PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum combined with Maneuvers or Psionics?

Rossebay
2012-01-31, 10:10 PM
Is there any effecient way to combine Incarnum with Maneuvers?

Or, Psionics with Incarnum?

balistafreak
2012-01-31, 10:13 PM
Is there any effecient way to combine Incarnum with Maneuvers?

Or, Psionics with Incarnum?

Rotate a few levels of Initiator with Incarnum - ToB classes multiclass extremely well.

Psionics, I have no idea though.

Big Fau
2012-01-31, 10:42 PM
There's the Soul Manifester PrC online, from the Mind's Eye articles WotC put up. That's it though.

Rossebay
2012-01-31, 11:03 PM
There's the Soul Manifester PrC online, from the Mind's Eye articles WotC put up. That's it though.

Baaahhhh.

WotC needs more Theruges! :[ Any homebrew you guys know of?

Big Fau
2012-01-31, 11:06 PM
Baaahhhh.

WotC needs more Theruges! :[ Any homebrew you guys know of?

A friend of mine built a LN Ardent 4/Incarnate 2/Soul Manifester 4/Legacy Champion 10 that was actually very efficient, despite only having a +13 BAB (then again, 13 is his favorite number).

Circle of Life
2012-01-31, 11:07 PM
Incarnum + Maneuvers = Good Times (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208842)

HunterOfJello
2012-01-31, 11:09 PM
Converting the Soulcaster into using Psionics instead of Arcane magic would take a whole 3 minutes. Just do that.

Incarnum and ToB is full of dipping classes. Just multiclass.

Zombulian
2012-01-31, 11:10 PM
Soul Manifester is AWESHUM! Spells to Powers Erudite and Incarnate works pretty well together :smallbiggrin: There are some nice psionic-y soulmelds under this class here (Soul Manifester is AWESHUM! Spells to Powers Erudite and Incarnate works pretty well together :smallbiggrin: There are some nice http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a).

Rossebay
2012-01-31, 11:15 PM
Incarnum + Maneuvers = Good Times (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208842)

Whoa. Base Class Alert. D: I'll definitely have a look at this.

Converting the Soulcaster into using Psionics instead of Arcane magic would take a whole 3 minutes. Just do that.

Incarnum and ToB is full of dipping classes. Just multiclass.

Would they work together correctly?

A friend of mine built a LN Ardent 4/Incarnate 2/Soul Manifester 4/Legacy Champion 10 that was actually very efficient, despite only having a +13 BAB (then again, 13 is his favorite number).

That sounds pretty interesting...

Psyren
2012-01-31, 11:20 PM
In addition to the Soul Manifester (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a) Big Fau mentioned, there are also some psionic soulmelds in the same article. One of them is very powerful (Psion's Eyes) as it lets you make UPD, Psicraft and Autohypnosis bonuses untrained, while simultaneously giving you a hefty boost to same.

With that soulmeld, your Incarnate can actually sub in as a manifester, much in the same way that an Incarnate with Mage's Spectacles can sub in as the party caster.

The feats though are the real source of synergy, particularly Midnight Augmentation (aka Blue Metapower) and Psycarnum Infusion (aka Font of Blue.)

Coidzor
2012-01-31, 11:22 PM
Psycarnum FTW! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a)

Sadly I don't recall any way to mix Psionic progression and martial adept status.

I recall hearing some tell that a psionics focused character with only minimal investment in feats/meldshaping could pick up some fairly potent combos due to being able to open chakras more cheaply and readily than spellcasters due to the way the power system works.

So it's possible that a Psionics/ToB character could pick up most-to-all of the incarnum tricks you'd want.

At the very least, psionics is the path to making the best meldshaper without any meldshaping levels.

Rossebay
2012-01-31, 11:37 PM
Interesting thought... I just may end up trying that.

So, question for you guys. Which Martial Adept would mix best with Totemist or Incarnate?

Chronos
2012-01-31, 11:47 PM
There's no class for combining ToB and psionics, but ToB characters can still get a lot of use out of dabbling a bit in psionics. In particular, psionic focus (used to take 15 on a concentration check) can be very nice combined with Diamond Mind maneuvers. And I think there are also a few feats that work with psionics, too.

And for mixing with Totemist, you'll definitely want something with Tiger Claw, to take advantage of all those claws.

Manateee
2012-01-31, 11:47 PM
Totemist 2 makes a cool dip in a Tiger Claw-heavy Warblade build. Adds all sorts of nifty binds and puts the stance progression on schedule.

Crusader makes a solid dip for Incarnate-heavy Ironsoul Forgemaster builds.

Tvtyrant
2012-01-31, 11:54 PM
I would probably go Spirit Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1/Totemist 2/Crusader 3/Swordsage1/Totem Rager 8/Master of Nine 5.

That gets you the idiot Crusader trick (although no 9s), essentia from totem rager, pounce, and the fourth iterative (I believe).

navar100
2012-02-01, 12:43 AM
At high level play, have the soul meld that gives you immunity to Constitution damage. Play a Crusader. Strike with Greater Divine Surge at full blast.

Big Fau
2012-02-01, 01:43 AM
At high level play, have the soul meld that gives you immunity to Constitution damage. Play a Crusader. Strike with Greater Divine Surge at full blast.

Strongheart Vest, which invokes the old Hellfire argument.

Psyren
2012-02-01, 08:49 AM
Strongheart Vest, which invokes the old Hellfire argument.

I agree, this is iffy at best. "For each point of Constitution damage you take," means to me that you actually have to take the damage.

Zombulian
2012-02-01, 09:42 AM
In a case like that I would just stick to binding Naberius for fast ability healing.

Edit: wait a second. How was there debate when Hellfire specifically says " if you do not have a Constitution score or are somehow immune to Constitution damage, you cannot use this ability"?

The-Mage-King
2012-02-01, 09:56 AM
Edit: wait a second. How was there debate when Hellfire specifically says " if you do not have a Constitution score or are somehow immune to Constitution damage, you cannot use this ability"?

You aren't immune to Con damage.

However, less... Liberal... people claim that it makes you immune, despite evidence that reducing harm is not immunity. DR, for example. Energy Resistance, too.

Psyren
2012-02-01, 10:27 AM
In a case like that I would just stick to binding Naberius for fast ability healing.

The argument (which, let me preface, I do not necessarily support) was along the lines that Strongheart Vest was like damage reduction for your Con score, and that damage reduction is not the same as damage immunity.

YMMV

Geigan
2012-02-01, 04:22 PM
Can we stop that argument right there? Warlocks are neither psionic or incarnum and unless they contribute something to the concept I'd think beating that old undead horse isn't going to be productive. The crusader thing is a nice trick though probably open to your own DM's interpretation. Fair enough?

On topic: I have built incarnum with maneuvers in the form of a swordsage/totemist before. The main benefit of maneuvers in that case was all the means of getting myself into range for full attacks with all my natural weapons. If you can get a necklace of natural attacks for the aptitude weapon property you can even get shadow blade to apply to your various natural attacks which is great though quite expensive. It made my Tibbit a whirlwind of furry fury.:smallbiggrin: