PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Oblivion Texture Mod

No brains
2012-02-02, 10:16 PM
I found this nifty mod that lets me change the texture of a clannfear so that it looks like the queen alien. The only problem I have is that I don't know how to make it work.

Now I am completely unfamiliar and mostly uninterested in modding, but I would like someone to explain, slowly with small words, how I can make clannfears look different so I can tolerate them.

No brains
2012-02-05, 06:26 PM
Fifty views and no response? Am I posting in the wrong place for this? Can i be referred to a better board for asking these questions if nobody here can help me?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-02-05, 06:48 PM
Mmm, a little more info would help. Can you post a link to the mod, so that I could see it for myself?
Which folder you put the mod in depends on how many layers of folders the mod includes in it.

Cespenar
2012-02-05, 06:57 PM
As far as I remember, you need to:

1) Download the mod, obviously, and put it in your Oblivion/Data folder. If it's zipped, unzip before doing so, etc.
2) Download the programs Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) and Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). From this site (http://tes.nexusmods.com/), for example.
3) Install both of the programs.
4) Run OBMM, find the mod, and activate it. Close OBMM.
5) Run the game by running obse_loader.exe, not the usual Oblivion.exe. You also have to do this everytime (get a shortcut and put it on your desktop, to name the obvious).

My own procedure was a lot longer because I had installed some 20+ mods, with some of them having even further configurations, so I hope I didn't omit some steps. Anyway, enjoy.

No brains
2012-02-05, 08:34 PM
Mmm, a little more info would help. Can you post a link to the mod, so that I could see it for myself?
Which folder you put the mod in depends on how many layers of folders the mod includes in it.

Beware, most of the rest of the site is NSFW. http://www.slofslair.co.uk/index.php?page=modarticle&modarticle/id=5p5wds7ttw0
"Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."

The mod itself is pretty tame, it's just the queen alien. Just don't venture away from that one page.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-02-05, 11:05 PM
Mmm, I forgot about OBMM. That, or see if the mod is on Nexus and use the new Nexus Mod Manager.

No brains
2012-02-07, 05:16 PM
I resolved the issue. I didn't need any fancy downloads I was just putting the mod folder in the wrong program folder.

Now I can clobber clannfears while saying, "Get away from her you bitch!"

Hey is there a mod that lets me wear armor that looks like the power loader!?