PDA

View Full Version : Will V ever become Darth V again?

Gligarman2
2012-01-27, 03:16 PM
The title describes it all!:smallwink:

Leecros
2012-01-27, 03:22 PM
Ever is a long, long time...

so maybe?

Grey Watcher
2012-01-27, 03:27 PM
NO! ...It was a singular event. It cannot be repeated. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0667.html)

It was a
once in a century deal. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0633.html)

A big part of that story arc as V realizing that raw magical power doesn't solve everything. And given the mess it made of his personal life, I can't even imagine what would make him so much as consider Soul Splicing with the damned ever again.

OPM
2012-01-27, 03:43 PM
It was a

A big part of that story arc as V realizing that raw magical power doesn't solve everything. And given the mess it made of his personal life, I can't even imagine what would make him so much as consider Soul Splicing with the damned ever again.

While V won't enter any more deals, remember that the fiends have three periods of time in which to use V's soul. And they might very well want to power V up while they have control. I mean, they can presumably do this whenever they want, deal or no deal. They just have to make it end before V leaves their control.

I mean, if you're going to have a mortal pawn, one might think that you would want a powerful one. But what do I know? It depends on what they want V to do. Speaking of which...

If they want to force V to cast the arcane half of the ritual, they might need an epic Darth V to do that....

Incom
2012-01-27, 03:51 PM
It's been theorized that V will get spliced with Dorukan and Lirian in the climax.

@OPM: Whatever plans the fiends have for V, forcing him to cast the ritual won't work as it takes MUCH longer than the time they have.

Craft (Cheese)
2012-01-27, 05:08 PM
While V won't enter any more deals, remember that the fiends have three periods of time in which to use V's soul. And they might very well want to power V up while they have control. I mean, they can presumably do this whenever they want, deal or no deal. They just have to make it end before V leaves their control.

This is what I'm thinking: If and when it happens again, it'll be against V's will. Now whether that'll actually happen is a different story. The comic strictly said that they get V's soul. Does controlling someone's soul while it's in their body allow you to control the body as well? Qarr bothered to save V, so it's probable, but not certain.

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-27, 05:15 PM
Alternatively, V's soul may get temporarily spliced onto someone else.

Dr.Epic
2012-01-27, 05:18 PM
Unlikely. It would undermine all the character development he went through the first time.

skaddix
2012-01-27, 05:31 PM
Unlikely. It would undermine all the character development he went through the first time.

Not really the IFCC can simply resplice him/her during their time of control also they can probably cheat since they have time manipulation.

SpaceBadger
2012-01-27, 07:06 PM
It's been theorized that V will get spliced with Dorukan and Lirian in the climax.

But isn't Lirian a prisoner of Xykon in some kind of Soul Bind gem?

I don't recall what Xykon ended up doing with Dorukan (and don't have books here) - was he also Soul Bound?

Timeless
2012-01-27, 07:11 PM
But isn't Lirian a prisoner of Xykon in some kind of Soul Bind gem?

I don't recall what Xykon ended up doing with Dorukan (and don't have books here) - was he also Soul Bound?

Yes and yes.

V certainly wont be soul spliced with the fiends spirits again - now that Xykon is back in action (and highly unlikely to go back to laying around) they have no need to give things the kind of push they did before.