PDA

View Full Version : Afflux: Blood Game

Rethmar
2012-02-02, 12:08 AM
In a campaign I'm working on, Afflux will be featured as the BBEG. While playing him, I will be using him as a god of blood and knowledge of the anatomy of mortals. He believes that there is an underlying secret within the anatomy and structure of mortal bodies (mostly humans),some code or lesson or something, that will give him greater power and control.

At some point, I will have Afflux discover this secret, through an avatar the party unwittingly helped build. I'm not sure exactly what his discovery might entail or provide for him. Any ideas that pop into your head would be greatly appreciated.

The main reason for my thread, however, is the Blood Game he will at some point throw against the party as they try to stop him. This Blood Game will occur on a demiplane of Afflux, which the party will arrive on after a tampered-with Teleport-style spell.

I'm looking for some pointers on what you guys might think would be cool for this Blood Game, in which he uses his new-found secret of blood and mortal body structure to start with an advantage. Maybe some kind of oversized re-styled Chess, or a puzzle/riddle/maze. Or even some encounters in which enemies fight the players one one one, with specific racial counters.

Anyway, thank you for the responses and ideas. :)

OracleofSilence
2012-02-02, 12:49 AM
Well gods of blood should perhaps be associated with Gladiatorial combat? Perhaps as they take damage the subsequent enemies will be empowered by consuming the blood or something?