PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Barb Help Needed

Ninjafatty
2012-02-03, 12:32 PM
Hey all! quick intro, my name is Bard! (yes seriously is...my mother was nerdy) I started in 3.0 D&D and played a barb/bezerker/legendary dreadnaught. We switched to pathfinder and I'm just having trouble seeing that Barb path these days. If I could get a rough idea how to make a barb similar to the one above that'd be great. I've read some stuff on barbs through google searches. The limitations are that I'm stuck in the Worlds Largest Dungeon, can only use pure pathfinder books, 2 traits, 20 point buy, half orc and just a tip for kicks I have been given full HD since my character is what our group calls "old school". Our party consists of a cleric a gunslinger a rogue and idk after that. Thanks for any replies!

OracleofSilence
2012-02-03, 12:36 PM
Firstly, welcome, secondly, the path to what you seek lies in the archetypes. I have heard generally good things about the Barbarian archetypes in Ultimate Magic, but litte about the rest of it. Also, take a look at Alchemist, and consider the utility of mutagens combined with rage. It can be pretty impressive stat boosts, and so long as you have the time, is usable from level 1 or 2.

sr123
2012-02-05, 02:13 AM
Jesus, I thought at first that this whole thread was a joke -- your name is "Barb" (Barbara) who needs help with a Bard -- and you were just letting it run.

Well, I got a chuckle. My current PF char is a multiclass Bard/Barb, so Bard, good luck with your Barb!