14 PM
y'all just made me lol for real. Oh, product placement and bad legislature. Will this ever get old?

All told, the order comes up to $4. The man behind the register asks, "Would you like to [censored by SOPA]-size that with fries for only $1"

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 07:59 PM
After some thought, Damian decides. "A large [censored by SOPA] with no dressing and a large cup of [censored by SOPA] milk, or [censored by SOPA] milk will do if you don't have [censored by SOPA]. Oh, and two plastic [censored by SOPA] for the [censored by SOPA]."

planswalker
2012-02-15, 08:14 PM
Your order comes out to $9. Apparently, [censored by SOPA], their healthier option, is twice the price of [censored by SOPA]. I guess it's true that [censored by SOPA] really does want to kill people.

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 08:23 PM
Double post. Just sayin'.
"[censored for forum]! No wonder most people just order [censored by SOPA]! Okay. Well at least I can share with Era." He hands the cashier $9 and waits for his order to be brought up.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-15, 08:33 PM
Owen pays for two [SOPA]-sized meals. Being away from his mum and aunt meant he could eat all the junk food he wanted.

'So the plan still eat up, talk to the Gym leader then head out ghost hunting?'

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 08:54 PM
"Yep, that's the plan. Cool, I'll get some practice with...hm, I haven't named that Spinarak I caught yet."

planswalker
2012-02-15, 09:08 PM
Y'all's orders arrive and the actually tasting smelling food is hot and ready. Except the [censored by SOPA] of course. That one, being the healthy option, has little smell and looks decently fresh. THey continue to make compelling cases about wanting to kill people with junk food.

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 11:09 PM
Damian tries to take a bite, but the [censored by SOPA] just doesn't appeal right now. He finishes the cup of [censored by SOPA] and gets the [censored by SOPA] to-go, then waits for the others. Suddenly he gets the idea to let the Spinarak out outside of [censored by SOPA] and getting to know it.

planswalker
2012-02-15, 11:17 PM
The spinarak looks at you, curious to see what your first act towards it will be.

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 11:22 PM
Damian tries to look as friendly as possible. "Um...hi? Dang, I don't know how to talk to a bug-type. I guess I should say welcome to the team, but right now Era is back at the center getting well from getting knocked out by...okay, maybe I shouldn't mention them actually." Eventually he just decides to stick out his hand slowly as though trying to shake hands despite the fact that spiders lack the limbs to shake with. "Hi, I'm Damian."

planswalker
2012-02-15, 11:26 PM
It climbs up your hand and rests itself on your shoulder.

Esprit15
2012-02-15, 11:36 PM
Damian twitches for a second at the odd feeling of the added weight. "You seem fairly friendly. Why'd you fight us earlier?"

planswalker
2012-02-15, 11:59 PM
It looks at you as if to tell you that before, you were an intruder. Now, you are protector.

Esprit15
2012-02-16, 12:04 AM
"Hm. Well then I look forward to traveling with you then. So there are no hard feelings about...well, you know." He makes a exploding motion with his hands and a splat sound, afterwards realizing that that may not have been the best way of saying "splattering your friends across the forest floor."

planswalker
2012-02-16, 12:10 AM
You sense no hostility from its bug eyes.

Esprit15
2012-02-16, 12:13 AM
"...okay. Well how about we keep you out of the ball for a while. You'll get to know the others."

planswalker
2012-02-16, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry it's not more helpful, but how do you rp a spider?

It seems content with this and stays on your shoulder for now.

Moranica
2012-02-16, 09:45 AM
"No need to borrow money. This is a life or death situation, so I figure I can take from the FFF for this."

After the eating frenzy party, Hayai leaves the [sopa] dissappointed. It wasn't as good as the pictures, that's for sure.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-16, 01:22 PM
Owen follows Hayai out, feeding his [SOPA]-size fries to Indigo. He didn't think Queen would need feeding. She already had a squirell and a half as well as his and Damians lunch.

'Gym time! He might even know where I can find a Misdreavus.' He didn't need a Ghastly right now, he already had a poison type.

planswalker
2012-02-16, 01:40 PM
The three of you arrive at the outside of the gym. A local streetlight throws y'all's shadows across the face of the gym, which is dark.

Moranica
2012-02-16, 01:57 PM
"Alright, let's head inside. It's spooky enough here as it is."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-16, 02:05 PM
'Okay.' Owen gulps hard and tries the door. 'Hello, is the Gym leader home.'

Owen probably sounded as frightened as he felt.

planswalker
2012-02-16, 02:25 PM
"Come on in, if you dare!"

The voice is coming from inside, although the speaker is not evident.

Esprit15
2012-02-16, 02:33 PM
"They stick with the scary theme quite well here." Damian laughs as he walks in.

Moranica
2012-02-16, 02:33 PM
"Alright, let's enter. I could do with some battling also."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-16, 02:35 PM
Owen nearly jumped out his skin. His rational mind told him he should be safe in a Gym, but he hugged Indigo close to him regardless.

'Look, we just wanted some advice for hunting some Ghost pokemon, we mean you no harm.'

Of the three of them, he could tell he was easliy the most creeped out.

planswalker
2012-02-16, 06:02 PM
The three of you step inside, and about a dozen steps into the dimly lit expanse, a spotlight shines out of seemingly nowhere and the three of you are momentarily blinded.

"Behold! You trespass into a world not your own! Who dares come to the home of the spirits unannounced?"

The same voice from the entrance speaks once more. This time, you can clearly tell that it is coming from in front of y'all. However, none of you can make out anything beyond the spotlight.

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-16, 06:22 PM
'Hey, no fair! We totally announced, we did! Didn't we guys?'

Owen was slowly starting to freak out.

'I have a Nidoran and I'm not afraid to use it.'

planswalker
2012-02-16, 06:41 PM
The spotlight shuts off as suddenly as it had been lighted. A more reasonable lighting scheme turns itself on and the three of you see a man in his late twenties standing opposite y'all in this rather large gym arena. He is laughing, but manages to compose himself and says, "I must apologize. I was expecting someone else, and thought to scare him off. Y'all walked in when I had my pants down, and the 'trap' went off by itself. I am Jenko, recently come to inherit this gym from my aunt and uncle. How can I help you?"

Esprit15
2012-02-16, 08:47 PM
"See? It's just a gym for one of the less corporeal types. Sabrina would pull the same trick but with telepathy." Damian turns to the young man. "We came to ask for help on finding gho- wait, what happened to Morty? I thought he ran the Ekruteak gym."

IrnBruAddict
2012-02-16, 10:20 PM
Owen was nearly hyperventilating.

'DON'T DO THAT!' he snapped at the gym leader.

'Sorry, I can handle ghost pokemon but not human ghosts.'

He decided to avoid this Gym and Sabrina's Gym as much as possible.

Moranica
2012-02-17, 03:57 AM
Hayai rolls up into a ball, protecting his vitals as the voice speaks.

"...is...is it gone?"

planswalker
2012-02-17, 07:07 AM
"Uncle Morty retired three years ago. Guess you're not from around here." He chuckles at Hiyai. "Yes, it's gone."