PDA

View Full Version : How exactly do you get Vecna-blodded?

Chess435
2012-01-26, 12:40 PM
I was reading though the god-blooded templates, (in MM5 i think) and came across the Vecna-blooded template. I re-read the fluff, see that getting the template involves the use of some of the god's shed blood. However, Vecna is a thousands-of-years-old lich, who by definition has no blood! :smallconfused: How exactly does this work out?

gkathellar
2012-01-26, 12:49 PM
A god-lich-wizard did it.

Seriously. Don't think for a second that "I don't have any blood" is going to stop Vecna if he wants to bleed all over you.

123456789blaaa
2012-01-26, 12:52 PM
He polymorphs, then bleeds all over you.

motoko's ghost
2012-01-26, 12:55 PM
An epic-level lemon juicer.:smalltongue:

Psyren
2012-01-26, 12:59 PM
It amounts to this - if he wants you to get the template, you'll get it, but if he doesn't or you ambush his aspect, you're screwed. (You'd be screwed anyway for going up against Vecna, but hey.)

Czin
2012-01-26, 01:05 PM
Vecna is by canon; holds the record of being the most powerful non-divine spellcaster to have ever lived in the greyhawk setting (he made iggwilv, a level twenty five wizard/level five archmage; look like a child in terms of power) and godhood only brought him to even more obscene levels of magical power. With such reality breaking magical prowess (it's widely accepted that deities and demigods really doesn't do the gods justice) I don't think something as trivial as being a skeleton is going to stop Vecna from turning his favored minions into what is more or less the silence from doctor who without the lightning shooting capacity. And yes I know Vecna Blooded came first but the Silence comes eerily close to the description of Vecna blooded beings.