PDA

View Full Version : Now that Tsukiko is gone...

SpaceBadger
2012-01-26, 04:06 PM
... it appears that Haley will need to choose some other recurring villain for her make-out payback. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0794.html)

Spacewolf
2012-01-26, 04:14 PM
she is a demon/devil so they might meet up where ever Tsukiko ends up

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-26, 04:17 PM
Eh, who cares? This pairing (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0419.html) was much better. :smallamused:

SpaceBadger
2012-01-26, 04:18 PM
??? Elan's comment was to Tiny Stone Haley, not to Sabine. I don't think Elan cares much who Sabine makes out with.

Spacewolf
2012-01-26, 04:26 PM
yea not sure how i missed that :smallconfused:

Steward
2012-01-26, 04:43 PM
Xykon will probably recruit someone else. While it is unfortunate that Tsukiko was laid off, the work of translating the ritual has to go on.

Goosefarble
2012-01-26, 06:13 PM
I vote Samantha.

What? Oh, I meant, uh, before she died. Of course. Ha ha.

>_>

<_<

Chronos
2012-01-26, 06:43 PM
Y'know, the one thing we know about Haley's sexuality is that she's not an exclusive lesbian. There's nothing that says she can't make out with a male character, instead. Like, say, Nale, or Tarquin, either one of which we can reasonably assume she'd find physically attractive.

Kish
2012-01-26, 07:08 PM
she is a demon/devil so they might meet up where ever Tsukiko ends up
Huh?

Neither of the characters mentioned in the OP is a demon or a devil.

ORione
2012-01-26, 08:08 PM
Y'know, the one thing we know about Haley's sexuality is that she's not an exclusive lesbian. There's nothing that says she can't make out with a male character, instead. Like, say, Nale, or Tarquin, either one of which we can reasonably assume she'd find physically attractive.

She's already kissed Nale. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0386.html)

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-26, 08:19 PM
I recommend MitD! :smallbiggrin:

IrnBruAddict
2012-01-26, 08:26 PM
I recommend MitD! :smallbiggrin:

But how would she find his face?

I vote Malack!

Cranica
2012-01-26, 08:30 PM

And evidently finds Tarquin quite appealing physically too, given how hard she jumped Elan with how hot he'd be "when he went gray".

dps
2012-01-27, 02:25 PM

It's not about what she'd enjoy doing, it's about the fanservice it would involve. Since it's likely that most readers of OotS are straight males, fanservice would be maximized by Haley making out with another female.

ref
2012-01-27, 08:06 PM
I suggest bringing the Airborne Tramps, including Celia. Someone go cast Flight on Miko, Crystal, and Therkla.

Xapi
2012-01-27, 09:56 PM
I suggest bringing the Airborne Tramps, including Celia. Someone go cast Flight on Miko, Crystal, and Therkla.

I think the joke the OP ment was regarding the title for that strip, wich was "We recommend Tsukiko", meaning, we recommend that Haley makes out with Tsukiko.

That idea would take some levels of creepyness now...

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-27, 10:02 PM
I think the joke the OP ment was regarding the title for that strip, wich was "We recommend Tsukiko", meaning, we recommend that Haley makes out with Tsukiko.

Tsukiko would have wanted it this way.... :smallwink:

dps
2012-01-27, 10:16 PM

Not sure that any of those really qualify as any of "our recurring villians".

Psyren
2012-01-27, 11:23 PM

This. They're even.

Taelas
2012-01-28, 08:50 AM
Not really, since Elan knew that perfectly well when he made the offer to Haley. (Of course, she wasn't exactly in a position to know about either the offer or the reason for it.)

Psyren
2012-01-28, 12:22 PM
Not really, since Elan knew that perfectly well when he made the offer to Haley. (Of course, she wasn't exactly in a position to know about either the offer or the reason for it.)

Elan's logic isn't exactly reliable.

zimmerwald1915
2012-01-28, 12:26 PM
Elan's logic isn't exactly reliable.
More reliable than Haley's has been this arc. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0747.html)

ORione
2012-01-28, 12:27 PM
Well, there are two important differences between Haley kissing Nale and Elan kissing Sabine.

1. Haley thought Nale was Elan. Elan knew Sabine was Sabine.
2. Haley kissed Nale before she and Elan started dating.

Psyren
2012-01-29, 02:33 AM
More reliable than Haley's has been this arc. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0747.html)

Oh really? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0759.html)

Taelas
2012-01-29, 06:33 AM
Haley's logic in that comic is appalling, which is why even Elan can point out the flaws. The fact that she is ultimately correct about her conclusion is irrelevant.

SpaceBadger
2012-01-29, 11:05 AM

Ding Ding Ding!

Psyren
2012-01-29, 06:01 PM
Haley's logic in that comic is appalling, which is why even Elan can point out the flaws. The fact that she is ultimately correct about her conclusion is irrelevant.

The one flaw in her logic was that Tarquin didn't know the full stakes of their mission. Are you honestly saying she was wrong not to trust him? He knocked her out of a window, you know.

Emanick
2012-01-30, 01:51 AM
The one flaw in her logic was that Tarquin didn't know the full stakes of their mission. Are you honestly saying she was wrong not to trust him? He knocked her out of a window, you know.

She was certainly right not to trust him. However, the logic she provided for not trusting him in the aforementioned comic was circular reasoning. Ergo, it was automatically terrible.

Taelas
2012-01-30, 06:02 AM

No, I'm saying that the fact she was right not to trust him is irrelevant in this context. Her conclusion was correct, but the reason she gives for arriving at that conclusion was flawed. In other words, her "logic" made no sense.

ORione
2012-01-30, 09:24 AM
No, I'm saying that the fact she was right not to trust him is irrelevant in this context. Her conclusion was correct, but the reason she gives for arriving at that conclusion was flawed. In other words, her "logic" made no sense.

She probably had mostly a gut feeling, and that would be hard to explain. Especially while she was drunk.

Kish
2012-01-30, 06:28 PM
Multiple other people have observed that Haley's mistrust borders on insanity. She assumes tips are a scam. She doesn't trust marsupials.

I see no reason to read more into her distrust of Tarquin than "a stopped clock is right twice a day, if it's a sufficiently old clock."

Psyren
2012-01-30, 06:46 PM
I see it more as "just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me." As she is the only one in the party with decent ranks in Sense Motive, it's kind of a wash.

Not to mention, she worked through the pathological aspect of her personality, as evidenced by her confrontation with dear old dad.

Math_Mage
2012-01-30, 07:02 PM

Elan maneuvered her into that circular logic by steering the debate so that it became about Tarquin helping them or not helping them. This conveniently ignores all of the OTHER indicators that Tarquin is Evil...which is par for the course where Elan is concerned. All the debate pursuant to Elan's red herring is therefore technically moot. She didn't actually get out-logicked, she got out-rhetoricked.

Multiple other people have observed that Haley's mistrust borders on insanity. She assumes tips are a scam. She doesn't trust marsupials.

I see no reason to read more into her distrust of Tarquin than "a stopped clock is right twice a day, if it's a sufficiently old clock."

Haley's mistrust hasn't bordered on insanity since the second Linear Guild arc. It certainly didn't take paranoia to conclude that Tarquin is evil, considering every single other aspect of the EoB they'd encountered to that point. They had just gotten out of the "Every single dish is gratuitously Evil" dinner, for Pete's sake.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 08:00 PM
I thought up a joke about this:

"Mr. Red Cloak, how many wrights does it take to get to the center of a Tsukiko?"
:redcloak:"Let's find out."

:smallwink:

EpilepticWombat
2012-01-30, 08:14 PM
I thought up a joke about this:

"Mr. Red Cloak, how many wrights does it take to get to the center of a Tsukiko?"
:redcloak:"Let's find out."

:smallwink:

Great, now I'm a terrible person for laughing at this.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-30, 09:13 PM
Great, now I'm a terrible person for laughing at this.

Too soon?:smallconfused: