PDA

View Full Version : Buying the books without donating in the kickstarter

Cade Shadow
2012-02-04, 12:56 PM
So after the whole kickstarter business wraps up, I'd be able to buy the reprinted books even if I haven't donated, right? Or do I need to donate to be able to get the books?

Kish
2012-02-04, 12:57 PM
You will be able to buy the books, yes.

Once upon a time, there was some theoretical uncertainty about whether kickstarter would do well enough to let Rich reprint all the books. That's *cough cough cough* not the case anymore.

jmucchiello
2012-02-04, 12:58 PM
Yes, there will be additional stock of all the books (except the limited edition Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tails) to last "over a year", that's the time period Rich said for the full print runs.

Nerd-o-rama
2012-02-04, 12:58 PM
The point of the Kickstarter is to make the books available in stores again (presumably gaming/comic book stores and convention vendors, not sure about major book chains). You'll be saving some money if you donate enough to get a book, though, assuming you want all the other donation gifts.

Ancalagon
2012-02-04, 01:03 PM
The "Shop" button in this site (lower left) leads to the shop where you can order everything that is in print. And right now it very much seems the kickstarter will ensure the stuff there will stay in print for quite a while. I mean... the 30 days are not over yet.

Zerter
2012-02-04, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking of putting in a order for all the books (in kickstarter), that won't cost me more money than ordering them outside of kickstarter, right?

Moogleking
2012-02-04, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking of putting in a order for all the books (in kickstarter), that won't cost me more money than ordering them outside of kickstarter, right?

It'd be cheaper, actually.

Plus you'd be contributing to the drive :smallsmile:

Zerter
2012-02-04, 06:13 PM
I figured as much, but I wanted confirmation, thanks. I was really considering getting a picture drawn of my party (could have probably found party members willing to share the expenses), until I realized the offer was limited in nature and already sold out, crushing my dream of having Rich Burlew draw my favorite characters : [.

Denamort
2012-02-04, 08:14 PM
Actually, isn't it more expensive to get the books trough Kickstarter?

The price of all books in OokOodOoK is much more cheaper than the 222U$S for the entire Oots Collection in Kickstarter.

SaintRidley
2012-02-04, 09:54 PM
It is more expensive to get the books through Kickstarter. However, there are reasons for that.

The extra expense will go to the printing of the books, the magnet, the coloring book, the stickers and hit point pads. You will also receive the refrigerator magnet, hit point pad, stickers, coloring book, Dim Sun PDF, O-Chul PDF, Julio Scoundrel PDF, Sir Francois and Elan PDF, and three mystery short story PDFs if you order a book through the Kickstarter. If you go for a $250 order you can add an art print of the poster to that as well.

Plus whatever we wind up with for Mystery Prize #4.

So it is more expensive to nab the books through Kickstarter. However, you're also getting a lot more than the books and helping make the books available for other people in the future.