PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man Villains in 3.5

skycycle blues
2012-01-28, 09:37 PM
I'm likely to be starting up a campaign soon and I have an idea that I think would be fun, in that I'm thinking of building boss battles so that my players have to fight characters based off of Spider-Man villains to see how long it takes them to get it. The problem is, I'm completely stumped on build ideas for most of them.

I'm not looking for full 1-20 levels and complete feat selections for everybody, just general suggestions for feats, items or classes that seem to really capture key aspects.

Assume Core, TOB, TOM, Complete Series, Races series, PHB2, UA, Dungeobscape, Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Frostburn. I have some other books too that I rarely use for things, but I definitely don't have access to Exalted stuff, any campaign specific book, any thing with Incarnum or Dragon Magazine material.

The characters I want to try to fit in are:

Kraven- at least 1 level of Barbarian for pounce, and then some levels of Ranger. Not sure where to go from there.

The Lizard- I'm thinking a Lizardfolk PsyWarrior/Barbarian

Mister Negative-some kind of caster focusing on spells like Dominate Person seems appropriate. Maybe a Beguiler?

Mysterio- looks to be an Illusionist.

Rhino- some version of an Ubercharger seems good.

Vulture- probably a Raptoran or something else that would just have flight without having to invest resources into it.

And for the rest of these, I don't really have any idea what to go with:

Venom-

Carnage-

Electro-

Doc Oc-

Green Goblin-

Sandman-

Scorpion-

Shocker-

The Spot-

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rausdower
2012-01-28, 10:06 PM
Sandman = The Sandshaper from Sandstorm

Thurbane
2012-01-28, 10:09 PM
Venom/Carnage - some kind of Warshaper/MoMF?
Electro - Blue Dragon Shaman, or Dragonfire Adept?
Scorpion - Scorpion Heritor (Sandstorm)

Calanon
2012-01-28, 10:12 PM

You would be better of homebrewing a symbiote creature that makes you rage over very tiny things, and makes the host take double damage from sonic damage and BOOM the Venom Symbiote :smallbiggrin:

blackspeeker
2012-01-28, 10:15 PM
I have never heard of the spot before, had to look him up, but if you have eberron and the book dragonmarked I would look into the blade of orien Prc it deals with dimensional portals/leaps/doors and using them offensively

skycycle blues
2012-01-28, 10:18 PM
Sandman = The Sandshaper from Sandstorm
Sandshaper seems appropriate. I wish it seemed more appropriate for melee combat though.

Electro - Blue Dragon Shaman, or Dragonfire Adept?
Scorpion - Scorpion Heritor (Sandstorm)

Warshaper/MoMF and Scorpion Heritor seems perfect.
Edit- Found Dragon Shaman. Looks pretty good.

skycycle blues
2012-01-28, 10:23 PM
I have never heard of the spot before, had to look him up, but if you have eberron and the book dragonmarked I would look into the blade of orien Prc it deals with dimensional portals/leaps/doors and using them offensively

That is the exact idea that I'm looking for, but unfortunately, I don't have access to any of that material.

Thurbane
2012-01-28, 10:30 PM
Dragon Shaman is PHB2 - Blue is one of the dragon totems he can chose, for lighting breath and electricity aura.

Godskook
2012-01-28, 11:17 PM
The best way to model Carnage and Venom is to use the Symbionts from the Eberron setting.

Psyren
2012-01-29, 12:23 AM
Venom/Carnage: Refluff Totemist I'd say.
Mysterio is probably a Nightmare Spinner with a fishbowl on his head.
Electro is a Kineticist with a lightning fetish... or maybe an electrical Elemental Savant.

Flickerdart
2012-01-29, 12:25 AM
To emulate the actual symbiote, Venom could be a combination of some regular character and either Fiend of Possession or Ragamoffyn - though actually using the Symbiotic template from Savage Species is fine too.

DonutBoy12321
2012-01-29, 12:28 AM
Doc Oc- Thri-Kreen with the Insectile template, wearing a human costume. BAM! You have 6 arms. Use Deformity: Tall and that Aberrant feat the grows your arms to get reach.

kardar233
2012-01-29, 03:31 AM
Doc Oc could also be a Psychic Warrior who casts Form of Doom when he gets his tentacles out.

Rhino should be a Dungeoncrasher Fighter. Seriously, the guy destroys just as much scenery as enemies.

GoatBoy
2012-01-29, 08:52 AM
The Green Goblin strikes me first as an alchemist (but that's from Pathfinder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist)) or an artificer. Unfortunately the latter is from the Eberron Campaign Setting, but it's such a great and original class that I suggest you look into it. Doc Ock gives off an artificer vibe, too. I would just treat his arms like a separate creature unto themselves.

You might try a Swift Hunter Ranger/Scout build for Kraven.

For the Vulture, perhaps you could use a modified version of the vampire template. He DOES drain energy in the same way, in a sense. Plus, you know, flight.

Many of the rest would work with a Totemist, I think, so you should try and grab Incarnum if at all possible.

imneuromancer
2012-01-29, 09:40 PM
For Doc Oc, there are lots of spells tha tdeal with adding tentacles, reach, arms, etc.

So yeah, wizard or artificer could do it, plus adding various spells

EDIT: From Spell Compendium:
Fearsome Grapple- grow tentacles that help you grapple
Extend Tentacle- +5 foot reach to tentacle attack
Flame Whips- forelimbs become fiery, do damage
Spell Flower- hold touch spells with forelimbs

dao.silverman
2013-08-06, 07:22 PM
I did a write up for venom in my campaign.

Venom is a psychopathic ectoplastic skin. Tho in actuality it is a parasitic life-form That feeds off the adrenalin of the fighting it incites.

Artifact level uniquely intelligent Psychoactive skin
Skin of the spider/troll/Nimbleness
In addition when active the host receives a bonus of +4 strength, +2 constitution, and +4 dexterity.
For all its power this “skin” renders its host susceptible to both fire and sonic attacks the host taking double damage on both. And the skin taking ˝ of the total damage.

1. Intelligent item – Abi:18,18,10

A. Greater

a. uncanny dodge, trap sense +2
b. locate creature 3/day (symbiotic spawn only)

B. Lesser

a. cure moderate wounds 3/day
b. 10 ranks in jump
c. can use spell alter self at will

2. Skin of Nimbleness

A. This psychoactive skin continually grants the wearer a +10 competence bonus on Tumble checks.

3. Skin of the Spider

A. This psychoactive skin continually grants the wearer a +20 competence bonus on Climb checks and continually affects the wearer as the body equilibrium power. Three times per day, the wearer can manifest Web against a target within 30 feet.

4. Skin of the Troll

A. This psychoactive skin continually allows a living wearer to heal more quickly. The wearer heals 5 points of damage per minute. Except for the slower rate of healing, this skin affects its wearer as if the wearer were under the effect of a continual true metabolism power.