PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Ninja am I missing something?

NinjaStylerobot
2012-01-26, 04:50 PM
Because teh ninja seems just a teeny but more powerful then the rouge. They have ki. How is the Rouge balanced against the ninja with that?

PS: I love Rouges anyway.

gkathellar
2012-01-26, 05:02 PM
Well, rouge is a light shade of red typically applied to the cheeks, while ninjas result in a much more potent shade of scarlet as a result of massive external bleeding.

jmelesky
2012-01-26, 05:30 PM
Rogues have the trap stuff: Trapfinding and Trap Sense. They also have Evasion.

Bhaakon
2012-01-26, 05:38 PM
Rogues also get a bunch of archetypes, some of which are pretty spiffy (scout and bandit in general; rake, thug, and knife master build-dependantly) . And rogues can also get Ki, it just costs them one of their rogue tricks.

DonDuckie
2012-01-26, 06:23 PM
I did the comparison at one point, It pretty much came down to whether I wanted poison use or trapfinding, I prefer poison use. I also like the ninja trick over rogue talent.

So I say ninja is slightly better.

Also: better capstone, but our games never get there.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-01-26, 06:26 PM
Be glad it's only slightly.

grarrrg
2012-01-26, 07:14 PM
I did the comparison at one point, It pretty much came down to whether I wanted poison use or trapfinding, I prefer poison use. I also like the ninja trick over rogue talent.

Ninja's have Rogue Talent as a Ninja Trick (can be taken multiple times).
Rogue's have Ninja Trick as a Rogue Talent (can be taken multiple times).

So it really DOES come down to Poison or Trapfinding. (there are a couple minor bits like "no trace" or "trap sense" but, well, they're MINOR bits...)