PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Races By Request (With Racial Feats)

alchemyprime
2012-01-31, 07:23 PM
Well, since my friends asked, and I have the preview of the Advanced Race Guide, I thought I would tackle making some races for my upcoming Pathfinder games. These are older races that I loved to bits, but I figured I should post them here if anyone was interested, with the fluff they have in my world of Vaxt. Comment away, and if anyone wants any races converted, go ahead and ask!

Cephalid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12648113&postcount=10)

Diabolus

In the world of Vaxt, Diaboli are not demons, but rather natives to the Plane of Nightmares who were left on the large continent of Isgall when the other races of the Plane of Nightmares found it would make a fine prison colony. These creatures were later seen as natives to the humans, dwarves and umbragen from Van Jhal and Altieriet who came to the same conclusions as the long gone predecessors of the modern diabolus. Now they live rather well alongside humans, aasimar, tieflings, lizardfolk (the real natives), gnomes, umbragen and dwarves, all exiled from their ancestral homelands for the barren desert that they are forming into a small empire.

+2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma - Diaboli are tough and witty, but their odd ways do tend to still freak out creatures native to Vaxt.
Outsider (native) - Though they originate from the Plane of Nightmares, the diaboli from Isgall are bound to Vaxt instead of their ancestral home. They also have darkvision out to 60 feet.
Medium size
Normal speed - A diabolus has a base land speed of 30 feet per round.
Weapon Familiarity – Diabolus treat tridents, whips, light flails and heavy flails as simple weapons.
Hoofed – Diabolus do not have feet, but hooves. They cannot wear normal footwear, but can wear horseshoes instead. Horseshoes can be enchanted as well, they are just rarer to find in loot.
Toxic Sting – A diabolus has a stinger as a secondary natural weapon. It deals 1d3 piercing damage, and once per day per point of Constitution modifier, it can be poisoned. Once it is poisoned, it holds the poison for one minute until it evaporates through the tip.
Diaboli Venom – Injury; save Fort DC 10 + ½ Character Level + Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.
Diabolus Immunities – Diabolus are immune to poison from the stingers of themselves and other diaboli, and sleep effects. They also have a +2 bonus on saves against poison, spells and spell-like abilities. The way their bodies work is slightly anathema to the way normal spells work, and their nightmarish minds protect them from having to sleep.
Made of Nightmares - A diabolus does not truly sleep. Instead, they go into a soft coma and inspire dreams around them. Those who sleep around diaboli who like them will find that they slept well and nightmare free; those who the diaboli is not fond of, if they are asleep within 10ft per character level, will find they had terrible dreams. This has no in game effect, but can lead to some fun role-playing.
Master of Intimidation – Diaboluss have Intimidate as a class skill, and have a +2 bonus with it.
Starting Languages Common, Diabolus, Tail Scratch. Bonus Languages – Dwarven, Gnome, Infernal, Lizardfolk and Umbragen.

Two For Flinching
Prerequisite - Diabolus
Benefit - If you make a successful Intimidate check against a sentient enemy in combat after missing a melee attack with your tail stinger, you may make another melee attack with a held weapon or an unarmed strike at your full attack bonus, though this attack takes a -2 penalty.

Improved Diabolus Resistances
Prerequisite - Diabolus, Base Fortitude Save +3
Benefit - You gain a +2 bonus to saves against hot environmental conditions and cold environmental conditions, and immunity to paralysis. The deserts of Isgall are unforgiving, and so are you.

Living Nightmare
Prerequisite - Diabolus, Improved Diabolus Resistance
Benefit - Neither flame nor poison nor acid seems to be able to stop your onslaught. You gain resistance 5 to fire, resistance 5 to acid and immunity to poison.

Feel the Nightmare
Prerequisite - Diabolus, 3 ranks in Craft (Alchemy) or Craft (Poisonmaking)
Benefit - You can modify your toxic sting venom to deal Wisdom damage instead of Dexterity damage. Now, instead of giving people horrible shakes, it is a mighty hallucinogenic poison, making the victim see terrible things.

Impure Venom
Prerequisite - Diabolus, Feel the Nightmare, 9 ranks in Craft (Alchemy) of Craft (Poisonmaking)
Benefit - You can ingest an Injury type poison and apply it to your toxic sting. You must make the save against the poison's damage as if you had been injured by it, and then two rounds later, your stinger is charged with the poison for ten minutes or until it is discharged. This still uses up one use of your toxic sting ability.

Nightmare Speech
Prerequisite - Diabolus
Benefit - You gain telepathy with sleeping creatures within 10ft per character level of you. For a number of rounds equal to your character level, you can also use this while awake with any creature that sleeps.

Diospids (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12670176&postcount=16)

Insectare (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12683563&postcount=24)

Irda
Irda are different in the world of Vaxt. Long ago, the Irda were part of a type of giants that today are known as Oni. This was until the dark spirits of the tainted lands, places where the dragons fought the qlippoths years ago and sites of great evil related to the obyriths and the rakshasa, rose. These spirits infected every tribe of the Oni except the Irda tribe. Until about two hundred years ago, all the Oni tribes were infected, even the lowly Ogres. These spirits seemed like gods to the Trolls, and the Irda were hunted.

Until Avra showed up. He was an Irda with the blood of a celestial; the first time a Rishi came from blood that was not human or elf. He used the powers of his blood, and the aid of his grandmother, a powerful planetar named Uzefass, to release at least some of the Oni from the Tainted Spirits bound to them. However, these Oni were not bound; the spirits have long since become part of the Oni tribes. Instead, their taint was exiled from them, and now some ogres and ogre magi live with the Irda in thier hidden mountain villages. These tribes of Oni are TN and LN instead of LE, and some even reach the good alignments.
The Irda are below.

-2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma – Irda are smart and charismatic individuals, but slightly more frail than people would expect a giant species to be.
Outsider (Giant, Oni, Shapechanger) – Irda are part of the race of giants known as the Oni, and as such, they are affected by spells targeted as giants or oni. They do not have the same sort of spirits as the other oni, and as such do not have regeneration unless they take the Tainted Spirit feat or Blessed Spirit feat, or gain it in some other fashion.
Average Speed – An Irda's base land speed is 30 feet
Change Shape (Su) – You can assume the form of any Small or Medium humanoid, as per the Alter Self spell as a swift action. When in a Small form, the Irda suffers a -2 penalty to Strength and a +2 bonus to Dexterity, and when in a Medium form, they have no bonuses or penalties. This replaces the ability score bonuses from the Alter Self spell.
Irda Magic (Sp) – Irda gain a +1 bonus to the DC of any saving throws against any transmutation spells that they cast. If the Irda has a Charisma of 11 or higher (which they better) it also gains the following spell-like abilities: 1/day – dancing lights, ghost sounds, mage hand, and detect magic.
Starting Languages – Common, Oni. Bonus Languages – Celestial, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, and Sylvan.

Favored Class Bonus - Sorcerer - Add +1 to the number of spells known for the Sorcerer, to a spell level lower than the highest the sorcerer can cast. The spell chosen must be a Transmutation spell. So a level 1 sorcerer who took this favored class bonus could add one level 0 Transmutation spell to his spells known.

Feats

Oni Resilience
Prerequisite - Irda, Toughness
Benefit - You gain Fast Healing 1.

True Oni
Prerequisite - Irda, Oni Resilience, Toughness
Benefit - Your Fast Healing from Oni Resilience becomes Fast Healing equal to half your character level.

Blessed Spirit
Prerequisite - Irda, non-evil alignment, Oni Resilience, Toughness, True Oni, at least character level 9
Benefit - You gain regeneration 1, bypassed by electricity or cold damage or damage from Evil weapons and natural attacks. Tainted weapons can also bypass this regeneration.
Special - An Irda cannot have Blessed Spirit and Tainted Spirit.

Improved Blessed Spirit
Prerequisite - Irda, non-evil alignment, Blessed Spirit, Oni Resilience, Toughness, True Oni, at least character level 13
Benefit - Your regeneration granted by Blessed Spirit increases to 1 + 1/2 your character level.

Tainted Spirit
Prerequisite - Irda, non-good alignment, Oni Resilience, Toughness, True Oni, at least character level 9
Benefit - You gain regeneration 1, bypassed by fire and acid damage or damage from Good weapons and natural attacks. Jade and obsidian weapons can also bypass this regeneration.
Special - An Irda cannot have Tainted Spirit and Blessed Spirit.

Improved Tainted Spirit
Prerequisite - Irda, non-good alignment, Tainted Spirit, Oni Resilience, Toughness, True Oni, at least character level 13
Benefit - Your regeneration granted by Tainted Spirit increases to 1 + 1/2 your character level.

Lupin

Lupins are a natural inhabitant of Van Jhal, specifically the nations of Van Jun and Van Pas. They tend to small nomadic groups, even today, though under the second full moon of summer, the unwed ones of age will travel between tribes and even the Junian cities to find their "calling". For some, that calling is to be a bounty hunter, for some sorcery (more common than wizardry for the lupins), and for others it is to find a spouse they click with and raise children. Lupins find it a duty to protect their community, be it their tribe, their city, or their party. If a friend dies, they raise their children and take care of their family. If a party mate dies, they mourn them and pray that the Saints and the gods protect them.
Many lupins worship the lupin saints, but they are also fond of Grand Kal, the main god of Van Jun. He is a LG god of Justice and the sun, and grants access to the Glory, Good, Law, Strength and Sun domains, and the Heroism, Resolve, and Day subdomains. Meanwhile, clerics devoted to the Saints pick two domains, one for each saint they pray to:
Saint Antione - Good (Archon)
Saint Benja - Animal (Fur)
Saint Gracia - Community (Family)
Saint Lucas - Law
Saint Renard - Sun

There are many saints out there, and some tribes may have their own. These are just examples.

Lupin

+2 to any one stat – Lupins are adaptive, and no two lupins are going to be exactly the same.
Monstrous Humanoid – Lupins are monstrous humanoids, and have darkvision out to 60 feet.
Normal Land Speed - Lupins have a base land speed of 30 feet.
Natural Rider – Lupins all have a +2 bonus to Ride checks, and Ride is always considered a class skill.
Acute Hearing – Lupins have a +2 bonus to Perception checks to hear something.
Sense of Smell – Lupins have a very accurate sense of smell. Lupins have the Scent ability, but with the following addition: They can pinpoint where lycanthropes are, even when they are in another form, and they can tell when someone has been infected with the curse. Also, a lupin has a -2 penalty on saves against attacks that include strong smells, like a stinking cloud spell or a ghast's smell.
Purposeful Hatred – Lupins have a +1 bonus to attack rolls against lycanthropes.
Starting Languages – Common, Lupin. Bonus Languages – Celestial, Elf, Gnome Infernal and Maenad.

Lycan Hunter
Prerequisites - Lupin, 1st level
Benefit - Stealth and Perception are now class skills for you, and you gain a +2 bonus on Stealth checks to disguise your scent.

Avoid the Curse
Prerequisites - Lupin, Lycan Hunter
Benefit - You are immune to the curse of the lycanthrope, and you gain a +2 bonus on saves to resist necromancy spells.

Feral Fighter
Prerequisites - Lupin, must have been attacked by a werewolf at some point prior to taking this feat
Benefit - You understand how to fight like the savage werewolves, and you can do so as well. You gain a bite attack as a primary natural attack that deals 1d6 damage.

Thri-Kreen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12764539&postcount=25)

moghue
2012-02-01, 06:25 AM
I really liked these though they seem a little op in some ways compared to other pathfinder races, unless there is an LA I missed. I was wondering if you could help me with making racial features for Cephalids. They are primarily based on cephalids from Magic: The Gathering. Doing a major world build right now and I'm somewhat stumped on what to give them in terms of racials. The only real difference is there are no psions in the world. Any help would be much appreciated as I have no one to really go back and forth with on the subject. (it was a if you wan't it to be a thing, make it.)

alchemyprime
2012-02-01, 01:21 PM
I really liked these though they seem a little op in some ways compared to other pathfinder races, unless there is an LA I missed. I was wondering if you could help me with making racial features for Cephalids. They are primarily based on cephalids from Magic: The Gathering. Doing a major world build right now and I'm somewhat stumped on what to give them in terms of racials. The only real difference is there are no psions in the world. Any help would be much appreciated as I have no one to really go back and forth with on the subject. (it was a if you wan't it to be a thing, make it.)

I would be happy to, but I need more fluff on the cephalids before I can take a whack at it.

Also, added some tweaks and feats to the Irda and Diabolus, and I'm going to for the Lupin in a bit.

drew2u
2012-02-01, 02:20 PM
Would you be able to PEACH a race for me? A couple of friends helped me out on it, one thought it was too powerful and needed a LA, but it looks like it's rather underpowered compared to your races - or even possibly the standard races in Pathfinder.
If so, I'll just edit this post with the info.

alchemyprime
2012-02-01, 02:40 PM
Would you be able to PEACH a race for me? A couple of friends helped me out on it, one thought it was too powerful and needed a LA, but it looks like it's rather underpowered compared to your races - or even possibly the standard races in Pathfinder.
If so, I'll just edit this post with the info.

Make your own thread and link to it? I'd like this thread to be the races I make for people, but I am always happy to PEACH for people!

drew2u
2012-02-01, 02:48 PM
Okay, cool! I wasn't sure where would be the appropriate place to do so. Thanks!

moghue
2012-02-01, 05:30 PM
http://img.aegen.nl/LE/Cephalid%20Pathmage.jpg
Cephalids: they primarily live in the ocean though they can live on land, as long as they keep wet. For nearly 3000 years (around creation) they have been opressed by the merfolk that hold most of the seas as their own. But they are ready for it to stop. They are seeking power, and with land (water xD) comes power.

The Cephalids are an anthromorphic squid like race. they stand upright at about the height of humans. Their arms are a mass of 5 smaller tentacles that are all close together and make a hand like mass at the end. (They have hand like appendages for holding weapons and the like.) Their legs are 6-8 tentacles depending on the person. They have large heads with beaks for mouths. They normally where some type of carapase on their heads to protect it.

Cephalid cities are large "palaces" by their standards. Most all of them live in one large building with few outbuildings. Their cities are close together though so its not so strange. The doors going in and out are barriers that stay the water. (these are made by magic.) Most all Cephalids use magic in some way. (there are a subrace that don't but I'll get into that later). Few of them take up rogueish classes but it's also not unheard of, those of wich who do have a much smaller build and head than the normal cephalid.

Notes: sorry for format but I'm typing this out on my Ds. and I feel I ramble on occasion but I like to be thorough. I am also very new to the forum though I've been lurking a few months.

alchemyprime
2012-02-02, 01:48 AM
http://img.aegen.nl/LE/Cephalid%20Pathmage.jpg
Cephalids: they primarily live in the ocean though they can live on land, as long as they keep wet. For nearly 3000 years (around creation) they have been opressed by the merfolk that hold most of the seas as their own. But they are ready for it to stop. They are seeking power, and with land (water xD) comes power.

The Cephalids are an anthromorphic squid like race. they stand upright at about the height of humans. Their arms are a mass of 5 smaller tentacles that are all close together and make a hand like mass at the end. (They have hand like appendages for holding weapons and the like.) Their legs are 6-8 tentacles depending on the person. They have large heads with beaks for mouths. They normally where some type of carapase on their heads to protect it.

Cephalid cities are large "palaces" by their standards. Most all of them live in one large building with few outbuildings. Their cities are close together though so its not so strange. The doors going in and out are barriers that stay the water. (these are made by magic.) Most all Cephalids use magic in some way. (there are a subrace that don't but I'll get into that later). Few of them take up rogueish classes but it's also not unheard of, those of wich who do have a much smaller build and head than the normal cephalid.

Notes: sorry for format but I'm typing this out on my Ds. and I feel I ramble on occasion but I like to be thorough. I am also very new to the forum though I've been lurking a few months.

That's not bad. Give me a bit, and I will make the Cephalids, or at least the first draft of them. So all Cephalids should have some form of spell-like ability, and they seem to be intelligent and quick, but possibly squishy... They are aquatic, but I imagine they are a little slow on land?

moghue
2012-02-02, 02:14 AM
That's not bad. Give me a bit, and I will make the Cephalids, or at least the first draft of them. So all Cephalids should have some form of spell-like ability, and they seem to be intelligent and quick, but possibly squishy... They are aquatic, but I imagine they are a little slow on land?

You hit it on the head. Probably not a spell like ability but a bonus for being a caster, something reflecting there use of magic for everyday life. They are squishy and yes I would put their land speed in terms of DND/PF at 20-25 feet.

alchemyprime
2012-02-02, 02:20 PM
How does this work? (Rough draft)

Cephalid
Cephalids

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence
Medium Size
Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic)
Darkvision – A cephalid can see in the dark out to 60 feet.
Slow Speed – On land, a cephalid has a 20 foot base land speed.
Powerful Swimmer – A cephalid has a 40 foot swim speed, and a +8 bonus to Swim checks.
Amphibious – A cephalid can equally breathe both air and water.
Aquatic Camoflague – A cephalid, due to their normally blue and violet coloring, have a +4 bonus to Stealth checks in aquatic environments.
Tied to Blue - Cephalids are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells with the water descriptor, using granted powers of the Water domain, using bloodline powers of the water elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle’s waves mystery, and when determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal cold damage. This ability does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this ability. If a member of this race has a Charisma of 11 or higher, it also gains the following spell-like abilities: 1/day— detect magic, endure elements, prestidigitation, and purify food and drink. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to individual’s character level.
Natural Linguist – A cephalid starts play knowing Aquan and Common. If they have an Intelligence bonus at character creation, they may choose any language for their bonus languages.

Feats
Land-dweller
Prerequisite - Humanoid or monstrous humanoid with the Aquatic subtype
Benefit - You gain the ability to use create water and drench as spell-like abilities, once per day.

Land-runner
Prerequisite - Land-dweller
Benefit - You gain a +10 foot bonus to your base land speed. However, you take a -5 foot penalty to your base swim-speed.

Cephalid Sorcerous Adept
Prerequisite - Cephalid, Sorcerer level 1st
Benefit - Add detect magic, prestidigitation and purify food and drink to your sorcerer spells known as 0 level spells, and endure elements to your sorcerer spells known as a 1st level spell.

Shoreline Sorcerer
Prerequisite - Cephalid Sorcerous Adept, Land-dweller
Benefit - Add create water and drench to your sorcerer spells known as 0-level spells, and gain a +2 bonus on Spellcraft checks.

Cephalid Steam Adept
Prerequisite - Cephalid Sorcerous Adept
Benefit - You may ignore the caster level check to cast fire spells underwater; it is automatically made. All your spells that deal fire damage now create a steam-like effect instead, allowing them to be cast underwater.

I have no idea what kind of feats a cephalid would be up for... any ideas?

How are those for some new feats for cephalids?

moghue
2012-02-03, 04:26 PM
I like it! only things I would change are giving a choice to make it +2int or +2 char, and adding drench to the tied to blue racial to keep themselves wet.

Feats- I have no idea either, maybe one that lets fire spells be castable even in water by changing waterbaround the spell. A series to get their land movement up by reducing swim speed? to make the land dweller able to keep up.

alchemyprime
2012-02-03, 05:19 PM
I like it! only things I would change are giving a choice to make it +2int or +2 char, and adding drench to the tied to blue racial to keep themselves wet.

Feats- I have no idea either, maybe one that lets fire spells be castable even in water by changing waterbaround the spell. A series to get their land movement up by reducing swim speed? to make the land dweller able to keep up.

IIRC Fire spells also work underwater, they just need a Spellcraft caster level check and can't go past the water surface. I like the idea of a Land-dweller feat, and I was looking at the Cephalids, and I think +2 Int fits them better, but I may add some extra bits to them via feats. I got some ideas and I'm about to edit them in.

Added in Cephalid Sorcerous Adept, Shoreline Sorcerer, Cephalid Steam Adept, Land-dweller and Land-runner.

moghue
2012-02-03, 05:47 PM
These are awesome, and your right on the int. Thanks man I really appreciate the help

alchemyprime
2012-02-03, 05:52 PM
And at request by my buddy Tokara2132 serenity2132, I will be updating the thri-kreen and diospids, along with any other ideas, and I will possibly add some more feats to the cephalids, diaboli, irda and lupin.

serenity2132
2012-02-03, 06:55 PM
Hey now, it's serenity2132 :smallwink:

alchemyprime
2012-02-06, 02:47 PM
Well, let's start up the bugs with the Diospids, shall we?

DIOSPID

The underdark; outside of the protective bubble of Van Dra or the Violet Caverns, it is a mighty scary place. Drow cities that refuse to become civilized, duergar enclaves where you are lucky if you are just killed, quaggoth barbarians raoming the tunnels, and fierce xenophobic myconids are just a few of the dangers, without getting into things like the vupdrax, the hook horrors or the crawling heads.
However, two races are willing to be your friend if you show you are not the threat; the grey gnomes known as svirneblin, and the large beetle men called diospids. Diospids are quirky creatures; they should be fearful to look at, with their luminescent blue shells, mandibles and glowing orange eyes, but in all honesty, they are the nicest people you could meet. Terribly agoraphobic, they are in awe of surface dwellers, in a place where freezing water falls from above and a giant fireball goes across the horizon every day, and the light is so fierce it can burn off your skin, and you have no roof to protect you. Indeed, the beetle-men live in one of the fiercest places on Vaxt, and yet they are amazed by anyone from as nice a place as Van Kreev, thinking them brave, modest heroes.
Any diospid who manages to go above ground is considered dead until they return to their city - then, they are a hero! Even the diospids of Van Dra think that climbing the staircase known as the Road of Balance is an amazing feat of power.
Don't let their fearful nature fool you however. In the Underdark, things fear diospids. They run into battle wielding two greatswords, slicing to pieces anything in their way, yelling things like "run to the surface! It's safer than being near me!" to their quarry. Indeed, never anger a diospid.
Diospids grow very fast, in fact being of age to start their apprenticeship at as young as four, and finishing quickly (+1d3 years for simple classes, +1d4 for moderate, and +1d6 for advanced age classes). They reach middle age around 15, and old age around 30; the eldest diospids are 40 to 50 years old. However, most older races that befriend diospids become friends to the whole community. Their fear of the surface and their congeniality keeps them from becoming the dominant race of humanoids; not to worry though, these creatures are tough, strong and sleepless. A diospid friend is always watching over you; that you can count on.

Diospid Racial Features

-2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -2 Intelligence
Monstrous Humanoid
Medium
Base Land Speed 30 feet
Bio-Luminescence – Diospids have light emitting glands on their stomachs. They can shine light up to ten feet, with shadowy illumination up to twenty feet past that. At 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter, their range extends by 5 feet for illumination and 10 feet for shadowy illumination. Diospids can mute this to a faint glow as a free action.
Natural Armor – A diospid starts play with a +2 racial bonus to Natural Armor.
Wings – A diospid's wings are too small to allow them to fly. However, they do not take falling damage as long as they can unfurl their wings. If a diospid is not bound, immobilized, paralyzed, unconscious or otherwise incapacitated, a diospid flutters down at a rate of 60 feet per round.
Extra Arms – A siospid has two sets of arms, their strong upper set, and a weaker lower set. Their lower arms are too weak to wield weapons or shields themselves, but they are useful in allowing a diospid to use a weapon one size category larger than it normally could. In order to do this, a Large one handed or Light weapon needs their primary Upper and Lower arms free and available to use the weapon; a Large two-handed weapon needs all four arms free and able to wield the weapon. A diospid can also use this to treat Medium two-handed weapons as Large One-handed weapons, though still treat them as if he were weilding them two handed. Many diospid swordsmen are known for dual-wielding two greatswords, or for diospids under mountainous areas, two greathammers. Diospids also cannot (normally) take advantage of multiple pairs of gloves, bracers or rings; only the upper arms gain benefits from such magic items.
Limb Symmetry – A diospid can ignore the Dexterity requirements for the “Two-Weapon” style feats, but they still must fulfill the rest of the prerequisites.
Sleepless – Diospids do not need to sleep; as a quirk of their body, they actually have multiple smaller brains and not one large one. Though removal of any one of these brains will kill them, it means that one brain can sleep while the other four work. As such, diospids are immune to magical sleep effects and only need to rest to regain their spells or power points.
Insect Body – A diospid's beetle-like body makes it very unsuited for the types of items humans would wear. It cannot wear armor properly. They take a -2 penalty to Dexterity while in Medium armor, and a -4 penalty while in Heavy armor. They must buy special armor that costs as if it were made for a Large character as well, due to how odd a diospid's body is shaped. They also cannot wear boots unless they are made for a diospid (though sandals are still okay). Their large, talon like feet renders them unable to use normal shoes.
Languages – Diospids start with Common, Undercommon and Diospid. Bonus Languages – Drow, Dwarf and Gnome.

Feats

Steel Diospid Plating
Prerequisites - Diospid, proficiency with Heavy armor, taking place in a Body of Steel ceremony.
Benefit - Your plating becomes thicker and bumpy in places. You lose the ability to wear Heavy or Medium armor, though you are still proficient. Instead, you gain a +3 bonus to your Natural armor, plus an additional +1 bonus to Natural armor for every four character levels you posses.
The Body of Steel ceremony costs 100 gold, plus 2000 gold per every four levels you possess. Once you take this feat, you know the ritual and can perform it on yourself, and when you reach the next time you would be able to increase, you can spend the gold to do the next ritual on yourself. It takes one week after performing the ritual for the Natural Armor bonus to take effect.

Benly
2012-02-06, 09:02 PM
The at-will Alter Self on the Irda is pretty potent, since in addition to its disguise utility and various minor benefits it means they functionally have a third stat bonus.

alchemyprime
2012-02-07, 12:05 AM
The at-will Alter Self on the Irda is pretty potent, since in addition to its disguise utility and various minor benefits it means they functionally have a third stat bonus.

I've always ruled that out, so I have ruled it out of their ability.

moghue
2012-02-07, 01:36 AM
Alchemyprime, I would just like to make sure this is okay, i will eventually be putting my world build on the forum. I'm just making sure its kewl for me to post it, I will credit you for it :smallbiggrin:

alchemyprime
2012-02-07, 12:19 PM
Alchemyprime, I would just like to make sure this is okay, i will eventually be putting my world build on the forum. I'm just making sure its kewl for me to post it, I will credit you for it :smallbiggrin:

Oh, gladly! Go ahead, dude. And hit me up if you need more feats or prestige classes for the cephalids. I am getting a bit of an idea of a Cephalid Spellburner, based on the idea that most of the Cephalid cards let you discard people's cards; what if we had a class that let you burn off an opponent's spell slots, spell like abilities or supernatural abilities, forcing them to be unable to use them for the day?

moghue
2012-02-07, 12:47 PM
Honestly in the world build that would work perfectly. We are setting up right now for a great war in which a lot of stuff will be made, including an mmo and 2 console games. the mmo will take quite some time, but the others won't as much. But, They are siding with the Empire which don't use magic much as apposed to the oposite side having the most powerful wizards ever on their side. So having a squad of guys that can do that to them would actually work great :smallbiggrin:

alchemyprime
2012-02-07, 01:13 PM
Honestly in the world build that would work perfectly. We are setting up right now for a great war in which a lot of stuff will be made, including an mmo and 2 console games. the mmo will take quite some time, but the others won't as much. But, They are siding with the Empire which don't use magic much as apposed to the oposite side having the most powerful wizards ever on their side. So having a squad of guys that can do that to them would actually work great :smallbiggrin:

Gimme some time, my man, and I will deliver. My next post, I swear, will be the next installment of the bugs: The Insectare! (For all you Spelljammer fans out there).

moghue
2012-02-07, 01:20 PM
Your awesome bro!

alchemyprime
2012-02-08, 02:34 PM
Now, for something slightly less buggy, the insectare! And do not worry: the Khepri and the Thri-Kreen are shortly forthcoming.

Insectare

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence
Monstrous Humanoid – Insectare are monstrous humanoids, and have Darkvision out to a range of 60 feet.
Medium Size
Normal Speed – An insectare can move 30 feet in a round.
Elf Blooded – The insectare are very similar to elves, and any effect that would affect a Humanoid (Elf) also affects an insectare.
Natural Armor – Insectare have a +1 racial Natural Armor bonus from their exoskeleton.
Natural Liars – Insectare do not want you to know that they are insectare; the more people think they are elves, the less likely they will find their hives. They have a +2 bonus to Bluff checks and a +2 bonus to Disguise checks to look like an elf.
Antennae – An insectare has two antennae that they can use as a secondary natural attack, dealing 1d3 points of damage. These antennae are also how an insectare shows emotions, which is why they don't seem to emote properly with other humanoids. Because of this, they suffer a -2 penalty on Diplomacy checks with any non-insectare.
Languages - Insectare start play knowing Common and Insectare. They can choose any other language except for secret languages as bonus languages. All Insectare can choose Salt or Cant, even if they aren't pirates or rogues.

Antennae Adept
Prerequisite – Insectare
Benefit – Your antennae allow you to read your opponent's moves on the air. If you do not use your antennae attacks this round, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC.

Antennae Strike
Prerequisite – Insectare, Antennae Adept, Weapon Focus (Antennae), Weapon Finesse
Benefit – When you are wielding a weapon with which you have Weapon Finesse and you make a full attack with that weapon, you may make two antennae attacks at your full base attack bonus.

Antennae Initiate
Prerequisite – Insectare, Antennae Adept, Antennae Strike, Weapon Focus (Antennae), Weapon Finesse
Benefit – Your antennae damage increases to 1d4.

Antennae Warrior
Prerequisite – Insectare, Antennae Adept, Antennae Strike, Weapon Focus (Antennae), Weapon Finesse
Benefit – The threat range of your antennae attacks increases to 19-20/x2.

Defensive Antennae Expert
Prerequisite – Insectare, Antennae Adept, base attack bonus +3
Benefit – Your dodge bonus from Antennae Adept increases by +1.
Special – You can take this feat multiple times; it's effect stack. Every time you take this feat, you must add +3 to the Base Attack Bonus prerequisite (So the second time you take this feat, you must have at least a base attack bonus of +6).

alchemyprime
2012-02-21, 04:17 PM
Thri-Kreen

Thri-kreen are also known as the Xixian Bug-men (to differentiate them from the more friendly dromites and diospids). Xix is a bizzare empire to the east of Isgall, with fierce thri-kreen warriors and khepri scholars and spellcasters. Between these armies and the impassible mountains east of their unforgiving deserts, it would be foolish to try to invade Xix!

Xix holds a secret though. The empire ends at the top of those mountains; the Xixians don't let the three western nations know that their empire is truly just the thin strip on the coast, and that past that are many, much stronger empires until one hits the Black Wall. Half the world is unknown to the “civilized” lands of Van Jhal, Isgall and Altieriet, and that is Xix's best kept secret.

+2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma
Monstrous Humanoid – As a monstrous humanoid, a Thri-Kreen has darkvision out to 60 feet.
Fast Speed – A thri-kreen moves 40 feet per turn.
Weapon Proficiencies – Thri-kreen treat gythka and chatchkas as Martial weapons.
Psionic Talent – A thri-kreen starts play with a pool of power points equal to their Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). They can spend 1 power point to gain a +5 psionic bonus to Acrobatics checks to jump for one minute. They can augment this by 1 extra point to increase the bonus by +5 at 3rd level and every three levels thereafter (so +10 for 2 points at 3rd, +15 for 3 points at 6th, +20 for 4 points at 9th, +25 for 5 points at 12th, +30 for 6 points at 15th, +35 for 7 points at 18th, etc.).
Sleepless – Thri-kreen are immune to magical sleep effects, and only need two hours sleep to gain the normal benefits of sleep and to recharge their racial psionic power points. They still need to rest for eight hours to gain back spells or power points form other sources, however.
Natural Attacks – A thri-kreen has four arms that end with powerful claws. Each of these four claws deal 1d4 points of damage. If a thri-kreen is wielding a weapon, he loses one claw attack per hand used.
Multi-armed – Thri-kreen gain Multi-Weapon Fighting instead of Two-Weapon Fighting.
Camouflage – Thri-kreen have a +4 bonus to Stealth checks to hide in sandy and arid areas.
Language – Thri-kreen start play knowing Common and Thri-Kreen. Bonus Languages – Giant, Gnoll, Goblin

Fierce Mandibles
Prerequisite – Thri-kreen
Benefit – You gain a bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage.

Toxic Bite
Prerequisite – Thri-kreen, must possess a bite attack
Benefit – You may include a strong poison in your bite attack. (Injury, DC 11 + your Constitution modifier, Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d3 Str damage.) If the target fails their last save, they are paralyzed for 1d6 rounds instead of taking the Strength damage. You only gain 3 uses of this poison per day.

Improved Toxin
Prerequisite – Having a natural poison or a poisonous natural attack
Benefit – Your natural poison you make has its save DC increased by +2, and you gain 1 extra use of it.
Special – You can take this feat multiple times; it's effects stack.

Gythka – This polearm like weapon has a blade on each side, allowing one to wield it two handed to use each side, taking the normal penalties to using a two weapons, but as if both heads were one-handed weapons. (65 GP/1d8/1d8 Small, 1d10/1d10 Medium/Slashing/20/x2)
Chatkcha – A chatkcha is simply throwing wedge of crystal, but with a fierce edge on it. (2 GP/1d4 Small, 1d6 Medium/Piercing/18-20/x2)

So I'll just put this Thri-Kreen here...

Benly
2012-02-21, 06:58 PM
I don't know when it was added, but I think you typoed Improved Tainted Spirit (irda racial feat) as a second Improved Blessed Spirit.

alchemyprime
2012-02-21, 07:06 PM
Thanks for catching that Benly. Should be fixed now.