PDA

View Full Version : Getting Spellcraft

DonutBoy12321
2012-02-02, 04:30 PM
Is there a way to add Spellcraft to your skill list without level dipping? I'm mainly looking for feats.

Godskook
2012-02-02, 04:35 PM
What purpose? Some things, like Mage Slayer, aren't really worth the effort of getting spellcraft via feat, while others might be.

Need_A_Life
2012-02-02, 05:53 PM
Traits from Pathfinder.
There's feats that allow you to gain either a few predetermined or a specific skill as a class skill. I think it was in Cityscape?
You could talk to your GM.

Piggy Knowles
2012-02-02, 05:56 PM
The feat Keeper of Forbidden Lore, from Fiendish Codex 1, gives you knowledge (planes) and spellcraft as class skills. It's also got some pretty heavily demonic flavor, being an abyssal heritor feat and all.

DonutBoy12321
2012-02-02, 05:57 PM
What purpose? Some things, like Mage Slayer, aren't really worth the effort of getting spellcraft via feat, while others might be.

I'm trying to get into Ur-Priest with Binder entry.

Edit: Keeper of Forbidden Lore could work, especially reflavored with dead gods instead of demons. Or I turned to demons to assist in my path to the Ur-Priest. Hmm.... Decisions.

hex0
2012-02-02, 05:59 PM
You could talk to your GM.

Since there are so many feats that add akill as a permanent skill (Some like Martial Study give you more than just that), just do this. It is about worth a feat.

Some people houserule that Skill Focus does this as well.

gbprime
2012-02-02, 07:05 PM
I'm trying to get into Ur-Priest with Binder entry.

Edit: Keeper of Forbidden Lore could work, especially reflavored with dead gods instead of demons. Or I turned to demons to assist in my path to the Ur-Priest. Hmm.... Decisions.

That's pretty solid, AND it has some flavor built in. Sounds like a winner.

Crasical
2012-02-02, 11:26 PM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6832.0

Looks like Keeper of Forbidden Lore and Aereni Focus seem the easiest ways.