PDA

View Full Version : Book errata

Sgt Pinback
2012-01-29, 01:25 PM
Since the books are going to be reprinted, maybe we can all help the Giant achieve perfection by listing the few typos/errors we found? That should give us an excuse to go reread our books, too :smallsmile:

I'll start with what I found while rereading War and XPs:

V's introduction: "adreniline", "onesof", "loathesome"
Strip 377: Nale missing a shaved spot in one panel
The Inevitable Descent: "principle" should be "principal" I think
The Turning Tide of Battle: "postering" should be "posturing".

MReav
2012-01-29, 01:39 PM
In Dungeon Crawling Fools in one of the Bonus Panels, the teeth on the Chief Gate Inspector and Redcloak are not white.

Sorator
2012-01-30, 04:54 PM
I found a typo on the online version of the comic, don't know if it's in the book as well since it's one of the two I don't own. (Is there already a topic to post those, or do they get left there, or...?)

#312, last panel, Belkar's speech bubble: "It's not may fault..." (should be "my").

Adoendithas
2012-01-30, 10:54 PM
Not in any book yet, but after Nale sort-of-escapes from Tarquin and Elan, he plans to "rendevouz" with Sabine.

Sgt Pinback
2012-02-22, 07:51 PM
Didn't find much in Don't Split the Party:

Introduction: "forthe"
544: "compared to you" should be capitalized
555: I've never been able to parse the sentence "like shaman vurkle, banjo clothes show". Probably my problem, not the book's.
564: "squawk" not capitalized. May be intentional.
Inconsistency between "Bugsby", 624, and "Bixby", 653. May also be intentional.

NerfTW
2012-02-22, 08:34 PM
He's not going to. They're straight reprints. They're already at the printers, waiting for the check, according to his latest posts.

Morgath
2012-02-23, 04:31 AM
He's not going to. They're straight reprints. They're already at the printers, waiting for the check, according to his latest posts.

He definitely doesn't have the time to revise them with the surge of demand as shown from the kickstarter drive.

I think there would be demand for revised and updated editions with errors corrected, a couple of bonus strips filling in gaps or addressing misconceptions in the story, and extra commentary looking back at older parts of the story in light of what happened later. I know I would buy them, so would many others.

But that would be a large job; Rich has far too much on his plate right now; and the natural time to do it would be after the main story has been completed.

So I am fully in support with getting this done, but this isn't the time. Might be an idea to keep detailing the error's - a large enough support for this might make Rich consider it. Providing he recovers from this years workload :smallamused:

MReav
2012-02-23, 08:18 AM
If untransformed Succubi are not supposed to have bellybuttons, the in comic 343, she sporting one in panels 3 and 5.