PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Custom Feat PEACH (Power Surge)

almightyk
2012-02-03, 09:02 PM
hey all, this is just a feat i thought i would run by you all
please critique it :)

POWER SURGE

By calling upon your inner reserves, you push your body to go just that little bit further. This will put a toll on your health.

gain the following abilities

Push the limit: By spending a healing surge you can add 1/2/3 (per tier) to any attack roll you make. This may be made after the attack roll but before finding out whether the attack was successful. This may be done once per round. No health may be gained from the healing surge spent.

Inner Reserve: By spending a healing surge, you can give a power you use the Reliable Keyword. This may be done after knowing whether the attack was successful. No health may be gained from the healing surge spent.

Halberd
2012-02-16, 12:09 AM
This would be quite useful as I always have more than 5 surplus healing surges. I would love this feat but I am biased as the player. This feat might be overpowered.

Dakaran
2012-02-16, 05:15 PM
Hi Halberd,

I like the concept of the feats a lot. They're very interesting.

Push the Limit seems to have a fair exchange to me and has the correct scaling for tiers. I like it. My only thought with it is that if the feat's power as an At-Will is determined to be "too powerful", perhaps change it to an Encounter with a special condition that it can be used two or three times, like the Cleric's Healing Word.

I feel like Inner Reserve is on the broken side if you allow the player to use the ability after finding out if the attack was successful or not. I feel like the risk with casting an Encounter or Daily power is necessary, otherwise you'd just keep trying until it hit. Personally speaking I would change this in one of two ways: (1) keep it At-Will, but the player must use the ability before rolling or (2) change the ability to a Daily power... maybe Encounter. I'm leaning towards #2 right now, but I'd have to think about it more.

Hopefully some of that helps. :smallsmile:
- Dakaran

almightyk
2012-06-08, 08:22 PM
hi Dakaran, thanks for the feedback. sorry about the late response though :P

i see your point about inner reserve. i think i will just make it before the attack

Dakaran
2012-06-08, 10:38 PM
hi Dakaran, thanks for the feedback. sorry about the late response though :P

i see your point about inner reserve. i think i will just make it before the attack

Haha, "late response". My post was from February! :smallamused: No problem, happy to assist. :smallsmile: