PDA

View Full Version : DM: Paladin Quest

Gerner
2012-01-31, 10:42 AM
Hey all,

I am hosting a D&D 3.5 campaign, in the Scardale where the PC's came from Suzail to help the Cormyr deligation with several task.

They started in 1st level and have played several times now where they have unknowning helped an agent of Zhentil Keep gaining power to occupy the Town (Happend at the next session when they are out of town another) figthing some Myrkul fanatics (trying to revive there dead god).

The point is that the city is under Zhentil rulership, and the players will try to envoke an reblion (inspired by shadowdale - the scouring of the land).

The thing I need help to is creating a side quest for the Paladin when he reachs 5 level and gains his mount (I houseruled that he had to preform an quest for this god (TYR) to gain his mount)

So if any of you have any Idea for side quest link to fighting the Myrkul who are trying to revive the dead god by collection his crown which have been broken into 3, or is linked to fighting the zhentil keep rulers.

I am think about giving him an Griffon or a Pegasus (as the kind DM)

Hope it all gave so meaning, and thanks

Gwendol
2012-01-31, 10:48 AM
I'd go with the crown of Myrkul as the "side" quest, but that's just a personal opinion. It has more of definite good vs evil qualities to it, while the other can become a lot more complicated in that respect.

NOhara24
2012-01-31, 12:51 PM
The thing I need help to is creating a side quest for the Paladin when he reachs 5 level and gains his mount (I houseruled that he had to preform an quest for this god (TYR) to gain his mount)

:smalleek: Brutal. A side quest to gain a class feature for a tier 5 class.

I am think about giving him an Griffon or a Pegasus (as the kind DM).

Kind DM...so you're going for a good cop/bad cop sort of thing?

Namfuak
2012-01-31, 12:54 PM
:smalleek: Brutal. A side quest to gain a class feature for a tier 5 class.

Kind DM...so you're going for a good cop/bad cop sort of thing?

If I were able to get a Gryphon or Pegasus as a level 5 paladin, I'd be OK with going on a quest to get it.

You could have the paladin have to rescue the animal from the cultists, possibly guided to the room by signs of his God.

Gerner
2012-01-31, 01:35 PM
The reason for the quest is that he get a better mount right away.

I like the idea about the saving the animal, can not believe i did not think about that one.

Thanks