PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Turning (3.5)

Seharvepernfan
2012-02-03, 05:16 AM
I know there are a few out there, but I don't have the books for them.

Which ones do you think are best?

Which are your favorites?

What is the gist of them?

candycorn
2012-02-03, 05:31 AM
Channel Incarnum is a great one, since it's one of the few that still counts as turn undead for divine feats. Basically, you use it (free action) to get an extra essentia for a round, and it's usable 3+cha times per day.

Seharvepernfan
2012-02-03, 05:54 AM
Hmmm, I should have specified that it should still be related to turning/rebuking undead. Like, I've heard there is one that lets you damage undead instead of turning them.

I didn't mean something to replace it with entirely.

candycorn
2012-02-03, 06:03 AM
Ah, well, that changes things. Still, Channel Incarnum is generally used by DMM clerics, which then take a level in a class that gets them turning again (sacred exorcist, dread necro, etc), for double the uses.

Thurbane
2012-02-03, 07:46 AM
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft has an ACF (Destroy Undead) that trades turning undead for causing direct HP damage to undead with a turning check.

It's generally used to cheese it up by then gaining Turn Undead through another source, and both abilities stack for fuelling Divine Metamagic etc.

A dip in Death Delver (Heroes of Horror) is one of the few ways a good-aligned cleric (or other character who Turns) to also grab Rebuke Undead, which stacks with both Turn Undead and Destroy Undead.