PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Ganji and Enor will return?

Obnoxious Hydra
2012-01-31, 04:39 PM
For those who don't know/remember, Ganji and Enor are the bounty hunters who took in Elan, Haley and Vaarsuvius a while ago, mistaking them for Nale and co.
They were last seen flying off after escaping from the arena.

Do you think they'll ever come back into the comic? I theorise that they've been hiding out in Windy Valley (that's what it's called, right?) since their escape, and when the Order of the Stick and the Linear Guild arrives in order to find Girard, the two of them will ambush the Linear Guild to try and take out Tarquin, or perhaps one of the other Empire of Blood fellows, thus evening things out for the Order of the Stick.

ThePhantasm
2012-01-31, 08:26 PM
I have a weird feeling that they will return, with how abrupt their departure was. As to when or in what capacity, who knows?

t209
2012-01-31, 08:27 PM
What if they land in Azure City area (either from exhaustion or stupidity)?

ThePhantasm
2012-01-31, 08:30 PM
What if they land in Azure City area (either from exhaustion or stupidity)?

Why would they fly all the way across the ocean? :smallconfused:

Bad Hair Day
2012-01-31, 08:33 PM
That emotional moment of "having to duel your own puppy" was so intense... I certainly hope they make another appearance. But if they didn't, I wouldn't be surprised. They served their purpose in their own minor arc.

Given the fact that they are bounty hunters and Haley's a thief, it wouldn't be too hard for them to cross paths again. I hope!

Bulldog Psion
2012-01-31, 08:35 PM
It would be interesting to see them again, but the dwarf and shadowdancer were pretty vividly rendered characters, too, and they're gone permanently (unless someone requests a "further adventures of" with Kickstarter, of course).

ThePhantasm
2012-01-31, 08:48 PM
It would be interesting to see them again, but the dwarf and shadowdancer were pretty vividly rendered characters, too, and they're gone permanently (unless someone requests a "further adventures of" with Kickstarter, of course).

They did show up again later though, in the strip featuring the real king of nowhere. I forget which strip that was. So it was brief, but they did reappear...

ti'esar
2012-01-31, 10:31 PM
I think it's easily possible that they've flown off into the sunset, never to return (except maybe in a Kickstarter reward of some kind). It's possible that they'll return, but it wouldn't really hurt the story if they didn't.

SavageWombat
2012-01-31, 10:51 PM
If (and this is a big if) the Order leaves behind some sort of resistance movement to overthrow Tarquin, Enor and Gannji - the heroes who escaped the arena! - will be the great leaders/figureheads who inspire the populace to revolution.

I can totally see Ian pulling that off.

t209
2012-01-31, 10:55 PM
If (and this is a big if) the Order leaves behind some sort of resistance movement to overthrow Tarquin, Enor and Gannji - the heroes who escaped the arena! - will be the great leaders/figureheads who inspire the populace to revolution.

I can totally see Ian pulling that off.

and ended like what happened to Azurites resistance or turn into Life of Brian ending (or Both).

dtilque
2012-01-31, 11:24 PM
They [shadowdancer and dwarf] did show up again later though, in the strip featuring the real king of nowhere. I forget which strip that was. So it was brief, but they did reappear...

One flashback scene in strip 535 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html)

As far as G&E leading the Resistance/Underground/Rebel Alliance/Bloodstone Liberation Front/whatever, I don't see it. Being True Neutral, they just aren't the type.

Secris
2012-02-01, 05:30 AM
Ganji and Enor vs the assassins in a fight to the death? I'd pay to see that.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-01, 10:10 AM
One flashback scene in strip 535 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0535.html)

As far as G&E leading the Resistance/Underground/Rebel Alliance/Bloodstone Liberation Front/whatever, I don't see it. Being True Neutral, they just aren't the type.

It was just a little scene, but it sufficed to let us know what happened to them after they left the tavern (they ultimately gave up on their mission).

Ron Miel
2012-02-01, 11:33 AM
Maybe the Giant's next project (after OOTS ends) will be Enor & Ganji in their own strip.

ArtosSwiftblade
2012-02-01, 11:54 AM
I think they're gone, in the same manner as the shadow-jumper and explosive-toting dwarf; though they did get themselves a T-shirt so maybe they will be longer term...

Perhaps they'll team up with OOTS at some point?