PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Is the Druid an Animorph?

Laniius
2012-02-01, 09:13 PM
In other words, do they need to transform back to their base form before taking on another form? i.e. human --> bear --> human --> eagle, or human -->bear -->eagle?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-01, 09:16 PM
No. But each change takes up a Wild Shape use.

Alleran
2012-02-01, 10:02 PM
No, they don't need to switch back to their base form.

Also, I loved those books.

Seerow
2012-02-01, 10:22 PM
A Wildshape Range/MoMF is probably closer (the technology allowed for morphing into anything including crazy alien aberations, not just animals). But there's still the limited uses per day and no need to switch back to human form. Also duration is much longer.

If you want an exactly matching mechanic, you're going to have to do some homebrewing. Alternatively at 17+, one casting of shapechange lasts all day and lets you swap forms at will. But I doubt that's what you're looking for.

Slipperychicken
2012-02-01, 10:26 PM
They don't have to touch the animal/elemental species they turn into. They get Alter Self at will, which is pretty badass.

Manateee
2012-02-01, 10:28 PM
A Druid isn't an Animorph.
A Formbound Spiritist (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/formbound-spiritist) is an Animorph.

DeAnno
2012-02-02, 05:02 AM
The nice thing animorphs would have going for them in 3.5 is that despite all the annoying limitations on their powers, they don't have to deal with limitations on hit dice or size category.

Laniius
2012-02-03, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning on spending the majority of my time Dire Ape form so I can have thumbs, and it would have been a real shame to have to turn back into my less impressive pixie form whenever I wanted to be a T-Rex.