PDA

View Full Version : Driver trouble

Kzickas
2012-01-28, 07:02 AM
Trying to update my motherboard driver (nForce 710a) I have a wierd problem. I downloaded the file from nvidia's webpage and after I run it it says that drivers are ready for install and to restart and the drivers will be installed automatically. After I do restart though it starts from scratch, doing the exact same thing and then asks me to restart in an eternal loop. Anyone know what I can do to make it install correctly?

nihil8r
2012-01-29, 11:37 PM
no ... but can you try installing the driver that came with the board and then starting over?

Erloas
2012-01-30, 11:18 AM
The only obvious thing I can think of without more information is that potentially your anti-virus is blocking low level installations like that. You might have to disable it for a bit to get them to install. If it isn't AV, it could be a virus instead, as some of the more powerful ones will block those types of installs to keep AV from removing them or just to keep other viruses from taking over the machine as well.

And just to be sure, you are talking about drivers for the motherboard (not really that many as the motherboard tends to be rather transparent to the OS, what you usually get is drivers for certain controllers, like HD controllers, networking, audio, that happen to reside on the motherboard), rather then firmware updates for the motherboard?