PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Spymaster's Coin... in a bag?

Unusual Muse
2012-01-28, 12:26 AM
So, I'm considering the spell Spymaster's Coin (Complete Scoundrel p. 104)... the main issue I see is, the description says you can see or hear what's happening as if you were in the coin's location. In the case of most coins, this is going to be in a bag or a pouch or a pocket... which means you're not going to see anything, and not going to hear much. Am I missing something?

Mystify
2012-01-28, 01:19 AM
So, I'm considering the spell Spymaster's Coin (Complete Scoundrel p. 104)... the main issue I see is, the description says you can see or hear what's happening as if you were in the coin's location. In the case of most coins, this is going to be in a bag or a pouch or a pocket... which means you're not going to see anything, and not going to hear much. Am I missing something?

You should be able to hear plenty. A bag of coins is far from soundproof. You can also leave it laying around someplace. Nobody is going to think twice about the coin laying under the table. At least, not in a suspicious manner. Its also light enough to be manipulated by mage hands, familiar, small wildshapes, etc, in order to get to a convenient location.
It also doesn't have to be a coin. A small rock also works, a small pin, etc.