PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Adamantine Armor....Worth it?

Xander96
2012-01-27, 09:33 AM
The Adamantine material for armor. Is it worth its weight in gold...literally? Or should I allocate the monies elsewhere?

This is for a fighter pc.

Cieyrin
2012-01-27, 11:04 AM
The Adamantine material for armor. Is it worth its weight in gold...literally? Or should I allocate the monies elsewhere?

This is for a fighter pc.

Straight fighter or with an Archetype or class? Adamantine armor stacks with Armor Master DR, as well as Stalwart Defender DR. Otherwise, not very useful for the expense, not in comparison to Mithral, anyways.

Xander96
2012-01-27, 04:03 PM
straight fighter

Doorhandle
2012-01-28, 03:40 AM
Yeah, not really worthwhile for you.

Adamandite weapons might be of interest if you are a Sunder-bug but if not then the'res not much there for you.

Dalek-K
2012-01-28, 10:33 AM
Be a Warforge and take the feat Adamantine Armor feat... :p

That is if your dm allows 3.5 material

Otherwise...No not really.

Ravens_cry
2012-01-28, 11:28 AM
Yeah, not really worthwhile for you.

Adamantine weapons might be of interest if you are a Sunder-bug but if not then the'res not much there for you.
They are also fun for a Barbarian Lock Pick.

Dalek-K
2012-01-28, 11:36 AM
They are also fun for a Barbarian Lock Pick.

See that's why I love Mountain Hammer Strike from the stone dragon school... why pick the lock or go through the door when u can make a great entrance going through the wall ;)

Ravens_cry
2012-01-28, 12:12 PM
See that's why I love Mountain Hammer Strike from the stone dragon school... why pick the lock or go through the door when u can make a great entrance going through the wall ;)
"Oh Yeah!"

Cieyrin
2012-01-28, 12:32 PM
"Oh Yeah!"

So we're saying Adamantine armor spikes so you ignore hardness as you burst through the wall? :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2012-01-28, 12:40 PM
So we're saying Adamantine armor spikes so you ignore hardness as you burst through the wall? :smallamused:
But of course my good man, why else would one acquire such a contrivance?

Doorhandle
2012-01-28, 06:37 PM

Oh god... I'm not longer allowed to do that and I've only just heard it. :smallbiggrin:

Seharvepernfan
2012-01-28, 07:26 PM
Can you have armor spikes of a different material than the armor itself? I wouldn't think so...

Cieyrin
2012-01-28, 09:38 PM
Can you have armor spikes of a different material than the armor itself? I wouldn't think so...

What if it's studded leather, where all the studs are adamantine spikes? You certainly wouldn't have leather spikes, would you?

Or if you built them into a Rhino Hide, tanned red?

Coidzor
2012-01-29, 03:42 AM
Hmm, red armor...black spikes...

There's a connection I should be making here.

Cieyrin
2012-01-29, 10:35 AM

The spikes are in the shape of the Koolaid Man's face. Other than that, I got nothing.

http://willvideoforfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/koolaid.jpg

Slipperychicken
2012-01-29, 01:30 PM

I failed my Knowledge(Culture). If Adamatium lets you ignore hardness to bust through walls, Riverine should let you bust through Adamantium.

Human Paragon 3
2012-01-29, 10:29 PM
See, the problem here is that the wall, while softer than your armor, is harder than YOU, so when you slam up against it, it will merely drive all those adamantine spikes back into you.

/DM:smallbiggrin:

Cieyrin
2012-01-29, 10:49 PM
See, the problem here is that the wall, while softer than your armor, is harder than YOU, so when you slam up against it, it will merely drive all those adamantine spikes back into you.

/DM:smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I think it would just have stylized Rhino Hide and Shards of Granite via an unarmed strike that happens to be a full body charge through the wall. Apply White Raven charges and stances to taste and other ubercharging techniques as needed.

Who knew, The Kool-Aid Man was a Warblade. :smallwink: