PDA

View Full Version : Need anniversary ideas!

pendell
2012-01-27, 05:39 AM
Okay guys, 18th anniversary is next week (1 FEB). We've all done the dinner and a movie thing and my wife is almost as big a geek as I am. Any cool, original ideas for an anniversary?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Castaras
2012-01-27, 06:12 AM
Take her out - make her think that it's a movie or a dinner or something. Then take her down to a Laser Tag place or Paintballing thing, or something equally silly and fun that you both would enjoy.

Orzel
2012-01-27, 06:25 AM
Say you're going out to something boring like a movie...

...then the guys you paid to dress up like monsters or ninjas show up and you and your wife fight them off back to back

..then you go out to something boring like a movie

Karoht
2012-01-27, 04:58 PM
Fruit Tray (assembled by yourself) and a good movie. Include some mint leaves. Possibly consider a yogurt + vanilla dip, also made by yourself.

Consider a board game after the film? Or skip the film and go straight to board game. Just not monopoly or risk. Try a new board game you haven't played before, possibly look up a cooperative game VS a competative game.

Alternate possibility, go sit in a decente Cafe/Coffee place and bring a board game or three with you, make a day of it.

thubby
2012-01-27, 11:07 PM
go skydiving.

is there a nerdy convention in your area? get tickets. do something nice on the day like dinner and a movie, then reveal the tickets.

shadow_archmagi
2012-01-31, 05:11 PM
Say you're going out to something boring like a movie...

...then the guys you paid to dress up like monsters or ninjas show up and you and your wife fight them off back to back

..then you go out to something boring like a movie

No, no, they kill you, and your child becomes Batman! It's the ultimate expression of love!

Kneenibble
2012-01-31, 05:19 PM
Pick up a really nice catered meal and a bottle or two of exquisite Argentinian wine. February in Washington DC can't be too bad for weather. Drive to a trail and hike for a few hours, then picnic and make love under the sky.

Fruit Tray (assembled by yourself) and a good movie. Include some mint leaves. Possibly consider a yogurt + vanilla dip, also made by yourself.

Consider a board game after the film? Or skip the film and go straight to board game. Just not monopoly or risk. Try a new board game you haven't played before, possibly look up a cooperative game VS a competative game.

Alternate possibility, go sit in a decente Cafe/Coffee place and bring a board game or three with you, make a day of it.

Dude. 18th anniversary, not 48th. :smallwink:

pendell
2012-02-01, 08:06 AM
Hmm... well, today's The Day. We'll see!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

KenderWizard
2012-02-03, 04:05 PM
So, how'd it go? :smallsmile:

pendell
2012-02-03, 04:18 PM
Did the boring thing. Took off work, had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. Surprised her with a nice gift a little later. She made a comment about how she liked a particular game, so I got it for her.

All in all, successful. Classic formula isn't terribly exciting, but it's classic for a reason. Maybe next time I'll go for the ninja attack :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Orzel
2012-02-03, 05:32 PM
Did the boring thing. Took off work, had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. Surprised her with a nice gift a little later. She made a comment about how she liked a particular game, so I got it for her.

All in all, successful. Classic formula isn't terribly exciting, but it's classic for a reason. Maybe next time I'll go for the ninja attack :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

That gives you a whole year to plan! Hire the actors, buy the costumes, learn a martial art...

KenderWizard
2012-02-03, 06:06 PM
Aww, well, that's sweet! And you can always have ninjas as a backup!

Karoht
2012-02-06, 12:20 PM
I'm a volunteer ninja. I'm for hire as well, but when money is involved I lose all my ninja powers. Ask the Lantern from Calgary Comic Entertainment Expo. He knows this to be true.