PDA

View Full Version : Feat items

Adindra
2012-02-01, 01:41 AM
Im currently playing a Dread Necromancer (necropoliton templated) and another player is playing a bard. I know about the requiem feat that lets your bardic music affect undead but unfortunately he doesnt have the room for it in his build. I know about items that act as though you had a specific feat but what i was wondering was

Are there any rules for creating items that give the person using it the benifits of a feat while its used?

ie a lute that lets him act as though he has the Requiem feat

Mystify
2012-02-01, 02:52 AM
I would say its reasonable to do in this case. There are not really rules for it though, even though there are items that grant you feat access.

For instance, goggles of foefinding ignores cover bonuses to AC. That is a 2,500 gp item that gives the benefits of precise shot, and most of improved precise shot. Keen duplicates improved critical.

corsair's eyepatch is a 3k item that you use see invisibily for 1 round, orthe benefit of blind-fight for 1 minute, and works 3 times per day.

dragongang gaultlets are masterwork guantlets that give you +2 strength and lets you use the effect of improved sunder 3/day. 4,300gp for that effect, factoring out the cost of the +2 str bonus and masterwork. If you do have the geat, it lets you overcome damage reduction as if you were wielding a magic weapon.

So the cost depends on the feat, but it would seem to cost a couple thousand for a basic feat.

deuxhero
2012-02-01, 11:46 AM
There was actually a list of items that gave feats somewhere.

Adindra
2012-02-01, 03:30 PM
Snip.

thank you very much!
my dm already ok'd it as long as i can figure out how much it would cost and 3k seems about reasonable

Morithias
2012-02-01, 10:56 PM
I believe the actual rules for it in Arms and Equipment sidebar was "10k plus 5k for every feat required for the feat you're replicating".

Keep in mind you can still lower the cost with normal magic item things -30% for only useable by bard, -10% if you need a perform check to use the item, etc.

Thurbane
2012-02-02, 01:54 AM
There was actually a list of items that gave feats somewhere.
There's this one, compiled by Curmudgeon: http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/ASMoNM/feats.html

I believe the actual rules for it in Arms and Equipment sidebar was "10k plus 5k for every feat required for the feat you're replicating".
A&EG, p.128:

Magic Items that Grant Feats
<snip>
A general guideline for other kinds of feats is that they cost 10,000 gp, plus another 5,000 gp to 10,000 gp per prerequisite.