PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga: Non Jedi Lightsaber Build

Saya
2012-02-01, 12:24 AM
I recently started playing Star Wars Saga with a group, and since I joined late, pretty much all the roles were already filled up, so I was left to do whatever I wanted to.

I decided first of all that I would play a Human Replica Droid (Threats of the Galaxy, +2 str/dex, -2 cha) then as I mucked around, I decided that I would make a lightsaber build on a droid, and see how that would turn out.

So currently the campaign is level 6, and my plan is to go Noble 1/Soldier5, and see where I can go from there, my main question are these:

1. Is Scoundrel instead of noble a good idea? This covers the at least one of the Elite Trooper PRC feat requires if I choose to go that route

2. If not Elite Trooper, is there any other prc that would be good for a melee build?

As a side note, before people ask, yes, I do have permission from my DM to start with a lightsaber, provided I'm willing to pay the cost for one.

RandomLunatic
2012-02-01, 05:17 PM
1: Well, the only thing a Noble can really offer a melee build is the Fencing Talent Tree from the KoTOR Campagin Guide. Though those talents lean on CHA, which you take a penalty to. Depends how exactly you build it. Assuming you plan on exploting your natural SF(Deception) and feinting a lot, Scoundrel could get you either Sneak Attack or Dastardly Strike to nicely complement it.

2: Speaking of KoTOR, check out the Melee Duelist. It is one of the few ways to make full attacking with melee work. And since you have your copy of KoTOR out, you might like to know that you can qualify for Elite Trooper with Flurry instead of Point Blank Shot.

Alejandro
2012-02-01, 05:44 PM
If you have Scavenger's Guide to Droids, take a look at the Duelist Elite droid. Although not an HRD, it's doing what you wanted to do.