PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember that light gun game

CommodoreFluffy
2012-01-29, 03:20 PM
Where there were two players, and the light guns were big mounted machine guns and you were in a helicopter shooting at terrorists? That was awesome.

Mando Knight
2012-01-30, 07:47 PM
...I kinda remember seeing it at an arcade or something once before, maybe?

otakuryoga
2012-01-30, 10:20 PM
i know the one you are talking about but cannot for the life of me remember the name
though i much preferred Silent Scope 1 & 2(the sniper game)...especially if they had linked ones for 2 player mode

sadly i havent seen a real arcade since i moved from CA to KY 6 years ago
there was the typical "game room" at the mall...mostly skeeball and dance machines..but even that closed down 3 years ago

Fri
2012-01-30, 10:52 PM
The op's game is titled gunblade.

For my light gun game of choice, I'm always partial to time crisis. Time Crisis 4 is so good.

I guess we're lucky that arcade scene isn't dead yet here.

CommodoreFluffy
2012-01-31, 10:09 AM
You're RIGHT! That game was awesome! Silent scope has to be my favorite light gun game though.

otakuryoga, if you're in or near san fransisco, you should check out the Musée Mécanique on Pier 45, I know that it has Silent Scope. It mostly has antique self playing pianos and mechanical arcade games, but if that's not your cup of tea they've got normal arcade games in the back.

Otherwise you could go to the metreon, which has a more high tech arcade in it.

SlyGuyMcFly
2012-01-31, 10:23 AM
Time Crisis 2 is my favourite light gun title of all time. But I haven't tried 4, what with the whole 'arcades are dead' thing going :smallfrown:

ObadiahtheSlim
2012-01-31, 10:58 AM
Area 51 was my fav arcade shooter.

Fri
2012-02-01, 06:22 AM
Time Crisis 4 is like Time Crisis 2, only better. I mean, the basic gameplay is the same (two screen and everything), but with better graphic (well, it's playstation era compared to xbox 360 era, if it got worse there's something weird in namco's mind), you can select weapons from the beginning, and sometimes you can look right and left by moving your gun beyond the screen.

Time Crisis 4 and House of the dead 4 is the staple of arcades here.

Oh, and ghost recon, or what that arcade game titled. It's also good, and you can save your progress in memory cards, like for initial D arcade games, for that one.

But for unique light gun game... Anyone ever tried Too Spicy? It's unconventional and brilliant.

It's basically like Killer 7: The arcade game. The game is set around stylish gun duels, where you can choose characters with different stats and gun, where you can hide behind covers, move left and right, use the environments, and do various kind of special moves like rolling, zooming in, and such. Really hard, but so, oh so stylish.

You could find some youtube vids about it, but none that I've seen do it justice.

Classic light gun game that always have a special position in my heart are Lucky and Wild (the one with the car? That someone must drive the car. We used to use two coins for three players for that. One to drive, and the others to shoot, ha, good time.

And Ghost something... where you fight ghosts and you can see lasers coming out of the mounted gun if you see it from the special glass that's mounted on the guns.

GungHo
2012-02-01, 10:44 AM
So, I'm a goofball and like to put in extra quarters so I can use both pistols on some of these games.

I would also hog the Silent Scope cabinet at Dave & Buster's until I was told to leave.

There's one I played a few years ago that I really liked that basically had plastic assault rifles that had recoil and everything. I played that thing until my back was sore.

Starsign
2012-02-01, 02:36 PM
Well I am quite a big fan of Light Gun games. My absolute favorites are Time Crisis 3 and House of the Dead 4. I always thought I had a natural gift for them (yea right :smalltongue:) and actually did very well on Silent Scope during the few times I've played it.

Fri, you are thinking of Ghost Squad, which was also fun. I wanted to like Virtua Cop, but that series aged poorly... On another note, did anyone see that HotD 4 is coming to PSN? I got Playstation Move for Christmas, so I am definitely getting that Light Gun game so long as it's a good port :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: On that note, does anyone have any suggestions for peripherals for PS3 Light Gun games? Preferably ones with full-auto fire like House of the Dead 4 :smallsmile:

otakuryoga
2012-02-01, 03:01 PM
gunblade...that was it

another one i loved though not a "gun" game was the one where you were a firefighter
i would always tell the other person to stay solid stream and let me handle it if spray was needed(it hardly ever was but most people went spray happy) since i had firefighting training in the navy

Archonic Energy
2012-02-02, 04:20 PM
i always liked the cop gun game that used your movement to dodge incoming fire.