PDA

View Full Version : Beastskin Rhino hide + Dire Tiger

Laniius
2012-01-30, 06:27 PM
So, Rhino hide does 2d6 damage extra on a charge.

Dire Tiger gets the pounce ability, including 2 rake attacks.

If I'm wearing rhino hide in wild shape (with the beastskin property added) will I do

claw 2d4 + 8 + 2d6 (rhino hide)
bite 2d6 + 4 + 2d6 (rhino hide)
rend 2d4 + 4 + 2d6 (rhino hide)
rend 2d4 + 4 + 2d6 (rhino hide)

or will the rhino hide extra damage only count for the first attack, so I will do

claw 2d4 + 8
bite 2d6 + 4
rend 2d4 + 4
rend 2d4 + 4

Edit: Also, if I were to increase the enhancement bonus of the rhino hide to +5 and add the beastskin property to it, how much would it cost?

Ernir
2012-01-30, 06:35 PM
Rhino Hide
This +2 hide armor is made from rhinoceros hide. In addition to granting a +2 enhancement bonus to AC, it has a -1 armor check penalty and deals an additional 2d6 points of damage on any successful charge attack made by the wearer, including a mounted charge.

Emphasis mine. It doesn't have any language restricting its damage bonus to just one attack performed on a charge.

TroubleBrewing
2012-01-31, 02:41 AM
Just here to point to this being a perfect example of "Druids be crazy".

That's all.

Cieyrin
2012-01-31, 11:38 AM
Just here to point to this being a perfect example of "Druids be crazy".

That's all.

I was going to say something about Wild armor only providing the armor bonus while wildshaped but Beastskin neatly sidesteps that by changing the armor into barding, so that it works just fine. Basically, what that guy ^ said.

As for +5 Beasthide Rhino Hide, that's increasing the base armor by +5 effective bonus, so that's just the difference between +7 armor and +2 armor or 45,000 gp. So it'd cost 50,165 gp.

Also, I never noticed that Rhino Hide had reduced ACP compared to MW Hide armor. Nice.