PDA

View Full Version : Kender Cleric build? help!

Solidarigee
2012-01-29, 01:24 AM
So I've recently joined a dragon lance game and I really wanted to play a kender cleric. They're not well suited to the role, but I wanted to anyway. I'm worried that I won't be able to contribute to the party though. Any ideas for builds? I have a -2 to wisdom, so I was thinking that I could get either Dynamic Priest or Academic Priest (letting me use either Cha or Int respectively for Spells I can cast and bonus spells, but DCs will be Wis dependent still). I'd have summon monster for combat, so I wouldn't need high DCs and could be SAD instead of MAD.

I have to roll 4d6b3 for stats.

Any ideas for feats? Tricks with spells? ACFs? Etc?

Psyren
2012-01-29, 02:37 AM
It's 3.5, right?

Kender aren't very popular here - or anywhere, really - so expect some blowback on that front.

What sources are allowed, Cleric Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0), etc? I also forget if Dragonlance Clerics have any special rules.

FearlessGnome
2012-01-29, 07:51 AM
If you can do Kender without being Chaotic Stupid, great. I actually like the little darlings. Their racial modifiers are a total of -2, so ask if you can have a +2 charisma to go with the -2 wisdom. It's quite reasonable.

Make sure to either get Sense Motive on your skill list, or to get the Truth domain. Because how can anyone lie to that childlike innocent face? Naturally you will want at least a little Sleight of Hand as well. Kenders get a bad rep because of the immature idiots who run around mugging people and going trollololololimjustakender, but they can be a good addition to a game.

Solidarigee
2012-01-29, 12:42 PM
I agree, I will rp the kender tactfully. I was thinking of the divine magician ACF (it reflects Fizban) I think.

I'm not sure how strict the DM is on domain choices. If he's lenient maybe there could even be a Kender domain since Fizban called Kender his favourite.

Kender
Granted Power: Add open lock and sleight of hand to your class skills list. Clerics of the kender domain use Charidma for cleric spell DCs. (I can burn a feat for dynamic priest to become SAD.

1 Remove Fear
2 Invisibility
3 Fly
4 Freedom of Movement
5 Plane Shift (a tribute to Burfoot)
6 Teleport
7 Mislead
8 Projected Image
9 Miracle

Before I ask him about it, What do you think of it?

Solidarigee
2012-01-29, 01:05 PM
Any other domains that would be good?