PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Wild armor and nonproficiency

Laniius
2012-01-30, 09:48 PM
If I used a Wild Dragonhide Fullplate, would I retain the full armor bonus (plus any enhancements to said bonus) WITHOUT incurring any armor check penalties, even though a druid is not proficient in heavy armor?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-01-30, 10:23 PM
"Any gear worn or carried by the druid melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional."
No benefits or drawbacks of the armor remain in place when Wild Shaped.

"The wearer of a suit of armor or a shield with this ability preserves his armor bonus (and any enhancement bonus) while in a wild shape."
The armor bonus (and any enhancement bonus) gets preserved when you wild shape.

Nothing except the armor bonus and enhancement bonuses to that will stick around, no encumbrance/speed reduction, no armor check penalty, no arcane spell failure, etc. Nonproficiency becomes irrelevant, you're not even considered to be wearing any armor at all.

Laniius
2012-01-30, 10:53 PM
"Any gear worn or carried by the druid melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional."
No benefits or drawbacks of the armor remain in place when Wild Shaped.

"The wearer of a suit of armor or a shield with this ability preserves his armor bonus (and any enhancement bonus) while in a wild shape."
The armor bonus (and any enhancement bonus) gets preserved when you wild shape.

Nothing except the armor bonus and enhancement bonuses to that will stick around, no encumbrance/speed reduction, no armor check penalty, no arcane spell failure, etc. Nonproficiency becomes irrelevant, you're not even considered to be wearing any armor at all.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/164/576/stupidsexyflanders.gif

It's like I'm wearing nothing at all.

Darrin
2012-01-31, 07:21 AM
If I used a Wild Dragonhide Fullplate, would I retain the full armor bonus (plus any enhancements to said bonus) WITHOUT incurring any armor check penalties, even though a druid is not proficient in heavy armor?

Note: For +11000 GP, you can make Wild Dragoncraft Fullplate (Draconomicon p. 117), which counts as medium armor.

Other than that, I don't disagree with Biffoniacus_Furiou.