PDA

View Full Version : Regarding reading the comic

TowerWizard
2012-01-31, 05:28 PM
This comic is awesome! I have read it through one time, and just started doing it again, but I just remembered something i disliked the first time around, and that I still dislike.

The only way to know the title of the comic-page, except the most recent one, is to check it in the Archives. If you start reading from the first one and just click the arrows to read the next one, you don't get to see the title of the page. For example, "832 Loose ends" displays as only #832 on the page itself. Why not put in the title on the page as well, to save you all the hassle of checking the archives all the time. Often the title will be important to understand the joke. Ok, it will take time, I guess. I guess that explains it.

By the way, in the printed books, is the title displayed there?

Porthos
2012-01-31, 05:30 PM
This comic is awesome! I have read it through one time, and just started doing it again, but I just remembered something i disliked the first time around, and that I still dislike.

The only way to know the title of the comic-page, except the most recent one, is to check it in the Archives. If you start reading from the first one and just click the arrows to read the next one, you don't get to see the title of the page. For example, "832 Loose ends" displays as only #832 on the page itself. Why not put in the title on the page as well, to save you all the hassle of checking the archives all the time. Often the title will be important to understand the joke. Ok, it will take time, I guess. I guess that explains it.

It's a long standing gripe of some people, but it doesn't look like it is going to get changed any time soon.

By the way, in the printed books, is the title displayed there?

Yes they are. They are listed at the bottom of the page.

Howler Dagger
2012-01-31, 05:31 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9802104&postcount=3

Bulldog Psion
2012-01-31, 05:31 PM
This has been answered many, many times -- the Giant isn't interested in setting things up so that the titles show on the comic page, and isn't going to change his mind. It's as simple as that.

This thread is probably going to be locked, just so you know.