PDA

View Full Version : Totemist/Warblade Fluff?

Rossebay
2012-02-03, 06:03 PM
I'd really like to combine the two listed abilities, along with possibly a level of Barbarian and some Totem Rager.

I only wonder, how to fluff it? What are some cool ideas that you guys have? I'm at a loss for character concepts.

This world will contain high magic, and the party will probably have a Factotum/Chameleon, a Wizard, and a couple other decently powered classes.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-03, 06:56 PM
A barbarian warrior was blessed with nature's power. So it requires refluffing on both sides. There's also just the standard "knows both fighting and magic".

Rossebay
2012-02-03, 07:19 PM
A barbarian warrior was blessed with nature's power. So it requires refluffing on both sides. There's also just the standard "knows both fighting and magic".

Yeah, but that... I dunno, it's pretty dry. I'm looking for something more interesting.

I figured Tribal Shaman, but... A shaman wouldn't be too great with weapons. So, some spiritual tribal warrior? Maybe?

hex0
2012-02-05, 03:14 PM
I figured Tribal Shaman, but... A shaman wouldn't be too great with weapons. So, some spiritual tribal warrior? Maybe?

Maybe the weapon you focus on is the favored weapon of the Diety/Belief System your tribe worships? Maybe your tribe has weapon drills as a write of passage? It isn't too far a stretch.

Rossebay
2012-02-05, 04:03 PM
Maybe the weapon you focus on is the favored weapon of the Diety/Belief System your tribe worships? Maybe your tribe has weapon drills as a write of passage? It isn't too far a stretch.

That's true, I could work with that.

A tribe warrior who spends time among the mystics. His deep understanding of the spirit of the world itself manifests itself in specific ways as he grants himself additional abilities through investing his own essence in his equipment.

I like it.

Godskook
2012-02-06, 04:15 AM
Standard Beastmaster fluff works perfectly, but instead of having companions, you actually shape their spiritual energies into melds that can aid you.

GodGoblin
2012-02-06, 05:22 AM
A friend of mine played a Totemist as you would play a Cleric, but he worshiped and revered the nature spirits and souls of great beats that have now passed on. They then granted him powers like there own.

Another option Ive heard of is to use Incarnum as Tattoos rather than magical floating items, a tribal warblade with magic tattoos is a pretty cool and reasonable concept :smallsmile:

Cwymbran-San
2012-02-06, 05:29 AM
Maybe the tribe sports several members that have been touched by animal spirits (like the "bear-sarsks", meaning bear-skin-wearers in norwegian), thus forming the elite warriors of the tribe?

Rossebay
2012-02-06, 03:48 PM
Wow. All of these suggestions are awesome, thanks guys!