PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question time:

McDouggal
2012-01-30, 11:17 PM
Could a high-level Mystic Theugre cast the whole ritual by him/herself?

It requires a high level arcane and a high level divine caster, so maybe...

Forealms
2012-01-30, 11:23 PM
I don't know that this has been specifically addressed, but I don't believe so. I have heard of a couple of epic spells that require a minimum of x casters for the spell to work, in a sort of ritual.

However, this may not be an epic spell. Also, I have no idea if non-epic rituals exist, and if so, how they work.

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-01-30, 11:41 PM
Depends on if the ritual specifically requires two casters, or if it is just that you need the knowledge to cast both halves. The ritual may require simultaneous action by each caster.

Ranzunar
2012-01-31, 12:12 AM
Perhaps a better and even dumber question is can the ritual be done by any arcane and divine caster combination? The specific ritual has been said to reuire powerful casters. What i want to know is whether other rituals can be done on the gates. Actually I'm just hoping that Elan and Belkar buffed by Owl's wisdom end up saving the day because they are technically the appropiate type of casters.

EmperorSarda
2012-01-31, 12:29 AM
Knowing the god of the Goblins, you most likely need the Crimson Mantle to cast the divine portion of the ritual.

Oscredwin
2012-01-31, 12:36 AM
You need the Crimson Mantal to know the divine portion of the ritual.

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-01-31, 10:56 AM
You need the Crimson Mantal to know the divine portion of the ritual.
Or you just need to convince the bearer of the Mantle to do the unthinkable and actually tell a different divine caster or write it down. Redcloak only said that it had never be written down, not that it couldn’t be written down.

Chronos
2012-01-31, 01:46 PM
He did say that the divine part of the ritual would only work if cast by a worshiper of the Dark One. Then again, he said that to a rival cleric who'd probably been considering doing it herself, so that might have been a bluff.

Narren
2012-01-31, 02:14 PM
Perhaps a better and even dumber question is can the ritual be done by any arcane and divine caster combination? The specific ritual has been said to reuire powerful casters. What i want to know is whether other rituals can be done on the gates. Actually I'm just hoping that Elan and Belkar buffed by Owl's wisdom end up saving the day because they are technically the appropiate type of casters.

While that would be entertaining, I think you have to be relatively powerful. Otherwise, any random goblin wizard could replace Xykon.

Bastian Weaver
2012-01-31, 02:53 PM
While that would be entertaining, I think you have to be relatively powerful. Otherwise, any random goblin wizard could replace Xykon.

Start of Darkness:

They needed a high-level arcane spellcaster, and they coudn't find a goblin wizard. So they decided to team-up with Xykon.

Shhalahr Windrider
2012-01-31, 06:23 PM
He did say that the divine part of the ritual would only work if cast by a worshiper of the Dark One.
Where?

In 829, he says that the Mantle only reveals the ritual to a cleric of the Dark One, but he doesn’t say you have to be a cleric of the Dark One to perform it.