PDA

View Full Version : BM Bearwood expedition IC

BlueDice
2012-01-27, 04:46 PM
Under cover of darkness, you begin the expedition to bear woods.
After nearly two hours' time, you come to the river which is about 20 feet wide and with a strong current

If you want to swim across it requires 2 DC 15 swim checks.

not so secret DM roll

spot checks
Kran 1d20
Raahm 1d20 +4
Zyphonis 1d20 +5
Calvare 1d20 +4
for those that makes DC 15 or higher

No luck there :smallfrown: and do not look into spoilers that are not adressed to you... bad boy :smallwink:

BlueDice
2012-01-27, 04:47 PM
Rerolling

spot checks
Kran [roll0]
Raahm [roll1]
Zyphonis [roll2]
Calvare [roll3]
for those that makes DC 15 or higher

gallagher
2012-01-27, 05:28 PM
i am not such a strong swimmer, and for the sake of our health, i propose we have someone who is take some rope and secure it to a tree on the other side, in case we need to pull ourselves across and not get swept away.

or, if we need, i have a grappling hook as well, and we can try throwing it across.

Grinner
2012-01-27, 05:33 PM
"Don't look at me", Calvare mutters, focusing intently.

((OOC: manifesting Elfsight))

LittleCarp04
2012-01-28, 12:52 AM
"I am not a very powerful swimmer, but I fear no river."

With that Zyphonis leaps into the river and attempts to swim across.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 03:34 AM
Zyphonis is almost at the other river bank, when the current takes him back out in the stream.

OOC: you must fail with 5 or more before something bad happens...

Grinner
2012-01-28, 06:22 AM
Calvare drops his bag and grabs his silken rope. Tying one end around himself and another around a tree, he prepares to save Zyphonis's hasty ass.

Use Rope: [roll0]

Grinner
2012-01-28, 11:36 AM
Realizing how bad of an idea swimming out himself would be, Calvare unties the rope from his waist, gathers it into a coil, and tosses it to Zyphonis.

Ranged attack: [roll0] vs. DC 12

gallagher
2012-01-28, 11:57 AM
Realizing how bad of an idea swimming out himself would be, Calvare unties the rope from his waist, gathers it into a coil, and tosses it to Zyphonis.

Ranged attack: [roll0] vs. DC 12

i am going to use my expansion power to gain a +2 to strength for this, and hopefully a circumstance bonus for being heavier from being swept away or anything

[roll0]
[roll1]

expanded for 7 minutes, and i guess it has an olfactory display, so you can smell me expand? and i have 28 PP left

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 12:02 PM
The rope lands in the water near Zyphonis.
Reflex save DC 12 to grab the rope before it floats away, however if Zyphonis hold on to the rope, the DC increases swim with 2 to DC 17 but the others can pull him in if it goes wrong.

gallagher
2012-01-28, 12:35 PM
if i get to the other side, he could try to throw the rope to me as well, correct? i'm strong enough to pull

LittleCarp04
2012-01-28, 12:56 PM
Zyphonis is nearly there when the current takes him and begins to pull him toward the middle of the river again, he sees the rope flying toward him and reaches for it ...[roll0] and sucessfully grabs onto the rope and begins to try to swim for the other side again.

LittleCarp04
2012-01-28, 12:57 PM
Swim check again:
[roll0] crap that extra sucks...

Since i super failed the swim check what would the str check be to just pull myself back to shore since the rope is tied off now?

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 01:20 PM
Zyphonis grabs the rope but forgets to swim and the others see him disapeer into the dark water....

over a full minute goes by where people are pulling in the heavy rope before a very wet Zyphonis is dragged unto shore...

OOC: gallagher: he could try

Grinner
2012-01-28, 01:57 PM
Calvare wrings his rope dry and offers one end to Raahm, saying,"Your turn then?"

If he accepts, Calvare will tie the free end around his waist.

If not, Calvare will make the same offer to Kran.

Use Rope: [roll0] vs. DC 10
Can I take ten? Or twenty?

gallagher
2012-01-28, 02:03 PM
Yeah, i'll help him pull to try and get him out as soon as possible. if it takes the full minute, i have 6 minutes left of being large.

after everyone is on the other side, i stop and whisper
so before we go forward, what should our battle strategy be? in my current state, i would be good to have in front. what is everyone else's specialty?

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 02:07 PM
Now that you look at KRAN you see he is standing at least 30 ft from the river, his hands are gripping his axe nervously and he is keeping all his attention on the river...

Grinner
2012-01-28, 02:21 PM
after everyone is on the other side, i stop and whisper so before we go forward, what should our battle strategy be? in my current state, i would be good to have in front. what is everyone else's specialty?

"Umm....It's funny you should mention that. I'm afraid I'm more of a talker than a fighter...."

"Actually, shield aside, I'm completely unarmed." :smallredface:

OOC: Need a rundown of the situation. Are we all on the other side? Didn't we just pull Zyphonis in? Did Raahm make it across on his own?

gallagher
2012-01-28, 02:30 PM
Raahm shaked his head in disbelief that he forgot a teammate already. I pull out my rope and grappling hook and motion to Kran that i am preparing to throw it at him, so that he can catch it and hold on if he falls in.

what kind of roll would you like me to make to throw it past Kran so that he can grab it after it hits the ground?

gallagher
2012-01-28, 02:35 PM
"Umm....It's funny you should mention that. I'm afraid I'm more of a talker than a fighter...."

"Actually, shield aside, I'm completely unarmed." :smallredface:

OOC: Need a rundown of the situation. Are we all on the other side? Didn't we just pull Zyphonis in? Did Raahm make it across on his own?

Mental note: no one worth their spit goes into a situation where combat is imminent without a weapon. either uses shield as a weapon or uses magic/manifestations/powers/whatnot

well then i am sure you will pick up a weapon soon enough. hopefully it wont be too bloodied up by the time you get it

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 02:41 PM
--- CUT---
Raahm is the only one on the far side rest is still back on the norden bank... nobody have thrown a rope yet
---and ACTION---

Grinner
2012-01-28, 02:59 PM
Calvares coils the rope again, takes aim, and tosses it to Raahm, who stands on the far side of the river.

Ranged attack: [roll0]

gallagher
2012-01-28, 03:04 PM
after grabbing the rope, i haul our swimming ally in. after that, i will take my grappling hook with my rope attached (grappling hook for the weight) and commence helping Kran to get over

Grinner
2012-01-28, 03:13 PM
While the party assists in helping Kran through the river, Calvare asks him,"Kran, you seem nervous. What's wrong?"

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 04:33 PM
"WATER KILLED ME PAPA" for one short moment you see a softer side of the dwarf, but then its gone "Me KILL all Water sometime"

LittleCarp04
2012-01-28, 06:13 PM
Assuming we now have a good basis to cross the river by the rope fairly safely...

Zyphonis tells Kran, "It's fine Kran, grab the rope and just make your way across, we don't have time to waste."
As he says this, he secures his sword in his scabbard on his back once more and grips the rope and crosses the river.

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 06:54 PM
after you all have crossed the river you continue towards the wood, you begin to feel that it's been a long day and that time is approximately 2 am, there is an animal trail that leads into the woods but in front of it there is a pointed stick in the ground with the skull of a boar on.

Spot
spot checks
Kran [roll0]
Raahm [roll1]
Zyphonis [roll2]
Calvare [roll3]
for those that makes DC 15 or higher only
You se a piece of paper inside of the skull

gallagher
2012-01-28, 06:57 PM
i am still refreshed, as my ring of sustenance is keeping me awesome.

i say in a hushed whisper: stop, there is a piece of paper inside that skull-on-a-pole. please tell me that someone can search for traps

Grinner
2012-01-28, 07:21 PM
Calvare takes the cue and initiates a thorough sweep of the area.

If he finds any traps, he'll attempt to disable them.

Search: Taking 20+9 [29]
Disable Device: [roll0]

BlueDice
2012-01-28, 07:46 PM
Calvare only
the only trap you find is that the curled up paper holds a Explosive runes, that you can easely disable, but no other writing is on the paper

Grinner
2012-01-28, 08:50 PM
Calvare, having finished his search, pulls the paper from its nesting place, and a distant memory dawns on him. Emptying his mind, he checks for evidence of an old and quite dirty trick.

He smiles, gives a small chuckle, and, being careful not to read the paper, folds it up and pockets it.

"That could be useful someday."

gallagher
2012-01-29, 02:38 PM
i make sure to try to be quiet as i ask ahead
what do you see?

Grinner
2012-01-29, 06:18 PM
"An interesting variety of trap called explosive runes. When read, they explode. At any rate, since they are no longer a danger, we should proceed forward."

BlueDice
2012-01-31, 06:42 AM
You choose to continue down the animal trail and an hour later it starts to become more than an animal trail there begins to be apparent humanoid tracks and a few carvings in the trees.

Listen checks
Kran [roll0]
Raahm [roll1]
Zyphonis [roll2]
Calvare [roll3]

for those that makes DC 8 or higher onlyYou hear voices that argued a little up ahead

for those that makes DC 12 or higher only
It sounds to be 4 goblins who are discussing something

for Calvare if he makes the DC 12 listen

Language: goblin
Voice 1: No, we keep the gold and deliver the beer and the carpets
Voice 2: No, let's dig the beer down and return the rest to Kung
Voice 3: Why do we not just hide it all and say that we were chased away by soldiers
Voice 4: Ske's idea is best.

Grinner
2012-01-31, 11:20 AM
Calvare pulls a glimmering, crystalline mask from his bag and places it to his head. After listening for a few moments, he whispers to the rest of the party,"Gentlemen, they're discussing whether or not to bury a portion of a shipment of alcohol and gold destined for someone named Kung. We can either let them go and dig up what they leave or, if we dispatch them quickly, keep it all ourselves. Keep in mind that if we let even one escape, he could alert the entire camp."

BlueDice
2012-01-31, 01:35 PM
Kran looks a little confused "Who They" A little gleam begins to shine in his eyes, while he is strenghtning his grip on the axe "Goblins?"

gallagher
2012-01-31, 05:05 PM
someone, or two people, could sneak past them and try to force them this way, while the rest jump out and attack. even if one does make it back, we dont necessarily have much to fear. we can surely take care of any goblins that will threaten us tonight

i summon my Harpoon, costing me one PP, and link with it Tail of the Dragon, costing me 3 more PP, for a total of 4

and with this, i can make sure one doesnt get away without being in a lot of agonizing pain. maybe we could even interrogate it if it stays stuck like a pig

gallagher
2012-01-31, 05:14 PM
also, my Tail doesnt have a threatened area described, but its augmentation says that the tail sweep i would gain goes in a 20 foot half circle. does that mean that my tail has a reach of 20 ft? that is a bit excessive, i think 10 feet is more reasonable

LittleCarp04
2012-01-31, 05:48 PM
Zyphonis perks up at the mention of goblins ready for slaughter, "I can easily approach them and frighten them in this direction for easy destruction. I can even make sure they head in the *exact* direction we desire." If everyone agrees, Zyphonis will use his invisibility and head around as quietly as he is able.
OOC: At work so cant see my move silently modifier, but with invisibility should be pretty good and hidden. Also Gallagher try to keep OOC (out of character) chat in spoiler boxes. Thanks!

Grinner
2012-01-31, 06:30 PM
Bringing his shield to bear, Calvare says to Zyphonis,"Sounds like a plan to me."

BlueDice
2012-02-01, 05:29 PM
As you move closer and Zyphonis have moved to the other side of the small clearing, you all se not four but seven goblins, then you hear the warscream of Kran "DIE BY ME PAPAS AXE" as he charges.

Initiative

Kran [roll0]
Raahm [roll1]
Zyphonis [roll2]
Calvare [roll3]
7XGoblins [roll4]

First you all have a standart action in the suprice round
Then full round to Calvare
-Goblins
-all of you once
-Goblins

BlueDice
2012-02-01, 05:35 PM
Kran charges nearest goblin and makes a powerfull thrust while growling and spitting curses at the creaturs (Rage)

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Grinner
2012-02-01, 06:28 PM
With the element of surprise having been broken, Calvare concentrates for a moment and a flame springs to life around his hand. (Hand Afire)

gallagher
2012-02-01, 07:44 PM
description of my action:i move to get to the largest goblin that will be within my 30 foot throwing range, and throw my harpoon at him. if i have to move, i can charge up to my normal speed as a standard action, correct?

anyway, if i cant, i just throw my harpoon at the nearest.

attack roll: [roll0] with an additional +2 if i had to charge
damage: [roll1]

if i hit, he needs to make a reflex save vs the damage dealt

if i hit, i yell LIVE ACTION

gallagher
2012-02-01, 07:46 PM
description of my action:i move to get to the largest goblin that will be within my 30 foot throwing range, and throw my harpoon at him. if i have to move, i can charge up to my normal speed as a standard action, correct?

anyway, if i cant, i just throw my harpoon at the nearest.

attack roll: [roll0] with an additional +2 if i had to charge
damage: [roll1]

if i hit, he needs to make a reflex save vs the damage dealt

if i hit, i yell LIVE ACTION
correction: reflex save is 10+damage dealt

LittleCarp04
2012-02-01, 09:27 PM
OOC: Can we get some more information, how far from goblins are we, how are they arranged etc... it would make the choices for the surprise round a little easier

BlueDice
2012-02-02, 03:53 AM
Sorry I posted right before I whent to bed so, missed alot of detalis...

here are the map before initiative
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Bluediceone/startgobofight.jpg

if Goblin 5 is still alive when its Kran thats his target else nearest still standing

LittleCarp04
2012-02-02, 01:47 PM
Zyphonis moves onto the path and moves toward the closest goblin, removing his sword from his back as he moves, he chops down viciously at the little creature with a cold smile on his face.

I move to goblin 1, and attack him with Shadestrike
To Hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

gallagher
2012-02-02, 03:01 PM
Goblins numbers 2, 4, 6, and 7 are all within my range, and i choose to attack the biggest of 2, 6, and 7. im not throwing between 6 and 7 to hit 4

if there is no noticeable difference, i choose to attack #7

Grinner
2012-02-02, 04:17 PM
Calvare moves through the thicket ahead and moves into position next to Goblin 2 but not adjacent to Goblin 5.

BlueDice
2012-02-03, 05:24 AM
The Goblins are taken by complete suprice...

Calvare moves throu the bushes, Zyphonis moves into the clearing and with the first strike he downs a goblin.

Raahm Pirces a goblin with his harpoon while yelling "LIVE ACTION" the poor creature had not a chance and colapses with the harpoon throu its chest.

Kran runs screaming head on the first goblin he sees and chops of one of its arms, it falls to the ground without a sound.

New Map
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Bluediceone/gobofight2.jpg

Calvare full round then whats left of the goblins

Grinner
2012-02-03, 08:44 AM
Calvare feints with his shield but drives his hand into Goblin 2's side instead.

Bluff: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] nonlethal + [roll3] fire

If the Bluff roll is successful, add [roll4] nonlethal for sneak attack.

BlueDice
2012-02-03, 11:22 AM
The goblin is totaly suprised by Calvares feint (since he was already flat-footed :smallwink:) and falls smoking to the ground.

The 3 goblins left have no time to think and react to enemies comming from all sides with attacking what ever is closest.

Goblin 3 takes a 5ft step and slashes after Zyphonis with a wicked looking knife
To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1] minimum of 1 if it hits. (If woundet Fort. Save vs Poison)

Goblin 4 charges Kran with a twohandet grip on its morningstar
To Hit [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Goblin 7 charges Raahm that seems weaponless, cutting out after him with a shortsword. (if you have reach you get a AoO before he reaches you)
To Hit [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Battle grit
http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/Bluediceone/gobofight3.jpg

gallagher
2012-02-03, 11:52 AM
the power description does not say, so i assume that i do not get reach. he misses anyway

BlueDice
2012-02-03, 12:47 PM
well then everybody post your round and I will do a write up of the combat (unless you can't kill 3 CR 1/4 on a round :smallbiggrin:)

LittleCarp04
2012-02-03, 01:28 PM
After the first goblin falls with no contest, Zyphonis laughes at the pitiful attempt of the goblin to attack him and brings his still bloody sword to bear on the little beast.

Zyphonis says, "If I had known it would be this easy down here, I would have left the enclave months ago!"

Zyphonis will attempt to attack Goblin 3
[roll0]
Damage if I hit
[roll1]

gallagher
2012-02-03, 08:06 PM
tail slap
[roll0] for [roll1]

Grinner
2012-02-04, 02:33 PM
OOC: Calvare does not receive a round.

BlueDice
2012-02-04, 05:51 PM
(OOC: Well if Kran misses its still him before the goblins)

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

And he misses :smallfrown:

Grinner
2012-02-04, 08:35 PM
Calvare begins to face Kran's goblin but, afraid of the possibility of drawing Kran's ire, thinks twice and charges Raahm's goblin instead.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal and [roll2] fire

BlueDice
2012-02-04, 09:00 PM
Zyphonis says, "If I had known it would be this easy down here, I would have left the enclave months ago!" while blood is spraying out of the goblins chest before it also falls to the ground.

Raahm and Kran both misses their opponents, Kran answers with a "Stand still you slimy wormthing"

Calvere desides to charge the goblin next to Raahm and burns it face, it falls screaming to the ground.

The last goblin desides to try and run away turning its back to Kran he tries to cut it down

to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]
that was a bad choice for the goblin becaus Kran swings his axe and its head rolls into a bush before the body hits the ground

Grinner
2012-02-05, 08:46 AM
Bearing a look of manic exhilaration, Calvare bends down to check whether his last victim is still alive.

gallagher
2012-02-05, 10:32 AM
ok awesome, looting time. im looking for a melee weapon that wont cost me PP and a shield

Grinner
2012-02-05, 11:24 PM
OOC: Dibs on the short sword.

BlueDice
2012-02-07, 06:54 AM
Looking over the bodies of the fallen goblins you find:

Goblin 1: Is barly alive and unconscious
Shortsword, Studdet leather and some coins: 1 GP 3 SP 8 CP.

Goblin 2: Is barly alive and unconscious
(small) Club, Padded Armor and a dead rat.

Goblin 3: Is Death
wicked looking knife, (small) shortbow, Leather Armor, waterskin, a small clay container with some slimy black content and a piece of half eaten bread

Goblin 4: Is Death
(small) morningstar, Leather Armor and some coins: 4 SP 6 CP

Goblin 5: Is Death
(small) light mace, Leather Armor and a pearl necklass

Goblin 6: Is unconscious
(small) shortsword, Leather Armor, a rusty key, flint and steel and a small ruby

Goblin 7: Is unconscious
(small) shortsword, Hide armor, a dried wolf claw and a bottle of vine.

Also in the clearing is the loot they were arguing over:
A barrel labeled "Bors Brown Ale"
2 old rather large floor rugs
a bag of coins: 23 GP 34 SP 52 CP
and a large cheese

gallagher
2012-02-07, 10:26 AM
since the wicked looking knife is not small, and i need a melee weapon that doesnt cost PP, i'm gonna go ahead and call dibs on that. i also want one of the rugs. who besides me have extradimensional space? because we can split this up now, or save it for later

personal, mental note: still need shield, make sure to keep key

Grinner
2012-02-07, 03:44 PM
"Well," Calvare says, standing up. "It seems there are survivors..."

OOC: I've got a Handy Haversack. I'm also curious as to what the clay jar contains. Poison?

LittleCarp04
2012-02-08, 09:40 PM
Zyphonis replies, "I have no means of carrying additional equipment other than myself, so I will stick to whatever is left over, nothing among these pitiful goblins surpasses that which I currently possess."

gallagher
2012-02-08, 11:35 PM
Zyphonis replies, "I have no means of carrying additional equipment other than myself, so I will stick to whatever is left over, nothing among these pitiful goblins surpasses that which I currently possess."

then while we search bodies, you should start divining where we go next to find more of these goblins. maybe we should try to revive one that hasnt quite died yet

Grinner
2012-02-09, 07:45 AM
"Yes, we can do that" Calvare says.

"Restrain that one" he goes on, pointing to Goblin #6.

OOC: Once Raahm or Kran has successfully grappled Goblin #6's form, Calvare will expend a charge on his belt of healing to revive it.

gallagher
2012-02-13, 04:23 PM
bumping this to make sure it doesnt get lost!