PDA

View Full Version : Help me get Telekinesis, at all levels, 1-20!

Rossebay
2012-01-25, 08:38 PM
Any suggestions on how I'd go about doing this?

I don't want to be a ghost. Preferably, a human. I just want to be able to fight with a sword at range, throw things, etc. Concentrate on it all the time.

I JUST WANT TO BE TELEKINETIC. :[

I am okay with well-done homebrew as well.

DoctorGlock
2012-01-25, 08:52 PM
Ardent, use substitute power ACF on the force mantle to pull add all the telekinesis themed powers. After 10th grab dominant ideal and go slayer.

Rubik
2012-01-25, 09:45 PM
Ardent, use substitute power ACF on the force mantle to pull add all the telekinesis themed powers. After 10th grab dominant ideal and go slayer.That or kineticist (or StP erudite).

Rubik
2012-01-25, 09:47 PM
Ardent, use substitute power ACF on the force mantle to pull add all the telekinesis themed powers. After 10th grab dominant ideal and go slayer.That or kineticist (or StP erudite).

Rossebay
2012-01-25, 09:50 PM
I guess that could work.

Really, I'm looking for something highly focused on Telekinesis. I'm almost tempted to just ask to play a commoner with Telekinesis on at all times at character level. Haha.

DoctorGlock
2012-01-25, 10:05 PM
Kineticist is probably better since it involves less source dipping and many GMs dislike web articles. STP is generally banned in my experience sadly. The issue s that you need BAB to huck swords at people so you are going to need something of a gish build.

Kineticist 4/Ranger 2/Slayer 10/X 4 (I am blanking on the other psi gish) would get the higher level telekinesis stuff

Psiwar 10/Slayer 10 will get the bread and butter stuff from the beginning and playable in one easy to use psionic package

Master of the unseen hand, usually bad, might help you since all you care about is TK

Gavinfoxx
2012-01-25, 10:06 PM
Die and become a Ghost.

There's a handbook on Ghosts, read it:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10975.0

Also, someone did lots and lots of math on violent thrust, and the best weapons to use for violent thrust, which can get you, like, 18d6 and more at caster level 8 or something.

Psyren
2012-01-26, 12:33 AM
If possible, use the Pathfinder Kineticist (PF brings the TK powers down from three to two.) And if you can get your hands on Psionics Expanded, grab the Unseen Hand archetype for him.

Rubik
2012-01-26, 07:39 PM
Kineticist 4/Ranger 2/Slayer 10/X 4 (I am blanking on the other psi gish) would get the higher level telekinesis stuff
Why does everyone always suggest losing lots of manifester levels through ranger levels (in addition to the one you lose going into slayer)? I can't see the benefit when you could spend some gp to get Track (Otyugh Hole + a couple grand on DCFS).

If you need the BAB, just take a couple of levels in ghostbreaker, since it's full ML and full BAB.

DoctorGlock
2012-01-26, 07:48 PM
Why does everyone always suggest losing lots of manifester levels through ranger levels (in addition to the one you lose going into slayer)? I can't see the benefit when you could spend some gp to get Track (Otyugh Hole + a couple grand on DCFS).

If you need the BAB, just take a couple of levels in ghostbreaker, since it's full ML and full BAB.

Probably because many DMs dislike DCFS and the OP couldn't care less about ML so long as he gets TK

Rubik
2012-01-26, 07:53 PM
Probably because many DMs dislike DCFS and the OP couldn't care less about ML so long as he gets TKThen just take Track as a feat, or grab a race that gets it.

Also, everyone should care about MLs if they want to get specific powers at higher levels. After all, the higher level powers you have access to the faster you'll get your Telekinesis (in this example).

DoctorGlock
2012-01-26, 07:56 PM
meh, it works as well

What's the source on ghostbreaker, i am always looking out for psi gishes

Rubik
2012-01-26, 07:57 PM
meh, it works as well

What's the source on ghostbreaker, i am always looking out for psi gishesHyperconscious. It gets some decent abilities, full BAB, full MLs, and is a good (but not game-breaking) 5-level PrC that's easy to enter and fun to play.

DoctorGlock
2012-01-26, 08:02 PM
Hyperconscious. It gets some decent abilities, full BAB, full MLs, and is a good (but not game-breaking) 5-level PrC that's easy to enter and fun to play.

I keep hearing that book come up. How official is it? Like Dragonlance 3rd party or like Sword and Sorcery 3rd party, because one of my players has been badgering me to add it to my source list.

Rossebay
2012-01-26, 08:23 PM
I keep hearing that book come up. How official is it? Like Dragonlance 3rd party or like Sword and Sorcery 3rd party, because one of my players has been badgering me to add it to my source list.

Monte Cook 3rd party.

Good book, anyway.

Rubik
2012-01-26, 08:30 PM
Monte Cook 3rd party.

Good book, anyway.Written by Bruce Cordell.

Guess what book he wrote?

(Hint: his name is on your copy of the XPH.)

Psyren
2012-01-26, 08:30 PM
Monte Cook 3rd party.

Good book, anyway.

Bruce Cordell, actually (the guy who wrote the XPH).

Rossebay
2012-01-26, 11:23 PM
Bruce Cordell, actually (the guy who wrote the XPH).

I meant Monte Cook-level of trustworthiness.

And yes, thank you, Rubik.