PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Enchanting Double Weapons,

TheRinni
2012-01-30, 02:01 PM
When enchanting a double weapon, do you have to pay for both ends to be enchanted? So, a +3 double weapon would cost 36,000 instead of 18,000?

If so, can you choose to only have one side enchanted?

jmelesky
2012-01-30, 02:38 PM
When enchanting a double weapon, do you have to pay for both ends to be enchanted? So, a +3 double weapon would cost 36,000 instead of 18,000?

I believe so, though i don't know if there is RAW out there which states specifically.

If you look at the rules for Masterwork weapons, and weapons made of special materials (e.g. mithral, cold iron), both mention extra cost for double weapons. So i'd rule the same holds true for enchantments.

If so, can you choose to only have one side enchanted?

Again, you can have only one end made of cold iron, and the other made of mithral, so i think you're fine having separate enchantments on each end of a double weapon.

That said, masterwork weapons are either masterwork or not, so you'd have to pay the double-weapon masterwork cost (+600gp), even if you're only enchanting one end.

Keneth
2012-01-30, 02:47 PM
Creating magic double-headed weapons is treated as creating two weapons when determining cost, time, and special abilities.
And that's all the Pathfinder rules say on the matter as far as I know. While the rules don't imply that you can enchant each end separately, you can talk to your GM if they'll let you do it anyway since this was possible in 3.5e.