PDA

View Full Version : Xykon and his smell penalty...

martianmister
2012-01-31, 12:40 PM
For everyone wonders, Xykon can't smell (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html). It was a cause of discussion at back then, but I can't find/remember the original thread name.

ThePhantasm
2012-01-31, 01:00 PM
Eh? Ok?

What do you want us to discuss about it? Or did you accidentally post a comment as a thread?

ORione
2012-01-31, 01:03 PM
Eh? Ok?

What do you want us to discuss about it? Or did you accidentally post a comment as a thread?

Well, I remember some people were talking about Xykon and smelling, but I don't remember where. I suspect OP had the same problem and so posted the thread to spread the information.

ThePhantasm
2012-01-31, 01:04 PM
Why were his smelling capabilities being discussed, out of curiosity?

NerfTW
2012-01-31, 03:26 PM
For everyone wonders, Xykon can't smell (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html). It was a cause of discussion at back then, but I can't find/remember the original thread name.

And he has a bonus to listen checks. What is your question, exactly? :smallconfused:

Incom
2012-01-31, 04:12 PM
The phylactery had been in the sewers for a while. could Xykon tell the fake by the smell?

^question some people brought up

Unisus
2012-01-31, 04:35 PM
Actually it would be uncommon for a magic or by powerful magic enhanced object to adopt the smell of its surroundings - niormally they maybe can be covered in dirt and all, but they are easily cleaned.

martianmister
2012-02-21, 10:45 AM
No one remembers the original thread? :smallfrown:

PebbleInTheSky
2012-02-21, 11:12 AM
The phylactery had been in the sewers for a while. could Xykon tell the fake by the smell?

^question some people brought up

I have to wonder, why would Xykon immediately assume his phylactery was fake if his olfactory sense told him it was missing the scent of goblin excrement, rather than assume someone washed it because it smelled like...well...

FlawedParadigm
2012-02-21, 11:20 AM
Well it's SoD that his lacking olfactory sense (well, more accurately, sense of taste, but the two are closely linked) was mentioned. It may give him some difficulty with finding the current locale's exact location if Belkar smelled his way there, though. Depends how good Redcloak's nose is. We know about MitD's, given his diet.

Ron Miel
2012-02-21, 09:36 PM
Why were his smelling capabilities being discussed, out of curiosity?

The current location has a bad smell.(To Belkar and Elan, at least) Maybe Xykon's inability to detect it will be significant.