PDA

View Full Version : [4e DnD] Encounter Testing IC

Surrealistik
2012-01-31, 02:23 AM
OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230418

Combat Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjKjYySklKeTdDd6enRTQ0VfeVdBLWZUMnZ2bTIwS kE&hl=en_US#gid=7

Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1izxuY12WxeMk0pJSso9beB_S9B2WMLCjvjz1PAT9mHU/edit?hl=en_US

What Has Gone Before:

Each of you are prominent members of a resistance against the tiefling wizard Arat Karavakos: a petty tinpot dictator who has been tyrannizing his people since the death of his father and subsequent ascension to the throne.

Perhaps you are a champion of the rebels, or alternately one of their leaders. Perhaps you are an infiltrator or spy having repeatedly risked your life to get valuable intelligence on the tyrant's forces. Whatever your exact contribution, what each of you have in common is that you have all played a substantial role in the thus far successful refutation of his rule.

As a consequence of your leadership and efforts, what little remains of the tyrant's armies after a series of staggering losses and desertions have been forced into a fighting retreat back to the capitol city, his once ironclad rule in the surrounding lands utterly dispelled. Things appear grim for the loyalists, many reports suggesting the almost total demoralization of his forces, and implications of treachery amongst Karavakos' generals looking to either seize power, or end his mad reign.

You have thus far managed to infiltrate this last redoubt, quickly meeting up with the contact promised to you at the fringes of the city. There you are provided with a safehouse, comfortably stocked with enough food, water and supplies to withstand a short siege. From its concealed basement, you meet with leaders of the domestic resistance, discreetly strategizing a final decisive strike upon the city: whilst those within harass the guardsmen, engaging in guerrilla warfare and sabotage, the massed rebel armies will attack the city walls from without in a coordinated assault.

Things are going well, until one night when visceral screams and the sounds of combat can clearly be heard, even from within the well-insulated basement of the safehouse. Suddenly, there is a loud crash and the tramping of boots. Desperate yelling sounds from the floor above. For a time there seems to be a struggle, the resonant sound of falling blades and stricken shields, then silence.

Muffled clattering and crashing is soon heard all about the ground floor. The din curiously stops after some time, yielding to a moment of excited shouting before an uneasy quiet again settles over the place.

Within a few brief minutes, there is a loud bang on the basement door, as if from a great blow; the room almost seems to shudder from the force of the strike, and the solid oak begins to bulge and distend near its centre. Another thunderous hit resounds, and this time, there is the sound of cracking, great rifts appearing in the wood opposite the point of impact. The door begins to protrude from its frame, clearly in the process of being broken open. With one final blow, the oaken postern ruptures inward, thudding nosily to the ground.

"In the name of Lord Karavakos you are all under arrest! Drop your weapons and submit for detention at once!"

Bellows a hard-edged voice from the stairwell, its origin unseen.

Licah, Elia and Gortek:
Passive Perception: There is another sound you noticed during the ungodly cacophony of the door being hammered. At the roof slightly west of the wood stove, there had been a rhythmic thudding sound that stopped as soon as the door was breached. You are certain that normally this would have been readily audible, but the tumult from the stairwell had almost entirely drowned it out.

Dekkah
2012-01-31, 09:21 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
The short but muscular dwarf sitting at the table stand up as he heard battle. He instinctivly readies his heavy shield, bearing a his family crest, a red anvil, and draw his waraxe. He almost rush upstairs as he heard the sound of battle, but decide to trust his allies over there, not wanting to compromise their secret hideout.

Something draw his attention near the stove and he says in an hushed voice, so only his allies heard it.
"Me dont like this guys. Me beleive they know we are here, it sound like they try to dig their way throught the floor there..."

He was about to say more, but the enemy crashing crashing throught the basement door cut him short.

To the enemies demands, Gortek reply,
"Sure, we surrender, come and get us."

Gortek wink at his allies and get ready for battle.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-31, 10:42 AM
Elia

Elia barely glances up when the noise starts upstairs, her nose remaining firmly in a book on the history of a long destroyed empire. She calmly puts her book down when they make their demand, and closes it gently, and stands. Taking off her spectacles, she wipes them clean on the sleeve of her dress, and silently readies herself for battle.

Shyftir
2012-01-31, 12:15 PM
Licah

Huh, huh, huh. Sure, we surrender. Come get my hammer. Licah chuckles out in his deep voice as he picks up his mordenkrad that is never far from his hands, and stands up from the table.

WaffleLord
2012-01-31, 03:56 PM
Karkah G.

"Arrrgh! Must interrupt always come during break of mine. RUDENESS!" he yells in thick, dialectic Common at the pounding of the door. He stiffly rolls out of a creaking cot, stretches from his all too brief rest, and unrolls his greatsword from the blanket he had been cuddling. He grumpily peers at the floor where the dwarf gestured but detects nothing of note. Holding his greatsword at the ready, Karkah closes his eyes and takes one long, inhaled breath. As the door flies inward, he snorts out the air, snaps his eyes wide, and begins to smile.

Surrealistik
2012-02-01, 12:49 PM
Looking towards the door, Elia can glimpse the forms of two soldiers equipped with the standard issue studded leather, buckler, crossbow and shortsword, and the familiar sight of a tiefling sergeant, somewhat better equipped than his underlings in a weathered steel breastplate, an equally worn longsword in one hand, light shield in the other. As with his men, a crossbow dangles from his waist, readied for use. The wizardess' keen elven senses pick out two other combatants hiding around the corner. Though she cannot actually see them, it's apparent to her that these are likely more rank and file troopers.

Strangest of all is the tiefling in front; his weapons and armour are certainly peculiar, totally unlike any standard issue of Karavakos' forces. His physical appearance is more perplexing still, with devilish features that are markedly exaggerated. Even for a member of his race, he is exceptionally unusual looking. An oozing net of tar shifts and pulsates in his right hand, seeming almost alive, wafting a toxic stench. In his left he wields an expertly crafted khopesh, its blade sharp and filled with wicked serrations.

"So be it. Take them down."

Spits the sergeant, raising his weapon.

Without further delay, the strange tiefling rushes through the doorway. With him, comes the rife, noxious stench of sulfur, and the poisonous heat of burning tar. Twirling the pulsing net as he charges in, he quickly levels the flowing restraint before hurling it towards Elia.

The Tiefling Officer moves to C5 and attacks Elia (22 vs Reflex). Any interrupts Dekkah, or anyone else?

Dekkah
2012-02-01, 01:22 PM
Gortek
Seeing the enemy aim for Elia, Gortek warn her,
"Watch out elf!"

The dwarf look at the soaring net fly and knowing that the elf wont be able to evade it, Gortek rush around the table and pull him out of the way and throw Elia over the table to protect him, taking the blunt of the attack instead.
Whirling around, the dwarf throw his axe at the enemy in retribution,
"You wanted me axe, here ya can have it."

I have an Immediate intterupt, but it require you to actually HIT (you say attack, but doesnt say if it hit).
I assume it does and that it will trigger my power (if it doesnt, the action bellow dont happen.)

Immediate interrupt :Guardian's Counter, trigger when an ally within 2 is HIT by an attack.
Effect : You and that ally shift 2 switching position (Gortek->E4->F5 and Elia->E4->F3) Gortek becomes the target of the triggering attack (I am not sure if you check against my defense or simply does the effect as a hit... your call there). After the attack is resolved, I get a free basic attack against the attacker.
Free Basic attack : Throw waraxe (Dwarven Thrower Waraxe +1), [roll0], [roll1] damage.

If I am not mistaking, Magical throw weapon return to their owners hands after the attack (I hope so at least).

Surrealistik
2012-02-01, 02:37 PM
Gortek valiantly intercepts the net, its impact scalding as he shunts Elia out of harm's way. The bubbling tar wraps about the dwarf, binding him tightly, leaving him almost completely incapable of attacking, nevermind moving. Its noxious fumes now prove almost unbearable, as caustic tar burns the dwarf's flesh. These factors conspire against his aim, and though the axe draws close to his assailant, it ultimately misses, deeply embedding itself in the crate beyond before returning to his hand.

Though clearly dismayed at having failed to hit his intended target, the strange tiefling seems more than happy with his consolation prize. With a sadistic grin, he hauls in the dwarf, swinging the poor warrior into the stairwell where two waiting soldiers dogpile him, blades slipping between his armour, the net impeding his ability to defend himself. A third waiting grunt at the top of the stairs fires his crossbow, though the bolt ricochets off the dwarf's shield with a resonating clang, doing no further harm.

As Gortek struggles against the boiling webbing, the heat and tar stench about the odd tiefling starts to suffocate and dizzy him, compounding his existing injuries and discomfort.

Round #1:

Soldier #3:

Soldier #3 delays.

Tiefling Officer:

Tiefling Officer moves to C5 and attacks and hits Elia with his net (22 vs Reflex).

Gortek uses Guardian's Counter: as an immediate interrupt.
Effect: Elia slides to Gortek's former position at F3. Gortek shifts to Elia's former position at F5. TO hits Gortek with the net (22 vs Reflex) dealing 5 fire and poison damage.

Net Effects: The target takes ongoing 2 fire and poison damage, can't make opportunity attacks against the tiefling and is restrained until escape (DC 17), the target is outside a close burst 5 centered on the tiefling, the tiefling dies, or the tiefling ends the effect as a free action.

TO slides Gortek 3 squares to C4 (this factors in dwarven resistance to forced movement. This power explicitly ignores the restrained condition from the net's effects). Gortek is subject to the Tiefling's aura:

Aura Effects, Aura 1: Any enemy that starts its turn in the aura takes 2 fire and poison damage and cannot shift during that turn.

TO again slides Gortek 1 square to B4.

Soldier #3:

Soldier #3 attacks and hits Gortek for 7 damage with his shortsword (28 vs AC).

Soldier #1:

Soldier #1 attacks and misses Gortek with his crossbow (12 vs AC).

Soldier #2:

Soldier #2 attacks and hits Gortek for 8 damage with his shortsword (22 vs AC).

It's now the party's turn. Gortek takes ongoing 2 fire and poison damage, and 2 fire and poison damage from the Tiefling Officer's aura.

Shyftir
2012-02-01, 03:56 PM
Licah
Rushes to the side of the table, lines himself up and dashes forward attempting to knock the Tiefling back.

Round 1:

Licah's Turn:

Move Action: Move to E2

Standard Action: Pressing Strike
Effect: shift 2 squares to E4
Target:
[roll0] vs net-boy's AC
Hit Effect: [roll1]+5 damage and target is pushed 2 squares (1+1 feat bonus) to B7.

Stat Block:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=361675
Licah Tunobrix, Minotaur Barbarian
THP: 0 HP: 42/42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value: 10 Healing Surges: (7/7)
AC 18 Fort 14 Reflex 20 Will 17 Speed 6
Action Points: 0

Permanent Effects:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to push effects with hammers and maces.
Badge of Berserker: no OAs when charging

Conditions/Temporary Effects:

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Goring Charge [ ]
Avalanche Strike [ ]
Brutal Slam [ ]

Thunder Hooves Rage [ ]

Utilities:

Swift Charge [ ]
Shrug It Off [ ]

Item Powers:

Vanguard Weapon [ ]
Bestial Armor [ ]

Dekkah
2012-02-01, 08:42 PM
Gortek Bloodstone, Dwarven Warden
The dwarf wince in pain as the net burn his skin and the monster aura does'nt help at all. Not waitign a second, gortek struggle to free himslef and do manage the trick. He quickly use his natural aura to get the enemies attention that are close by.
While he take a few moments to regain his breath. While he does so, a few small storm appear around the dwarf and disturb the enemies, slowing them and even sliding the Tiefling officer away.
Looking at the bunch of enemies in front of him, Gortek inhale, then exale over his waraxe and a blast of chaotic energy errupt forth and slam onto the enemies in the corridor.
"Elf, drop yar magic on me if need be, but kill them all."

Round 1:

Start of turn : Takes 2 Ongoing fire/Poison Damages
Start of turn : Takes 2 fire/Poison Damages from Aura

Free : Mark every target adjacent (Tiefling Officer, Tiefling Sergent, S2 and S3) Until the end of my next turn.

Move : Escape net, Rolled in OOC = 17 VS 17 (Free)

Minor : Dwarven Resiliance (Second wind), +2 to all defenses, Spend a surge (Regain 11 HP), Slide marked Target 1 (Tiefling Officer -> C6, Forfeit others) and every marked target are slowed Until the end of my next turn. (Stormheart)

Standard : Breath of chaos, Close blast 2 (A2/B3)
Attack on Tiefling Sergent : [roll0] Vs Fortitude
Attack on S2 : [roll1] Vs Fortitude
Attack on S1 : [roll2] Vs Fortitude (CRIT!, max damage 15 + 4 = 19(rolled OOC))
Attack on S4 : [roll3] Vs Fortitude
Hit : [roll4] Damages for all enemies in it, slide them 1 (Forfeit it)
Also, +[roll5] damages for those Marked in the blast (S2 and Tiefling Sergent)
Effect : Gortek Becomes Unsubstantial Until the start of your next turn and you can shift up to your speed around the blast (cant because of TO aura)

Stat Block:Gortek Bloodstone, Dwarven Warden
THP: 0 HP 34/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)
AC 20 (22) Fort 17 (19) Reflex 14 (16) Will 17 (19)Speed 5
Action Points: 1

Conditions/Temporary Effects on Gortek:
Unsubstantial USNT (Breath of chaos)
+2 all defenses UENT (Second wind)

Conditions/Temporary Effects from Gortek:
Tiefling officer, Tiefling Sergent, S2 and S3 are Marked UENT (Nature Wrath)
Tiefling officer, Tiefling Sergent, S2 and S3 are Slowed UENT (Stormheart)

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike []
Breath of chaos [X]
Guardian Counter [X]

Form of the mountain Thunder []
Attack of the Mountain Thunder []

Utilities:
Errupting Front [ ]
Dwarven Resiliance (Second wind) [X]
Inspiring word []
Action point []

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1 [ ]
Amulet of resolution +1 [ ]
Dwarven thrower Waraxe +1 [ ]
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Surrealistik
2012-02-01, 09:23 PM
As Gortek's attack falls upon the soldiers, alarm spreads like wildfire through their ranks. Shields interlock and warnings are issued, prompting them to dodge and minimize their profiles, sparing three of the infantrymen from the dwarf's wrath as they fall prone before the torrent of chaotic energy.

The first of the grunts however proves far less lucky than his fellows as the turbulent storm all but disintegrates him, his body and armaments turned to dust before its power.

TS, S1, S2, and S4 each use Hit the Deck! and fall prone.

Breath of Chaos misses TS, S2, and S4 due to this and Squad Tactics.

S1 is critically hit and dies.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-01, 10:30 PM
Elia

Dusting herself off after being bodily thrown across the table by her companion, Elia places her glasses back on her nose. "Well then....I think I shall get started." She moves over by the dwarf and makes very specific hand motions. Unintelligable to anyone not trained in the arcane ways, the somatic components shimmer, and the air around her hands vibrates. It bursts forth in a deafening noise, bodily throwing around those affected.

Move Action: Move to C4
Standard: Thunderwave (should be able to get everyone in the stairwell area with it from C4)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5] and move target 4 squares Will decide locations once I see if they hit.

EDIT: Looks like I hit S4 and the Tiefling in the stairwell, as well as my ally (whoops). All take 9 damage, Tiefling will be moved to the corner and the soldier will be moved by him (changed on map)

Stat Block:

CS Summary (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12617636&postcount=5)
Elia, Elf Wizard 3
THP: 0 HP: 28/28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value: 7 Healing Surges: (6/6)
AC 15 Fort 14 Reflex 15 Will 18 Speed 7

Permanent Effects:
Impliment Expertise (Orb): +1 to attack rolls and distance pushed by Orbs
Shimmering Cloth Armor: You do not provoke OAs when using ranged powers in melee range.

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Elven Accuracy [ ]
Orb of Imposition [ ]
Icy Terrain [ ]

Color Spray [ ]

Sleep [ ]

Utilities:

Shield [ ]

Item Powers:

Amulet of Elegy [ ]
Orb of Frustrated Recovery [ ]

Surrealistik
2012-02-01, 11:01 PM
"I'll have your head she-bitch!"

Howls the sergeant as hellfire ruptures from his prone body whilst the wave of sound sends him tumbling backwards. The flames strike Elia with unerring accuracy, scorching the elf and blackening her robes.

His companions all fare much better, the bulk of sonic force flowing harmlessly over their prone bodies save for one who is dashed violently against the brick wall encompassing the stairwell. That soldier falls forever still with a sickening thud.

TS is hit for 9 damage and is pushed to A1.

The Tiefling Sergeant uses Infernal Wrath upon being hit, dealing 6 fire damage to Elia as an effect.

Soldier #4 is hit for 9 damage and dies.

Gortek is hit for 9 damage (3 after resist/insubstantial).

WaffleLord
2012-02-02, 01:41 AM
Karkah

Karakh slides to his side to set up flanking with Licah.
"Come, Bull Friend, we make deviled sandwich, yah?"

Round 1

Karkah's' Turn:

Move Action:Shift to B7

Standard Action:Demoralizing Strike, no augment, w/CA
Target:[roll0] vs Tiefling Officer AC
Hit Effect:[roll1] damage, target takes -2 to all defenses until end of my next turn.

Stat Block
Character Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=365822)
Karkah G., Half-elf Ardent
THP: 0 HP: 39/39 Bloodied: 19 Surge Value: 9 Healing Surges: (10/10)
AC 18 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 18 Speed 5
Action Points: 1 (not used)

Permanent Effects:
Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls and +2 all defenses vs Opp. Attacks

Non At-Will Powers
Power Points: 4

Attacks:
Implanted Suggestion [ ]

Utilities:
Ardent Surge [ ] [ ]
Ardent Outrage [ ]
Sympathetic Agony [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]

Item Powers:
Quick Greatsword [ ]
Reflexive Armor [ ]

Dekkah
2012-02-02, 09:58 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
As Elia magic fall over the enemies, Gortek suffer some of its bite, but his origins and discorporate body shrug off most of that blow.

Receive 9 thunder damages from Elia.
I have resist 2 Thunder damages and am unsubstantial. So I take 3 damages.

THP: 0 HP 31/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)
Resist : 2 Cold, 2 Fire, 2 Thunder

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Form of the mountain Thunder
Attack of the Mountain Thunder

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Dwarven Resiliance (Second wind)
Inspiring word
Action point

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Dwarven thrower Waraxe +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Dekkah
2012-02-02, 05:18 PM
Quinn
The warlock move across the room. As he do so, some darkness gather around him, making harder to see. He say a small curse and the Tiefling officer sense the tiefling magic fall upon him. Rising his arm, Quinn say a few more arcane words and a blast of greenish energy shoot from his hand toward the targeted enemy.

Round 1

NOTE : I am not making his whole status thing, I'll just play his turn as ask by the DM. The rolls have been done in OOC (posted there first).

Move : Move to F9 (Gain Concealement - Shadow Step)
Minor : Curse Tiefling Officer (Gain +1 AC UENT - Rod of Dark reward)
Standard : Eldritch Blast on Tieflinfg Officer (+1 (Reckless Curse)), 15 VS Reflex
Hit : (+1 (Empowering Shadows)) (1D10+5) 13 + (Curse) (1D10) 6 damage

This is a bit simple, but I think this is about as efficient I can get without his character sheet/knowing the character (using only Combat tracker informations).

Surrealistik
2012-02-02, 09:40 PM
Attempting to dodging to the side, the tiefling officer's movements delayed with doubt, undermined by the effect of Karkah's attack sufficiently for him to be hit by Quinn's blast. The streak of green power burns a smoking hole in the tiefling's armor, causing him to reel from the pain as it disintegrates a huge chunk of flesh beneath.

The sergeant seems to bellow a set of orders in a tongue completely unfamiliar to any of you, unlike anything you've ever heard. With notable recalcitrance and a sneer as if resenting the authority of his fellow, the odd tiefling shifts out of the party's flank. Standing from his downed position, the battleworn leader quickly makes a set of hand motions at his troops before he levels his sword at Gortek, round shield set in place, his feet braced to move. He grind broadly, as if knowing something you don't.

Once silent and still, pressed tight against the floor, the two soldiers leap up, and assume a battle ready posture, looking expectantly towards the sergeant.

Suddenly, the air left of the woodstove, just beneath where several of you had previously noted a rhythmic pounding, begins to shift and shimmer. Like a heat mirage it distends wildly, seeming almost to flow like turbulent water. With a sudden flash of heat and flame, and the notable stench of brimstone, five hulking figures suddenly phase into existence.

Adorning each is a suit of expertly crafted plate armour, coloured black, crimson and brass, its design utterly foreign to those you've seen of Karavakos' armies, like that of the 'Officer'. All heft viciously serrated longswords, and tower shields set with sharp, hooked spikes, some utterly soaked in blood and gore. At the front towers one far larger and nastier looking than the rest, donning a helmet of brass plate penetrated by a set of great black horns. Beneath this, its features are almost entirely concealed save for a pair of savage glowering eyes, like flaming coals, and the horrible fanged teeth of a predator, viciously jagged and pointed. Though most closely resembling a tiefling, they are clearly nothing of the sort, each a horned, humanoid monstrosity of rippling muscle and diabolic features that could only be the devils of lore, vile progeny of Asmodeus.

Gortek notices the soldiers, even the sergeant, all but wince involuntarily at this new arrival, though they quickly regain their composure, seeming to hearten at the presence of these new 'allies'. In the interim, the 'Officer' appears all but unaffected, save for him revelling in the gladness of these evidently very welcome reinforcements, a fanged smile crossing his features before he looks over the rest of you.

Growling in a strange foreign dialect, the flow of sound and intonations not unlike that in which the sergeant spoke, the towering horned-thing raises its gore-stained sword towards the party, panning the blade from one end of the room to the next. Though you cannot understand a word, its voice is guttural, openly hostile, seething with a hatred so profound it makes you shudder, and when it finishes speaking, the brass-clad warrior regards you all with a harrowing grin, bloodthirsty, and thick with malevolence.

All of the devils and infantry appear to be waiting for something, some kind of cue or sign. Raising his hand, their leader thrusts a clawed, sanguine finger at Elia as he turns to the net wielder. A flaming sigil appears over her head, as though some manner of infernal condemnation, its meaning understood to none save perhaps the other devils who bristle with anticipation.

With a further wave of his hand, and an invocation of its esoteric language, a portal opens in front of Karkah like a hovering schism. Hot air and flame billow from within, casting a sulfuric stench across the room, along with a cacophony of agonized screams. In the span of a solitary moment, yet another devil steps through that rift, its demeanour disciplined, expectant, betraying no confusion in spite of its vastly different surroundings from the inferno it had left.

Suddenly, with a voice like grating sandpaper, and a deep rumbling of boulders, the devil leader's lips part to form words you _can_ understand, and none are to your liking.

"The frail elf woman, bring her to me."

It orders the 'Officer' who nods. This time, he appears glad to listen, almost cowering, obviously afraid of the hulking devil. Retreating to the infernal legionnaires, he casts his net, soundly snaring the elf, dragging her towards the horde of fiends with fearful expediency. Its quarry sprawled before it, the leader advances on her with a confident gait, ground trembling at its every step, a cruel sneer playing on its lips as it narrows the distance. Drawing within a few feet, the devil lunges wildly, aiming to deal to the trapped elf a spectacular death blow, and in its arrogance misses her completely, sword clanging loudly off the stone floor as her agile form gracefully moves aside, even within the net's confines. Nearly plunging forward from the over-commitment, the sight of its abject failure proves almost comical. Its 'men' however, say nothing, failing to move even an inch, their faces stern and emotionless.

Enraged at Elia's defiance, it lets out a tremulous roar, already reddened skin now an even deeper shade of crimson, its naked humiliation poorly taken.

"TEAR HER APART!!"

The leader's cohorts instantly move into action, teleporting adjacent to the elf, flanking her from every side, swiping tirelessly in a frenzied rain of bloody, hacking swords. When they are done, she collapses within the scalding net, and falls motionless, utterly drenched in her own blood, covered with countless wounds.

With the mage unconscious, the remaining infernals find a new target in Quinn, two of them charging and shifting about the warlock, their flank executed with expert precision, and practised ease, delivering two powerful slashes to the half-elf's chest and back.

Quinn moves to F9

Quinn attacks and hits tiefling officer with Eldritch Strike for 8 damage.

Tiefling Sergeant:

The tiefling sergeant causes the Tiefling Officer to shift 1 square to D7 and stands.

The tiefling sergeant readies an action.

End of Round #1:

The devil leader and four devil warriors teleport in and join the combat.

Round #2:

The tiefling officer (tar devil) and all the devil warriors but devil warrior #3 delay.

Soldier #2:

The soldier stands and readies an action.

Soldier #3:

The soldier stands and readies an action.

Devil Leader:

The devil leader marks Elia until the leader is destroyed or it uses this power again. While marked in this way, its allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against her. This mark cannot be superceded unless the leader permits it.

The devil leader summons a devil minion in D8.

The devil leader readies an action.

Devil 5 (summoned minion):

Delays.

Tar Devil:

Moves to D9.

Attacks Elia with the Tar Net (20 vs Reflex after mark penalty and leader bonus) and hits for 8 fire and poison damage. Elia subject to the net's effects and is slid to E8.

Devil Leader:

Takes its readied action, shifts adjacent to Elia, flanking with the Tar Devil and attacks, missing miserably (natural 1).

Devil #1:

Appears to ready itself.

Devil #2:

Teleports to E9. Devil #1 teleports to E7 in a coordinated attack. Both make a basic attack against Elia.

Devil #1 flanks and attacks Elia (34 vs AC) and hits for 8 damage.

Devil #2 flanks and crits Elia (36 vs AC) and hits for 8 damage. Elia is knocked unconscious. Devil #1 shifts to F8.

Devil #4:

Teleports to I8 and charges to G9, attacking and flanking Quinn with D2. (29 vs AC), hitting for 8 damage, and shifts to G8.

Devil #5:

Takes its turn, teleports to C10, and charges to E10 attacking Quinn (19 vs AC), hitting for 8 damage.

It is now the PC's turn!

Elia:
Passive Insight: Analyzing the sergeant's sign language, it is readily apparent to you that the sergeant means to charge Gortek at some juncture, and has instructed his soldiers to follow up the assault. You also know that he was expectant, waiting on something decisive; it is likewise obvious that the arrival of these devils was precisely that.

WaffleLord
2012-02-03, 12:05 AM
Karkah

Seeing their wizard fall, Karkah calls, "Don't fall apart yet, commrade. Bull friend, the metal suit is yours. I'll have at this one." He sends a wave of beneficial psychic energy Elia's way and moves to confront the tiefling officer.

Round 2

Karkah's' Turn

EDIT: Looks like Tiefling Officer is Tar Devil

Minor Action:Ardent Surge to Elia, healing surge plus [roll0] and get +1 to attacks until end of my next turn

Move Action:Move to D10, drawing Opp Att from C10

Standard Action:Demoralizing Strike, augment 2
Target:[roll1] vs Tiefling Officer AC (miss)
[roll2] vs D2 AC (miss)
[roll3] vs D5 AC (miss)
Hit Effect:[roll4] damage, targets take -4 to all defenses until end of my next turn.

If I hit any of them, I will use my Quick Greatsword daily power for an MBA against the Tiefling Officer.
[roll5] vs Tiefling Officer AC
Hit Effect:[roll6] damage
(not used)

INTERRUPT
If Elia takes damage, I will enact Sympathetic Agony:Target takes half damage. If target would receive effect that save could end, could apply to me. Until end of my next turn, target and I gain +2 to all defenses while within 5 sq of each other .

Stat Block
THP: 0 HP: 39/39 Bloodied: 19 Surge Value: 9 Healing Surges: (10/10)
Action Points: 1 (not used)

Permanent Effects:

Non At-Will Powers
Power Points: 2

Attacks:
Implanted Suggestion [ ]

Utilities:
Ardent Surge [X] [ ]
Ardent Outrage [ ]
Sympathetic Agony [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]

Item Powers:
Quick Greatsword [ ]
Reflexive Armor [ ]

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-03, 12:23 AM
Elia

Rising from the ground, out of sorts having been knocked out and then restored by her ally, Elia grimaces at the net, and the foes all around her. Her armor shimmers, as if warding off the attacks that are sure to come.

2 damage from net (poison/fire)
2 damage form aura (poison/fire)
Standard: Thunderwave on F8-H6
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Only hit the tar devil, so moving him to I3 (unless I can move him to J3)

Stat Block:

Elia, Elf Wizard 3
THP: 0 HP: 8/28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value: 7 Healing Surges: (5/6)

Permanent Effects:
Shimmering Cloth Armor: You do not provoke OAs when using ranged powers in melee range.

Netted
ongoing 2 fire/poison damage
+1 to attacks until EONT (Karkah's)

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Elven Accuracy [ ]
Orb of Imposition [ ]
Icy Terrain [ ]

Color Spray [ ]

Sleep [ ]

Utilities:

Shield [ ]

Item Powers:

Amulet of Elegy [ ]

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-03, 07:20 AM
Elia

Seeing her thunder do next to nothing to the devils, Elia considers her options. Her hands fly at the somatic components to the spells, years of practice making the tar net barely affect her. She focuses on the devils she missed with her thunder, hoping that a burst of ice will do better.

Using an Action Point
Icy terrain on G7
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Effect: target is knocked prone, terrain in burst is considered difficult until EOMNT (Minor Ends)

Stat Block:

Elia, Elf Wizard 3
THP: 0 HP: 8/28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value: 7 Healing Surges: (5/6)

Permanent Effects:

Netted
ongoing 2 fire/poison damage
+1 to attacks until EONT (Karkah's)

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Elven Accuracy [ ]
Orb of Imposition [ ]
Icy Terrain [X]

Color Spray [ ]

Sleep [ ]

Utilities:

Shield [ ]

Item Powers:

Amulet of Elegy [ ]

Dekkah
2012-02-03, 11:00 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
As the tar devil drag Elia away, Gortek yell to him,
"Ya stay away from me elf!"
The words are backed up by his wardens magic, sliding the monster out of reach of Elia.

Gortek become sunstantial again and readies himself to the soldiers attacks.

Tar Devil Trigger my mark
Immediate reaction : WArden's Graps, Slide Tar Devil to C9

This should prevent the aura damage to Elia at least.

Start of turn : Unsubstantial on Gortek ends.

From what I understand, the soldiers and captain want to take their readied action... rest of my turn comes after that since I want to know how much damage I take before choosing my actions.

THP: 0 HP 31/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Inspiring word
Action point

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Surrealistik
2012-02-03, 11:09 AM
When Karkah moves into position, the tar devil opportunistically lunges out with his jagged khopesh, narrowly missing the half-elf as he passes.

As Elia stands to act, the dwarf's ward of insubstantiality fades, defenses lowering as his rush of adrenaline begins to fade to battle weariness.

Spotting his opportunity, the sergeant rushes at the enduring son of Moradin, sword in front, gathering speed as best he can before the collision. His attack fails to connect however, spearing only the dwarf's waiting shield.

The soldiers provided their signal, they too stab at the dwarf, doing their best to bypass his armour and vexing dexterity. Though the blade of one of the men is handily deflected, the other finds its mark whilst the other is blocked, stabbing the dwarf through his upper shoulder.

Elia:
Monster Knowledge Check, Religion: You have heard of these specific fiends before: legion devils, the rank and file of Asmodeus' sprawling infernal armies. Of those in the fray, the ones you've studied in particular detail you know to be a step above the very bottom rung of conscript grunts; seasoned warriors who have actually seen, and been hardened by combat, and the hard won wisdom of the battlefield. You have read about their tactics, and are familiar with their methods of teleporting around an opponent, distracting and flanking it from all sides, allowing still more allies to fall into position before they thrust in for the kill. Like Karavakos' troops, they are trained and highly proficient in phalanx defense and techniques, often opting to group together so as to protect one another. Unlike their mortal counterparts however, upon death, they are known to release a short lived fragment of their spiritual essence, briefly empowering a still living ally to finish the job they had failed.

Detailed Information:
Legion Devil Zealot
Medium immortal humanoid (devil)

Temperament: Brutally disciplined, legion devils haven’t the slightest regard for their own existence and live to crush their masters’ foes beneath their iron-shod heels. They will always attempt to flank before cutting their foes to ribbons en masse. They prefer to remain together to exploit their Squad Tactics trait.

Resist 10 fire.
Vulnerabilities: None.
Immunities: None.

Traits:
Squad Tactics
The soldier gains a +2 bonus to its defenses and can't be flanked while adjacent to an ally with this trait. The legion devil deals +2 extra damage to creatures it flanks with allies that have this trait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Actions:
Melee Basic; Longsword * At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +11 vs. AC
Hit: 6 damage. The legion devil and one ally adjacent to the target can shift 1 square to a square adjacent to the target.

Legion's Assault * At-Will
Requirement: The devil hasn't taken a move action this turn
Effect: Close burst 4 (one enemy in the burst). The devil loses its move action. The next time an ally uses this power on the target this round, both the devil and that ally teleport to squares adjacent to the creature and make a melee basic attack against it with a +1 bonus to the attack roll.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Triggered Actions:
Zeal of the Legion * Encounter
Trigger: The legion devil is destroyed
Effect (No Action): Close burst 2 (one ally in the burst) The target gains a +2 bonus to its attack rolls, saving throws and defenses and deals +2 extra damage until the end of the target's next turn.

Initiative Count #7:

The Tar Devil makes an OA against Karkah and misses.

Initiative Count #8:

Tiefling Sergeant charges and misses.

Soldier #2 attacks Gortek and misses.

Soldier #3 attacks Gortek (23 vs AC) and hits for 5 damage.

Dekkah
2012-02-03, 12:55 PM
Gortek Bloodstone
Wincing in pain, Gortek look at the sergent and launch one of his best attack, but miss him completly. He then let his primal wrath fall upon the enemies again and forcefly shift over the rumbles.
Takes 5 damages from Soldier.

Turn resumed.
Standard : Gale Strike on Tiefling Sergent, [roll0] VS AC,
Hit : [roll1] damages and others marked enemies takes 3 damages (S2 and S3). You slide each enemies marked by you 1 (Tiefling Sergent to B2, S2 to A2, Forfeit S3)

If I miss Tiefling Sergeant or that he is still beside me after the attack,

Free : Mark Tiefling Sergent, S2 and S3.
Move : shift to C4.

If it hit and slide Sergeant away.
Move : Move to D8
Free :Mark Tar Devil and D2
Free : Action point
Standard : Tempest Assualt on Tar Devil, [roll2] VS AC
Hit : [roll3] lightning damages and D2 takes 3 Thunder damages.
End of turn : Slow ends on S2, S3, Sergeant and Tar Devil

THP: 0 HP 26/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)
AC 20 Fort 17 Reflex 14 Will 17 Speed 5

Tiefling Sergeant, S2 and S3 are Marked UENT (Nature Wrath)

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Inspiring word
Action point

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Surrealistik
2012-02-03, 02:05 PM
For the devils, Elia's blast of ice proves a most unwelcome contrast to the much warmer climates of the Nine Hells. Unfortunately all manage to resist through the interlock of tower shields and shouted warnings in what the elf can only presume to be Supernal. , one ultimately succumbs to the freezing blast of cold, as it handily bypasses the legionnaire's fatally delayed reaction. On its death, the fiend dissipates in a burst of hellfire and crimson light. Oddly, the energy released upon its demise quickly comes to settle on one of its allies, encompassing it within a corona of scintillating red light. This devil appears invigorated, evidently empowered by the peculiar aura.

In the wake of Elia's frigid explosion, the ground about the devils is coated with a sheen of slippery ice, threatening to impede the movement of any who would cross it.

Initiative Count #8:

Elia hits D1 and deals 6 cold damage, destroying it.

F6 to H8 is difficult terrain until the end of Elia's next turn (marked on detailed map as turquoise square).

Devil #1:

Dies. Devil #3 glows with a blood-red aura and seems strangely empowered.

Shyftir
2012-02-03, 08:39 PM
ooc: sorry so long on my turn. I had a short trip yesterday.

Licah

With the arrival of the Infernals and the flurry of attacks against his allies, Licah spends a moment stunned before responding in typical berserker fashion. A bellow that sounds like something between a roar of rage and a cry of utter anguish, erupts from Licah as he turns on the largest of the devils and runs forward in a rage.

Round 2:

Licah's Turn:

Move Action: Move to H2

Standard Action: Thunder Hooves Rage
Target: Devil Leader
[roll]1d20+8[/roll vs AC
Hit:[roll0]+5 damage (replacement rolls if any of those are 1's: [roll1])
Miss: Half damage
Effect:You enter the rage of the thunder hooves. Until the rage ends, you can move through one or two enemies' spaces during each of your turns. When you move through an enemy's space, your next attack against that enemy during the same turn deals 1[W] extra damage.

Action Point: Pressing Strike
Effect: You Shift 2 squares (through I-3 to I-4)
Target: Devil Leader
[roll2] vs. AC
Hit: [rollv]4d6[rollv]+5 damage (replacement rolls if any of those are 1's: [roll3]) and target is pushed 2 squares (to J-1) and [roll4] because I'm raging.

THP: 0 HP: 42/42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value: 10 Healing Surges: (7/7)

Permanent Effects:

Conditions/Temporary Effects: Raging (thunder hooves)

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Goring Charge [ ]
Avalanche Strike [ ]
Brutal Slam [ ]

Thunder Hooves Rage [x]

Utilities:

Swift Charge [ ]
Shrug It Off [ ]

Item Powers:

Vanguard Weapon [ ]
Bestial Armor [ ]

I'll leave moving the enemy token and my 1 square follow up, to you. I don't wanna presume anything.

Surrealistik
2012-02-03, 09:16 PM
Though sent reeling from Elia's arcana, the pain seems to invigorate it, strengthening the fiend's murderous resolve as it glowers back at the elf, the promise of slaughter alight in its feral eyes.

As Licah falls upon his quarry, broadcasting the assault with an anguished roar, the infernal readies its shield, handily blocking the strike. He dashes painfully against its hooked spikes, drawing blood, tearing flesh, though a substantial portion of the blow carries through the barrier and flattens it against the devil, painfully wrenching its arm, slamming the fiend against the kegs behind it. Roaring its displeasure, with a mighty shove it sends the minotaur sprawling to the ground, following up with a brutal, lunging stab on the felled assailant.

Initative 10:

Thunderhooves misses, dealing 15 damage to the sergeant.

The devil sergeant counterattacks as an Immediate Reaction with combat advantage, hitting Licah with its shield (23 vs AC) for 3 damage, pushing Licah 1 square to G1 and knocking him prone.

The devil sergeant shifts 1 square into the square Licah vacated and makes a longsword attack hitting (20 vs AC) for 16 damage.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-03, 09:22 PM
Quinn
The warlock steps back, limiting the hits he will take from fighting his cursed foe. He didn't care about the bite of blades nearly as much as the sweet taste of power unleashed when he killed a foe. Dark energy lashed out at the Tar Devil, binding any healing that might happen to the devil.

Round 2

Going to do what I would do with this:

Move: Shift to G9

Standard: Life Bind (Encounter) vs Tar Devil [roll0] (roll includes +1 from reckless curse)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Surrealistik
2012-02-03, 09:38 PM
Whilst Quinn is distracted, the devil soldier adjacent seizes its opportunity, attempting to lay into him with its waiting blade. Much to the fiend's dismay, the swing narrowly misses, sword scarcely glancing off a sheath of dark energy encompassing the warlock.

Initiative 11:

Quinn uses its curse on the Tar Devil. Quinn gains a +1 bonus to AC from Rod of Dark Reward.

Quinn misses the Tar Devil with Life Bind.

Devil 4 makes an OA against Quinn and misses.

Surrealistik
2012-02-04, 02:31 PM
Kicking forward with his hoofs, Licah leaps from the floor, rushing past the devil leader only to turn about and strike the fiend, channelling his momentum into the fall of his great hammer. This time the heavy weapon slips past the infernal's shield to bludgeon it full on in the chest, buckling its brass armour inward. So forceful is the impact that the hellspawn nearly doubles over, involuntarily staggering backwards for several steps before it regains control over its motions. For a moment, the minotaur's foe seems disorientated, the blow's crushing strength evidently too great to be absorbed by its masochism. Shooting the minotaur a toothy sneer filled with hatred and contempt, the devil seems poised, and all too eager to retaliate.

Licah uses an AP then uses Pressing Strike and hits the Devil Leader (27 vs. AC) for 21 damage and bloodies it.

Forced movement and shifting to be resolved.

Surrealistik
2012-02-04, 08:54 PM
As before, the basement erupts in a chaotic bedlam of conflict and strafe.

Locked in mortal combat with their leader, Licah ducks under the growling hellborne's spiked shield, and leaps back as its wicked sword swings downward, completely missing the minotaur and bounding off the nearby keg, spending a spray of golden ale across the floor. Coming to the aid of its commander, one of the devil charges after the vexing warrior whilst he's distracted, tearing through hide plates to spear him on the tip of its longsword.

For its part, the foul smelling tar flinger shifts aside, and drawing his net from Elia, tosses it towards Gortek, possibly hoping to create an opening for the sergeant and his men. The burning sludge grasps Gortek soundly, and with a tug of the viscous string, the dwarf is pitched forward beside the hellspawn, again trapped within its scorching implement.

Blades fall and blood flies as the devil troopers fall upon the rebel leaders, moving and teleporting about their quarries so quickly as to almost defy their sight. Elia and Quinn are each beset by two of their number, cut by a number of deft slashes, the poor elf reduced to her last legs within the tar devil's noxious presence. With each successful strike, the legionnaires swiftly reposition, falling into more advantageous formations.

With the way clear, the sergeant orders his soldiers to press the attack.

At last, one of the human soldiers overcomes his fear and takes the initiative, lashing out at the trapped Gortek in a flank, quickly sidestepping.

Choosing to inspire his lone recalcitrant man, the tiefling charges in after Gortek, bellowing a war cry. Upon closing the distance, he rallies his lone fighting trooper, and directs a nearby devils in the strange, esoteric language of the outsiders. The three soldiers attack the dwarf nearly as one in synchronized tandem. Though the blows are many, only one strike manages to penetrate the valiant defender, a downward slash from the human laying into his upper torso.

In the aftermath, the sergeant and one soldier cautiously disengage, the wild storm of attacks and biting weapons providing the cover required.

Following the example of his leader, the remaining soldier runs down the besieged dwarf, thrusting with his blade, doubt vindicated when it is easily shunt aside by Gortek's trusty shield.

ROUND #2:

Devil #3:

Devil #3 readies an action.

ROUND #3:

Devil Leader:

Devil Leader misses Licah with a shield bash.

Devil #3 takes its readied action, charges Licah at G2 and hits (24 vs AC) for 6 damage.

Devil Leader misses Licah miserably with his longsword (natural 1).

Tar Devil:

Tar Devil shifts to D8.

Tar Devil ends Tar Net on Elia.

Tar Devil attacks Gortek with Tar Net and hits (24 vs. Reflex) for 6 fire and poison damage. Gortek is pulled to C7, and is subject to net effects until escape (DC 17). Elia can make an OA on Tar Devil.

Tar Devil slides Gortek to C8.

Devil #1:

Devil #1 attacks Elia (20 vs. AC) for 8 damage. D1 shifts to F9 and allows Tar Devil to shift to D9.

Sympathetic Agony triggers, and the damage is reduced to 4. Elia is now at 10 HP.

Devil #2:

Appears to ready itself.

Devil #4:

Teleports to E7 and attacks Elia (33 vs. AC) for 8 damage. Elia is at 2 HP.

Devil #5:

Appears to ready itself.

D2 teleports to F10. D2 attacks Quinn (24 vs AC) and hits for 8 damage.

D5 teleports to H8 Quinn (16 vs AC) and hits for 8 damage. D5 shifts to H9.

Tiefling Sergeant:

Delays.

Soldier #2:

Charges to B7 and hits Gortek (29 vs. AC) for 8 damage. S2 shifts to A8.

Tiefling Sergeant:

Moves to B7 flanking Gortek.

Attacks Gortek and misses. Allows S2 to shift to B8 and D4 to shift to D8 and each make a basic attack. Tiefling Sergeant shifts to B6.

D4 misses Gortek.

S2 hits Gortek (24 vs. AC) for 8 damage. S2 shifts to A8.

Soldier #3:

Charges to C7 and misses Gortek.

WaffleLord
2012-02-06, 12:43 AM
Karkah

Seeing things fall apart around him, Karkah grits his teeth and throws psychic tendrils everywhere, some healing allies. Reading the situation does not make him happy but desperate action seems necessary. "Misery first, then." He feels a twinge of pain as he forces himself through the tar devils aura to a better location.

"Back off, Sludgie!"

Round 3

Karkah's' Turn

Takes 2 damage from Tar Devil Aura

Move Action:Move to E9, drawing Opp Att from D10 (if the opp att. has any effects other than damage, the following may be modified)

Minor Action: Ardent Surge to Gortek for healing surge plus [roll0]

Standard Action:Unnerving Shove, augment 0
Target:[roll1] vs Tar Devil AC
Hit Effect:[roll2] damage, push Tar Devil to A9.
EDIT 15 plus 6 crit damage (OOC) = 21 damage

ACTION POINT:

If Unnerving Shove missed:
try again
Unnerving Shove, Augment 0
Target:[roll3] vs Tar Devil AC
Hit Effect:[roll4] damage, push Tar Devil to A9.

If Unnerving Shove hit:
Demoralizing Strike Augment 2
Target:[roll5] vs D1 AC
[roll6] vs D2 AC
[roll7] vs D4 AC
Hit Effect:[roll8] damage, -4 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Free Action: If ANY of my attacks hit, I will use my Quick Greatsword item power against either D4, D1, or D2, in that order, depending on who still lives. If none are alive or in range, never mind.
Attack:[roll9] vs whomever's AC
(should have been +10 but a 1's a 1)

Thank you for your patience.

Stat Block
THP: 0 HP: 37/39 Bloodied: 19 Surge Value: 9 Healing Surges: (10/10)
Action Points: 0 (used)

Permanent Effects:

Non At-Will Powers
Power Points: 0

Attacks:
Implanted Suggestion [ ]

Utilities:
Ardent Surge [X] [X]
Ardent Outrage [ ]
Sympathetic Agony [X]
Knack for Success [ ]

Item Powers:
Quick Greatsword [X]
Reflexive Armor [ ]

Surrealistik
2012-02-06, 02:36 AM
As Karkah stumbles through the tar devil's cloying miasma, he takes a lunge at the passing Half-Elf, face twisted with a sadistic, predatory grin as it revels in the bite of its serrated weapon, tearing chunks of flesh from its victim's leg. Only too soon however, does the thing's perverse elation turn to anguish as the psychic's greatsword tears open its chest, edge discharging a wave of telekinetic force that blasts the hellspawn backward. There, the infernal slams against the northern wall, knocking over the brazier stationed nearby, followed by the thunder of its impact. Flame and scarlet light stream from the open wound as the tar devil howls in abject pain, scarcely able to refocus on the battle.

Having removed the greater hellspawn, Karkah discharges a wave of psychic energy, tendrils of power striking wildly at those foes about him. One impales a legionnaire, causing the creature to detonate in a riot of hellfire and crimson light. Oddly, the energy released upon its demise quickly comes to settle upon the tiefling sergeant, encompassing it within a corona of scintillating red light. He appears invigorated, evidently empowered by the peculiar aura.

With the font of oppressive heat and noxious gas removed, Elia and Gortek can breathe much more freely, regaining lost coordination as (relatively) fresh air streams into their lungs.

Karkah's Turn:

Tar Devil makes an OA against Karkah hitting (27 vs. AC) for 14 damage.

Legion Devil #4 dies, and the Tiefling Sergeant is empowered by a strange red aura.

Dekkah
2012-02-06, 10:17 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
Thwe tough dwarf grunt in pain adn he is assaulted by the enemies. At first, only his dwarven stubborness keep him on his feets, but when Karkah yell him to keep fighting, the dwarf shake some of the pain and keep on the pressure.
He first use his warden training to call upon the mountain toughness and thunder stroms. His skin turn a greyish color and some lines of lightning appear over it like tatoos.
While the net makes every movement difficult, Gortek decide to try and finish off the bleeding monster once and for all. He try to cut the soldier in front of him in half, yelling some encouragement to Elia,
"Dont ya give in elf!"

Takes 6 +8 +8 damages during enemy turn.
Regain 13 HP from healing (Karkah)

Start of turn : Takes 2 ongoing fire/poison damages
Minor : Form of the mountain Thunder, Resist all 3, +1 Ac, Once per round marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damage when I hit with melee attack.
Move : Inspiring word on Elia, Spend a surge +[roll0]
Standard : Strenght of stone on S2, (-2 (REstrained), -2 (Squad Tactics)), [roll1] VS AC
Hit : [roll2] damages, Gortek gain 3 TEMP HP, Marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damages (S2, S3, Tiefling Sergent).

Rest of turn depends on this attack. (probably AP)

Dekkah
2012-02-06, 10:23 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
Missing the soldier, the dwarf curse under his breath and exert himself to keep one the attack reversing his blade and motion.

"Elf, you have to help Quinn, I wont make it up to him in time."

Standard : Strenght of stone on S2, (-2 (REstrained), -2 (Squad Tactics)), [roll0] VS AC
Hit : [roll1] damages, Gortek gain 3 TEMP HP, Marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damages (S2, S3, Tieflin Sergeant).
Free : Mark adjacent enemies (S2)
End of turn : Mark ends on S3 and Tiefling Sergent

THP: 0 HP 15/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (10/12)
AC 20 (21) Fort 17 Reflex 14 Will 17 Speed 5

+1 AC, Resist 3 all damages and enemies take 4 Thunder damages when I hit with melee attack on per round UEE (Form of Thunder mountain)
Netted (Ongoing 2 fire/Poison damages and restrained)

Tiefling Sergeant, S2 UENT (Nature Wrath)

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Inspiring word
Action point
Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Shyftir
2012-02-06, 03:52 PM
Licah

The raging minotaur realizes that his current situation is dangerous at best, and fatal if luck turns against him. So he decides to change the situation. With a roar of bestial rage, he bursts away from his opponents and charges across the room, attacking the Tar Devil.

Round 4:

Licah's Turn:

Move Action: Shift to F2

Standard Action: Charging and Howling Strike
Charge to A10 (making sure to go through A9) (No OAs due to Badge of Berserker, and plus 2 speed from howling strike due to raging.
Target: Tar Devil
[roll0] (I'm not sure what extra modifiers are going on but I get +2 from reckless charge.)
Hit Effect: 2(W) [roll1] + [roll2] + 5 + [roll3] (Vanguard weapon) damage

brutal re-rolls: [roll4]

Stat Block:
THP: 0 HP: 17/42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value: 10 Healing Surges: (7/7)

Permanent Effects:

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Goring Charge [ ]
Avalanche Strike [ ]
Brutal Slam [ ]

Thunder Hooves Rage [x]

Utilities:

Swift Charge [ ]
Shrug It Off [ ]

Item Powers:

Vanguard Weapon [ ]
Bestial Armor [ ]

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-06, 09:35 PM
Elia

The elf, now in the full flow of battle, calls upon her inner reserves of strength. Kept on her feet by her allies and their magic, even magic as simple as a shout of encouragement had effect, she knew she had to rapidly reduce the enemy numbers. With a wordless smile, she looked at the devils arrayed around her. Into her belt pouch her hand flew, and she grabbed a handful of sand, and she threw it towards the devils, the multicolored sand bursting into a rainbow of power.

Standard: Color Spray F6-J10
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Target is dazed until EOMNT
Move: Shift to D9

Shyftir
2012-02-07, 05:13 AM
With the death of the Tar Devil, Licah feels a surge of adrenaline and once more bursts toward his foe.

Licah's Turn - Supplemental

Free Action: Swift Charge
I charge an enemy..
Move to B7 (unless its too close then to E10)
oh look I can use howling strike..
Target: Teifling Sarge (or Devil #2)
[roll0] vs. AC (charging bonus = yay!)
Hit: [roll1] + [roll2] (VW) +5.
(brutal rerolls for first two d6 = [roll3]

Stat Block:

THP: 0 HP: 17/42 Bloodied 21 Surge Value: 10 Healing Surges: (7/7)
AC 18 Fort 14 Reflex 20 Will 17
Speed 6 Action Points: 0

Permanent Effects:

Bloodied
-2 AC until EonT (reckless)

Non At-Will Powers:

Attacks:

Goring Charge [ ]
Avalanche Strike [ ]
Brutal Slam [ ]

Thunder Hooves Rage [x]

Utilities:

Swift Charge [x]
Shrug It Off [ ]

Item Powers:

Vanguard Weapon [ ]
Bestial Armor [ ]

Dekkah
2012-02-07, 10:54 AM
Quinn
I dont think that Quinn mo ve 3 squares last turn, so he doesnt have his 1 AC bonus form shadow walk...
When Tar devil dies, it triggered my pack boon, increasing prime shot to +3 UENT.

Minor : Fiendish resilience, gain 9 TEMP HP
Move : Shift to F8
NOTE : My attack do provoke an OA from D1 with this range attack - best I could do sadly)
Standard : Eye of vestige on D1 (+3 Prime shot), [roll0] VS Reflex
Hit : [roll1] Psychic damages and place Curse on D2
Standard : Eye of vestige on D1 (if still alive) or D5 (+3 Prime shot), [roll2] VS Reflex
Hit : [roll3] Psychic damages and place Curse on D2 (if first attack missed) or apply cursed damage on him if he is cursed (from first attack) [roll4] damages.
End of turn :PAck of Zulta bonus end (unless I killed D2 who was cursed)

NOTE : I decided to try and optimise my prime shot and clear the minions to save us all the possible flanking and attacks from minions rather than try finish off the leader.... on whom I dont have a so good attack bonus.... lets pray I took the right decision.

Surrealistik
2012-02-07, 03:40 PM
Quinn's Turn:

Devil #1 attacks and misses Quinn with an OA.

Round #4

Devil #3:

Devil #3 delays.

Devil Leader:

Devil Leader delays.

Devil #1:

Devil #1 delays.

Devil #2:

Devil #2 delays.

Devil #5:

Devil #5 delays.

Soldier #2:

Soldier #2 delays.

Tiefling Sergeant:

Tiefling Sergeant attacks Licah (allows Soldier #2 to shift to B8 and flank) with his longsword and hits (17 vs. AC) for 17 damage. Licah is now at 0 and is dying and unconscious. Tiefling Sergeant moves to F7.

Tiefling Sergeant uses Deploy Here!:

D1 shifts to E8.
D2 shifts to E10.
D5 shifts to G8.
DL shifts to G3.
D3 shifts to F3.

Devil #1:

Returns to initiative and seems to ready itself.

Devil #2:

Returns to initiative and seems to ready itself.

Devil #2 teleports to D9 and attacks Elia hitting (21 vs. AC) for 8 damage.

Devil #1 attacks Elia hitting (19 vs. AC) for 8 damage. Elia is now at -2 and is dying and unconscious. Devil #1 allows Devil #2 to shift to D10.

Devil Leader:

Returns to initiative.

Summons a Devil Trooper (D6) at D6.

Marks Gortek. While marked, the Devil Leader's allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against him.

Charges Gortek and hits (32 vs. AC) for 14 damage.

Devil Leader:

Returns to initiative.

Summons a Devil Trooper (D6) at D6.

Marks Gortek. While marked, the Devil Leader's allies gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls against him.

Charges Gortek and hits (32 vs. AC) for 14 damage.

Devil #6:

Appears to ready itself.

Devil #5:

Returns to initiative and appears to ready itself.

Devil #6 teleports to E7.

Devil #5 teleports to G9, flanking Quinn with Devil 6.

D6 attacks Quinn hitting (24 vs. AC) for 8 damage.

D5 attacks Quinn hitting (22 vs. AC) for 8 damage, and allows himself to shift to F9. Quinn is now at 1 hp.

Devil #3:

Returns to initiative and teleports to I6.

Devil #3 charges Quinn in a flank hitting (18 vs. AC) for 8 damage. Quinn is at -7 HP and is dying and unconscious.

Soldier #2:

Returns to initiative and shifts to C9.

S2 attacks Gortek and misses (19 vs. AC)

Soldier #3:

Returns to initiative and attacks Gortek.

S3 attacks Gortek and hits (24 vs. AC) for 8 damage. Gortek is at -7 HP and is dying and unconscious. S3 shifts to D6.

Surrealistik
2012-02-12, 02:03 PM
Narrowly surviving the flank between the infantry and devils, you cannot help but wonder at the implications of what had just transpired, each of them sending a chill down your spine. Is this the sum of Karavakos' desperation? Has he been reduced to the conjuration of hellspawn in the stark twilight of his dying rule? Though you know him to be a powerful wizard and certainly capable of such a feat, even for a dictator as ruthless as that hated tiefling the act seems almost unthinkable, well beyond a moral event horizon even he would dare not cross. Be that as it may, the evidence before you is undeniable. Elia has confirmed beyond any doubt that what you have fought was indeed progeny of the Nine Hells, the base rank and file of Asmodeus' sprawling and eternal legions. Though there exists the faint hope that these infernals were the first and last, it appears a foolhardy notion, couched in dangerous naivety that you can presently ill-afford.

Taking a brief respite, you dress your wounds as best you can, the copious supplies within the cellar lending themselves well to your efforts. No further hostiles stream either from the chink in the ceiling, nor the stairwell. Above you, the cacophony of a massacre continues to resound, air punctuated by terrified screams and a great stomping of boots. Over time, the sounds become ever fainter until at last there is a relative silence, with only staggered, erratic cries varying this unsettling quietude.

Gathering your courage, you move to the staircase. Testing the hatch atop, you find it will not budge, blockaided by something of substantial weight; it becomes clear your assailants had no intention of retreat, fully set on either your capture or destruction. Between Licah and Gortek though, this obstacle proves fleeting at best, and whatever the barring article was, it is soundly shunted aside with a final, mighty thrust. With the way now clear, each of you cautiously amble to the floor above.

There you are greeted with the stench of sulfur, of burning bodies and noxious smoke. The air is thick with it, the odour ubiquitous, impossible to avoid or ward against. Within a minute of exposure you feel light-headed, almost dizzied by its overpowering pungency. However, this is nothing when contrasted to the carnage and destruction you see wrought about you. A dresser here has been sundered into pieces, the door to the room torn from its hinges, a bed and chest flung about and an underlying patterned black carpet dishevelled, soaked with blood and dragged haphazardly across the floor. Shards of a standing mirror lay scattered on the ground.

To the south, sprawled against the western wall in a pool of blood, you see the crumpled form of Nero, your contact and the proprietor of this house. His belly has been sliced open, foul smelling viscera spilling out from the bloody rift there. His eyes are partly closed, staring ahead with dead, glassy eyes, an expression of horror locked upon his countenance.

Passive Perception (everyone but Karkah):
Though Nero appears to be very much dead at first glance, several of you notice a brief and periodic movement about his chest.

Map: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1UxOU6r9iv6ihbpNLUVGXKaa8iz58m9kKulNk9FwQHWA/edit?authkey=CPjiwKoF

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-12, 02:34 PM
Elia

"Heal him. I have no skill in it." She says, indicating the barely alive man, and looks around for threats.

Detecting magic [roll0]

Insight to figure out what is going on. [roll1]

Paperscrap
2012-02-12, 07:50 PM
Morrigan

The raven haired cleric amongst the party would nod in affirmation to Elia, the chains of her heavy armor rattling audibly with her approach. "It seems they were very thorough." Morrigan would remark, her eyes scanning his body as she gauged whether or not his condition would be salvageable. "As much as I regret saying so, he looks too far gone. Still, it couldn't hurt to see."

Should the approach be safe, the healer would make her way over towards his fallen corpse before giving him a look over; hand extending to check for a pulse; however weak it may be. "Are you still there friend? Help is here. You need not accept death's embrace just yet."

Perception [roll0] To check to make sure that his condition is safe to approach (chest movement reminds me a little bit too much of the movie ALIEN).

Healing check [roll1] To determine everything about his current condition

WaffleLord
2012-02-13, 12:17 AM
Karkah

Seeing the destruction about him and the wounded tended to, he focuses his concentration on the outer room. Making his way carefully across the room, he superstitiously avoids the broken mirror pieces and looks out the shattered door into the outer room. He sniffs the air and snorts out the fouls smelling sulfur. "These fiends leave their stench like a calling card. Proud of their stink. Hmmph."
Move to E4
Perception - [roll0] what catches my watery eyes.

Dekkah
2012-02-13, 08:39 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
Gortek had seen many battles, but he always is surprised and disgusted at the gruesome scene left in their wake. As he spot Nero corpse his eyes narrow. "Carefull Morrigan. We dont know what trick the enemies left behind. With all these wounds, he should not be alive. It might not be Nero that you are gonna try ot help."

He move beside Morrigan to protect him in case his fears turn true.

I fear that Nero will be some undead or hosting some monster or the like. This comes from the previous encounter and who is against us .
Perception : [roll0]
Religion (check for undead status or possession/devilish stuff) : [roll1]

Surrealistik
2012-02-13, 07:26 PM
Spotting little more amiss than the ghastly crevasse in the gnome's chest, Morrigan draws close to the former proprietor so she can make a more thorough diagnosis beyond what is readily apparent.

All of you note that the room is poorly lit. The only source of illumination streams in from the adjacent living room; a weak, flickering shaft of pale orange light. Further, as you remain exposed to the noxious stench, the effect of the thick miasma seems to compound and intensify; if you continue breathing this air unfiltered, it seems likely your ability to function will be compromised.

Room Conditions:
All squares in this room are dimly lit. Those without low-light vision take a -2 penalty to Perception checks, and other checks that require visual acuity concerning items/squares in the low-light areas.

Though the stench has not had any adverse consequences just yet, your characters are beginning to feel seriously affected by it.

Morrigan:
After less than a minute of examination, aside from some scrapes and a particularly nasty gash in the fey's side, you find little more of note in the way of Nero's present condition. Clearly the cause of apparent death is as advertised. In the process of examining your contact however, you also discover that he is indeed alive, albeit barely and it seems unlikely that this will be the case for much longer. Nero has lost a great deal of blood; his pulse is very weak and breath more shallow still. No healing aptitude or magic known to you could hope to salvage such a far gone case.

Gortek:
Perception/Religion: To the best of your failing knowledge, you sense and detect nothing amiss about Nero, including in the way of undeath or possession.

Karkah:
Perception: The portrait of slaughter here is even worse, and more visceral than that in the savaged bedroom. Blood paints the walls and floor in several areas, streaking messily about its span. You note a trail of crimson, surely that left by Nero's spread entrails, leads from the door to his final resting place in the corner. You also notice another body sprawled upon the floor within your field of vision. Rowan, one of the local resistance leaders is plainly amongst them, closest to the door; though you are certainly no physician, he appears very much dead, his upper torso nearly bisected, and about torn to bits with a multiple of deep cuts. Though you see a sizable puddle of blood just north of the fireplace, the source cannot be discerned from your present vantage.

Chairs, tables, and shelves have all been pulled and flipped, strewn chaotically about the place, most of the furniture damaged, as if by combat and its evident rough handling. A fire remains lit in the hearth across from you, nosily crackling and sparking, casting an unsteady, flickering orange light over the gruesome scene.The remains of a makeshift blockaide are scattered about the south end of the common area, along with what remains of the door, dashed to ruins.

Elia:
Arcana: There is unmistakably a faint, glowing residue of magical energy all about you. You identify it as being typical of the conjuration sub-school. The noxious miasma does not seem to be magical in nature.

Insight: At this point you can only presume that the secrecy of the safehouse has been somehow compromised, resulting in a raid.

Paperscrap
2012-02-13, 08:07 PM
"I'm sorry, friend. We should have come sooner. May you find peace in death." She frowned as she brought her hand away from his wrist, instead putting her digits towards the task of closing his eyelids. Taking a brief moment to recover from the morbid scene, she would look over towards the dwarf before nodding, acknowledging her thanks for his vigilance. "Perhaps it's for the best if we leave now. I've seen a lot of unsettling things in my days, but this place makes me sick. It's as if the air itself is corrupted with death." The miasma finally getting to her, she would rise while fishing out a cloth to cover her face with; eyes still locked on the fallen man before her. "Such a waste. Karavakos will pay... one way or the other. It's almost pitiable that the man seeks infernal aid as a means for salvation. Clearly, he knows nothing of devils."

Shyftir
2012-02-13, 09:18 PM
Licah

"I think we oughta get outa here, guys. This place smells real bad now."

Licah's logic wasn't complicated. It is unpleasant here, he looks for a way out.

Perception:
[roll0] looking for a way out.

Surrealistik
2012-02-13, 11:46 PM
Licah:
((See Karkah's result in the last post.)) The only exit you are aware of would be the doorway to the south, which you can plainly see by the glow of firelight.

WaffleLord
2012-02-14, 11:46 AM
Karkah

"I agree with Bull Friend. My mouth feels coated with suffering." He moves carefully through the shattered room. A look of distaste and slight nausea visits his face. He steps cautiously, almost daintily, around the wreckage. He pauses and turns to his comrades. "We are leaving, yes?"
Move halfway to southern door. Exact spot DM choice. My work firewall is having spastic fits about Security Certificates with Google Docs.

Shyftir
2012-02-14, 07:53 PM
Licah

"Yah, no point staying here."

The minotaur follows, seeking to leave the carnage.

Same as Karkah, stopping one space behind him.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-14, 09:12 PM
Elia

Elia says nothing, following behind the others.

Dekkah
2012-02-15, 10:08 AM
Gortek BLoodstone
The dwarf nod to Karkah,
"Me'll lead the way then, in case we get jumped upon."
The warden take position in front of the group, at the main door, and look outside for dangers.
Percpetion outside : [roll0]

Paperscrap
2012-02-15, 01:02 PM
Morri will be moving too, to stick with the group!

I'd also like to make a perception check of [roll0] to check for any dangers, although I'm not sure if I can do so or not from my location.

Surrealistik
2012-02-15, 09:59 PM
The portrait of slaughter here is even worse, and more visceral than that in the savaged bedroom. Blood paints the walls and floor in several areas, streaking messily about its span. You note a trail of crimson, surely that left by Nero's spread entrails, leads from the door to his final resting place in the corner of the bedroom. You also notice another body sprawled upon the floor within your field of vision close to the entrance. It appears to be that of Rowan, one of the local resistance leaders; he appears very much dead, his upper torso nearly bisected, and about torn to bits with a multitude of deep cuts. Though you see a sprawling puddle of blood just north of the fireplace, the source cannot be discerned from your present vantage.

Chairs, tables, and shelves have all been pulled and flipped, strewn chaotically about the place, most of the furniture damaged, as if by combat and its evident rough handling. A fire remains lit in the hearth across from you, nosily crackling and sparking, casting an unsteady, flickering orange light over the gruesome scene.The remains of a makeshift blockaide are scattered about the south end of the common area, along with what remains of the door, dashed to ruins.

To the west, between two toppled chairs lies the remains of what is barely recognizable as one of the resistance's sympathizers amongst the guardsmen. His uniform and body have been shredded to bloody ribbons, a spray of crimson surrounding its eviscerated ruin. Glinting dully nearby in the light of the fire is his standard issue short sword.

Morrigan:
As you leave, the last to step out from the disordered bedroom, Nero begins to stir, attempting in vain to sit up, a hand weakly reaching towards you, as if to beckon you over.

"...resistance...betrayed..."

Rasps the gnome before his arm drops limp at his side. With a final shudder, a font of blood oozes from his mouth, and he falls silent, head pitching forward.

Gortek:
Peering out onto the street, the first thing you notice that the air is somewhat fresher than it is in the house. Though still cloying and poisonous outside, it is notably less onerous than that trapped within the living room's poorly ventilated confines.

The second thing is that your surroundings have the appearance of a massacre. All over are bloodstains, fallen weapons, spilled gore and scorch marks. Surprisingly, you note very little in the way of corpses, what few can be seen are blackened and scorched, until your eyes discern why, gravitating to the source of the horrible stench. There you see two mountainous piles of slain townsfolk, one to the west, near the outer tenants and parkland, the other to the east before the fountain of the western bazaar. The bodies comprising each have been haphazardly heaped together and set alight, both loosing many plumes of noxious black smoke that merge seamlessly with the night sky.

Spiked barricades tinged with blood line the streets, reinforced with barrels you presume to be weighted down. Supplementing these makeshift garrisons are overturned carts and stacked lumber. You immediately surmise that these obstructions would prove a considerable, and hazardous impediment unless handled carefully and without duress.

Besides this, there is not a soul to be seen. The blood soaked streets are barren but for the sickening detritus of bodily remains.

Finally, and perhaps most startling of all, emanating from Karavakos' keep several miles in the distance to the east, you see a towering pillar of flame, strange and otherworldly erupting from its apex. The sum appearance of it is reminiscent of some mammoth torch. There, within its burning depths, ebony fires entwine and merge with blazing skeins of orange and sanguine crimson. The sight is ominous, as harrowing as it is unusual, and though you've never seen anything like it, you immediately know its implications cannot be good.

Dekkah
2012-02-16, 10:26 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
Disgusted at the gruesome scene, Gortek have some trouble keeping his dinner. As he spot the tower, he stare blankly for a few second and say to his allies,
"Me thinks Karavakos sold his soul to tha devils. Look at that! Me dont like what this implies... Me guess we know from where came those demons. "
The drawf point the keep several miles in the distance, where you can see a towering pillar of flame, strange and otherworldly, erupting from its apex.

"Me thinks we should get moving. We cannot do anything for those here, maybe we can for someone else."

Paperscrap
2012-02-16, 11:55 AM
It took quite a lot to unnerve a cleric with little reason to fear death. Seeing the disturbing death of a friend and a sprawling plane of hellfire and charred bodies, it would seem, crossed that line. Gripping her mechanical staff tightly, Morrigan felt compelled to step past Gortek as the dwarf called notice to the ghastly scene; a look of apprehension and confusion residing upon her blood and sweat marred face. "Help us... it's like a gateway to the nine hells. How did this come to be in such a short time? Do we even stand a chance?"

Gortek's words would cause the priest to turn around, wondering where he found his courage. Even still, she seemed to realize the new found importance their mission now took. "...You're right. If he isn't stopped soon, there will be nothing keeping him from summoning an entire legion of devils, if he hasn't already done so. There'd be no hope for this plane if that came to be. We should do what we can. In the meantime, however, we should be very careful; this wholesale slaughter didn't occur without a hand to back it."

WaffleLord
2012-02-17, 01:51 PM
Karkah

Keeping his eye on Elia to be sure she is not left behind, he steps out in the clearer night air. He breathes deeply the fresher air but coughs and sputters when seeing the piles of dead stacked and burning about the city. He blanches but clenches his jaw, swallows hard, and averts his eyes. Peering about the carnage, he seeks some signs of hope that anyone could have survived this. With little hope to be seen, he falls back upon the teachings of his mentor. "I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way." Steel resolve calms his mind and body.

"Let's clear a path through these barriers," he quietly says to Gortek. "I don't want to be playing monkey over a barrel if we are ambushed. Bearded one, a hand, please?"

Keeping to the side of the street, senses alert with caution, Karkah moves towards the the weighted barrels to the east. investigating the easiest way to clear a path.

Perception - Inspect the barricade/barrels - [roll0]

Dekkah
2012-02-17, 01:59 PM
Gortek Bloodstone

The dwarf nod to Karkah and help him make some path for the group.

Shyftir
2012-02-17, 04:27 PM
Licah

Licah joins the effort to clear the way, making a point of man-handling the especially heavy barrels.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-17, 05:30 PM
Elia

Elia follows the others out, and keeps an eye out as they start clearing debris.

I don't have my perc. Mod in front of me, but I want to make a perc. Check if yu don't mind rolling for me

Paperscrap
2012-02-17, 05:41 PM
Though not necessarily all that strong, Morri would go ahead and lend her hand as well; keeping an eye and an ear out like Elia as she did so.

Perception Check from Morri to gauge danger in the nearby surroundings: [roll0]

(I went ahead and rolled for you too Elia, hopefully that's okay! I was able to get your mod from the combat tracker thing while looking up mine)

Perception Check from Elia: [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-18, 12:18 AM
Elia

"Watch out!" Elia says, pointing towards the flames. She focuses and moves her hands rythmically before pointing her orb at the fire.

Standard: Icy Terrain on M 14 (burst 1)
[roll0]
[roll1] cold
Hit: target is knocked prone.
Effect: Burst area becomes difficult terrain until EOMNT (minor end)

Surrealistik
2012-02-18, 12:25 AM
As most of the party moves towards the eastern barricade with the intent to dismantle, Elia's eyes are drawn to the ghastly pyre before the fountain, seemingly captivated by its flickering dance. It only dawns too late when you hear something terrible roar within that her transfixion has little to do with the flame itself. Responding quickly, the wizardess conjures a slick of ice beneath the burning thing obscured amongst the smoke and fire, forcing it to crash down upon the charred bodies underfoot.

A burst of flame explodes from the devil upon impact, just scarcely falling short of Karkah. Infuriated, the thing immediately scrabbles to its feet.

Combat Conditions:
The Flame Devil and ???? get a surprise round. Elia is not surprised and can act in the surprise round.

Lighting:
Unless otherwise indicated, squares are dimly lit by the towering flame pillar from Karavakos' keep and the two nearby corpse pyres.

Noxious Fumes:
These squares are lightly obscured.

Creatures who breathe, aren't holding their breath and end their turn in a square here take 2 poison damage and are dazed (save ends).

A creature that takes damage must make an Endurance check with a DC equal to the damage taken at the end of his turn to continue holding his breath.

Flames:
These squares are heavily obscured and difficult terrain (Athletics DC 15 to ignore DT).

Creatures that enter the area or start their turns here take 5 fire damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

Karkah:
You can't really discern anything unusual from the barrels that comprise part of the barricade; at least not from here.

Elia:
Looking into the horrific pyre before the fountain, you could've sworn you'd seen streaks of black flame, glimpses of a face, a claw, some wavering, barely humanoid silhouette swirling about in the roaring depths of the corpse fire. Your suspicions seem confirmed when the thing within again surfaces, barely discernible within the thick smoke. It locks cinder eyes with yours, and roars aloud before charging at Karkah.

In the house across the street to the south, you also note a soldier surreptitiously taking aim with his crossbow (he has cover from his position).

Surrealistik
2012-02-18, 08:58 PM
From concealed positions in the southern house, two soldiers fire their crossbows though the window. One bolt strikes Licah through the chest, while the other flies wide, ricocheting off cobblestone.

The burning devil within the pyre howls, appearing to expand before suddenly rupturing into a great wave of crackling black flame that envelops the party. The pain it inflicts is incredible, seeming to scorch the very soul as it roars past all but Morrigan, settling on the ground in a pool of hissing, shifting magma, wafting incredible heat. All within the blast of ebony flame are ignited by the scalding rush, the pyres clinging agonizingly to flesh and armour alike.

However, this seems in no way the end of the ambush. From beyond another window in the southern house, a strange grey devil completes a muttered invocation. Suddenly a wavering sphere of black-red fire settles upon the party. Summoning her inner reserves as this magic descends, Morrigan is able to manipulate the conduits of arcane power falling over the area, teleporting to soggy safety in a nearby trough. Her companions however, aren't so lucky, seized within an opaque prison of flame and buffeted about as space and time dilate and contort within, disorientating each of those trapped in its expanse. Gortek manages to resist the warping energies, as well as part of the disorientation caused by the zone. Elia vanishes only to reappear within the choking black smog. Karkah and Licah both fall over prone as they struggle to avoid being discorporated elsewhere.

Battlefield Conditions:
"Prison Zone (effects you are aware of):"

The zone blocks line of sight and effect to creatures outside of the zone.

Whenever an enemy willingly and fully leaves the zone, or targets a creature outside of the zone, that enemy takes 10 fire and necrotic damage, or 30 if the grey devil is within the zone.

An enemy that does not willingly leave the zone has its movement cancelled and is teleported to a square of the grey devil’s choice within the zone.

The grey devil has line of sight to all squares within the zone.

"Flame Aura (effects you are aware of):"

Non-devils that enter the aura or end their turns there take 5 fire and necrotic damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

Squares within the aura are lightly concealed to creatures outside of the aura.

"Flame Devil"

The Flame Devil is now a swarm.

Squares in the Flame Devil's space count as difficult terrain.

While sharing the Flame Devil's space you count as flanked by the Flame Devil.

Water Sources:

Those adjacent to or in a water source can spend a move action to make a saving throw against ongoing fire damage with a +2 bonus.

Lighting:

Unless otherwise indicated, squares are dimly lit by the towering flame pillar from Karavakos' keep and the two nearby corpse pyres.

Noxious Fumes:

These squares are lightly obscured.

Creatures who breathe, aren't holding their breath and end their turn in a square here take 2 poison damage and are dazed (save ends).

A creature that takes damage must make an Endurance check with a DC equal to the damage taken to continue holding its breath.

Flames:

These squares are heavily obscured and difficult terrain (Athletics DC 15 to ignore DT).

Creatures that enter the area or start their turns here take 5 fire damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

Surprise Round Summary:
Surprise Round:

Elia:

Hits 'Flame Devil' for 7 cold damage. 'Flame Devil' is knocked prone.

'Flame Devil' exudes a blast of flame upon taking damage, and the prone condition ends.

Soldier #1:

Fires its crossbow and hits Licah for 6 damage (23 vs. AC).

Soldier #2:

Fires its crossbow at Licah and misses.

'Flame Devil:'

'Flame Devil' hits Elia (18 vs Ref). Elia uses Shield as an immediate interrupt and the attack misses. Elia takes 5 fire and necrotic damage and 5 ongoing fire and necrotic damage (save ends).

Flame Devil hits Karkah (26 vs Ref), Licah (19 vs Ref), and Gortek (18 vs Ref). Each takes 10 fire and necrotic damage, and 10 ongoing fire and necrotic damage (save ends).

Everyone is in the Flame Devil's aura. Non-devils that enter the aura or end their turns there take 5 fire and necrotic damage. Squares within the aura are lightly concealed to creatures outside of the aura. A creature can only take this damage once per turn.

The Flame Devil has become an area of animate, living fire:

The Flame Devil is now a swarm.

Squares in the Flame Devil's space count as difficult terrain.

While sharing the Flame Devil's space you count as flanked by the Flame Devil.

'Gray Devil:'

Hits Elia (25 vs Will), Karkah (33 vs Will, Crit!), Licah (26 vs Will), Gortek 33 vs Will, Crit!). All targets are dazed until the end of the devil's next turn.

Elia is teleported to L12 (fails saving throw to avoid forced movement with a 2).

Karkah succeeds on his saving throw (18 vs Forced Movement) but falls prone.

Licah succeeds on his saving throw (18 vs Forced Movement) but falls prone.

Gortek succeeds on his saving throw (20 vs Forced Movement) and saves against falling prone (18 vs Prone).

Misses Morrigan. Morrigan teleports to K7. Glub glub.

"Prison Zone (effects you are aware of):"

The zone blocks line of sight and effect to creatures outside of the zone.

Whenever an enemy willingly and fully leaves the zone, or targets a creature outside of the zone, that enemy takes 10 fire and necrotic damage, or 30 if the grey devil is within the zone.

An enemy that does not willingly leave the zone has its movement cancelled and is teleported to a square of the grey devil’s choice within the zone.

The grey devil has line of sight to all squares within the zone.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-18, 09:22 PM
Elia

Dazed by the ferocity of the attacks, Elia recovers quickly enough to use one of her magical attacks.

Since i'm dazed...

Take 5 damage

Standard: Color Spray targeting M10-Q14

[roll0]
[roll1] plus daze

[roll2]

Paperscrap
2012-02-18, 09:33 PM
Having been taken completely offguard, Morrigan let out a yelp that was quickly replaced with the sound of an object crashing into water shortly thereafter. Perhaps it would have been more prudent for her to have thought her course of action out a little better; though given that what she'd done was purely reactionary, it couldn't really be helped. Now covered in cold, grimy water, the cleric didn't look all that pleased as she pulled herself up to check out her surroundings; another ambush, it seemed. What was more curious, however, was that her allies didn't seem anywhere in sight... and what the hell was that sphere? Knowing the source of it, she'd turn her vision back towards the devil as she tried to identify the creature; realizing she didn't have much time before the creatures attacked again. Wishing to return fire before that happened, she'd summon forth a blinding flash of light that soon became solid; the lances twisting and arching towards the building where they would inevitably become planted in the side of it. After the flashy display, she'd slosh back down into the trough; ignoring the cold water as she used the wood as a shield.

Knowledge, Arcana: [roll0] to figure out what the heck the Grey demon is
Standard Action: Hand of Radiance
[roll1] on the right guard
[roll2] on the left guard
[roll3] on the gray demon

Falling prone inside of the trough

Surrealistik
2012-02-18, 10:36 PM
As Elia strikes the living mass of fire with her prismatic blast, it flares up, birthing a pyroclasm within the tight confines of the burning prison. Unfortunately the choking smog and intense heat take their toll, filling her lungs and savaging the mage.

Nevertheless, the arcane assault seemed to have its intended effect as the carpet of magma and flame appears to slow, its flowing movements becoming tentative and uncertain.

The Flame Devil takes 11 21 radiant damage (vulnerable 10 bursts/blasts) and is dazed UENT (El-2).

Elia takes 2 poison damage from the noxious fumes and is dazed (save ends).

Elia takes 5 fire and necrotic damage from the flame aura.

Flame Devil hits Karkah (23 vs Fort), Licah (19 vs Fort), Elia (15 vs Fort) and Gortek (23 vs Fort) for 5 fire and necrotic damage.

Morrigan:
The Grey Devil you see is in fact a Gaoler Fiend; the lesser wardens, torture masters and jail keepers of the Nine Hells.

They possess the ability to trap and banish enemies within prisons of hellfire that are punitive to those who would escape, its power redoubled should the devil reside within. These incendiary jails furthermore conspire to aid its progenitor and master against those unfortunates trapped inside. At a whim, no matter his distance or the obstacles between it and its prison, the gaoler may teleport instantly within.

OOC:

Gaoler Fiend - Level 6 Elite Controller
Medium immortal humanoid (devil)
Resist: 10 fire
Immunity: None.
Vulnerable: None.

Traits:
Master of the Prison
The devil has combat advantage against all enemies within its Hellfire Prison zone. Whenever it deals damage to an enemy within the prison with Banishing Blade, that enemy is subject to Scathing Incineration or Tormenting Shackles, ignoring their usage limits.

Standard Actions:
Melee Basic; Banishing Blade (fire, force) * At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +13 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + 10 fire and force damage. If the devil’s Hellfire Prison’s zone is active and the target is within 10 squares of it, the target is teleported into an unoccupied square of the devil’s choice within that zone. This teleportation does not require line of sight or effect.

Hellfire Prison (fire, necrotic, zone) * Recharge when the zone created by this power ends.
Attack: Area burst 2 within 10 squares (each enemy in burst); +11 vs. Will
Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter, the devil is destroyed, ends a turn more than 10 squares away from it, or ends it as a free action. The zone blocks line of sight and effect to creatures outside of the zone. Whenever an enemy willingly and fully leaves the zone, or targets a creature outside of the zone, that enemy takes 10 fire and necrotic damage, or 30 if the devil is within the zone. An enemy that does not willingly leave the zone has its movement cancelled and is teleported to a square of the devil’s choice within the zone. The devil has line of sight to all squares within the zone.
Hit: The target is teleported to an unoccupied square on solid ground of the devil’s choice within the zone and is dazed until the end of the devil’s next turn.
Miss: The target is teleported to a square of its choice outside of and adjacent to the zone.

Minor Actions:
Imprison (teleportation) * At-Will (1/round)
Attack: Close burst 10 (one creature within the burst and 10 squares of the Hellfire Prison zone); +11 vs. Will
Hit: The target is teleported to an unoccupied square of the devil’s choice within its Hellfire Prison zone.

Scathing Incarceration (fire, necrotic) * At-Will (1/round)
Requirement: The devil must be within the Hellfire Prison zone.
Effect: The Hellfire Prison zone makes the following attack:
Attack: Close burst 2 (each enemy in the burst); +11 vs. Fortitude
Hit: The target takes 5 ongoing fire and necrotic damage and can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hitpoints (save ends both). If the target already has ongoing fire and necrotic damage with a save ends duration, increase it by 5 instead of applying this ongoing damage. This effect ends immediately when the target isn’t in the zone.

Chains that Bind * At-Will (1/round)
Requirement: The devil must be within the Hellfire Prison zone.
Effect: The Hellfire Prison zone makes the following attack:
Attack: Close burst 2 (each enemy in the burst); +11 vs. Reflex
Hit: The target is slowed and cannot shift until escape (DC 17) or it isn’t in the Hellfire Prison zone. If the target is already slowed by this effect it is restrained instead of being slowed.
Effect: If the target is already subject to this effect, the zone slides it 3 squares to a square within the zone, ignoring the restrained condition. No square of this forced movement can take the creature outside of the zone.

Move Actions:
Ward the Prison (teleportation) * At-Will
Effect: The devil teleports to a square within the Hellfire Prison zone. The devil does not need line of sight or effect to the destination space, but if it tries to teleport into a space that it cannot occupy, the teleportation is negated.

No Action:
Warden’s Reprieve
Requirement: Hellfire Prison must be active.
Effect: The devil ends Hellfire Prison and makes a saving throw against all effects of its choice active on it with a +5 power bonus, even if that effect doesn't normally end on a save.

Blackfire Devil:

The roiling mass of black humanoid flame you've seen can only be an aptly named Blackfire Devil. These are lesser hellfire entities formed from the flames of Maladomini merged with infernal spiritual essences. Given their brutish demeanour and lack of intelligence, they are often employed as powerful irregular shocktroopers alongside infernal armies.

Blackfire Devils are able to discorporate into carpets of living fire, and exude an aura of intense heat that causes everything within to appear to waver madly. Their touch ignites, and they are fond of seizing their prey, taking great pleasure in sadistically scorching living creatures to death in their searing grasp. Upon being struck and damaged, the infernal unleashes a rallying burst of heat and flame that allows it to shake off most afflictions. The flames this infernal is comprised of and exudes burns more than flesh, scouring the soul as surely as it does the body.

Blackfire Devil - Level 6 Elite Brute
Large immortal humanoid (devil, fire)
Resist: 15 fire, 15 necrotic, half damage ranged and melee when in swarm form.
Immune: None.
Vulnerable: None. Vulnerable 10 bursts and blasts when in swarm form.

Traits:
Hellfire Corona (fire, necrotic) * Aura 1
Creatures entirely within the aura are lightly obscured to creatures outside of the aura. Non-devils that enter the aura or end their turn there take 5 fire and necrotic damage. A creature can only take this damage once per turn. This aura cannot be deactivated.

Standard Actions:
Melee Basic; Hellfire Claw (fire, necrotic) * At-Will
Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +11 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + 4 fire and necrotic damage. The devil can pull the target 1 square and grab it (escape DC 19). While grabbed, the target takes 10 ongoing fire and necrotic damage, and a -5 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage. If the devil does not, or the target is already grabbed, it takes 10 extra damage. Ongoing damage dealt by this power stacks with other ongoing damage.

Grasping Flames * At-Will
Effect: The devil makes two basic attacks. If Discorporating Blast is active, the devil makes a basic attack against every enemy in a close burst 1 it can sense instead.

Discorporating Blast (fire, necrotic) * Recharge when the effect ends.
Attack: Close blast 5 (each enemy and non-devil ally in burst); +11 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + 4 fire and necrotic damage. The target takes ongoing fire and necrotic damage equal to this amount (save ends) or if the target already has ongoing fire and necrotic damage with a save ends duration, increase it by this amount instead.
Miss: Half damage, and half ongoing damage.
Effect: All effects on the devil end. While this effect is active, the devil gains the following characteristics:

The devil gains swarm keyword.
The devil’s reach becomes 1.
The devil gains resist half damage to ranged and melee attacks.
The devil gains vulnerable 10 area and burst attacks.
The devil ignores the first square of forced movement it is subject to and can’t be knocked prone.
The devil’s movement speeds become 1 until it ends this effect.
The devil becomes the size of the blast with a height of 1 square and now occupies the blast’s space.
Creatures grabbed by the devil that share its space are restrained and move with the devil when it moves. This movement does not provoke opportunity attacks.
The devil counts as flanking creatures that share its space.

The devil can end this effect as a move action, reforming in an unoccupied 2x2 area within or adjacent to its space.

Minor Actions:
Incinerating Grasp (fire, necrotic) * At-Will (1/round)
Effect: Close burst 2 (each grabbed target), the grab is sustained and the devil slides the target up to 2 squares to a square within its space or adjacent to it. The target takes 5 ongoing fire and necrotic damage, and can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hit points until the end of the devil’s next turn (save ends both). If the target already has ongoing fire and necrotic damage with a save ends duration, it is increased by this amount instead.

Move Actions:
Drawn to Fire (teleportation) * At-Will
Requirement: Discorporating Blast must not be active.
Effect: Close burst 10 (one fire, fire creature, zone or conjuration, or creature taking ongoing fire damage in the burst), the devil teleports to a square within a close burst 1 of the target. Creatures the devil is grabbing teleport with the devil to adjacent squares of its choice.

Triggered Actions:
Surging Flame (fire, necrotic) * At-Will (1/round)
Trigger: The devil takes damage.
Attack: Close burst 2 or 1 if Blackfire Jet is active (each enemy and non-devil ally in the blast); +11 vs. Fortitude
Hit (No Action): The target takes 1d6+4 fire and necrotic damage.
Effect: The devil can make a save to end an effect active on it, even if that effect doesn’t normally end on a saving throw.

Detonate (fire, necrotic, zone) * At-Will
Trigger: The devil uses Surging Flame
Effect: The devil can increase the size of the Surging Flame’s burst to 5, or 2 if Discorporating Blast is active. If it does, Surging Flame deals 7 extra damage, Surging Flame’s targets are knocked prone on a hit, the devil is destroyed, and a Blackfire Deviling minion for each 28 HP the devil has remaining (rounded up) appear in unoccupied squares within the Surging Flame’s burst. The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the next round. A non-devil that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 fire and necrotic damage. A creature can only take damage from this zone once per turn.

Punishing Grip * At-Will
Trigger: An enemy the devil has grabbed fails an escape attempt
Effect (Immediate Reaction): The triggering creature takes 1d6+4 fire and necrotic damage, can’t save against ongoing fire damage until the start of the devil’s next turn, and the devil uses incinerating grasp on that creature. This ignores that power’s usage limits.

Elia:
Blackfire Devil - Level 6 Elite Brute
Large immortal humanoid (devil, fire)
Resist: 15 fire, 15 necrotic, half damage ranged and melee when in swarm form.
Immune: None.
Vulnerable: None. Vulnerable 10 bursts and blasts when in swarm form.

Dekkah
2012-02-19, 12:32 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
While the goliath was on his guards, he still did spot the enemies in time and take the full force of their attack. A little disoriented at first, he quickly regain his sense with his strong willpower and even shake of the dark fire covering him.

Still, the ravaging fire does its work and burn him a little, but nothing to serious. Thinking the fire elemental a priority, and there is also the fact that it is right in front of him, Gortek mark the creature, gaining its attetion to help protect his allies.

He then take a deep breath and blow onto his axe head, producing a powerful blast of chaotic energy. As the blast fade out, so does Gortek body, becoming slightly gaseous and it drift around the blast.

Undaunted, the dwarf show his heritage stoicness and keep walking by the dazed fire enemy, trought the prison magical wall and up to the archer to block their sight partially, granting protection to his allies.

Gortek takes 10 Fire and necrotic damage from elemetal Attack.
Gortek is dazed by the Grey devil.
Take 5 Necrotic/fire damage from FLame devil

Start of turn : Save VS Dazed granted by superir will, roll done in OOC (10 = Saved)
Start of turn :Save VS 10 ongoing fire/necrotic granted by font of life (+1 (from Armor)), roll done in OOC (17 = saved)
Free : Mark Black Fire Devil
Minor : Form of the mountain thunder (Gain resist 3 all damages, +1 AC, one per round when I hit with a melee attack, marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damages.) Until the end of the encounter
Standard : Chaos Breath, close balst 2 (M10/N11)
Attack on Blackfire Devil(+2 (CA - Dazed)) : [roll0] VS Fortitude
Hit : [roll1] Damages + [roll2] damages (since target is marked) and slide the target 1 (Diagonaly down/right - Assuming the creature is K9/O13, It move to L10/P14)
Effect : Become Unsusbtantial UENT and shift my speed somewhere adjacent to the blast (Shift to M9).
Move : Move to Q7 (Since Flame devil is dazed, he doesnt get an OA), Gortek takes 10 Fire/necrotic damage when leaving the "prison" (reduced by 3 (Form of mountain thunder) and divided by 2 (Insubstantial) = 3 damages taken))

I think that is it... man what a lot of thingto think about... hope I didnt miss anything.

EDIT : I will use my mark power on the creature turn (if he attack other without including me in targets).
1- If he is adjacent to me, I'll use Warden Fury (immediate interrupt, +9 VS Fort, 1D12+7 damage and the enemy grant CA until the end of Gortek turn)
2 - If he is away (within 5 squares) and have not moved yet, I'll use Warden's Grasp (Immediate reaction, slide target 1 (sadly wont work) and Target is Slowed and cannot shift untiltthe end of it's turn.)

THP: 0 HP 29/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)
Resist : 2 Cold, 2 Fire, 2 Thunder, 3 to all damages

Form of the mountain thunder UEE (Gain resist 3 all damages, +1 AC, one per round when I hit with a melee attack, marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damages.)

Mark : Flame Devil

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Inspiring word
Action point

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

WaffleLord
2012-02-19, 01:39 AM
Karkah

Taken completely by surprise, Karkah is swirled by fire and smoke, knocked on off his feet and mentally off-balance. Choked by the flaming fiend before him, he mentally tries to steady his focus and collect himself while he lies on the ground. He regains enough balance to help himself and send a tendril of energy to his allies as well.

Takes 10 ongoing fire/necrotic damage (save ends)
Dazed until end of Fire Devil next turn
Prone

All right, then.
STANDARD ACTION: Second Wind, heal 9 hp
Feat – Wind of Sympathy, ally within 5 squares can use Second Wind as a free action. (Licah or Elia, you guys choose)

The ongoing damage bloodies me.
Triggers Ardent Outrage – Cburst 5, All enemies in range grant CA until the start of my next turn. (Fiery Devil)

FREE ACTION: Adept’s Insight(Aug 1) – When Elia saves vs Dazed, adds [roll0] to her roll.

SAVE vs Ongoing Damage – [roll1]

CONTINGENCY: If, after the Fiery Devil’s turn and I am undazed, Elia is attacked and hit with a damaging attack, I would like to use
Sympathetic Agony (Imm Int) – Target takes half damage. If target would receive effect that save could end, could apply to me. Until end of my next turn, target and I gain +2 to all defenses while within 5 sq of each other.

Stat Block
THP: 0 HP: 23/39 Bloodied: 19 Surge Value: 9 Healing Surges: (9/10)

Permanent Effects:

Conditions/Temporary Effects:Prone, Dazed

Non At-Will Powers
Power Points: 4

Attacks:
Implanted Suggestion [X]

Utilities:
Ardent Surge [ ] [ ]
Ardent Outrage [X]
Sympathetic Agony [ ]
Knack for Success [ ]

Item Powers:
Quick Greatsword [X]
Reflexive Armor [ ]

WaffleLord
2012-02-23, 12:09 AM
Licah
As the flame devil encircles the minotaur in flames, he tries to tap his deep reserves and shrug it off.

Immediate Reaction to Ongoing 10 damage
Shrug It Off
Trigger:You are subjected to an effect that a save can end.
Effect:Make a save, if you suceed shift 1.
Save - [roll0]

He resists the lingering effects off the devil but is knocked off his feet by a later attack.

WaffleLord
2012-02-23, 12:20 AM
Licah

Unable to focus from the whirl of flames and stench of death, he feels a calming touch enter his mind and his able to muster his strength to push on. He vaults to his feet and, with extra effort, launches a violent assault upon the fiery devil.

Free Action: Second Wind, surge, +2 to all defenses until end of next round
Standard Action(Dazed): Minor Action - stand (Acrobat Boots)
ACTION POINT
Standard Action: Avalanche Strike
Encounter Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.(+ Con mod, Rageblood)
Effect: Until the start of your next turn, any attacker gains a +4 bonus to attack rolls against you.

Attack - [roll0] vs AC (WHOOPS, missed CA, +2 please)
Damage - [roll1]

Surrealistik
2012-02-23, 06:08 PM
The shifting mass of flames reels from the mighty blow Licah has dealt, momentarily shrinking back from the minotaur.

Outside of the burning morass, beyond the strange magical prison, the pair of soldiers, panicked by the arrival of a spectral dwarf, wildly stab at Gortek with their shortswords. The first misses handily, spearing just over the warden's shoulder, though the second strikes true. To the trooper's dismay however, his blow has little effect, soundly diminished by the enchantments warding his target, failing to even pierce the dwarf's armour upon whom it inflicts only a bruise.

Nervously glancing at each other, the two drop prone out of sight behind the wall. Though no trace or indication remains of the second, Gortek can just barely make out a giveaway crunch of glass where the first soldier plunged.

Within the living inferno, a throng of burning claws like sculpted fire erupts from every direction, grasping at the unfortunates trapped inside. All are seized, the incendiary touch of the devil agonizing, unbearably hot as its talons twist and dig with obvious sadism.

With its trap sprung, the grey devil briefly leans out to regard Morrigan and Gortek, its appearance ashen and slightly withered. Two great, twisting black horns branch out from its head. It then speaks from its sheltered position behind the window. Though its voice and intonations are cultured, underlying each word is a seething malice barely contained:

"It seems we have underestimated your tenacity. Bar'kul claimed he and his men equal to the task of your destruction; as you might imagine, I am here to rectify the outcome of their sorry hubris."

At the completion of its last word, the infernal vanishes, instantly reappearing within the fiery ward it has conjured. Pointing out beyond the veil of flames towards Morrigan, the space around her seems to distort, wavering like a heat mirage. Dizziness and the pain of scalding fire momentarily overcomes her senses before the unpleasant sensation quickly fades to normalcy.

As Morrigan recovers, the ashen fiend's lips curl into a horrible, frustrated sneer, displaying teeth like obsidian daggers. Signalling at the ground, its fingers motion in strange and esoteric patterns. At the same moment, a wave of intense, nauseating heat sweeps over the interior of the burning prison. Karkah again bursts into flame as those clinging to Elia further mount and intensify.

Soldier #1:

Soldier1 misses Gortek and drops prone.

Soldier1 is hidden from everyone but Gortek and Licah

Soldier #2:

Soldier2 attacks and hits Gortek (21 vs. AC) for 1 damage and drops prone.

Soldier2 is now hidden.

Blackfire Devil:

Blackfire Devil hits and grabs Licah (15 vs. Ref).

Blackfire Devil hits and grabs Elia (21 vs. Ref).

Triggers Sympathetic Agony.

Blackfire Devil hits and grabs Karkah (27 vs. Ref).

Licah, and Karkah take 8 fire and necrotic damage. Elia takes 4 fire and necrotic damage. All are subject to the Blackfire Devil's grab effects:

Blackfire Devil grab, Escape DC 19: While grabbed, the target takes 10 ongoing fire and necrotic damage, and a -5 penalty to saving throws against ongoing fire damage. Ongoing damage dealt by this power stacks with other ongoing damage.

Gaoler Fiend:

The fiend teleports to N11 and attempts to Stealth unsuccessfully.

The fiend attacks Morrigan and misses.

The fiend attacks everyone in the prison:

Misses Licah.

Hits Karkah (22 vs Fortitude).

Hits Elia (23 vs Fort).

Scathing Incarceration hit effect:

The target takes 5 ongoing fire and necrotic damage and can’t regain hit points or gain temporary hitpoints (save ends both).
If the target already has ongoing fire and necrotic damage with a save ends duration, increase it by 5 instead of applying this ongoing damage.
This effect ends immediately when the target isn’t in the prison zone.

Paperscrap
2012-02-23, 08:24 PM
Overcome by the fiend's spell, Morrigan looked somewhat disorientated as one of her armored hands reached to the edge of the water trough for support. It lasted only a second, but the uneasy feeling the spell left behind was impossible to shrug off so quickly. Realizing at this point that the devil was no where to be seen, she briefly considered giving into panic and fleeing. Those thoughts would be cast aside as she saw Gortek continue to fight, however. As he did, so must she; that was the realization the cleric came to. Flee or stay, she was destined to die soon anyways. It was better to face the Queen with pride than with a soul cast in shame and weakness.

Righting herself, Morrigan would draw her trident dagger before unhooking its catch; the steel singing with a mechanical tinge as the sides of the blade separated outwards like the wings of a great bird. It was not the dagger she was interested in, however, so much as the faded chain that connected to the weapon's hilt. A reminder of what she'd lost the first -- and now, likely last -- time she'd ran away.

Coming to terms with her death, the cleric would enter the flaming inferno of the prison willingly; instantly seeing it was far worse than she could have imagined. Though she may have wished to say something, it was impossible not to choke on her words. Instead, the human would simply ready her staff; before unleashing the most powerful spell in her arsenal. As her silvery eyes transfixed upon the devils, they would know divine fury. If not from her, from her allies; those within the prison now wearing a brilliant radiant light that sought to protect them from harm.

*Moving to K8
For the positioning with Moment of Glory and Divine Call, please refer to the following picture (Actually, scratch that; going to be moving our ardent and wizard to a different location):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/yeahpn.jpg/

*Casting Moment of Glory
|___> All allies except Gortek (sorry) gain resist / 5

[roll0] versus will on the blackfire devil. In the event of a miss with a roll that's equal to or greater than a 5, I would like to use my human racial to grant +4 to the roll. On a hit, the opponent is pushed 3 (2) squares and prone (though IIRC it can't be proned).

[roll1] versus will on the gaoler. In the event that the roll is equal to or greater than a 5, I haven't used my human racial on the blackfire devil, and the attack misses, I would like to use my human racial to grant a +4 to the attack roll. On a hit, the opponent is pushed 3 squares and prone.

*Minor Action: Divine Call to reposition my allies as seen in the picture. I will not use this minor action if the attack versus the devil did not hit.

*Preparation: In the likely event that someone drops to negative HP, I'll be using Shield of Devotion to keep them from taking a long dirt nap.

Dekkah
2012-02-24, 09:15 AM
Gortek Bloodstone
The solid dwarf take the soldiers attack stoicly. As he return to his natural from, Gortek take a few seconds t look the the hidden enemy, leaning over the windows frame. As he do so, he let his warden's nature wrath fall over the enemies around him, making them see him as a menace. Not liking to be in the swarm of fire, the dwarf sidestep out of it. The warden then rise his weapon high and bring it down hard against the stony floor. The impact resound as thunder, blasting the enemies around him and the sparks fly toward his marked enemies, shocking their body. Even now that he is out of the roaring fire, he still takes some of the heat from being so close to it.

Took 1 Damages from soldier 2

Start of turn : Insusbstantial ends.
Minor : Try to look in the building over the window frame (hoping to break the monster cover and spot it), Active perception roll if required [roll0]
Free : Nature Wrath, Mark adjacent enemies (Flame Devil, Soldier 1 and Maybe Soldier 2 - see spoiler)
If I spot him, ther eis no quesiton, but I am not sure I even need to see the Soldier 2 to mark it - if he is still adjacent - since Nature's wrath power doesnt specify I need to see the enemies, like the ranger quary does or the next power I use :

NATURE'S WRATH
Once during each of your turns, you can mark each adjacent enemy as a free action. This mark lasts until the end of your next turn
This is obviously up to you.
Move : Shift to Q6 (Out of Swarm)
Standard : Mountain Thunder Attack, Close burst 1, target enemies I can see.
((BROKEN ROLL DONE IN OOC)
Attack VS Flame Devil : [roll]1D20+9[roll] 22 VS Reflex
Attack VS Soldier 1 (-2 (Cover)) : [roll]1D20+7[roll] 14 VS Reflex
Attack VS Soldier 2 if I see him (-2 (Cover)) : [roll]1D20+7[roll] 11 VS Reflex
Hit : [roll1] (Since I rolled a 1, rerolled in OOC) 14 thunder damages and knock target prone.
Miss : Half damage
Effect : Marked enemies takes 4 Lightning damages (Flame Devil, Soldier 1 and maybe soldier 2)
End of turn Takes 5 Fire and necrotic damages form Flame aura (-3 (Resist all) = 2 damages taken)

THP: 0 HP 26/47 Bloodied 23 Surge Value: 11 Healing Surges: (11/12)
Resist : 2 Cold, 2 Fire, 2 Thunder, 3 to all damages

Form of the mountain thunder UEE (Gain resist 3 all damages, +1 AC, one per round when I hit with a melee attack, marked enemies takes 4 Thunder damages.)

Mark : Flame Devil, Soldier 1, Maybe Soldier 2

Powers:

Attacks:
Strenght of stone
Tempest Assault
Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp

Gale Strike
Breath of chaos
Guardian Counter

Utilities:
Errupting Front
Inspiring word
Action point

Item Powers:
Lifefront Hide Armor +1
Amulet of resolution +1
Acrobat boots

Equipment :
Handaxe (3/3)
Backpack
Belt pouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10)
Bedroll
Rope (50')
Waterskin
Dagger
Flint and stone

Wealth :
0GP

Surrealistik
2012-02-24, 11:42 AM
As Morrigan completes her invocation, a starburst of argent light appears to stagger the living blaze, driving it back beyond the incinerating boundaries of the prison. The grey devil however reflexively brings up its hands, turning away, as though to shelter itself from the offending radiance, its form casting a long, twisted shadow across the cobblestone. When the illumination passes, it however remains, unmoved, steadfast. Looking back to the saviour priestess, the thing's countenance falls between fear and rage as it bears witness to the silvered aura warding her allies.

When Gortek leans in through the window, he spots the other soldier lying chest down on the floor. Their eyes meet, and though it is difficult to confirm through the latter's veil of steel, it somehow seems clear he is unsettled, even frightened. Looking about the interior, the dwarf also notes that heavy furniture within has been stacked against the door, creating an impromptu barricade that would have been difficult to force.

As the warden invokes the power of his form, azure lightning storms about his body, birthing a smell of ozone that overpowers, however briefly, the acrid stench of brimstone enveloping him. The vortex of power envelops both soldiers in a cascade of ricocheting bolts. Upon impact, they spasm on the floor, clutching their weapons in a whitefisted deadman's grip before sprawling motionless across the broken glass below. The infantry on the right weakly attempts to stand, struggling against the unresponsive burden of his body. He barely manages to lift himself from the floor when he again collapses to the ground, fallen upon his back. Looking squarely at the dwarf, he rasps two final words before death claims him, and he falls forever silent.

"Oh Janice..."

The blazing devil however does not take so peaceably to the assault, erupting in a flash of hellfire that encompasses Licah and Gortek. The latter manages to resist this surge of heat and flame, though Licah's prior exertions have rendered him vulnerable, tongues of black and red flame overwhelming the Raven Queen's providence as they scour his body.

Blackfire Devil attacks Licah and Gortek:

Hits Licah (24 vs Fortitude) for 5 fire and necrotic damage (after resistances).

Misses Gortek.

The Blackfire Devil saves against dazing.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-25, 10:59 AM
Elia

Dazed and injured badly again for the second time in such a brief period, Elia relies on her battlefield instincts to send a wave of psychic energy at the blackfire devil.

I'll leave the calculation of the ongoing effects to you, I'm a bit confused as to what does and doesn't apply to me, though I believe I am dazed.

[roll0] [roll1] psychic
Hit: Enemy cannot make OAs until EOMNT

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-25, 11:01 AM
Elia

Elia tries to resist the burning shadows that envelop her.

end of turn save [roll0]

WaffleLord
2012-02-25, 06:51 PM
Karkah
Knowing he might very well not last the minute, he is overwhelmed by a feeling of self-sacrifice. Emboldened, he leaps to his feet and rushes at the gray devil, swinging his great sword again and again.

Ongoing damage canceled out by resist 5
Minor Action: stand - Acrobat Boots
Move Action: move to L12
Standard Action: Demoralizing Strike (Aug 2) vs Gray Devil AC -
Damage - [roll1d10+5 and is -4 to all defenses until EoMNT.
ACTION POINT: Minor Action: Ardent Surge, Elia heals surge plus [roll1] and gets +1 to attacks until EoMNT.

Stat Block
THP: 0 HP: 23/39 Bloodied: 19 Surge Value: 9 Healing Surges: (9/10)

Permanent Effects:

Conditions/Temporary Effects:Ongoing 5 Fire/Necrotic

Non At-Will Powers
Power Points: 2

Attacks:
Implanted Suggestion [X]

Utilities:
Ardent Surge [X] [ ]
Ardent Outrage [X]
Sympathetic Agony [X]
Knack for Success [ ]

Item Powers:
Quick Greatsword [X]
Reflexive Armor [ ]

Shyftir
2012-02-25, 08:31 PM
Licah

Licah roars with frustration trying to break free of the devil's firey grasp. His only thought to destroy his enemies.

Move action: escape roll - pure strength check right?
[roll0]

Standard action: Thunderhooves rage.

To Hit: [roll1] vs. AC
Damage: [roll2]+5 (rolls for Brutal [roll3]
Miss: half damage
Effect: enter rage blah blah... I'd post a stat block but I've got company...

(oh and in case i need one of these: saving throw [roll4])

Edit: okay I shift to k-10 can I attack the blackfire devil from there? the big orange glowy circle confusese me...