PDA

View Full Version : Leadership...should I take it If I...

Xander96
2012-02-03, 02:44 PM
...have a charisma of 9, but play a general in my Kingmaker campaign?

Mordokai
2012-02-03, 02:45 PM
If your DM allows it, go for it.

Telonius
2012-02-03, 03:02 PM
Leadership is arguably one of the most powerful feats in the game. At level 9, being a general (which would probably count as "great renown"), charisma modifier of -1, puts you at a leadership score of 10. That's enough for a level-7 cohort of your same alignment, and level 7 is the best cohort you can get (your level minus 2).

This does require a lot more work from the player; being able to manage two characters is not as easy as you might think. But if you, the rest of the group, and the DM are all okay with it? Go for it.

Diarmuid
2012-02-03, 03:26 PM
The biggest factor is how your DM handles it. You make think you're going to get exactly the NPC you want and you're going to have complete control over them, and the DM may think you should get what he feels is appropriate and will be controlling the NPC.

Or the DM may just be against it in general. Best to talk to the DM about your interest in the feat and go from there.

Xander96
2012-02-04, 12:38 AM
Thanks everyone!

NikitaDarkstar
2012-02-04, 01:13 AM
Just don't be surprised if your DM is wary of it or puts certain restrictions on it, it's easy to abuse, and with you playing a general he might get wary that you'll end up trying to build your own private army (yes, in theory it's possible.), but if you just want one cohort and that's it hopefully he won't have problems with it.