PDA

View Full Version : Austin Powers

Elboxo
2012-02-02, 08:28 PM
Now if there has been a thread statting out Austin already, someone please link me!

If not, well, after watching International Man of Mystery, I was just left thinking how amazing it would be to stat out the sexiest man alive.

Now remember, anything female and some things male can't resist, even constructs are unsafe to his charm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H4prE95LE0

This leads me to believe he has some form of turning, or something similar to the Dirge-Singer-esque class features, but to work on all things female, excluding animals and plants.

He also has some sweet moves, with his "JUDO CHOP" and flipping into the car, so I'm thinking monk for his stunning fist ( Judo Chop ) as well as his ability to grapple well even though he isn't particularly strong ( Improved Grapple ) but since he doesn't have very high Wisdom ( As is evident by his slapstick scenes and ridiculous situations he gets into. ) to base the save DC for this off, I'm thinking a feat like Kung Fu Genius, only for Charisma instead of Intelligence.

The next phase of Austin must be 5 levels in Battle Dancer, he gets Charisma to AC, as well as being able to tumble at full speed and put all those skill ranks into perform.

And of course, Bard ( Or perhaps Jester with focus in mind-affecting compulsions? ), with feats akin to Reqiuem and such to leave no types unaffected by his charms, which would be a seducing debuff to leave his enemies dead, unconscious or dazzled. As well as Perform: Sexy dance moves and Perform: Witty pun.

I also think he perhaps has an aura, that anyone needs to make willsave vs Charm Person effect if they get within 10ft, with the same rules applying, how they are resistant if they are hostile, etc.

And finally there must be some artificer in there, as any item in his hands becomes a deadly weapon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts1-3JqrG4A&t=00m23s

Ideas, agreement, disagreement, has it been done before?

HunterOfJello
2012-02-02, 09:38 PM
Let me get this straight:

Very High Charisma (diplomancy levels +)
Low-ish Wisdom (maybe a penalty for some reason)
Unknown Intelligence (he always saves the day ?!)

Physical stats unknown

High Diplomacy
High Tumbling

Judo Chop!
Grappling
Car Flipping
Masterful Device usage

Personal aura that attracts others somehow

~~~~~~~~~~

The book of erotic fantasy might have options for this character, but I don't possess it.

I'm going to start looking things up and I'll make some edits later.

*edit1*
Monk/Sorcerer might be appropriate. He either uses spells without knowing it or burns them doing things.

Ascetic Mage is a feat that lets Monks use Charisma to AC. They can also increase their attack and damage by sacrificing spell slots.

Half-Fey would also make sense since he would have Charm Person at will and an unnatural charisma far beyond and mere mortal.

*edit2*

I don't know if there are any actual charm auras in the game. The closest I can find is Seductive Gase(Su) which Malcanthet, the demon lord and Queen of the Succubi has. Anyone who meets her gaze has to do a check vs being overwhelmed by her beauty. She can do a free action 1/round to Dominate any target overwhelmed by her beauty. This might be an ability which only she possesses however.

Golden Ladybug
2012-02-02, 10:17 PM
I think some Dead Levels Swashbuckler (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) would be entirely appropriate.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-02-02, 11:44 PM
I think some Dead Levels Swashbuckler (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) would be entirely appropriate.

Golden Ladybug, between the topic matter, your post, and your avatar, I got a quick laugh.

As to the topic at hand, I could see Swasbuckler 4/Bard X/Warblade Y (CRAZY KUNG-FU) and just hamming it up beyond belief.

DarkestKnight
2012-02-03, 12:56 AM
It is commonly accepted in my group that the Bard has the "sleep with anything" class feature.

I like the idea of warblade, just make sure diplomacy stay maxed! There is an improved improvised weapon feature but i don't know if that is a class feature or feat.

Elboxo
2012-02-03, 08:14 AM
Let me get this straight:

Very High Charisma (diplomancy levels +)
Low-ish Wisdom (maybe a penalty for some reason)
Unknown Intelligence (he always saves the day ?!)

Physical stats unknown

High Diplomacy
High Tumbling

Judo Chop!
Grappling
Car Flipping
Masterful Device usage

Personal aura that attracts others somehow

~~~~~~~~~~

The book of erotic fantasy might have options for this character, but I don't possess it.

I'm going to start looking things up and I'll make some edits later.

*edit1*
Monk/Sorcerer might be appropriate. He either uses spells without knowing it or burns them doing things.

Ascetic Mage is a feat that lets Monks use Charisma to AC. They can also increase their attack and damage by sacrificing spell slots.

Half-Fey would also make sense since he would have Charm Person at will and an unnatural charisma far beyond and mere mortal.

*edit2*

I don't know if there are any actual charm auras in the game. The closest I can find is Seductive Gase(Su) which Malcanthet, the demon lord and Queen of the Succubi has. Anyone who meets her gaze has to do a check vs being overwhelmed by her beauty. She can do a free action 1/round to Dominate any target overwhelmed by her beauty. This might be an ability which only she possesses however.

Ooh! Excellent suggestions!

Ascetic Mage sounds perfect. I'd say Intelligence is above average, but not crazy. He knows things, waaaay back in his mind, past the sexy bit.

Perfect! Spot on, this is exactly right.

Warblade sounds ...interesting... I'm not sure it's as militant as that, he seems to not be the best marksman ( Watch him when he fires his pistol ), that or he doesn't enjoy it very much at all. But he does have surprise attacks, and ToB Maneuvers sounds right; once per encounter using a 'special attack' sort of thing. ( Extraordinary aim with toothpaste )

Now how do we overcome constructs and things being immune to his sexy powers?

Ravens_cry
2012-02-03, 09:54 AM
It is commonly accepted in my group that the Bard has the "sleep with anything" class feature.

So he's human.:smallamused:

Nerd-o-rama
2012-02-03, 10:02 AM
Now how do we overcome constructs and things being immune to his sexy powers?

Fembots seem to have intelligence scores, and thus are not immune to mind-affecting effects. As long as they're not spells/don't allow spell resistance, anyway.

If you don't buy that, there's feats in Complete Adventurer that let Bard abilities affect plants and things that can't hear them, so there might be one for constructs I'm forgetting about.

CapnVan
2012-02-03, 11:39 AM
Dragon Magazine Compendium has a 3.5E version of the jester. Worth a look.