PDA

View Full Version : Hermit shell bomber

SoliaTera
2012-01-26, 04:52 PM
Hello! i have a question which i need answering recently ive been attempting to make a character who uses explosives to deal massive amounts of damage the basic plan is doing so is

a) Use eternal wands to cast explosive runes 6 times a day then after which i place all the runes in a tiny bag ready for use

b) when command happens my character runs or watever method of movement gets him in range of 5 ft in which i read one of he explosive runes in the bag(causing of them to explode)

c) heres where my question comes in is this part in the allowed? As a free action i drop the bag and use another free action to take a 5 ft step back allowing me a reflex save(according to explosive runes) in which is dc15 and me having evasion and abase reflex save of 15 is no problem.

hydraa
2012-01-26, 04:54 PM
One minor issue, a save will fail 5% of the time (natural 1)

SoliaTera
2012-01-26, 05:37 PM
Yea i know im trying to find a way to get around that

hydraa
2012-01-26, 06:11 PM
Also does the explosion of one rune cause the detanation of the other runes, or would only a area dispel do it (also I think erase might work on a fail if all the runes can be on the same page. Perhaps you could read all 6 at the same time but I have the feeling the force of the blast would reach and force at least a concentration to be able to read more runes while they are blowing up.

(you are missing a word in your point b {one or all})

SoliaTera
2012-01-26, 06:23 PM
exploding all haha sry about that

SoliaTera
2012-01-26, 11:12 PM
bump bump bump

Talionis
2012-01-27, 04:44 PM
Isn't there a stance in Devoted Spirit (Tome of Battle -- Book of the Nine Swords) that lets you take 11 on all rolls? If I remember it is a level 5 or 6 maneuver so if you take it late you could get to that level without any or many levels of initiator.

Edit: Aura of Perfect Aura (ToB 57) requires you be lawful, two other Devoted Spirit Maneuvers or Stances (three including this one), and its a level 6 maneuver.

Talionis
2012-01-28, 03:24 PM
I can't say that I never wanted to recreate: Kami no Shisha no Jutsu http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Paper_Person_of_God_Technique.

Explosions that go off for 10 minutes in a large area.