PDA

View Full Version : Magic Gun of Possible DOOM!

Gligarman2
2012-02-02, 07:53 PM
Hey, I'm homebrewing a thing for Warmachine, and I need help. Can you come up with the most ridiculus, stupid, wild, crazy, and powerful effects for a DEATH GUN.....OF DOOM! It's a Scryah item. Lets here em!

jseah
2012-02-02, 08:56 PM
What do you want from your gun?

Is it a point-at-thing-you-don't-like-and-it-goes-boom type?
- Can it be blocked?
- How powerful does it need to be? Mountain leveling? Planet cracking? Reality destroying?
- Does it have collateral damage? Or is it a precision weapon? Silly me, of course it has collateral damage. Preferably solar system wide.

For any and all of those, I cannot think of anything better than the warp gun. Twists space into knots in a line. Enter the zone one way, bits of you go out every other way. Cut through any armour, blow through any shield, none of those things matter against singularity manipulation. The gun won't even use more power whether there's anything in beam or nothing at all.
And there won't be anything in the beam. Not for long, at least.
Swing it around for maximum effect and destruction. Try not to wreck the planet too much. It would be a pain to dig the thing out if you break the continental plate.

Or can it be more exotic?
Nanomachine bombs?
- Warning: Not test fired. Operator recommended not to be on the same planet.
Teleporter cannon? Fling allies around, and bits of enemies as well. And redirect incoming attacks. Drop a mountain on your personal nemesis.
Strong-force amplifier?
- Liable to turn planet into a supernova. Blast radius: 12LY
Alice-wormhole generator? (things going in convert to antimatter, which if aimed at half of a target, has... unhealthy results) Portal Gun++, target anywhere version
- Advanced version creates atom-sized Alice wormholes every other atom, results in total energy conversion for more fun and explode-y things.

Industrial Technomagic is always happy to present custom-made solutions to your present problem!
Feasibility not guaranteed. All terms and conditions apply.

Redshirt Army
2012-02-02, 09:51 PM
Alters reality in it's area of effect into non-euclidean space, thus applying an infinite torsion force on every single particle, thus utterly annihilating anything that isn't indestructible, and twisting anything that is indestructible into a useless and brain-melting form? Plus it would leave behind a nasty aftereffect.

Inkpencil
2012-02-03, 10:29 AM
Tiny version of Little Doctor. Fire a beam or projectile, watch it hit, and nothing happens... for about a minute. Then the target's molecular structure slowly breaks in a chain reaction until it's completely dusted. Or tiny explosions become big explosions that spread and speed up until the target is atomized.

Morghen
2012-02-03, 02:51 PM
Phase-Transition Weapon

Everything in the area advances one step up the scale.

Solids melt.
Liquids vaporize.
Gases ionize.
Plasma... I don't know what would happen if you hit a star with something like this.

OHMYGODHANGON.

DOUBLE PLASMA.

Mastikator
2012-02-03, 03:00 PM
Anti-matter field cannon.

The gun creates a beam shaped field that randomly transforms matter into anti-matter, causing major explosion of energy being transformed from matter into high energy electromagnetic waves (gamma radiation). The sudden explosion of energy causes everything within a 100 meter radius to be heated to 1 000 000 degrees celcius within 1 second, resulting in the destruction of everything on an atomic level.
Depending on how much matter was transformed, the blast could equal to 10 to 10 000 megatons of TNT.
Though the blast is "dirty", it does not leave behind unstable material.

Gligarman2
2012-02-03, 08:16 PM
I may not have been clear. I was requesting a list of random effects that made sense in a steampunk setting. For example: Every unit within 5 inches of the firer must roll a D6. If they role a 3 or under, they teleport to a random area, where they are turned 180 degrees.

Morghen
2012-02-03, 09:23 PM
For example: Every unit within 5 inches of the firer must roll a D6. If they role a 3 or under, they teleport to a random area, where they are turned 180 degrees.So less a "Death-Gun of DOOM!" than a "Maybe-You'll-Move-Around-A-Bit-Gun of ROTATION!"

Got it.

You should probably change the thread title.

Ravens_cry
2012-02-03, 09:41 PM
Roll the number of dice on the table, including ones opponents, the number that comes up is the number of models that take an attack with a strength equal to the number of dice on the table.
If that ain't absurd, I don't what is.

kieza
2012-02-04, 07:48 PM
Energetic Remodulation Cannon: Converts one kind of energy into another...at random.
-Converts ambient thermal energy (down to around -30F) into kinetic, causing everything in the blast to freeze solid and fly away from the impact point.
-Converts kinetic energy into ambient magical energy...causing every magic or mechanikal item to immediately trigger.
-Converts magical energy into ambient thermal energy, causing everyone's arcane accumulators to melt.
-Converts energy tied up in molecular bonds into thermal energy, causing things to disintegrate, then burst into flame.
-Converts energy tied up in atomic bonds into any other kind of energy, causing nuclear fission.
-Converts gravitational potential energy into kinetic energy, smashing everything on the ground.
-My personal favorite: Converts half of an object's relativistic rest energy into magic, causing an anti-matter explosion and simultaneously triggering and overloading every magic item within a mile.

Gligarman2
2012-02-05, 09:27 AM
Energetic Remodulation Cannon: Converts one kind of energy into another...at random.
-Converts ambient thermal energy (down to around -30F) into kinetic, causing everything in the blast to freeze solid and fly away from the impact point.
-Converts kinetic energy into ambient magical energy...causing every magic or mechanikal item to immediately trigger.
-Converts magical energy into ambient thermal energy, causing everyone's arcane accumulators to melt.
-Converts energy tied up in molecular bonds into thermal energy, causing things to disintegrate, then burst into flame.
-Converts energy tied up in atomic bonds into any other kind of energy, causing nuclear fission.
-Converts gravitational potential energy into kinetic energy, smashing everything on the ground.
-My personal favorite: Converts half of an object's relativistic rest energy into magic, causing an anti-matter explosion and simultaneously triggering and overloading every magic item within a mile.

GENIUS!!!!!:smallwink: