PDA

View Full Version : Live Action OotS Discussion (Cut from Kickstarter thread)

Chess435
2012-02-02, 01:22 PM
Went for the $67 print-only special. And I'm predicting that we'll hit at least $500,000 by the end of the month. (I may upgrade to the $222 complete story special, if circumstances are willing).

Next reward: live action short! Or special OotS dice or chess pieces. Chess-piece Roy would be awesome.

Live action? OOTS? :smallconfused:

No. Just no.

Dragon Star
2012-02-02, 01:29 PM

No. Just no.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Even just animated OOTS would suck. Live action would be an abomination.

DougTheHead
2012-02-02, 01:32 PM

No. Just no.

Samuel L. Jackson as Roy!
Owen Wilson as Elan!
Alyson Hannigan or Felicia Day as Haley!
Peter Dinklage as Belkar!

Chess435
2012-02-02, 01:34 PM
Samuel L. Jackson as Roy!
Owen Wilson as Elan!
Alyson Hannigan or Felicia Day as Haley!
Peter Dinklage as Belkar!

Still no. :smallyuk:

CDP
2012-02-02, 01:36 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Even just animated OOTS would suck. Live action would be an abomination.

I agree that live action would be an abomination.

Animated sucking on the other hand I'm not so sure of. It would all depend on how it was written (since individual strips wouldn't translate very well).

Absol197
2012-02-02, 01:37 PM
Still no. :smallyuk:

I don't know, if it could be done well, it might be worth it. However, that would require a lot more than Hollywood has recently convinced me it is capable of. So, most likely, your statement is correct.

Gullintanni
2012-02-02, 01:43 PM

Animated sucking on the other hand I'm not so sure of. It would all depend on how it was written (since individual strips wouldn't translate very well).

It'd all come down to the voice acting for me. There's that old statistic that, what, less than 20% of communication is verbal?

If they couldn't get the body language and more importantly the voice and tone perfect for every character, then whatever was produced would be a train wreck. Worse, I have a perception of what every character sounds and acts like in my head and it's probably different for me than it is for Rich and for everyone here in the forums.

This is a bad idea.

Andious
2012-02-02, 01:48 PM

I actually saw a fan-made animation of the battle at Azure City a while back. I was actually really impressed, despite all the obvious flaws it had.

Which only means that if Mr. Burlew had the time and (more importantly) funds to create an animated OotS film, it would be AMAZING. (especially since the only options are "he has full control, or it doesn't happen.")

I also apologize deeply if this comment accidentally compels people to go "Quick! Send him money to do this!" I really don't think he'd appreciate that, ESPECIALLY not right now.

CDP
2012-02-02, 01:51 PM
It'd all come down to the voice acting for me. There's that old statistic that, what, less than 20% of communication is verbal?

If they couldn't get the body language and more importantly the voice and tone perfect for every character, then whatever was produced would be a train wreck. Worse, I have a perception of what every character sounds and acts like in my head and it's probably different for me than it is for Rich and for everyone here in the forums.

This is a bad idea.

Body language would be fairly easy. Rich's provided over 832 strips of reference material on how important characters act. In animation, body language is the realm of the artists and is integral to how a scene is written.

I agree that voice casting would be very important.

I actually saw a fan-made animation of the battle at Azure City a while back. I was actually really impressed, despite all the obvious flaws it had.

Which only means that if Mr. Burlew had the time and (more importantly) funds to create an animated OotS film, it would be AMAZING. (especially since the only options are "he has full control, or it doesn't happen.")

I also apologize deeply if this comment accidentally compels people to go "Quick! Send him money to do this!" I really don't think he'd appreciate that, ESPECIALLY not right now.

Yeah, this would be something that could never happen until the comic had run its course. I doubt it would happen even then, but we can dream can't we?

CoffeeIncluded
2012-02-02, 01:55 PM
Where is this?

Andious
2012-02-02, 02:01 PM
Where is this?

{Scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2012-02-02, 02:22 PM
Sheriff: These posts were moved from the Kickstarter thread for being off-topic and heading down the road to discussing copyright infringing materials. Thread locked for pretty much pointing right to such an infringing work. Whether it's good or bad, or made with love or not, let's not discuss and share things that make improper use of Rich's art.