PDA

View Full Version : [Deadlands Classic] How to Get Around Cursed?

Jack of Spades
2012-02-01, 04:41 PM
When I was drawing up my Huckster the other day, I came across a Joker, then another Joker-- unfortunately a black one. Thus, my character is Cursed. So I was wondering what techniques there are to get around that particular Mysterious Past. I've already set my sights on the hex Gambler's Luck, and I unfortunately had to pass on Luck of the Irish. So, what other ways are there to get those coveted chips, especially the sort I can get Bounty out of?

EDIT: Sorry mods, I forgot that one of the subforums is also for all non-DnD systems. :smalleek:

Diskhotep
2012-02-01, 09:30 PM
Roleplay your Hindrances.

Take things like Heroic (let's face it, you'll be helping folks out anyway), Overconfident or Yeller, Phobia, Loyal, and anything else that is social and requires you to do (or not do) something. Avoid Hindrances that only affect you during character creation or in minor ways.

If you have a good Marshal, the best way to get chips is to get out there and inconvenience yourself, as often as possible and as noticeably as possible. But don't be annoying about it - the best way to be denied a chip is to grub for one at the expense of everyone else's fun.