PDA

View Full Version : At least it was physiologically accurate...

1chapelcredit
2012-01-26, 06:25 PM
Today I had to give a brief presentation to the department of internal medicine at one of the best academic hospitals in the country. Instead of putting the presentation on a jump drive and risk having the formatting screwed up in the transfer, I decided to run it from my *new* ultra-portable laptop. I started the presentation and hooked my laptop up to the projector; but instead of displaying the presentation, it displayed my desktop background image. It stayed up there for a full 10-15 seconds while I figured out the right function key to change the projector/display settings.

{Scrubbed}

Bastian Weaver
2012-01-26, 06:39 PM
I think it was cool.

NerfTW
2012-01-26, 06:40 PM
Well, I LOLed IRL.

:smallbiggrin:

ORione
2012-01-26, 08:10 PM
Well, I LOLed IRL.

:smallbiggrin:

Me too.

How did your audience respond?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-01-26, 09:16 PM
I read this thread and its responses before the pictured loaded. I was thoroughly confused on why it was in thie forum or why you were even bothering to post it in the first place.

Then the picture loaded.

Needless to say, I lol'd, lmao'd, etc, etc, etc.

ti'esar
2012-01-26, 09:38 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand the reference to "physiological accuracy".

1chapelcredit
2012-01-27, 12:16 AM
Me too.

How did your audience respond?

More than a few very confused chuckles, a couple of people reading it aloud in that "what in the world?" tone; one lady just said "What?!". Pretty tame overall, but it definitely set the tone for the presentation. No one seemed to want to question my conclusions...

I'm not quite sure I understand the reference to "physiological accuracy".

Well... because I am a sexy, shoeless god of war.

dtilque
2012-01-27, 05:19 AM
Sounds like no one in the audience got the reference, so none are readers of OotS. Unless NerfTW's comment (post #3) means s/he was there. So you have lots of potential converts...

Subzero008
2012-01-27, 05:31 AM
Well, I found the idea hilarious.

Kish
2012-01-27, 06:21 AM
Well... because I am a sexy, shoeless god of war.

They let you give a presentation to the department of internal medicine at one of the best academic hospitals in the country without wearing shoes?

MesiDoomstalker
2012-01-27, 11:20 AM
They let you give a presentation to the department of internal medicine at one of the best academic hospitals in the country without wearing shoes?

Thats what I was thinking!

Flame of Anor
2012-01-27, 11:56 AM
This is hilarious. Just saying. :smallbiggrin:

razark
2012-01-27, 12:41 PM
Well, I LOLed IRL.

Me too.

How do you LOL not IRL?

Flame of Anor
2012-01-27, 02:00 PM
How do you LOL not IRL?

You type "LOL" on your keyboard.

Whiffet
2012-01-27, 03:50 PM
How do you LOL not IRL?

Most of the time "LOL" means "I found that mildly amusing," at least judging by the way people use it.

Manga Shoggoth
2012-01-27, 04:46 PM

Apparantly, bare arms are considered more hygenic these days. Perhaps this is more of the same.

...Although I hope they don't go further down that route...

Flame of Anor
2012-01-27, 04:59 PM
Apparantly, bare arms are considered more hygenic these days. Perhaps this is more of the same.

>attack dragon
if you don't get it (http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/features/451/)

hihidude
2012-01-27, 08:03 PM
That is the my single favorite panel in any OotS strip EVER. So I commend you on your knack for taste. :smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2012-01-27, 08:23 PM
More than a few very confused chuckles, a couple of people reading it aloud in that "what in the world?" tone; one lady just said "What?!". Pretty tame overall, but it definitely set the tone for the presentation. No one seemed to want to question my conclusions...

Aww, was hoping there was at least another OotSer in your audience.

I read this thread and its responses before the pictured loaded. I was thoroughly confused on why it was in thie forum or why you were even bothering to post it in the first place.

Then the picture loaded.

Needless to say, I lol'd, lmao'd, etc, etc, etc.

So, how's that dial-up treating you :smalltongue:

MesiDoomstalker
2012-01-28, 01:25 AM
So, how's that dial-up treating you :smalltongue:

It's not dial-up, its Charter High speed. /sarcasm

Ya, broke college student=cruddy interenet connection.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-28, 02:18 AM
Ya, broke college student=cruddy interenet connection.

Well, maybe at your college. :smallcool:

Manga Shoggoth
2012-01-28, 05:52 AM
>attack dragon
if you don't get it (http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/site/features/451/)

Thank you for that memory of my student days. Ah, those happy days on the PDP11...

MesiDoomstalker
2012-01-28, 01:09 PM
Well, maybe at your college. :smallcool:

No you misunderstand. I pay for my own internet because I don't live on campus. The internet on campus is fairly nice.

Flame of Anor
2012-01-28, 01:32 PM
No you misunderstand. I pay for my own internet because I don't live on campus. The internet on campus is fairly nice.

Oh...I pity you. :smallfrown: