PDA

View Full Version : Casting While Performing [3.5, Feat, PEACH]

userpay
2012-02-03, 02:39 AM
Spell Song
Prerequisites: Melodic Casting, Perform 12 ranks, Spellcraft 12 ranks
Benefit: You may start bardic music effects as a move action. For bardic music effects that require concentration to maintain you may now maintain it as a move action as well. This feat also applies to similar effects that expend uses of bardic music such as Seeker of the Song's Seeker Music.

So I wanted to play a singing spellcaster of which I had two concepts to decide between, one of which is likely going to enter Seeker of the Song. Looking around I was somewhat disappointed that there was no way to completely bypass the concentration requirement for certain bardic musics and similar effects outside off Greater Harmonize thus this came about. Looking for help balancing it and suggestions for a better name for the feat. This is also my first attempt at actual homebrew outside of requests for minor alterations between a DM and I. In addition I was considering allowing to start/maintain as a swift action as well via a perform roll. Suggestions?

Seharvepernfan
2012-02-03, 06:52 AM
Suggestions?

Nope.

It's a good feat.

Stycotl
2012-02-03, 11:01 PM
i think it would be fair to add a mechanic at a certain level or perform rank or something that allows swift act usage.