PDA

View Full Version : Feat to get Druid spells on a Cleric?

Cipher Stars
2012-02-02, 03:15 AM
I'm playing a Favored Soul.

I was wondering if there was a feat or something anywhere that'd let me take a spell from the Druid's list and add it to my Cleric's spell list for the grabs...

I want Baleful Polymorph to be exact. Best darned spell ever. My character likes curses, I the player like curses, so I simply must get Baleful Polymorph! Whats a curse-slinging wild witchy person without the ability to turn people into toads!

Mystify
2012-02-02, 03:24 AM
It is a sorc/wiz spell as well. I'm not very well versed in how to get spells from other lists, so I don't know if that detail is relevant, but getting accessto some sorc/wiz spells could also work.

One possibility is to get access to the magic domain power, then get baleful polymorph on a staff.

sonofzeal
2012-02-02, 04:49 AM
Baleful Polymorph is offered by the Transformation domain. That's your simplest, most direct, least cheesy method.

Feytalist
2012-02-02, 05:08 AM
Favoured Soul = no domains.

Other than asking your DM very nicely, I can't think of anything. Unless you multiclass into a PrC that allows you to choose a domain of your own. Is there even something like that?

absolmorph
2012-02-02, 05:29 AM
Favoured Soul = no domains.

Other than asking your DM very nicely, I can't think of anything. Unless you multiclass into a PrC that allows you to choose a domain of your own. Is there even something like that?
Contemplative gives bonus domains.
That Knowledge (Religion) requirement is a bit of an (ironic) issue for a favored soul, but it's there.
I'm not sure what other options there are.

Ellrin
2012-02-02, 08:10 AM
Contemplative gives bonus domains.
That Knowledge (Religion) requirement is a bit of an (ironic) issue for a favored soul, but it's there.
I'm not sure what other options there are.

Divine Disciple (FRCS) gives a bonus domain at first level, as well, with much less stringent skill reqs. You need to be able to cast 4th level divine spells, w/ 5 ranks Diplomacy and 8 ranks Knowledge (religion), and you have to have to worship a deity, but that first level gives you +1 level divine spellcasting, a new domain, and "divine emissary" (ability to freely telepathically communicate with outsiders serving your deity and outsiders that share your alignment within 60ft.)

Should be fine for a 13th level Favored Soul.

Ernir
2012-02-02, 08:17 AM
Favored Souls can get Knowledge: Religion. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) So stuff like Contemplative is in.

Garwain
2012-02-02, 10:34 AM
Doesn't Contemplative only give you a bonus domain from what your god is offering or any domain matching your alignment (law, good, etc.)?

If PGtF is allowed, look into Initiate of Mystra feat which let's you prepare Anyspell as a domain spell. Now, go find a domain....

Psyren
2012-02-02, 10:48 AM
Skypleged (RotW) gets access to all Druid spells (it can "borrow" them similar to a MotAO.) It's also very easy for a Favored Soul to enter, and the adaptation even lets you use it with non-Raptorans.

hex0
2012-02-02, 07:54 PM
Prestige Ranger gets you some of them.

Randomguy
2012-02-02, 08:17 PM
Favoured of Bahamut/Tiamat ACF from dragon magic gets you, among other things, a fifth or sixth level spell from the sorcerer/wizard list at level 12. You could use that to get baleful polymorph.