PDA

View Full Version : The Alteration Domain.

Cipher Stars
2012-02-04, 12:03 AM
The Alteration Domain

Alteration domain deals with altering oneself and others, similar to the Transformation domain.

Granted Power:
The Alteration Domain grants the recipient an Alternate Form that they can assume at their leisure. The alternate form must meet all the requirements of Baleful Polymorph and functions the same however you always retain your own mental stats and memories, and the ability to speak. Should you enter an antimagic field, you loose the ability to speak but are otherwise physically unaffected. Once chosen, the alternate form cannot be changed.

Domain Spells:
1st: Reduce Person
2nd: Alter Self
3rd: Meld into Stone
4th: Reincarnate
5th: Polymorph
6th: Baleful Polymorph
7th: Statue
8th: Polymorph any Object
9th: Wish

The-Mage-King
2012-02-04, 12:06 AM
Hm. Fairly interesting. Is Wish really the best spell for 9th level, though? I'd suggest something more like... Oh, Transmute Rock to Lava, or maybe Dragonshape. Either one would fit the fluff.

Eldest
2012-02-04, 12:08 AM
This really isn't helpful advice, but I read this wrong, thought it was a domain of 'Meh', and was very exited. Mostly to find out hoe you turned apathy into a domain power.

Seerow
2012-02-04, 12:11 AM
Hm. Fairly interesting. Is Wish really the best spell for 9th level, though? I'd suggest something more like... Oh, Transmute Rock to Lava, or maybe Dragonshape. Either one would fit the fluff.

Or idunno... Shapechange?

Cipher Stars
2012-02-04, 12:30 AM

I tried limiting it strictly to spells found in the d20srd. However, Rock to Lava would fit well enough, and I'll look into dragonshape.

Wish however is Alteration to its fullest extent, Alter anything.

The-Mage-King
2012-02-04, 12:32 AM
Or idunno... Shapechange?

That too, but I was suggesting, you know, less broken stuff.

Kobold-Bard
2012-02-04, 08:33 AM
Top spell should be Shapechange, but I like this besides that. May use it soon.