PDA

View Full Version : GM Heresy 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Xeno55
2012-01-28, 10:57 PM
This is the starting thread for Godsmouth Heresy 2.

Kraus Human Barbarian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=373440)
Alpha Human Sorcerer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=365662)
Ursus Dwarf Monk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=365776)
Ansgar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=375780) Human Cleric
Azmara Half Elf Cleric (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=366158)

The priests of Pharasma are seeking a discrete party of
adventurers for immediate employment.

Background:

The city of Kaer Maga sits in the heart of Varisia, a vast
stone hexagon of unknown origin perched high atop
the cliffs of the Storval Rise. This cyclopean structure
predates even the Empire of Thassilon, which ruled
these lands 10,000 years ago, and today it is a city of
wonders, intrigue, and mysteries.

Carved on the cliff face below the city are numerous
representations of gigantic bodies and faces, though
who these titanic carvings actually represent is a matter
of some conjecture—the vanished runelords of ancient
Thassilon, forgotten kings, dead gods, or someone else.
Some of these massive sculptures lead into the Undercity,
a dizzying network of caverns, tunnels, and chambers,
both natural and man-made, that riddle the cliffs beneath
Kaer Maga.

One of the most famous entrances to the Undercity
lies in the mouth of one of the giant faces known as
the Unnamed King, and opens onto a series of ancient
catacombs where the honored dead of Kaer Maga are
interred. From their cathedral in the Bottoms district
of the city above, the clergy of Pharasma oversee the
Godsmouth Ossuary, the most prestigious place in Kaer
Maga to be buried—and the Pharasmins charge a hefty
fee for the honor.

Xeno55
2012-01-28, 10:58 PM
The PCs are invited to the Godsmouth Cathedral in Kaer Maga’s
Bottoms district for a midnight meeting with their contact,
a female Pharasmin priest named
Valanthe Nerissia. In a side chapel dedicated to a martyred saint, she
explains the problem—bodies are missing from the
Godsmouth Ossuary. Valanthe offers the group a reward
of 500 gp for successfully stopping whatever is behind
the disappearing bodies, and an additional reward of
250 gp for clearing the level of all other monsters or
threats. In addition, any valuables the PCs
find in the sealed crypts are theirs to keep, barring any
obviously Pharasmin relics or treasure.

When the PCs are ready to begin, Valanthe meets them
and leads them down the narrow, twisting cliffside path
to the Godsmouth Ossuary. Once they pass through the
mouth of the Unnamed King, they are in the ossuary
proper, where robed and hooded Pharasmin priests
silently tend to the deceased. Valanthe leads the PCs
through luxuriously appointed catacombs packed with
bodies and down several stairways before coming to an
area that obviously sees little use—most of the burial
niches are empty and dusty, the air is musty and close,
and silence reigns supreme.

In this disused portion of the crypts, Valanthe stops
before a locked door. She explains that this is the only
known entrance to the sealed lower portions of the
ossuary, and once the PCs enter, the door will be locked
behind them. Because of this restriction, the PCs will
be unable to leave the ossuary to rest and resupply
between encounters. To help them accomplish their
task, Valanthe gives each PC a potion of cure light wounds
and a vial of holy water. The PCs may divide these up
however they wish, but they should use these supplies
wisely, as they will be unable to replace them.
Valanthe then hands the PCs a hollow mithral tube about
1 foot long—a chime of opening with 5 charges remaining.
The PCs may use the chime to get through the Pharasmin
seals below, but they should make sure they save at least 1
charge to get through this door again on their way out—
the priests will not open the door for them if they don’t
have the chime, as they have no way of seeing through the
locked door to recognize the PCs or determine whether
something has turned them into mindless undead. If the
PCs lose the chime or use up its magic, they must find
their own way out of the ossuary. With this warning given,
Valanthe draws a large iron key from beneath her robes
and unlocks the door. The Godsmouth Ossuary awaits.

Players may ask any final questions to Valanthe
before entering the ossuary.

meemaas
2012-01-29, 05:45 PM
Alpha

The man turned to the woman, to ask her his single question before he was ready. "So, your gonna pay me. To set anything and everything in these crypts on fire. I'd have done it for free."

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230693)

Savior
2012-01-29, 05:47 PM
Ursus

Standing at the wall which leads to his new adventure, the monk named Ursus stands at the ready, left hand clenched over his holy tomb, and left hand moving over his chest. Peering at the ravager that asks a question first, he then looks at the woman that holds the key to his "destiny". He notices nothing wrong, but wants a better stance of what wicked things come. "Is there any one being or monster we must stand ready for? Any research done of the apparent horror behind this wall?" Ursus had already taken the potions, and placed the finely into his pouch. The flaps of his dingy cloak over grow the pouch, allowing it to stay hidden. At the some notion, he received the chime, welcoming it to his pack.

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 05:51 PM
The cleric's mouth drops open.

Well, not everything. Not property of the church that could be recovered. And many things won't burn. And you wouldn't dishonor the sleeping dead. Oh, I see. You are jesting. Ha, ha, mehh. You mean you will burn whatever is responsible for the disappearance of the cadavers. Right. That is what you mean?

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 05:54 PM
Valanthe:

Our auguries have discovered nothing. An obvious possibility is ghouls, a type of undead especially hated by Pharasma. But if it were ghouls we should have discovered some trace of them. So I fear it is something else, something more evil, something more intelligent or at least more cunning.

Savior
2012-01-29, 05:57 PM
Ursus

"Understood. Assuming that is the case, we, hopefully.." Ursus gives a quick glare to his new ally, "..Will accomplish said mission.". Ursus dips into a bow, and waits for the others to finish their queries.

meemaas
2012-01-29, 05:57 PM
Alpha

"Well, everything moving, right? I better be able to set all that on fire. I love the sight of fire. To add emphasis, he waves his hand, and four floating balls of fire form around him, circling him in a dancing pattern.

Casted dancing lights for the fun of it

WizardSoul
2012-01-29, 06:51 PM
Well nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I just hope that we're equipped with everything that we need. Do you know of any passages in this crypt?

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 11:01 PM
Valanthe informs the party that they will be joined soon by a cleric.

Valanthe gives the chime of opening to Jace. The door opens onto a spiral staircase going down. It is dark, the party members may wish to take steps to provide light. Valanthe has a bundle of torches if desired. The staircase is narrow, the party must proceed single file. Therefore it must be noted who will go first, second and third.

meemaas
2012-01-29, 11:03 PM
"Ursus will go first. I assure you he has no problems with it." The redhead nudged his somewhat pal, and laughed a little. "As for me, i have no preferences"

Inglenook
2012-01-29, 11:29 PM
Azmara

"Wait, I'm here!" a voice called out, echoing slightly in the cavern-like darkness of the catacombs. The three adventurers and the priestess turned as as an athletic, half-elven woman rounded the corner. "Pardon my lateness," she panted, slightly winded from her jog through the crypts. Azmara eyed her companions warily before accepting the potion and holy water from the priestess, tucking them in her pack. "I'm ready when you gentlemen are."

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 11:35 PM
Ursus leads, the party must decide on postions 2, 3, and 4.

Inglenook
2012-01-29, 11:51 PM
Azmara

"Perhaps it would be wise of us to bring illumination, just in case …" she trailed off, staring at the bundle of torches Valanthe was carrying. "And as the latecomer, I suppose it's fitting that I bring up the rear."

While waiting for the redhead and the halfling to decide their order, Azmara peered in the darkness of the descending stairwell.

Perception check to see if I hear/see/smell anything unusual in the stairwell. [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 11:54 PM
Nothing seems unusual about the stairwell.

Savior
2012-01-30, 05:12 PM
Ursus

Smiling with a fondness of the weird one, Ursus nudges right back, granted, being stronger, he nudges Alpha off of post, and nearly falling over. Laughing in his solitude, Ursus looks over at Alpha. "Yes, i am fine with being in the front. granted, i would suggest my 'pal' going second, so he won't burn the others. Lord knows he can get carried away." Ursus rubs at his upper bicep, remembering his first encounter with the pyromaniac. "As for the rear ,and items, i am up to hold any items, or any other action that needs be. Granted, i should warn you all, as my 'allies', i am not the fondest of universal social steps. As such, don't expect me to risk life and limb for you all, under ALL circumstances. Other than that, i welcome the adventure."

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 05:31 PM
The order of march is Ursus, Alpha, Jace and Azmara. Alpha's dancing lights are still up, and light the way for the party down the spiral staircase. As the heroes proceed the lights seem to dim, it is darker than it should be. A piece of darkness seems to detach from above and fall on Azmara, who is of course flat-footed.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 05:36 PM
Azmara is missed by the strange, dark tentacled creature.

Initiative:

Azmara[roll0]
Jace[roll1]
Alpha[roll2]
Ursus[roll3]
Monster[roll4]

Jace may act.
Ursus may act, but is hindered by the narrow staircase and both Alpha and Jace being between him and the monster. He cannot melee attack the monster unless they move out of the way, and a missile attack will count as firing into melee.

WizardSoul
2012-01-30, 06:10 PM
Jace tries to make out what the creature is. Regardless, he unslings his bow, knocks an arrow and fires at the beast.

Perception check- [roll0]
Range attack roll- [roll1]
Damage roll- [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 06:21 PM
Jace's arrow misses. He sees a dark grey creature with perhaps five or six tentacles of two or three feet length in melee with Azmara.

Savior
2012-01-30, 06:47 PM
Ursus

Unleashing a rather large welt of power, Ursus blows through Alpha, creating a distance for his buddy to maintain a good aim from. The newer woman, who he barely even recognizes, is a different story. He attempts to toss her all the same, yes. But has no intention of making it easier for her. This will, in turn, guide him into the range of the tentacle. If succeeding, Ursus will attempt to combat the foe with a rather burly grapple. All the while, he attempts his own gathering of the lay of land.

Standard action: Attempt a grapple on the tentacle. Grapple attempt: [roll0]
Move action: Move through the crowd, using simple speed. (If a check is needed to do so, let me know, and i will post in ooc.)
Swift action: Hasty perception check on mainly the height of the stair case. Perception check: [roll1]
Free action: Praise Irori for thinking this move up. ( xD. )

--Stats--

HP: 10
AC:14
CMD:17
Stunning fists: 1/1
Shuriken: 25/25

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 07:10 PM
I think this can work. Jace is not actually in melee, so you move past him. Azmara is on the other side of the monster, so not a problem.

Ursus successfully climbs the staircase past Alpha and Jace, and is now able to attack the monster. Amazingly he succeeds in grappling the tentacled horror.

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 07:13 PM
If I understand the rules correctly you may also do one of the following:

Move: You can move both yourself and your target up to half your speed. At the end of your movement, you can place your target in any square adjacent to you. If you attempt to place your foe in a hazardous location, such as in a wall of fire or over a pit, the target receives a free attempt to break your grapple with a +4 bonus.

Damage: You can inflict damage to your target equal to your unarmed strike, a natural attack, or an attack made with armor spikes or a light or one-handed weapon. This damage can be either lethal or nonlethal.

Pin: You can give your opponent the pinned condition (see Conditions). Despite pinning your opponent, you still only have the grappled condition, but you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC.

Tie Up: If you have your target pinned, otherwise restrained, or unconscious, you can use rope to tie him up. This works like a pin effect, but the DC to escape the bonds is equal to 20 + your Combat Maneuver Bonus (instead of your CMD). The ropes do not need to make a check every round to maintain the pin. If you are grappling the target, you can attempt to tie him up in ropes, but doing so requires a combat maneuver check at a –10 penalty. If the DC to escape from these bindings is higher than 20 + the target's CMB, the target cannot escape from the bonds, even with a natural 20 on the check.

Ursus may use his grapple to inflict damage, or perhaps in other ways.

Savior
2012-01-30, 07:35 PM
Ursus

Ursus, having the pin, will then attempt to deal damage to the beast, still clung in his grasp.

Attack roll (If i need to confirm the attack) : [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

meemaas
2012-01-30, 07:39 PM
Alpha

The man slid to the side, to get a clear shot, and held his hand out towards the creature. He didn't care what it was, just wanted to burn it. "Lets fire it up, my friend"

Standard action: Cast ray of fire at the creature.
Move action: Back up a little down the stairs.
Swift action: None
Free action: None

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

--Stats--

HP: 7
AC:9
CMD:9
Elemental ray 7/7
Crossbow bolts 50/50

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 07:39 PM
The creature is badly hurt, and attempts to evade the grapple:

[roll0]

It fails to break the grapple.

Reading the rules more carefully it appears the grapple damage should occur only on the second round of grappling, but we will leave it as is this time.

All four PCs are free to take actions before the monster may move again.

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 07:49 PM
Alpha misses.

Inglenook
2012-01-30, 08:05 PM
Azmara

Having narrowly avoided the grasp of the tentacled creature, Azmara raised her scimitar, said a silent prayer to Sarenrae, and lunged forward.

Move Action: step forward if I need to.

Standard Action: melee attack with scimitar. [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Think I did that correctly. :smallconfused:

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:10 PM
Azmara's scimitar rips into the grappled creature, cuts it open and slays it.

Each party member gains 100 xp.

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:12 PM
The bottom of the staircase ends in a 30' x 30' room with doors to the west, north and east.

Old carvings cover the walls of this square chamber,
thick with dust and cobwebs. Three sets of stone double
doors stand in the three facing walls. Heavy bronze seals
emblazoned with the symbol of Pharasma secure the doors
against whatever lies beyond.

Savior
2012-01-30, 08:13 PM
Ursus

Still holding the slain creature, Ursus ripped down on it's entire body, laying most, if not, all, of it on the floor, to better identify the beast, for the sake of the long run. "Hopefully, one of us will know what the Asmodeus this thing is."

meemaas
2012-01-30, 08:14 PM
Alpha

The man holds his hand out, scowling as a second ray of fire blasted from his hand, colliding with the creature and starting a small flame. "Payback!! I didn't get to burn anything." He then steps away and starts sliding down the steps, a little, refreshing his dancing lights, in the form of circling fireballs around him or whoever is in the lead, every time it expires.

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:16 PM
Different kinds of knowledge rolls might help ID the monster.

Savior
2012-01-30, 08:19 PM
Too late, Idiot burned it all.

Inglenook
2012-01-30, 08:22 PM
Azmara

Azmara watched incredulously as the creature burst merrily into flames. The sorcerer seemed satisfied and continued down the stairs. Azmara shook her head and followed, wiping the creature's blood from her blade as she went.

At the bottom of the staircase, she paused to glance around the square room.

Inglenook
2012-01-30, 08:23 PM
Perception check: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:25 PM
Azmara notes that the engravings look ancient, and that there is some somewhat less ancient looking graffiti on the door to the right.

Savior
2012-01-30, 08:44 PM
Ursus

Moving down, smiling at his friend's overall actions, he took pride in his assertiveness in the past fight. It showed how much is teachings and training took over in the heat of the moment. Taking up post behind Alpha, he watched the girl look around. He perceives as well as tries to translate some of the engravings.

Perception check: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion check: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:53 PM
Ursus determines that the runes on the three doors are identical. The seem to indicate something about the 7 Runelords of ancient Thassalon.

Inglenook
2012-01-30, 08:59 PM
Azmara

"Good idea," Azmara said. She moved closer to the wall, trying to ascertain the meaning of the runes.

To check for religious significance: Knowledge (Religion) check. [roll0]

To check for any language-related stuff: Linguistics check. [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 09:05 PM
Azmara deciphers the graffiti:

“My heart beats on the
wrong side of my chest, or is it right?
Is left right, or is it
wrong? I don’t know what it means, or why”

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 09:07 PM
Azmara remembers a little about the Runelords after studying the doors:

The Sins of Thassilon

The ancient empire of Thassilon was built upon seven
virtues that were later corrupted into the seven rewards
of rule—envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and
wrath—which in turn became known as the seven great
sins of the soul. Each sin was associated with a school of
magic—envy with abjuration, gluttony with necromancy,
greed with transmutation, lust with enchantment, pride
with illusion, sloth with conjuration, and wrath with
evocation. (Divination was not considered a separate
school of magic). The seven runelords of Thassilon were
masters of both their associated magical schools and
powerful Thassilonian rune magic, and features within
the Godsmouth Ossuary still hearken back to these seven
sins and the magic they represented.

Each party member gains 50xp

meemaas
2012-01-30, 09:08 PM
Alpha

Alpha looks obliviously at the two in front, he makes his small flying fireballs dance in a circle around Ursus's head. "Eenie meenie miney mo."

Savior
2012-01-30, 09:13 PM
Ursus

Without skipping a beat, or looking at away fro mthe walls, ursus talks with a very gruff, demaning voice. "If you wanna keep your motor functions in tact, i would suggest not harming, or implying harm to the guy that just choked out that beast. Not to mention, the fact i can prove it, by how easily i whipped you around." There was a smile on his face, and a chuckle in his tone. This is the only friend Ursus has for you. Someone more clinically anti-social than himself.

meemaas
2012-01-30, 10:02 PM
Alpha

The seemingly out there child continues playing with his spell, now dancing them back and forth between the cleric and the monk, looking as though he wasn't playing attention, nor even hardly listening. "What are we waiting for? I wanna burn something"

Inglenook
2012-01-31, 05:55 PM
Azmara

Ignoring the balls of flame orbiting her head (thanks to the puerile sorcerer), Azmara leaned in close to the graffito and read it aloud to the group, then turned to face them.

"If the heart is on the wrong side of the chest—the right—might it mean the 'heart' of the ossuary lies through the door to the right?"

She motioned toward Jace. "What think you, halfling?"

And does anyone think we'll be seeing magic rune traps, each one associated with a different branch of magic?

WizardSoul
2012-01-31, 07:00 PM
Sounds about reasonable. We need to be careful, though. Only a few charges left. I'll scout out the doors to see if anyone came through here.

Jace makes a survival check near the door on the right, to see if there are any tracks. [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-31, 07:55 PM
No tracks.

Savior
2012-01-31, 09:09 PM
"Look around, in case of a secret entrance. If there is an easy way to get through, I'd rather waste time finding it, than waste the actual magic. Worst comes to worse, Alpha could try and blow the door down. Wouldn't you, Pal?" Ursus looks around the rest of the room, trying to help find gapes in the wall, or other air flows, to show signs of other exits/entrances.

Perception Check: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-31, 09:19 PM
No sign of any secret doors.

meemaas
2012-01-31, 09:20 PM
Alpha

No can do good buddy. Although i wish i could. I'd love to make explosions. Boooooooommmmmm"

Inglenook
2012-01-31, 10:04 PM
Azmara

I'll also look for any hidden doors/air flows/what have you.

Perception check: take 20? Can I do that here? If not: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-31, 10:06 PM
Azmara takes 20 and finds no hidden doors or other clues.

Inglenook
2012-01-31, 10:11 PM
Azmara

After spending several minutes examining the bronze seals locking each of the three doors, Azmara turned to Ursus.

"Could these be the seals that the priestess spoke of? The ones we can unlock with the chimes? If so, we must choose our door carefully, since we can use the chimes only five times."

I'm dumb; I only just now realized what the seals were. :smallredface:

meemaas
2012-01-31, 10:13 PM
Alpha

"Well, all points considering, why don't we just pick a random door and see where it takes us? All this standing around isn't gonna get us anywhere." He starts playing with his dancing fireballs as they spin around his hand.

Inglenook
2012-01-31, 10:17 PM
Azmara

"I think going right is the most prudent choice, given the little information we have. But I concede to the will of the group."

Savior
2012-02-01, 05:02 PM
Ursus

Looking around, caring less and less, since the evidence is piled up that they were the only one's to reach this far. He thinks back to the quote. "If you want to go to the right, based on a quote, think back. Is the left right? I think if you want the quote to lead us, I believe the correct passage is the Left most entrance."

Inglenook
2012-02-01, 05:16 PM
Azmara

Azmara nodded, readying her sword. "Let us see what lies ahead, then. You have the chimes, halfling?"

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 05:28 PM
Jace was given the chimes earlier by the cleric.

Inglenook
2012-02-01, 05:44 PM
Oop, fixed.

WizardSoul
2012-02-01, 05:48 PM
Here they are. If we are all in agreement then let us go on.

Jace moves over to the Left passage as Ursus suggested. He plays the chime for the door.

meemaas
2012-02-01, 05:50 PM
Alpha

The childish magic user walked up in front of the door, and sent his floating lights down the hallway, tilting his head as he watched them light up the way. He stood there with a bemused expression, his fireballs dancing around as they lit the way, he waited for the others to step in.

Savior
2012-02-01, 06:30 PM
Ursus

Catching up quickly, he assumed the role of leader, simply out of brawn. He demonstrated how efficient he is in combat situations, so he hoped the others did not mind. Being in front, but still letting Alpha light the way, Ursus looked around for the constant threat of animosity.

Perception check for the new tunnel/room: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:26 PM
All three doors open.

East, to your right, A large statue stands in the corner of this L-shaped room,
depicting a tall feather emblazoned with a large open eye.
Though apparently carved from stone, the statue gleams
with a golden-green iridescence. A pair of stone doors stands
in the east wall in the short leg of the L.
The room is 10' wide and 40' deep.

West, to your left, is a 10' wide 30' deep corridor, with stone doors at the far west end, and also a turn to the south 25' in.

North, straight ahead is a long 10' wide corridor disappearing ahead into the darkness, with side alcoves every 10'.

Inglenook
2012-02-01, 09:58 PM
Azmara

The half-elf woman gave a rare smile, both surprised and pleased that a single use of the chimes had opened all three doors.

"So which will it be, gentlemen: right or left?" She paused here for a moment, looking momentarily uncertain and vulnerable. "And before we go further I suppose I should introduce myself: I am Azmara, a cleric of Sarenrae. I'm honored to make your acquaintances."

meemaas
2012-02-01, 10:14 PM
Alpha

"Alpha. Just Alpha. I like fire. Fire fire fire fire. Lets sing the Fire song." The childish magic user started moving his hands back and forth as he repeated fire in a sing song voice.

Savior
2012-02-01, 10:44 PM
Ursus

Placing a calm hand over the boy's mouth, he created a pause of conversation for a few moments for the rest of the introductions. "I am Ursus, Monk of Irori. Pleasure, i suppose, to meet you. Since we're speaking of which passage way, the Statue seems important. "

WizardSoul
2012-02-02, 07:14 PM
Jace, halfling extraordinaire at your service. I agree with the dwarf on this. That room up ahead seems less than safe. At least we can see where the other ones lead.

Inglenook
2012-02-02, 07:50 PM
Since it seems to be the consensus, we'll enter the room to the right, with the statue.

Savior
2012-02-02, 07:55 PM
Ursus

Ursus removes his hand from the child, and he walks forward to the door. He assumed the role of lead once more, but held up to allow the others to lone up behind him.

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 07:59 PM
The party enters the eastern room. It is as described above.

Inglenook
2012-02-02, 08:04 PM
Azmara

Perception Check: take 20, assuming we have plenty of time to look around and I'm allowed. If not: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 08:13 PM
Carved into the floor between the western doors and the
statue is the following inscription:

“Though veiled behind
the plumage of the soul, the Eye still sees, unblinking,
through all the ages, from the beginning to the end of
time. When the Three are One, and the spirit becomes
flesh, the Seal may be opened and the Sleepers awakened.
And the glorious apocalypse shall consume us all.”

The doors to the east are featureless except for
a strangely shaped depression where they meet. There is no movement of air at all, either it is an exceptionally tight fitting pair of doors, or it is not a door at all.

Inglenook
2012-02-02, 08:23 PM
Azmara

Azmara reads the inscription aloud to the rest of the party, frowning at the mention of the "Sleepers" and glorious apocalypse.

Knowledge (History) check to see if Azmara knows whether or not the Sleepers are historical figures: [roll0]

She then made her way over to the statue of the feather with the eye.

Knowledge (Religion) check to see if Azmara can identify this as a religious symbol: [roll1]
Knowledge (History) check to see if has symbolic meaning for some historical group: [roll2]
Knowledge (Nobility) check, same as above but for some ruler: [roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 08:27 PM
"Sleepers" means nothing to Azmara.

This room is a shrine to a mysterious and esoteric
god of ancient Thassilon. The obscure deity is the Peacock Spirit, a
god of mind, body, and soul, whose worship ended with
the empire’s fall.

50xp each

meemaas
2012-02-02, 08:29 PM
Alpha

The young mage moved up to the statue quickly, engrossed in staring at it. He tries to reach up to touch the eye, or grab on it.

Inglenook
2012-02-02, 08:34 PM
Oops, meant to make a Knowledge (Religion) check for the Sleepers/apocalypse thing as well, since it sounds religious in nature. [roll0]

Savior
2012-02-02, 08:56 PM
Ursus

Grabbing the young boy by the waist, he sets Alpha onto his shoulders, allowing him to play with the eyes that entranced him. At the same time, he began to study the statue for any relation to the religion that the guide mentioned. He also attempts the same thing as the girl, but he mainly focuses on the statue itself, not the writing or the other things.

Knowledge Nobility on the statue: [roll0]
Knowledge religion on the statue: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 10:17 PM
The party can recall nothing about "sleepers," and nothing further about the statue.

Alpha touches the eye.

perception:[roll0]

He finds nothing of interest.

meemaas
2012-02-02, 10:28 PM
Alpha

The child put both hands on either side of the eye, and started tugging at it, trying to pull it free from the statue out of curiousity.

I dunno if i need it, but just in case, strength check to remove the eye. Lets hope i'm not gonna bring the place down on us. [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 10:30 PM
The eye fails to move despite Alpha's tugging.

meemaas
2012-02-02, 10:31 PM
Alpha

He starts to pout, and points at the eye, a small ray of fire shooting at it dead on.

Casts ray of fire on the eyeball

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 10:32 PM
The ray of fire hits the eye with no apparent effect.

Savior
2012-02-02, 10:33 PM
Ursus

Smiling at his young companion, he looks around at the rest of the party. "So, who wants to move on?"

Inglenook
2012-02-02, 10:35 PM
Azmara

Amzara couldn't help but smirk as she watched the teenage boy tug in vain at the eye. "Perhaps it's just ornamentation?" she suggested.

Still, better safe than sorry. After waiting for the boy to stop and the dwarf to step aside, Azmara jumped up and attempted to grab and manipulate the eye.

Strength check to pull/push/move the eye? [roll0]

WizardSoul
2012-02-03, 08:42 PM
Jace moves over to where thedoors on the east are. He tries to determine if there is anything strange about them.

If you ask me, we should try to search the other rooms. Just because this place is empty doesn't meanthe others are too.

Perception- [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 08:49 PM
Azmara

Still, better safe than sorry. After waiting for the boy to stop and the dwarf to step aside, Azmara jumped up and attempted to grab and manipulate the eye.

Strength check to pull/push/move the eye? [roll0]

The eye fails to move.

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 08:52 PM
Jace moves over to where thedoors on the east are. He tries to determine if there is anything strange about them.

Perception- [roll0]

The doors to the east are featureless except for a small
strangely shaped depression where they meet. There is no movement of air at all, either it is an exceptionally tight fitting pair of doors, or it is not a door at all.

WizardSoul
2012-02-03, 09:07 PM
Jace cautiously pushes one of his hands against it.

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 09:11 PM
Jace cautiously pushes one of his hands against it.

The doors, if that is what they are, do not move under the pressure of Jace's hands.

Inglenook
2012-02-03, 09:16 PM
There's obviously something wonky about that eye, since Alpha had to do a perception check when first messing with it. Maybe Jace and Ursus can try fiddling with it? (The idea of putting a dwarf on my back makes me smile.)

Otherwise I'm fine exploring the other rooms.

Savior
2012-02-03, 11:58 PM
Sure, if you think you can hold me up. I think i have a good enough mod. not like i'm tall enough alone. Or worth anything else.

Inglenook
2012-02-04, 09:25 PM
Azmara attempts to hoist Ursus onto her shoulders so he can try his hand at the eye, and Jace as well, if he wants.

Dunno if I need a strength check for that or not. "A character can lift as much as his or her maximum load over his or her head. A character can lift as much as double his or her maximum load off the ground, but he or she can only stagger around with it. While overloaded in this way, the character loses any Dexterity bonus to AC and can move only 5 feet per round (as a full-round action)." Ursus is only 150 lb. and I can't imagine Jace being any more if he wants to try as well.

Xeno55
2012-02-04, 11:06 PM
Azmara may lift either of the characters, and we will assume he does so if requested. The other two players may take actions with this in mind.

Savior
2012-02-04, 11:51 PM
Ursus

Becoming lifted by the surprisingly resilient Cleric, Ursus attempts his hand at grappling with the accursed eye. He pulls on it with all of his heart. At the same time, he tries to notice any budgings, or pullies. Anything that looks uncertain, or overall something that should not happen to be there.

Strength Check: [roll0]
Perception Check: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-05, 07:43 AM
Ursus notices nothing unusual about the eye, and despite his strength the eye is not effected.

Savior
2012-02-05, 05:36 PM
Ursus

"Blasted all. I think nothing we do will get the darn thing out. Sorry pal." Ursus looks over to Alpha after hopping down off of the cleric's shoulders. He ruffles the young man's hair ,but then pushes on around the statue.

Inglenook
2012-02-06, 02:33 PM
If Jace doesn't want to try it out then I agree that we should move on.

meemaas
2012-02-07, 12:15 AM
I do so think its time to leave. We've been wasting time here for too long, and to little avail. we should be blasting stuff still

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:50 AM
If Jace doesn't want to try it out then I agree that we should move on.

Jace's last post on this thread was the 3rd. He is behind on posting, so his character is now inactive. It would be a good thing if someone from the party PM'd him and encouraged him to post.

It might make sense for either the monk or the cleric to get in front and start the party moving again.

Savior
2012-02-07, 06:37 PM
Ursus

Assuming the leadership roll, he shuffles his young lad to fall in in a protective line, the Cleric picking up the rear. He keeps strong hands up, trying to keep a straight path through the nearest open door. "Stay alert. Alpha, try not to burn us. As for everything else, i give you full encouragement to blast it all."

meemaas
2012-02-07, 06:38 PM
Alpha

He smiles brightly, stepping up behind his friend, his floating flames still circling around Ursus, while he tries to grab one of them out of the air."does this mean i get to burn something now?"

Savior
2012-02-07, 06:43 PM
Ursus

Yes, little one, you may.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:02 PM
The closest door would be the one to the north. The party back tracks to the room with the spiral staircase, then goes straight north.

Ahead stretches a 10' wide corridor with alcoves every 10'.

Bodies wrapped in age-yellowed linens lie in alcoves lining
both sides of this wide corridor. Thick cobwebs hang from
the ceiling and drape the walls of the crypt; everything is
coated in a deep layer of dust.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:07 PM
perception

Ursus[roll0]
Alpha[roll1]
Azmara[roll2]

Everyone notices strange symbols above the alcoves. Ursus and Azmara notice skulls moving in the shadows.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:11 PM
Initiative

Ursus[roll0]
Azmara[roll1]

Skulls[roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:12 PM
Azmara may take actions, then the skulls will take actions.

Inglenook
2012-02-07, 07:23 PM
Azmara

Azmara reacted instinctively, swinging her scimitar at the nearest disembodied skull.

Going to walk to the grocery, so I'll be back in an hour to continue if you guys will still be on. :)

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:32 PM
Azmara damages one of the skull things. They seem like they have something inside them, like a crustacean in a shell. Whatever they are they attack.
vs Ursus[roll0]
vs Ursus[roll1]
vs Alpha[roll2]
vs Azmara[roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:35 PM
Alpha is hit taking 1 point of damage.

Fortitude save vs poison

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:36 PM
Alpha saves against poison. He was surprised, so he does not get an action yet. Both Ursus and Azmara may take actions.

Inglenook
2012-02-07, 07:40 PM
Azmara

Somewhat comforted by the fact that the skulls don't seem to be animated undead, she attacks again.

Savior
2012-02-07, 07:42 PM
Ursus

Shrugging off the two attacks like a legitimate badass, Ursus moves in closer to one of his attackers, rearing back with a nice slamming fist. He follows through nicely, being less of a pacifist in times of war. He takes a breath after the slam, hoping to crack through.

Standard Action: Unarmed strike against one baddy that attacked Ursus.
-Attack: [roll0]
-Damage: [roll1]
Move Action: None.
Swift Action: Five-foot step (If needed.)
Free Action: Be a Legitimate badass.

-Stats-

Hp:10
Stunning Fist:1/1

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:06 PM
The creatures dodge nimbly aside and continue to attack.

vs Ursus[roll0]
vs Ursus[roll1]
vs Alpha[roll2]
vs Azmara[roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:10 PM
Alpha is hit for zero damage.

Fortitude save: [roll0]

And he saves vs poison.

All PCs may take actions in any order.

Savior
2012-02-07, 08:21 PM
Ursus

Fed up with the willy-nilly, Ursus sinks in once more, for the one who dodged, and attempted a greater attack, his amazing grapple. Hoping this time to make contact, Ursus prays softly inside his head to Irori.

Standard Action: Attempt to Grapple same foe.
-Attack?: [roll0]
Move Action: None
Swift Action: Same Five-foot step as last time, only if needed.
Free Action: Pray to Irori (Fluff.)

-Stats-

meemaas
2012-02-07, 08:24 PM
Alpha

Alpha growls, and reaches out towards the first skull that hit him. "BURN!!!!!!" His hand bursts into flames as he tries to grab the skull and set it on fire in turn.

Move action:None
Standard action: Cast Flaming Grasp (Shocking Grasp)

Flaming grasp:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Stats
HP:6
Elemental Ray 7/7

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:32 PM
Ursus

Fed up with the willy-nilly, Ursus sinks in once more, for the one who dodged, and attempted a greater attack, his amazing grapple. Hoping this time to make contact, Ursus prays softly inside his head to Irori.

Ursus grabs one of the skulls with relative ease. There is a spider like thing inside it.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:33 PM
Alpha

Alpha growls, and reaches out towards the first skull that hit him. "BURN!!!!!!" His hand bursts into flames as he tries to grab the skull and set it on fire in turn.

Alpha misses his attack.

Inglenook
2012-02-07, 09:29 PM
Azmara attempts to strike at the skull-creature that Ursus has grabbed hold of.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 10:34 PM
Azmara slays the creature held by Ursus. The remaining creatures attack.

vs Ursus[roll0]
vs Alpha[roll1]
vs Azmara[roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 10:44 PM
Alpha is hit again, taking zero points of damage.

Poison save[roll0]

Failing the save he takes one point of constitution damage.

All three PCs may take actions.

Inglenook
2012-02-07, 11:38 PM
With one of the skulls disposed of, the cleric turned to the next one.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 11:53 PM
The cleric smashes and destroys another skull.

meemaas
2012-02-08, 03:48 PM
Alpha

The young man growls, grabbing at the closest skull again with both hands, the fire from his previous spell still covering his hand.

Move action:None
Standard action: Touch attack for Flaming Grasp

Flaming grasp:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Stats
HP:5
Con:12
Elemental Ray 7/7

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 05:08 PM
Alpha's attack misses.

Savior
2012-02-08, 05:11 PM
Ursus

Ursus lunges at the one enemy left untended. He does the same as last time, motioning both arms towards the baddy, in an attempt to enthrall both arms in a clinch around it's structure. He looks over to the rapier wielding woman. "Please, help the young lad, i have this under my own control." He bows his head, praying to Irori.

Move action: None.
Standard action: Grapple at enemy.
-Attack: [roll0]
Swift action: None.
Free action: Pray to Irori as before.

-Stats-

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 05:19 PM
Ursus successfully grapples a skull.

Savior
2012-02-08, 05:46 PM
Should i go ahead and attack? Or do we wait for Historia?

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 05:55 PM
It is Azmara's turn to attack, if unsuccessful the creature has an action - although it will no doubt be it's last action before death.

Inglenook
2012-02-08, 07:20 PM
Azmara

Heeding the dwarf's instruction, Azmara moved in front of the wounded sorcerer, shielding him from the skulls as best she could before attacking.

I thought I already expended my turn for this round (my "the cleric turned to the next one" post)? Not that I'm complaining! :smallbiggrin:

Move Action: move in front of Alpha if possible.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:00 PM
Azmara

Heeding the dwarf's instruction, Azmara moved in front of the wounded sorcerer, shielding him from the skulls as best she could before attacking.

I thought I already expended my turn for this round (my "the cleric turned to the next one" post)? Not that I'm complaining! :smallbiggrin:

Move Action: move in front of Alpha if possible.

I think you are right, so I guess you got an extra round due to GM screw up, although at least you had the courtesy not to hit the monster.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:02 PM
The creature attacks Ursus

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:04 PM
Critical confirmation

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:08 PM
Ursus takes 2 points of damage and must save vs poison.

[roll0]

He fails his save and takes one point of constitution damage.

Everyone may now attack the remaining 2 skulls in any order.

Savior
2012-02-08, 08:15 PM
Ursus

Ursus Strikes down on the Skull, in an attempt to attack the beast, by slamming it against all of his body, in much of a bear hugging fashion. As the motion is made, he closes eyes, and prays to Irori fro the strength.

Standard Action: Attack on Baddy.
-Attack roll (If needed): [roll0]
-Damage: [roll1]
Move Action: None.
Swift Action: None.
Free action: Prayer to Irori.

-Stats-

Hp:7

meemaas
2012-02-08, 08:23 PM
Not to split hairs, but i thought there were still two skulls alive. I only see evidence of two skulls dying.

Alpha
Too lazy for a description
Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 08:26 PM
Ursus crushes one skull into a slimy mess. Alpha misses his attack.

There is one skull left for Azmara to attack.

Inglenook
2012-02-08, 08:27 PM
Azmara

And attack she does!

Savior
2012-02-08, 08:37 PM
You Critted Historia.

Inglenook
2012-02-08, 08:43 PM
Ah, yep, was flipping through trying to find the crit rules again. Someone correct me if I do this wrong, please. :c x

Confirm Critical Hit: [roll0]

meemaas
2012-02-08, 08:46 PM
Crit rules. when you hit a critical threat, you roll, and if you roll a hit, you roll damage an extra number of times equal to your crit modifier. In your case, that would be once more, including all modifiers to damage you normally get. In other words, if you roll an 18, 19, or 20. you need to roll again, as though you were attacking normally.

Inglenook
2012-02-08, 08:49 PM
I'm assuming my confirmation roll was a miss, but if not …

Extra Damage: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:08 PM
Doesn't matter, you finish off the last one.

125xp each

The party may take actions as they wish. I believe Ursus is still poisoned, and he should roll a fortitude save to try to fight it off.

Savior
2012-02-08, 09:16 PM
Ursus
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:20 PM
Ursus loses a second constitution point, and the poison fades away.

Savior
2012-02-08, 09:38 PM
Ursus

Coughing a bit, Ursus steadies up with help from a wall. He stumbles on, gathering inner strength, and moving forward. "Let's go.."

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 09:42 PM
Ahead to the north are two large bronze doors. Back to the south is as previously described.

Inglenook
2012-02-08, 09:56 PM
Azmara

The half-elf quickly eyed the others' wounds. They were mostly fine for now, but if they were injured any further they would need to be healed. Hopefully they could solve the mystery behind the missing corpses before anyone else was harmed.

"Shall we continue onward?" she asked her companions, motioning toward the great bronze doors with the tip of her scimitar.

Savior
2012-02-08, 10:01 PM
Ursus

"Of course.. Job's a job.. We gave our word, we WILL finish this all the way through...You take lead, and we'll follow, me bringing up the rear.." He moves behind Alpha, moving Alpha behind Azmara, and in front of himself.

Xeno55
2012-02-08, 10:01 PM
The corridor ends in a pair of massive bronze doors. They open with surprising ease, revealing:

The ceiling of this cavernous chamber vaults to a height of
sixty feet, forming an architectural wonder unsupported by
any visible columns or buttresses. Forty feet overhead, a
wide stone bridge with an elaborately carved railing arches
over the chamber from north to south, joining two sets of
massive bronze doors at either end. The central portion of
the chamber contains an inlaid spiral symbol and is recessed
into the floor, with eight staircases leading up to a wide ledge
that encircles the room ten feet above. On this ledge stand
bronze doors to the east and west. Eight larger-than-life
statues stand upon the ledge as well, evenly spaced around
the room’s circumference—seven carved from white stone,
and the eighth carved from black stone.

The party is on the "wide stone bridge" described above, entering the chamber from the south. It would be easy to move north, or to retreat back the way you came. It would be possible in theory to figure out a way to drop 30' down to the lower ledge, or 40' to the lowest part of the room.

Savior
2012-02-09, 07:10 PM
I think Azmara should choose what we do.

Inglenook
2012-02-09, 07:30 PM
Azmara

The cleric peered cautiously over the edge of the stone bridge to examine the inlaid spiral and the statues below.

To see if I recognize anything about the strange spiral:
- Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Religion) checks — take 20 if I'm allowed; if not: [roll0] and [roll1]

To see if I recognize anything about the statues:
- Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (Nobility) checks — take 20 again, or [roll2], [roll3] and [roll4] respectively

meemaas
2012-02-09, 08:33 PM
Alpha

The young man leaned on Azmara's shoulders, looking to see what she saw, the lights subconsciously floated down to light the way.

Bit out of place, but since he's actually looking, its a good time to actually do some.

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (planes) [roll1]

And then to follow the lead of the Cleric, for the statues. As an offchance
Knowledge (arcana) [roll2]
Knowledge (planes) [roll3]

Savior
2012-02-09, 09:25 PM
Ursus

Pulling out his tome, he reads while the others cover the area of intelligence and wisdom. He keeps alert however, about the areas around themselves. He opens eyes and ears to the surroundings, trying to perceive the probability of attack or a fate worse.

Perception: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 09:44 PM
Azmara

The cleric peered cautiously over the edge of the stone bridge to examine the inlaid spiral and the statues below.

To see if I recognize anything about the strange spiral:
- Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Religion) checks — take 20 if I'm allowed; if not: [roll0] and [roll1]

To see if I recognize anything about the statues:
- Knowledge (History), Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (Nobility) checks — take 20 again, or [roll2], [roll3] and [roll4] respectively

The spiral is an ancient rendering of the spiral of Pharasma.

Seven of the room’s statues are carved from white
marble with exquisite detail. Each statue portrays
a different figure, though the figures all bear an
imperious mien. Severus recognizes the statues as
the seven runelords of ancient Thassilon.
Clockwise around the cathedral,
starting with the southwestern statue , the
statues depict: a tall man with gems set in his
forehead, wielding a flaming glaive (Karzoug, Runelord
of Greed); a beautiful woman with wild hair, holding
a ranseur (Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath); a voluptuous,
nude woman wielding a two-headed guisarme (Sorshen,
Runelord of Lust); a short, smiling man holding a
longspear (Krune, Runelord of Sloth); an obese man
with rotting flesh, wielding a scythe (Zutha, Runelord
of Gluttony); a handsome, bearded man in extravagant
clothes, wielding a lucerne hammer (Xanderghul,
Runelord of Pride); and an imperious, heavyset woman
holding a mirror and a halberd (Belimarius, Runelord
of Envy).

The eighth statue (in the south-southeast part of
the room) is carved from dark diorite and is threefold
in form, portraying a tall woman with three faces
looking in three different directions. One side has a
kind face and cradles a baby in its arms, while a second
side displays a more stern expression and holds an
hourglass. The third face has a crazed look; its hands
are empty, but thornless roses twine up both arms. The statue
as an archaic representation of Pharasma in her three
aspects: the midwife, the reaper, and the prophet.

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 09:51 PM
The party has previously accumulated 325 xp each, IDing the statues generates another 400 xp, for a total of:

725 xp, 1300 is a level.

Inglenook
2012-02-09, 11:53 PM
Azmara

"Perhaps we should avoid the lower area for now," Azmara said, remembering that the runelords were each associated with a potentially deadly branch of magic. "I suggest we either continue to the north or head back and explore the left-hand room that we passed by."

Savior
2012-02-10, 07:19 PM
Ursus

"I leave that decision all up to you."

Inglenook
2012-02-10, 07:46 PM
Azmara

Azmara pursed her lips. "Very well, then. Let's head back and try the other room. I do not like the idea of being trapped on the other side of that bridge were something to sneak up behind us and block the way."

We will be heading back through the passage with the niches and the room with the three bronze doors to explore the room we haven't yet searched.

Savior
2012-02-10, 08:20 PM
Ursus

"Very well." Spinning on his heels, he walks down the bridge towards the room the Cleric wished to discover.

meemaas
2012-02-10, 08:22 PM
Alpha

The young man stops leaning on Azmara, and runs after Ursus, jumping onto his back and clinging to it, he'd be hanging on the other's back. "Wheeeeeeeee"

Savior
2012-02-10, 08:24 PM
Ursus

Smiling at his young pal, he giddied up like a horse, and ran, galloping down the bridge.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 09:09 PM
The party returns back to where they started, and then goes west, entering the room with the half snake half human statue. They open the door to the west.

The corridor stretches ahead into a T intersection 50' to the west. On the south wall 20' down is a door. There is also an opening in the north wall 10' down, which is another 10' wide corridor. Looking down this corridor it extents to the north out of sight, and there are doors to both the left and right walls 20' down.

Savior
2012-02-10, 09:27 PM
Ursus

Setting the child back on his own feet, Ursus looks around for any particularities on the more focal point of the corridor and room, the Statue.

Knowledge Religion: [roll1]
Knowledge History: [roll2]

Inglenook
2012-02-10, 09:40 PM
I think I'm a little confused as to where we are. "West, to your left, is a 10' wide 30' deep corridor, with stone doors at the far west end, and also a turn to the south 25' in" is where I was hoping we'd go. I don't remember any sort of naga statue.

I made a really crappy map. Could you point out roughly where we are, Xeno? :smallfrown:

http://i.imgur.com/Yk6KD.png

ETA: Oops, I put the "turn to the south 25' in" going north instead.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 10:24 PM
Very impressive! You are almost exactly correct. Add a doorway where you have the arrow, which must be opened to go east or west. Also a southern alcove just east of the doorway. In the alcove is the statue. Add a door in the southern wall about halfway down from the arrow. The corridor going west turns into a T North-South, not into a door.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 10:31 PM
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]
Knowledge History: [roll2]

The statue:

A strange statue of a half-snake, half-human creature stands
in a wide alcove to the south of two large stone doors.
Comprising the lower body of a coiling serpent and the
upper torso of a human woman, the statue has six wings and
a disk containing a seven-pointed star in place of its head. Its
crossed arms hold a quill and whip, and the entire statue is
covered in verdigris. The faint outline of strange runes can
be made out beneath the patina coating the statue.

Ursus sees nothing to help identify the statue, although it is obvious that it is very old.

meemaas
2012-02-10, 10:58 PM
Alpha

The young man walked up to the statue, entranced with it like before. He'd reach out and touch the statue, his hand still charged with his spell from the fight before, it would discharge onto the statue.

I never did hit anyone with that spell, and its either that, or i lit Azmara on fire when i leaned on her.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 11:11 PM
The young man walked up to the statue, entranced with it like before. He'd reach out and touch the statue, his hand still charged with his spell from the fight before, it would discharge onto the statue.

Flame discharges as Alpha touches the statue. The statue is undamaged. Oddly, he feels a little tougher, as if he could take a little more damage.

Alpha has +1 hit point as per the spell virtue, which will disappear after absorbing a point of damage.

Inglenook
2012-02-11, 03:13 AM
Azmara

Ah, I think I've got it now. Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/ee0FV.png
Azmara also examines the statue.

I think I figured out when I'm allowed to take 20 as well. I can take 20 for perception right now because we're unharried and I can theoretically check it over and over again until I roll a 20, right? But I can't take a d20 for Knowledge checks because they represent the sum of my what I can remember about a given topic?

Perception check: take 20
Knowledge (Arcana) check for the rune: [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (History) checks for the statue's significance: [roll1] and [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 06:11 AM
Azmara

Ah, I think I've got it now. Like this?

http://i.imgur.com/ee0FV.png
Azmara also examines the statue.

I think I figured out when I'm allowed to take 20 as well. I can take 20 for perception right now because we're unharried and I can theoretically check it over and over again until I roll a 20, right? But I can't take a d20 for Knowledge checks because they represent the sum of my what I can remember about a given topic?

Perception check: take 20
Knowledge (Arcana) check for the rune: [roll0]
Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (History) checks for the statue's significance: [roll1] and [roll2]

The map is perfect, and your deductions about take 20 are correct. In a well equipped library it could be possible to take 20 on knowledge checks.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 06:13 AM
Like the shrine to the east, this room is dedicated to
another forgotten god. This deity is Lissala, goddess of runes,
fate, and the reward of service. Her worship was common in
old Thassilon, but has died out in modern times.

Each party member gains 50 xp

Inglenook
2012-02-11, 01:25 PM
Azmara

Rubbing away at the dust and grime covering the statue, Azmara tried to decipher the meaning of the runes.

Linguistics check: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 09:34 PM
Azmara

Rubbing away at the dust and grime covering the statue, Azmara tried to decipher the meaning of the runes.

Linguistics check: [roll0]

Azmara finds them meaningless, possibly decorative.

Inglenook
2012-02-11, 09:55 PM
Azmara

"Where to now?" the cleric asked her companions. "Shall we try the southern door?"

Savior
2012-02-11, 09:59 PM
Ursus

"Sure. Me and Alpha support that decision. Right Alpha?"

meemaas
2012-02-11, 10:00 PM
Alpha

The young man turned and nodded excitedly, still touching the statue repeatedly

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 10:03 PM
The door to the south is either stuck or perhaps bared from the other side. It will not push open and there is no sign of a lock. It is a stout wooden door, possibly it could be broken down with enough time and effort.

Savior
2012-02-11, 10:09 PM
Ursus

Assuming the knowledge of his small friend's pyromaniac personality, Ursus attempts a check on the door, to notice if it is made of kindling wood, or not.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 10:19 PM
The door could be made to burn, although not easily. The most efficient way to take it down would probably be a combination of hatchet work to create splinters followed by fire using the splinters as kindling, and then repeat until the door breaks open.

Savior
2012-02-11, 10:32 PM
Ursus

"Well. I assume that we will wait for me to tear the door a bit?" Ursus moves in to the door ,and rears his elbow backwards. Unleashing it forwards, he attempts to dig a large enough hole into the exact middle of the door.

Attack Roll[roll0] Damage roll: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 10:48 PM
Ursus rips and tears at the wood for a few rounds, and then Alpha scorches and burns the door for a few rounds. The wood does not burn easily, buy Alpha is dedicated to his task, and weakens the door for Ursus to then tear away more easily. After about 10 minutes the door seems ready to break open, one strong blow would smash a man size hole in the middle of it.

Savior
2012-02-11, 11:09 PM
Ursus

Ursus smashes once more into the scorched wood. He uses all of his body weight as his weapon, his shoulder slams greatly into the target area.

Attack: [roll0] Damage[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 11:19 PM
Ursus

Ursus smashes once more into the scorched wood. He uses all of his body weight as his weapon, his shoulder slams greatly into the target area.

Attack: [roll0] Damage[roll1]

Ursus bursts through the weakened door, splintering the wood and knocking aside the bar that once held the door. He is in a 5' x 5' area, which opens into a larger room to the south.

Biers of solid gold encrusted with glittering gems lie against the
walls of this chamber. Golden candelabras stand nearby, empty
of candles, and the walls depict a glorious afterlife filled with
riches and luxury, painted in bright pigments and gold leaf.

The room is 10' deep, and extents out or sight to the east and the west.

Savior
2012-02-11, 11:21 PM
Ursus

"That was fun. Shall we go on?" Ursus puts his book back up, but not before thanking Irori for all his help.

Inglenook
2012-02-11, 11:54 PM
Azmara

Azmara stared at the piles of riches, her expression unreadable. Such wealth could accomplish much greater good in the service of Sarenrae than sitting in a moldering crypt for Gods know how long. But it was highly unlikely that such treasure would be left unguarded.

The cleric stretched out her hand, drawing forth energy from her goddess.

Azmara casts Detect Magic and holds it for three rounds, if possible.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 11:59 PM
The cleric stretched out her hand, drawing forth energy from her goddess.

Azmara casts Detect Magic and holds it for three rounds, if possible.

There are no magical auras detected. Of course no one has entered the room yet, so it is possible that magic could be detected around the corner to the east or the west.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 12:07 AM
Azmara

Raising her scimitar defensively, Azmara steps into the room and looks around.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 12:10 AM
As Azmara cautiously enters the room, she is attacked by two flanking opponents.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hit twice Azmara takes 10 hp of damage and is disabled.

Disabled (0 Hit Points)

When your current hit point total drops to exactly 0, you are disabled.

You gain the staggered condition and can only take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at –1 hit points and dying.

Healing that raises your hit points above 0 makes you fully functional again, just as if you'd never been reduced to 0 or fewer hit points.

Savior
2012-02-12, 12:17 AM
Ursus

Since walking behind her, Ursus lifts a potion from his pouch, shield of faith. He drinks it in a hurry, gaining more resistance to attackers.

Retrieve potion as a move action, and drink it as a standard action. If allowed. Did not know whether this was a surprise round or not.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 12:19 AM
The attackers are two wingless yet avian humanoids that resemble crows or ravens. Both are armed with daggers.

The players may move in any order, although there is a problem that the entry into the room is only 5' wide. If Azmara takes a step back 5' then there would be room for one PC to fight. Or a PC could push through into the room, but the enemy would get opportunity attacks.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 12:21 AM
Ursus

Since walking behind her, Ursus lifts a potion from his pouch, shield of faith. He drinks it in a hurry, gaining more resistance to attackers.

Retrieve potion as a move action, and drink it as a standard action. If allowed. Did not know whether this was a surprise round or not.

In this case I gave the monsters initiative but not a full surprise round. So you successfully retrieve the potion and drink it down.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 12:25 AM
Azmara

Blood pouring from her wounds, Azmara staggers out into the hallway, hoping she can heal before it's too late.

Move Action: 5' or however much it takes to get back into the hall.

Savior
2012-02-12, 12:33 AM
Ursus

Ursus moves in to the nearest beast, giving hell onto it with his specialty of grappling.

Standard Action: Enter Fighting Defensively: +2 Ac -4 to attack. (+4 AC total with the combination of Shield of Faith.) Attack the nearest avian form with Grappling. -Attack: [roll0]
Move Action:Pull Azmara away from the beasts ( If allowed as a move action. If not, Ursus will do this as a standard action. Just close distance.
Swift action: Move to the first beast.
Free action: Be a hero?

AC:18

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:33 AM
Azmara staggers 5' back, avoiding the triggering an opportunity attack by not moving any further.

Ursus grapples the avian like creature to the east - just barely managing to grip the creature in a bear hug.

Alpha is up. Azmara is blocking his way to the enemy. If he moves through Azmara he will suffer an attack of opportunity by one of the enemy.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 07:42 AM
Alpha

Looking wide eyed at all the blood bleeding from his new friend, he removes the potion of healing he was given earlier and, opening it, helps her drink it.

Retrieve my potion of cure light wounds and either give it to Azmara or help her drink it. [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:51 AM
Alpha heals Azmara up to 2 hit points, Asmara is no longer disabled.

The western creature, who is not grappled, strikes at Ursus.

[roll0]

The creature misses.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:53 AM
The avian humanoid attempts to escape the grapple.

[roll0]

It fails to escape.

All party members may take actions in any order.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 01:33 PM
Alpha

He raises his hand, a bolt of fire flashing from it tiwards the enemy Ursus was holding.

Elemental ray. [roll0]
[roll1]

Could be wrong on damage. Doing this from work.

Also, i believe Azmara was healed to two, because i forgot the modifier to the healing.

Savior
2012-02-12, 02:42 PM
Ursus

Ursus attempts a great squeeze on his grappled foe, in an attempt to crack each of it's spinal cords. He turns to give Alpha a better shot as well.

Standard Action: Attempt a damaging squeeze on acquired foe.
-Damage: [roll0]
Move Action: Stay in same space, but turn clock wise to give a better shot for Alpha. (If not allowed, then no move action.)
Swift Action: None.
Free Action: None.

AC:18

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 02:51 PM
Ursus inflicts heavy damage on his black feathered opponent. He turns to give a shot to Alpha. Alpha, blocked somewhat by Azmara, misses.

Azmara is up.

Using a free action the Avian creature grappled by Ursus squawks:

Let go of me you Dwarvish freak! We thought you were more undead! Squawk!

Free actions may be performed at any time. Talking is a free action.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 04:33 PM
Azmara

"Ursus, wait! Perhaps they are not our enemies!" Azmara cried. She addressed the avian creature that the dwarf was grappling: "What is your purpose in the crypt? Are you responsible for the bodies disappearing?"

While waiting for the raven-thing to draw enough breath to respond (due to Ursus's tight hold), Azmara placed a hand on her injuries and quickly whispered the words of a spell of healing spell.

Free Action: speak to the birdie
Standard Action: channel "Obscuring Mist" stored spell into Cure Light Wounds on myself
Damage Healed: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 04:44 PM
It is the Avian creatures action. The one that is not grappled could attack, but delays his action instead.

The grappled creature responds:

We just broke in looking for shiny-shinies! And then Fisk got killed by the Dead-Thing and we barricaded ourselves in here! Kind Healer-Thing, make the Dwarf let me go!

Savior
2012-02-12, 04:50 PM
Ursus

"So you are thieves? That constitutes a miss doing. Punishment seems fitting." Ursus squeezes a bit tighter, waiting for more of a reason to relase the Avian-morph. "You all also almost killed my friend. And nearly crippled Alpha's mind with this violence. So, what do we get in favor for our mercy and generosity?"

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 04:54 PM
Xeno, I cast the cure spell on myself, not the raven-thingy.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 04:58 PM
Xeno, I cast the cure spell on myself, not the raven-thingy.

Corrected by edit. I thought it was a little generous.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 04:59 PM
Dwarf-Thing it was a mistake. Very sorry now. You can have all the shiny-shinies. We just want to get out of this terrible place.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 05:03 PM
Azmara

"If I heal you, will you tell us more about the undead you encountered? And how you plan to leave the crypts? The only way out that we know of is locked."

Savior
2012-02-12, 05:09 PM
Ursus

Ursus drops the questioned Avian. He stays close, but allows for communication. He keeps his eyes on the morph he never attacked, but who attacked him. "I'd advise you speak the truth."

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 05:20 PM
Yes, Yes we talk, talk, talk. Way out go through door, go west, turn south, take tunnel out to cliffside. Very close, very easy.

Dead-Thing smell sweet, body of Soft-Woman-Thing, Sharp-Claws, Head-Skull-Thing, Long-Long Tongue. Very dangerous, kill Fisk-Friend, kill you too, best we all leave this terrible place.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 05:35 PM
Azmara

"Thank you," Azmara said, raising her holy emblem. It began to glow with the power of her goddess, and a burst of energy swept out from it.

Azmara channels energy, healing all living creatures in a 30' radius for [roll0] points.

Oh, and an updated map?
http://i.imgur.com/jvh3l.png
"Go with the blessing of Sarenrae … but do be more careful next time, yes?"

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 05:43 PM
The two Tengu rogues thank you profusely, and then stealthily exit the room, presumably to exit the dungeon.

And your map is, once again, accurate.

Savior
2012-02-12, 05:44 PM
Ursus

Ursus walks back to his small friend, and rubs his head. "How are you feeling buddy?"

meemaas
2012-02-12, 05:55 PM
Alpha

The young man tilted his head. He had been watching without saying anything the entire time. "Better? Why aren't we hurting them for hurting our friend?"

Savior
2012-02-12, 05:59 PM
Ursus

"She's got a kind heart. I know you're not used to it, and heck, neither am I, but it was her decision. And to be fair, she made a good one. Do you need to rest for a bit before we go on? Same goes to you, Azmara. Shall we rest for a bit, recollect our bearings?" Ursus peers everyone over, seeing the exhaust that lines the air.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 06:02 PM
Alpha

Halfway through his sentence alpha stopped paying attention and returned to playing with his floating lights.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 06:03 PM
Azmara

"People behave foolishly when frightened, young sorcerer. And the only effective weapon against fear is mercy, not retribution," Azmara said, prodding her remaining wounds.

She glanced at the gem-encrusted treasures, making a mental note to return before returning to the world above.

"I could use some refreshment, but is it safe to rest here?"

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 06:11 PM
Experience points are now at

1000 xp each

including the defeat of the Tengu.

Savior
2012-02-12, 06:12 PM
Ursus

"Sure. They said that they had killed everything already. And if not, I will happily stand some form of guard." Ursus pulls on Alpha's body, bringing him into the nice room with shiny objects. After, Ursus himself sits down, relaxing, and opening his tome to read.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 06:20 PM
Alpha

The young man moved over to the shiny things, and held out up so it reflected the light from his spell that he was still recasting every minute for the time being.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 06:24 PM
Azmara

"I don't think they said that they killed anything, but rather that their friend was killed and they hid in here?" Azmara said, somewhat unnerved by the idea of sleeping while undead abominations could be running about. "Might we at least camp somewhere with a door for some degree of protection? There appeared to be a few doors down the hallway to the north …"

Savior
2012-02-12, 06:42 PM
Ursus.

"Maybe they decided to hide here for a reason. Seems like a good hold up. Relax. You're wounds might be acting up. Just settle down." Ursus flips the page, still reading the tome.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 07:06 PM
Azmara

"Very well," Azmara said. Knowing that even a full night's sleep wouldn't heal all their wounds, she raised her holy symbol once again and sent two more waves of positive energy rolling outward.

Using both of my remaining Channel Energies, healing everyone in a 30' radius for [roll0] HP.
Before falling asleep, the cleric spent an hour deep in meditation, praying to Sarenrae to strengthen them and to restore her spells for day ahead.

Prepared Spells:
0 - Detect Magic
0 - Guidance
0 - Create Water
1 - Summon Monster I
1 - Inflict Light Wounds
1 - (Domain) Protection from Evil

meemaas
2012-02-12, 07:07 PM
Alpha

The young man slumped over, laying down on the ground, using his bedroll as a pillow, he fell to sleep quickly, sleeping away the 8 hours needed to recover his spells. Even though he hardly used them.

A full nights sleep should heal the point of constitution damage i've taken too, right?

Savior
2012-02-12, 07:10 PM
Ursus

Ursus meditated as Azmara did, but failed to fall asleep. He promised to watch for enemies, and so he did. He first assumed to check the area, and then stayed awake as the others slept their eight hours.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 09:32 PM
A full nights sleep should heal the point of constitution damage i've taken too, right?

That is correct.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 09:34 PM
Ursus

Ursus meditated as Azmara did, but failed to fall asleep. He promised to watch for enemies, and so he did. He first assumed to check the area, and then stayed awake as the others slept their eight hours.

Ursus stands guard, all is quiet. Ursus is not yet fatigued, but will become so with a few more hours without sleep. Everyone should cross off one iron ration.

The party is ready to continue.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 09:35 PM
Alpha

The young man woke up after getting his rest, and sat down staring at the shiny stuff for the following fifteen minutes, tilting his head every once in a while.

Good, i can't afford to lose anymore Hp than i already have. How many hours of sleep would Ursus need to restore a point?

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 09:40 PM
Alpha

The young man woke up after getting his rest, and sat down staring at the shiny stuff for the following fifteen minutes, tilting his head every once in a while.

Good, i can't afford to lose anymore Hp than i already have. How many hours of sleep would Ursus need to restore a point?

He was resting while on watch, so his constitution loss is restored.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 09:42 PM
Ok, so tomorrow's night rest will be enough to get him fully healed. He wants to sleep a bit, so he won't be fatigued during the day, and plans to once Azmara is awake to stand watch. Sav's afraid i'll set him on fire while he sleeps. Which i probably would. "hey, he looks cold. Fireball!!!"

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 09:49 PM
We will assume Ursus gets four hours of sleep, which will keep him from getting fatigued for at least 8 hours - before which the party will likely want to rest to get new spells anyway.

So Ursus is now rested and the party may proceed as they wish.

Savior
2012-02-12, 10:07 PM
Ursus

Ursus closes his tome, winking the ring of sleep from his eyes, and stretches from his long meditation/reading. He stands up, popping joints, and stretching muscles. He awaits the awakening of the Cleric, so she can decide where to go.

Inglenook
2012-02-12, 10:55 PM
Azmara

The cleric awoke surprisingly refreshed. As the group began to pack up in preparation to head out, Azmara reached into her pack and extracted the potion that the priestess had given her, handing it to Alpha.

"Here, I want you to have this. Thank you for using yours on me yesterday."

Azmara gives her Potion of Cure Light Wounds to Alpha.
Azmara stepped out into the hallway, Ursus and Alpha following. "Perhaps we should try the doors in the eastern hallway that stretches north?"

meemaas
2012-02-12, 11:01 PM
Alpha

He carefully put the potion back where he pulled the original from the previous day, and after leaving the room, cast a spell quietly on himself, and then his little fireballs, to keep the path lit.

Cast Mage Armor, followed by Dancing lights. Tell me whenever an hour is up. But i don't wanna get eviscerated like Azmara did. Plus, I am entirely too protective of my spell slots, so i might as well blow them.

meemaas
2012-02-12, 11:10 PM
Random question. What was the touch AC on those Tengu rogues anyways? I seem to have been missing an abnormal amount of touch spells so far. Count. All of them. And it seems weird since i'm shooting for touch AC

By the way, is it just me, or has Alpha gotten less mature the further in we go?

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:30 AM
Random question. What was the touch AC on those Tengu rogues anyways? I seem to have been missing an abnormal amount of touch spells so far. Count. All of them. And it seems weird since i'm shooting for touch AC

By the way, is it just me, or has Alpha gotten less mature the further in we go?

Touch AC was 13, effectively 17 because he had cover.

Alpha is a great character, a simple enough concept that adds another whole dimension to the party.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 03:24 PM
Guess thats what i got for dumping Dex. And i wasn't asking if there was anything wrong with it. I just thought it was amusing that he got more childish as time went on.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 05:13 PM
Azmara stepped out into the hallway, Ursus and Alpha following. "Perhaps we should try the doors in the eastern hallway that stretches north?"

The party heads north up the long corridor to where there is a door on the east and the west walls. Ahead 30' is another pair of doors on the east and west walls. The corridor continues north into the distance. Opening the door to the east they find a 10' deep 25' wide room with cabinets against the far wall:

A large circle of tarnished silver powder, surrounded by
arcane symbols, has been laid down on the floor in the center
of this room. The center of the circle is empty.

Opening the west door they find another 10' deep 25' wide room:

Brightly painted carvings along the walls of this room
vividly depict mighty dragons in flight over shining cities,
while below, winged angels kneel and serve human masters.
Peacock-feather motifs dominate throughout the chamber,
and a faint, pleasant perfume drifts though the air. Several
humans lie supine atop biers draped in rich cloth—if they
are dead, the bodies are perfectly preserved and have
the appearance of relaxed sleepers, showing no signs of
corruption or decay.

Players may take actions involving either room, or continue up the corridor, or whatever else they wish to do.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 05:47 PM
Alpha

He makes his way towards the bodies, the first thing to catch his interest, and starts poking them all.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 05:49 PM
Alpha's hands pass through the bodies as though they were not there.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 05:52 PM
Alpha

Shocked, he keeps poking at them, trying to figure out whats going on.

Knowledge: Arcana check : [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 05:59 PM
Alpha

Shocked, he keeps poking at them, trying to figure out whats going on.

Knowledge: Arcana check : [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

Alpha's hands pass through everything in the room except floors, ceiling and walls.

As he thinks "illusion" the rooms contents become transparent, an obvious illusion covering an empty room.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 06:01 PM
Alpha

Recognizing the qualities of the room now, he starts to look around it carefully, ignoring the illusions as much as possible. Mostly while walking through the illusions.

Perception check for anything interesting in the room beneath the illusions. [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:17 PM
Alpha finds nothing but dust and dirt.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 06:19 PM
Alpha

Bored with the room, he goes and explores the other room, starting by examining the shiny dust on the ground, and the symbols that made up the circle.

Once again, Knowledge: Arcana check: [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]
Trying to find out if i can recognize the purpose of the circle, and what spell might have been cast. Not obviously of course, but it works, lol

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:27 PM
The circle is made of old, tarnished silver dust. Alpha recognizes it as a magic circle against evil, and notes there is a gap in it.

meemaas
2012-02-13, 06:29 PM
Alpha

"Heeeeeeey. Somebody broked it." He waved for his friends, wanting to show them what he found.

Savior
2012-02-13, 06:43 PM
Ursus

"Oh boy.. magic.. Any, uh, chance you can take this one?" Ursus looks at the cleric for a helping hand in this situation. Being an old school monk, he never truly adapted to the magic age. Though he did walk to the young boy, he mainly perceived the area, as well as looked at the walls looking for a date at which the extension was made, hoping to remember it from his history books.

Perception check: [roll0] Knowledge history: [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:51 PM
The chambers are very old.

There seems to be some pattern or meaning to the chambers, but Ursus can't quit place it.

There is a piece of parchment behind one of the cabinets, which turns out to have writing on it.