PDA

View Full Version : What OOTS Merchandise would you like to see?

bluewurm
2012-01-31, 09:53 PM
...either as part of the rewards for the Kickstarter drive or in the future?

a short list of stuff I'd strongly consider buying:

1. Pewter miniatures, of suitable size for use in your D&D game. I'd start with a 6-pick of The Order and a 6-pack featuring Xykon, Redcloak, MiTD, Nale, Thog, & Sabine. More to follow if successful.

2. a 6" tall statue of various characters, basically a really cool paperweight (you better believe there'd be a Xykon on my desk ASAP)

3. OOTS the Authorized Screensaver/Wallpaper... a collection of newly-drawn (or "re-sized to look nice at larger resolution than the comic is now) images, the still images can be used either as wallpaper or they can go through a sort of slideshow as your screensaver! (pretty much impossible to stop the piracy on this though, which is why it might make a decent kickstarter reward but not a great for sale item)

Flame of Anor
2012-01-31, 10:10 PM
...either as part of the rewards for the Kickstarter drive or in the future?

a short list of stuff I'd strongly consider buying:

1. Pewter miniatures, of suitable size for use in your D&D game. I'd start with a 6-pick of The Order and a 6-pack featuring Xykon, Redcloak, MiTD, Nale, Thog, & Sabine. More to follow if successful.

2. a 6" tall statue of various characters, basically a really cool paperweight (you better believe there'd be a Xykon on my desk ASAP)

3. OOTS the Authorized Screensaver/Wallpaper... a collection of newly-drawn (or "re-sized to look nice at larger resolution than the comic is now) images, the still images can be used either as wallpaper or they can go through a sort of slideshow as your screensaver! (pretty much impossible to stop the piracy on this though, which is why it might make a decent kickstarter reward but not a great for sale item)

Wow. Those all sound super-awesome. Good ideas!

Bulldog Psion
2012-01-31, 10:11 PM
The miniatures sound great, although I'm not quite sure how to render the arms and legs.

Chess435
2012-01-31, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Rich used some of the excess $$$ to outright buy a new server. :smalltongue:

At the rate we're going, we could be the first Kickstarter to raise 7 figures.

MoonCat
2012-01-31, 10:14 PM
I would actually really love a good OoTS background. I recall the Giant had those as rewards for something years ago, but not anymore. That'd be awesome to get the opportunity to have again.

Mary
2012-02-01, 11:49 PM
Might go for the figurines... On the KS comments they have mentioned...

Dice
Commemorative T-shirts
Book K - all the stuff from KS including the graphs
Buttons
A whole series of T shirt ideas... Most were Of the ... And all I got was T shirt. (although it might be funny to say this T and 7 PDFs etc)
A chess set
Plushies were mentioned (with a super funny misunderstanding)

I must confess to drawing a blank on my own ideas. Everything that pops in my head is pretty stupid.

Cards, drinking glasses and stuff like that. Animate a short story... Lock pick set, puppets.

At this point I have hard time justifying anything big since I ummm got enthusiastic on KS.

Issabella
2012-02-02, 12:22 AM
The other settings parodies similar to the Dim Sun reward. I would pay for a Ravenloft, Ebberon, Spell Jamer, or Forgotten Realm spoof

Brahamut
2012-02-02, 12:33 AM
I'd like to add a vote for OOTS themed dice. Also MITD's plush dragon.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0475.html

Flame of Anor
2012-02-02, 01:19 AM
@^: YES DRAGON YES

The other settings parodies similar to the Dim Sun reward. I would pay for a Ravenloft, Ebberon, Spell Jamer, or Forgotten Realm spoof

Crowloft, Spelljellier, Amnesia Land

Not sure of one for Eberron...

Smolder
2012-02-02, 01:38 AM

I thought it was already a Forgotten Realms parody. Just ask Zz'dtri.

Eerie
2012-02-02, 02:08 AM
Hardcover versions of the books.

Hardcover and color versions of the prequel books.

A map of the OOTS world.

RoboChap
2012-02-02, 07:54 AM

Not sure if this would work as a Kickstarter reward, but I would DEFINITELY buy this if they were straight merchandise! I would use them for both RPG's and for the Dungeon of Dorukan game :smallsmile:

And this is a reality as of Kickstarter Update 11 :smallsmile:

Mary
2012-02-02, 12:03 PM
Book mark came up on the KS comments....

luc258
2012-02-02, 12:07 PM
A real life version of Tsukiko's Xykon puppet. It's just that funny.

SoC175
2012-02-02, 01:59 PM
1. Pewter miniatures, of suitable size for use in your D&D game. I'd start with a 6-pick of The Order and a 6-pack featuring Xykon, Redcloak, MiTD, Nale, Thog, & Sabine. More to follow if successful.Forget the pewter, make them pre-painted plastic minis like the D&D miniatures or the new pathfinder miniatures.

I'd so love to use a Xykon mini whenever I need a lich

Hamiltonz
2012-02-02, 04:25 PM
I've made several posts about buttons. These could even use the same images as the magnets. Thing is, now that we have stickers I'm just going to use those to make my own buttons.

I was working on a computer game (I should finish that and then post a youtube video of it being played). I'll never release mine to the public because I respect other people's IP too much, but it might drum up enough interest for the Giant to offer one of his own.

An animated cartoon in much the same way as was done for Dilbert. It could be a straight-to-DVD offering.

An Official OotS dice bag/box. Glyphstone ninja'd me on the idea of official dice. Edit: Actually it looks like Smolder was first

If Rich decides to try the OotS set of dice, I think it would be cool if, on the dice, they replace the highest number with the face of an OotS character (:elan: Critical hit! Yay) and the lowest number with their Linear Guild nemesis (:nale: Critical miss! Bwahaha!)

Serphimera
2012-02-02, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
OotS dice would be fantastic. They'd go well with my Tagon dice.

Can't decide which of your buddies to give the smackdown to? Don't know what action to take next? Don't worry, with these nifty OotS dice, you will never have to make your own decisions again!

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee393/Serphimera/OotS/DICE.png http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee393/Serphimera/OotS/DICE2.png

EDIT: dice to be used with the OotS Dungeon adventure game

Hamiltonz
2012-02-02, 04:38 PM
When we play the card game we use colored dice for Attack/Defence and Range. We use White when the boost is equally to both attack and defence. It makes the game play faster as everyone can see where the adjustments are coming from...and to see the ones that were missed ;)

There could be official booster packs of colored dice for the game offered.

Edit: Also booster packs of monster cards.

Serphimera
2012-02-02, 05:23 PM
What I really, really, reeeeeally want is a set of OotS bobble head dolls.

Also, a scrabble-tile holder-type thingy for the little loot cards would be awesome.

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-04, 05:17 PM
My take on playing cards:

Suit: Sticks (as in the Stick, seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html), here (http://www.giantitp.com/Images/ShopBanner.gif), here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0696.html), and in Origins)Ace: Thor or Banjo
King: Roy
Queen: Haley's old outfit on one half, Haley's new outfit on the other
Jack: Elan, same as Haley
10: Belkar and Mr. Scruffy on top of 9 corpses (Solt, Evisceratus, a hobgoblin, etc.) and wearing Yikyik's head
9: Something with V and Blackwing
8: Something with Durkon
7-2: Stuff with Celia, Eugene, Roy's Archon, etc.

Suit: Roaches (with every card featuring some kind of comment from the roaches, such as a roach singing "Oh, I just can't wait to be king!" on the King of Roaches card)Ace: The Dark One
King: Xykon (possibly with zombie dragon)
Queen: Wrong-Eye on one half and Right-Eye in the mirror on the other
Jack: MitD
10: Tsukiko with 10 wights
9: Jirix with 9 hobgoblins
8-4: Various Team Evil minions (Hobgoblin General, Xykon's quadruplets, Teevo, etc.)
3: Trigak
2: Same as 8-4

Suit: SapphiresAce: The Twelve Gods
King: Shojo (one half senile, the other half sane)
Queen: Miko (one half blue, the other half beige)
Jack: Hinjo
10: O-Chul taking 10 meteor swarm hits
9-2: Lien, Thanh, Therkla, Niu, the Katos, Sangwaan, etc.

Suit: Lines (Anyone got any better idea?)Ace: Directors Lee, Nero, and Cedrik
King: Nale (same as Haley and Elan)
Queen: Sabine (one half true form, the other half human form)
Jack: Tarquin
10: Thog with 10 scoops of ice cream and/or a ten-leaf clover...and 10 corpses
9: Something with Qarr and Zz'dtri
8: Something with Malack
7-2: Stuff with Hilgya, Yukyuk, etc. (such as Yokyok running from 5 adventurers, Pompey with 4 fiendish bugs, and so on)

Anarion
2012-02-04, 05:30 PM
Yep I would definitely buy either playing cards or dice.

One I would like to see would be some order of the stick hats, which don't exist as far as I'm aware. They could either be single character designs, or perhaps focused pieces taken from the t-shirt designs, or something new entirely.

Flame of Anor
2012-02-04, 06:41 PM

Suit: Sticks (as in the Stick, seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html), here (http://www.giantitp.com/Images/ShopBanner.gif), here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0696.html), and in Origins)

I never noticed Elan was drawing with that same stick!!!

NerfTW
2012-02-04, 06:52 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Rich used some of the excess $$$ to outright buy a new server. :smalltongue:

At the rate we're going, we could be the first Kickstarter to raise 7 figures.

A server is a recurring payment, not a one time payment.

twinkletoes
2012-02-04, 08:35 PM
An alter to Banjo The Clown, God Of Puppetry!:smalltongue:

ella ventic
2012-02-04, 08:48 PM
How about a set of OOTS finger puppets like Elan uses in his recap in No Cure for the Paladin Blues?

Yendor
2012-02-04, 09:02 PM

Ooh. Banjo and Giggles as jokers.

Gorgon_Heap
2012-02-04, 10:36 PM
Hardcover and color versions of the prequel books.

I'm virtually positive those books were actually rendered in greyscale because of Rich's comments regarding how he had to experiment to get the coloer right for printing.

At any rate, there is already more than I can afford to buy no matter how much I'd like to.

That said (and understanding the coloring book is frickin' sweet - my daughter can't wait!) even if we have to wait for the campaign (the first campaign?) to end I'd like to see a sourcebook on the ootsiverse. All the places, maps, people, items, history and ideas Rich came up with (to date, knowing it's not complete) but had no chance to use.

I know he's left it all open to interpretation, but hell, I love my fluff.

Dorath
2012-02-04, 11:07 PM
Banjo the Clown oven mitts.

Flame of Anor
2012-02-04, 11:50 PM
Banjo the Clown oven mitts.

...huh? :smallconfused:

ZMiles
2012-02-05, 12:09 AM
Dice
Playing cards
Chess pieces (maybe even multiple sets -- an OotS, Linear Guild, one for Team Evil, one for Azure City, one for the Empire of Blood...)
Plushies. The Xykon plushie is cute, but I could also go for OotS or a Thog one.

Ast
2012-02-05, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't mind if some merchandise for iPads appeared. I know that there is something for iPhones but I had to get skins from Looking for Group only because there was nothing from OOTS available.

turkishproverb
2012-02-05, 07:21 AM
stress balls of character-heads.

Olorin Maia
2012-02-07, 02:40 PM
Are the Color Compilations hardcover? If not, that would be a great buy. I've signed up for the Whole Run, but obviously haven't gotten the books yet.

Bleak Ink
2012-02-08, 10:43 AM
More Team Evil merchandise in general, and (on a slightly far-fetched hand) fabrics. Like the kind you use to sew your own clothes.

Palthera
2012-02-08, 10:47 AM
...huh? :smallconfused:

The gloves you use to take hot things out of the oven, shaped like banjo the clown.