PDA

View Full Version : I may have been foolish regarding Kickstarter.

The_Final_Stand
2012-02-01, 12:04 PM
Right, so. I pledged $39 to Kickstarter for Start of Darkness + Magnet + $10 for international shipping. When Kickstarter asked me to log in, I did so via Facebook. I authorised payment via Amazon and all that, and have only recently realised that my Facebook account doesn't have my address listed.

Having just added my address to my facebook page, I'm wondering if I need to do anything to ensure the rewards all get through.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas
2012-02-01, 12:57 PM
Don't worry, the only information Kickstarter needs from you right now is your means of payment and your email address, and I don't think it's possible to make a pledge without giving them access to those. When the pledge drive is over, Rich will send a mass email through Kickstarter to ask everyone for addresses and any other details required to distribute rewards.

NerfTW
2012-02-01, 01:03 PM
This is something you should ask Kickstarter, not the admins of this message board. Nobody here can give you a definite answer.

The Succubus
2012-02-01, 01:26 PM
I think I can. Amazon has your address and I think they forward it on to kickstarter when the cash is taken out of your account.

NerfTW
2012-02-01, 01:42 PM
I think I can. Amazon has your address and I think they forward it on to kickstarter when the cash is taken out of your account.

That's not correct, actually. And that's my point. Asking here just results in a lot of people giving opinions. But I went over to Kickstarter and clicked on the link for the Help page and selected "Backing a project" (http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backing%20a%20project)

Douglas had the correct answer:

As a backer, how will project creators get my info (mailing address, T-shirt size, etc.) to deliver rewards?

Project creators will send you an email survey to request any info they need to deliver you and your fellow backers’ rewards, such as your mailing address or other details.

Surveys are sent only after a project has been successfully funded. Some creators send surveys immediately, others wait until they’re ready to deliver rewards. If you think you might have missed a survey email, please log in to your Kickstarter account to check — you’ll see a notification at the top of the site for any missed surveys.

The Giant
2012-02-01, 11:56 PM
Yes, the Kickstarter FAQ has it right: the only shipping address that matters is the one that you voluntarily provide to us when we email you for it after the drive is over. We don't even have access to any that might be attached to your Amazon, Facebook, or other accounts.